Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2645      
       2647              4169       4170       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kings_freak
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2646 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

I visited an out of the way location to check photo possibilities. I'd first found it seven years ago when I was just getting serious about photography and rambled around my home town and the other towns in Marin looking for something fresh. That first time I had a friends Nikon 5700, a 5 megapixel camera with a rather profound shutter lag. It was my frustration with the shutter lag that motivated me to buy my first DSLR, the Canon Digital Rebel, 300D. But I got some good shots with that Nikon including six or seven at this particular location.
...Show more
Cool story! I always tell myself to take my camera, no matter where I am going, just for that reason. Good luck on the renewal!

–Tony

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:50 AM
kings_freak
• • •
p.2646 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:
A few with my new D800E and 50mm 1.8 ais. Just went for a walk around town during my lunch hour. SOOC jpegs.

(Waiting on the postman to bring me mint copies of the following - 105/2.8 micro, 20/2.8, 28/2.8 and 200/4 all ais)

The old courthouse. Now a pub !

The local rag

That's quite a collection you have on the way! You got bit pretty bad. This looks like a cool place to hang out.

–Tony

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:55 AM
bruni
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2646 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
You are right. Ben is my new "Maitre à penser" : because of him I bought a nikon 85 HC, a Nikon 50 1.8 ais, a Zeiss 85 P, a BMW 530, a Dassault Falcon 7X.....

Huh??!! This is crazy....I bought the 24mmPCE and the zeiss 85P because of YOU - not the other way around.

Haven't been out to take pics much lately - but if I was tempted AND I'M NOT - it would be the new zeiss 55mm f1.4 - bit out of my league but Phillippe, with the BMW and the Dassault Falcon - I'm sure you could swing it.

What happened to the nikon 24 mm f1.4 you were going to get? I'm still waiting for those shots!

ben

Mar 07, 2013 at 06:18 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2646 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kings_freak wrote:
Yes, the 14 day return is a nice addition. It will definitely take some getting used to, but I think it will be a fun lens. I will have to check the infinity issue that you are talking about and see if mine does the same thing. Do you have the newer AI versions or the older F model?

–Tony

Both of my copies are the AI versions. There are some slight differences between the true AI and the non-AI versions that have been factory converted.

- John

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:19 AM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2646 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I'm really procrastinating with a long list of things on my to do list... that I'm completely ignoring. I've been bitten by the camera bug and playing with my toys. Rather than go to the bank, I mounted the 300 f/4.5 AI-s ED-IF, with a TC-201 teleconverter and a PN-11 extension tube. Unfortunately, my effort to enter the correct information in the non-CPU register were for naught and these images show up as 500 at f/8, which was the lens last mounted on my camera.

Here are four leaf studies with the lens hand held but supported by adjacent walls.
The first
...Show more

Hi Curtis,
Lovely shots, I really like the simplicity and the way the leaf stands out from the black background in your second shot. I hope that you provide us some pics wih Nikki using your tubes.
Also glad that even an expert like you can sometimes come unstuck with entering the non-CPU information, makes me fell less bad when I shoot with the 28mm lens registering as the 300mm.
Hope you made it to the bank in the end.

P.S. Love the shot of the Seminary and great story on getting the photo liscenced. Hope they renew it and pay you oodles of money.

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:28 AM
cadman342001
• • • •
p.2646 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kings_freak wrote:
That's quite a collection you have on the way! You got bit pretty bad. This looks like a cool place to hang out.

–Tony

Haha thanks Tony, had a spell with Canon mpe65 and 500 f4 but now back with nikon and couldn't resist

Mar 07, 2013 at 11:37 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2646 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:
A few with my new D800E and 50mm 1.8 ais. Just went for a walk around town during my lunch hour. SOOC jpegs.

(Waiting on the postman to bring me mint copies of the following - 105/2.8 micro, 20/2.8, 28/2.8 and 200/4 all ais)

The local rag

kings_freak wrote:

–Tony

cadman342001 wrote:
Haha thanks Tony, had a spell with Canon mpe65 and 500 f4 but now back with nikon and couldn't resist

Welcome to the thread Andy. Looks as if you got it bad! I think you'll find a very friendly and helpful crew we have here. We also like to spend others money.

Mar 07, 2013 at 01:25 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2646 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

I visited an out of the way location to check photo possibilities. I'd first found it seven years ago when I was just getting serious about photography and rambled around my home town and the other towns in Marin looking for something fresh. That first time I had a friends Nikon 5700, a 5 megapixel camera with a rather profound shutter lag. It was my frustration with the shutter lag that motivated me to buy my first DSLR, the Canon Digital Rebel, 300D. But I got some good shots with that Nikon including six or seven at this particular location.
...Show more

Curtis, I like this one better! You did an excellent job converting, hope you get it extended.

Mar 07, 2013 at 01:27 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2646 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mike-in-ak wrote:
However, you would need to remove it to adjust it. The original had a geared knob so you could rotate the filter while it was installed and you were looking through the viewfinder.

The only CPL that fits is the factory one. The B+W one will not screw into the holder and if it did it would be way to thick to slide back into the slot. The factory one usually goes in the $300 range. They are very very rare.

Mar 07, 2013 at 02:21 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2646 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I was able to catch-up with the thread last night. Great stuff!

