Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2620      
       2622              4376       4377       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2621 #1 · p.2621 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

John's last blog post.

There's some stunning abstracts in here!

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2013/03/johns-fifth-and-last-post.html

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:19 PM
Zichar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2621 #2 · p.2621 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Dropbox linkage didn't work for me hmm
Back to flickr instead

45PCE

zl_uppser_06 by Zichar, on Flickr

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:19 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.2621 #3 · p.2621 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
Some comments from an experienced ebayer:

The price is fine. Mine was $1800 from KEH, with ~900 actuations.

You need to put up new photos. You can't sell a high end camera without high end photos, my man! First, get the entire camera in each shot. Second, no flash (if you used it) just use good indoor lighting and work with the white balance. Finally, whatever settings you used accentuate every dust particle and white spec on the camera. Too contrasty. I am certain it looks better in real life than it does in these pics.

Also, put up a photo that includes
...Show more

Thank you for the advice, i think i won't have time this go, however, if it doesn't sell, ill try to do so asap! The pictures are somewhat my best, and I think as an amateur a lot of buyers might see this, or expect this, and they may have an idea of what it may be in their hands, and pros, well, they are pro?

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:26 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2621 #4 · p.2621 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

John's last blog post.

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2013/03/johns-fifth-and-last-post.html

Brilliant. Love the commentary as well. Thanks John for showing us a bit of your home town.

But who is Mary Jane?

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:27 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.2621 #5 · p.2621 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Considering the low usage, I would say it's a very fair price.

Thank you leighton, I appreciate the advice! I am staring to get cold feet however!!

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:27 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2621 #6 · p.2621 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Definitely clean the camera, get every bit of dust off it, blow the crevices with compressed air, and if there are scratches or scuffs on it, make sure to show them, point them out, in fact. Question is, why are you selling it on ebay if you have a buy and sell subscription here? How much is ebay going to take from your sale price for fees? I sold a D300 on the local Craigslist recently and avoided all the fees (ebay and paypal). I had put the D300 on a tripod, and a background behind it, to show off the camera. Cleaned it all off beforehand and used some 303 protectant on it. Didn't take long to sell it.

designdog wrote:
Some comments from an experienced ebayer:

The price is fine. Mine was $1800 from KEH, with ~900 actuations.

You need to put up new photos. You can't sell a high end camera without high end photos, my man! First, get the entire camera in each shot. Second, no flash (if you used it) just use good indoor lighting and work with the white balance. Finally, whatever settings you used accentuate every dust particle and white spec on the camera. Too contrasty. I am certain it looks better in real life than it does in these pics.

Also, put up a photo that includes
...Show more

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:29 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2621 #7 · p.2621 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Brilliant. Love the commentary as well. Thanks John for showing us a bit of your home town.

But who is Mary Jane?

I guess you're not old enough to remember all the nicknames for marijuana!

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:31 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2621 #8 · p.2621 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:

But who is Mary Jane?

Hah!

Mari Juana

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:34 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2621 #9 · p.2621 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Curtis, beautiful blossoms

Ray - have you come to a decision yet? You're going to miss the D7000 until there's a replacement.

The person interested in my D7000 is supposed to pick it up next Tuesday. So if he buys it I will be down to my film cameras until I buy the D600 or wait til the D7100 comes out. I am very heavily leaning towards the D7100 but I have that nagging draw to full frame

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:53 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2621 #10 · p.2621 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

John's last blog post.

Fantastic work with Nikki John!

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rafaelcasd
• • •
p.2621 #11 · p.2621 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
An amazing set Rafael, beautiful place well captured.

I assume they are growing Arabica coffe at that altitude. Why do they stop at 5,000 feet, I though that close to the equator you should be able to grow good coffee to 6,000? Have they been affected by the coffee rust blight that is affecting some of the South American countries?
If I remember correctly El-Salvador is one of the few countries in the world that is increasing its' forest cover, is that right?

Again, thanks for kindling the 16mm envy!

Thank you Mark, Arabica it is, you may be right about the altitude. My friend who is an agronomer was telling me that 5000 is old wive's (farmer's?) tale and that we should be able to plant higher, on the other hand they might as well keep believing it as this preserves cloud rain forest. Rust has been a big problem and the corrupt goverment has done nothing about it, wait until they lose that tax income. The country seems to be at least keeping its tree cover. This is the middle of dry season. We are at 14 deg north.

Edited on Mar 01, 2013 at 05:04 PM · View previous versions

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:57 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2621 #12 · p.2621 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
They look like Cotoneaster to me not Firethorn (Pyracantha) although they are very closely related. I didn't see any thorns in your pic and as a kid we used to eat the berries ( a bit dumb since red berries are usually best left alone!) and the firethorn was avery prickly customer.

WOW Peter, you are the man; my botanist friend at last agreed with you, it looks like Cotoneaster.
You are elected our official botanist at NMFG thread

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:58 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2621 #13 · p.2621 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
What a gorgeous place to live!

+1

HDR-like (not overdone) image.

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:00 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2621 #14 · p.2621 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Mark, Arabica it is, you may be right about the altitude. My friend who is an agronomer was telling me that 5000 is old wive's (farmer's?) tale and that we should be able to plant higher, on the other hand they might as well keep believing it as this preserves cloud rain forest. Rust has been a big problem and the corrupt goverment has done nothing about it, wait until they loose that tax income. The country seems to be at least keeping its tree cover. This is the middle of dry season. We are at 14 deg north.

Thanks Rafael,
Today seems to be a learning day for me, coffee and old nick-names for Marajuana.
If I remember correctly the limit for +/- 15 degrees is about 2,000m and above 1,000 for best quality. But if an old wives tale preserves the natural forest I am all for it.

Now another question. I have a free day Sunday, what lens should I go walking with?

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:04 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2621 #15 · p.2621 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Last day for Nikki in Seattle. Here's a few. Images to Leighton later tonight for updating the blog.

Nice work with Nikki. I really like this one John.

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:06 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2621 #16 · p.2621 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Hah!

Mari Juana

I think I should have guessed that.

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:07 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2621 #17 · p.2621 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:

But who is Mary Jane?

Thanks Mark!

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:10 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2621 #18 · p.2621 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

raboof wrote:
Love your scenery shots Jose and Rafael.
When will I leave Ohio?

I agree Chuong. Beautiful images by you both. Rafael the vegitation is so lush! Jose, love the vineyard images.

Chuong, maybe we can get out of our respective state once the snow melts!

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:19 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2621 #19 · p.2621 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
The person interested in my D7000 is supposed to pick it up next Tuesday. So if he buys it I will be down to my film cameras until I buy the D600 or wait til the D7100 comes out. I am very heavily leaning towards the D7100 but I have that nagging draw to full frame

Do it do it do it do it do it!

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:22 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2621 #20 · p.2621 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Nice work with Nikki. I really like this one John.

Thanks Scott. I thought it was going to be a bust as I only had about 20 minutes so I felt very very rushed. It was also slightly misting on and off and I had not brought the lens hood.

This was the first time I've ever even been near the EMP since it opened. Where it's at in Seattle is kind of a tourist trap which I tend to avoid.

I also found out that there is a Chihuly glass garden located there as well, but you had to pay to get in and they blocked off almost all views from the outside except for the ~20 ft. tall yellow glass "tree" that I was just able to see.

I'll have to get back there again with my full complement of lenses.

John

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:27 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password