Samy, very nice street shots and the golden bell towers are terrific.

Curtis, Peter, Sam, Mark and Jim T., beautiful tube shots!

Georg, I love the composition of "University Hospital" and the "beach grab" was really well done. Nice milestone, I'm looking forward to seeing your millionth shot.

Chin, more dazzling work with your PC-E.

Jose, the Pompeii series continues to amaze. One of my favorites is the serpent wall painting.

Ronny, I like your street shots, especially the b&w. Great running dog photos!

Kevin, very cool abstract and flowers.

Americo, good luck with your analogue adventures. Glad to hear your daughter is recovering well.

Avi, great shots of the green bridge and the icicles.

Leighton, the second shot of Barbara's new crops is really nice. The snow shots are beautiful.

Mark, "small boy, big world" is excellent and the "fruit slices" is a great WA entry.

Philippe, great composition of "No Print."

Ben, nice street work with the 24mm PC-E.

Scott, I really like the "Woodland Frost" abstract.

Nancy, cool cat!

Ray beautiful work with the 35mm.

Tony, "out for a stroll" is really nice." Love the fog.

Ron, cool lens tools. Where's the hammer?

Mike, nice grizz! I'm looking forward to seeing your comet shots.

ddog, great golden!

John and Ray, beautiful work with the 16mm.

Chuong, great photo. Good luck with the book.

Rafael, I enjoyed the tile making shots.

Curtis, terrific shot of San Anselmo. I can see why they liked it so much.

Andy, I enjoyed the courthouse pub.

Leighton and Laura, good luck with the feet!

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Zichar
• • • •
p.2646 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yay, finally got my roll back
Developed at a local lab then sent for scanning with a hobbyist (with a google drive download link no less!)
Not many keepers though, my first time with Tri-X

Trying to fulfil Leighton's wishes, to see more of life around me, the streets
This is taken in my hometown, a lil' town called Ipoh in Malaysia; at the dingy and dimly lit wet market (thought it was perfect, taking over Dean's duties heh heh)
I haven't been here for at least ten years and it hasn't changed nary a bit - just like I remembered it when I was a kid
Turned around and caught this old man walking through the lanes, surrounded by dried goods (scallops, fish, shellfish, vegetables, peanuts, etc - essential Cantonese culinary ingredients)

shrimp run (Roll 4668 024) by Zichar, on Flickr

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:26 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2646 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton - no peace for the wicked with all that snow

Samy - love the cat

Mike - that's a serious bear! Love it.

Jose - thanks for looking. NIce shot of the mosaic hard to believe it was buried for nearly 2000 years

Curtis - the bee shot was handheld but I did do a machine gun shoot!Thanks. Nice exposure on the 16 mm although I'm not really a fan of the fish eye effect.

Your leaf shots are terrific - I can only conclude that you were a heck of a shot in your youth if you ever hunted

I also really like the seminary which is so classical that it could be in Italy.

Ray - thanks and excellent use of the 16mm

Choung - another lovely shot of your daughter

Mike - nice bird shot. I think you hit the nail on the head - the digital darkroom allows one to do a lot with this lens which IMO is underrated

John - the 16mm shots are stellar (no pun intended)

Tony - thanks for looking

Andy - Cairns looks good through your lens. Welcome - now we haveat least 3 aussies here I'll have to look up more Saffers!

Chin - good to see you back - nice shot

Rafael - you clearly gained a bit more altitude

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:32 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2646 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

At Keurboomstrand (50 km from home) for lunch. A couple of cropped panos with the 29 2.8 ai-d

Hardy gazanias - 3 shot

NIKON D200    28mm    f/11.0    1/125s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Gully - 3 shot

NIKON D200    28mm    f/11.0    1/90s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Boardwalk Keurboomstrand - 10 shot (15 minute alignment process of raw files)

NIKON D200    28mm    f/8.0    1/160s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:50 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2646 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:

Firstly welcome. Cairns is such a lovely place and I expect you will make us all jealous with some great shots in the permanent sunshine.
Nice shots of the courthouse-come-pub although this doesn’t do the Aussie stereotype any favours.
In your last shots have the Dutch landed? Hupp Oranje!

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:59 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2646 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
At Keurboomstrand (50 km from home) for lunch. A couple of cropped panos with the 29 2.8 ai-d

Great one Peter, what a fab place to go for lunch.
I admire all the pano's that you and others have put up recently, they are great work.

Mar 07, 2013 at 05:03 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2646 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Welcome to the thread Andy. Looks as if you got it bad! I think you'll find a very friendly and helpful crew we have here. We also like to spend others money.

Some, whom shall remain nameless, will really try to get you to spend your money on NMFAS.

Mar 07, 2013 at 05:21 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2646 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:

Peter these are very nice. I especially like the first in the series.
Scott

Mar 07, 2013 at 05:23 PM
Ronny _Olsson
• • • •
p.2646 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks
Little time right now .. Great shot everyone

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Mar 07, 2013 at 05:31 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2646 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks
Little time right now .. Great shot everyone

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8108/8533962921_84a1bdb23a_b.jpg

Ronny, this one is very nice.

Mar 07, 2013 at 05:36 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2646 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Ronny, this one is very nice.

+1

You certainly are mastering that 180/2.8 ED AIS! Great images.

Mar 07, 2013 at 05:51 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password