Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2619      
       2621              3805       3806       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2620 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

Here are a few from today with the 85mm 1.4. Getting some more use from my D7000 before it leaves to find it's new home.

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v74/p1456309740-5.jpg

Love this one Ray, and congrats on the new D7100!

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:22 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2620 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Last day for Nikki in Seattle. Here's a few. Images to Leighton later tonight for updating the blog.

John sorry the flu hit you the same time as Nikki, what a bummer. At least you were able to use her some and with fantastic results!
I LOVE these three, they would make wonderful large sized prints to hang together on a wall.
I'll have your blog post up soon.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:26 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2620 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
Hi all, i am selling my camera, do you think its logical to ask about $1400? Thank you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130858880498?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Considering the low usage, I would say it's a very fair price.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:27 AM
asiostygius
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2620 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kings_freak wrote:
Thanks for another great comparison Jose. It seems the D600 handles the CA of that lens a little better. I especially noticed it in the type on the last two shots.

–Tony

Thank you Tony.
It could be a mistake by me, by as far I know the setups of both cameras were identical, ilumination the same and both shots converted (no edit) from VieNX2 to tiff then resized for internet in CS5.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:47 AM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2620 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Alternative pano, this time with 4 horizontal shots. Less town and more Vesuvius + sky than the vertical pano.

4 horizontal shots pano of Vesuvius, from Pompeii by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 K ai'd & CPU'd, hand held, ISO 100, f/5.6 at 1/640s.
No polarizer here and the haze is visible.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:48 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2620 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Very nice pano Jose. I'm assuming the snow covered peak is the "new" dome that grew after the initial eruption?

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:00 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2620 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank Leighton.
I dont know, but what I do know is that in 1944 there was the last notable eruption, fortunately far less violent than at 79 A.D.

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:04 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2620 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Thank Leighton.
I dont know, but what I do know is that in 1944 there was the last notable eruption, fortunately far less violent than at 79 A.D.

The 'dome' is an illusion from the angle that Jose shot at. It's actually the wall of the caldera in the middle, the dome used to carry on up (if you imagine that the left side of the mountain carry's on instead of flattening out). In the middle it's a huge hole.

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:26 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2620 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Mark for the clarification.
In fact I even visited the crater border at around 1,100m above sea level. Next week I will post some shots.

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:49 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2620 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Thank you Mark for the clarification.
In fact I even visited the crater border at around 1,100m above sea level. Next week I will post some shots.

I am looking forward to seeing them! The ones you have posted so far are excellent and the panoramas very well done. I hope you don't get too distracted by your new toy though.

Mar 01, 2013 at 01:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rafaelcasd
• • •
p.2620 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This may be the last posting of the trip before I return this weekend.

It was time to revisit the coffee farm, coffee raised me and paid for my schooling at CAL. Our farm was nearby, but one of the best looking farms I know belongs to my brother's in-laws. Here is the volcano it is in, the farm starts halfway up and ends at the top, over 5000 feet people do not plant coffee and it is virgin forest. 2/3 up the way on the right side is the little house we went to. At the bottom is a modern coffee mill.

nikon nikkor 50mm 1.2 D800 bosque Lya 3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

A crop of the mill, this was with the 50mm 1.2, the lens I used the most this day. That is cofee beans sun drying on the concrete pad.

nikon nikkor 50mm 1.2 D800 bosque Lya 3 crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

A Curtis style rendition at the house, this 50 1.2 has good mountain bokeh at 1.2.

nikon nikkor 50mm 1.2 D800 bosque Lya 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Now the 16mm 3.5

nikon nikkor 16mm 3.5 D800 Bosque Lya Santa Ana El Salvador 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

and the last

nikon nikkor 16mm 3.5 D800 Bosque Lya Santa Ana El Salvador 3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Edited on Mar 01, 2013 at 02:41 PM · View previous versions

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:00 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2620 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Pompeii soil is very fertile and I managed to get these colourful fruits growing next the walls of the ancient city.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8388/8516041883_e7e5e94749_b.jpg
Red fruits from Pompeii wall by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Micro Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 1600, f/5.6 at 1/30s.
Someone here knows its name?

Edit: a friend of mine, a botanist, has identified the fruit as probably the Scarlet firethorn.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyracantha

They look like Cotoneaster to me not Firethorn (Pyracantha) although they are very closely related. I didn't see any thorns in your pic and as a kid we used to eat the berries ( a bit dumb since red berries are usually best left alone!) and the firethorn was avery prickly customer.

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:08 PM
raboof
• • •
p.2620 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love your scenery shots Jose and Rafael.
When will I leave Ohio?

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:09 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2620 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, beautiful blossoms

Samy, interesting bokeh with the 105. The in focus area looks a little soft to me - is that just my eyes?

Ray - have you come to a decision yet? You're going to miss the D7000 until there's a replacement.

Jose - Another good one from Pompeii - wonder what the wine tastes like?

John - nice set to wrap up the Nikkodyssey.

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:24 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2620 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:

It was time to revisit the coffee farm, coffee raised me and paid for my schooling at CAL. Our farm was nearby, but one of the best looking farms I know belongs to my brother's in-laws. Here is the volcano it is in, the farm starts halfway up and ends at the top, over 5000 feet people do not plant coffee and it is virgin forest. 2/3 up the way on the right side is the little house we went to. At the bottom is a modern
...Show more

What a gorgeous place to live!

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:05 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2620 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose and Rafael, terrific pictures, keep them coming.

John, very nice Nikki pictures of that colorful and interesting structure.

Ray, so you are OOC now? Out of camera..

Peter, here's a crop of the bench image with the 105 1.8. It wasn't exact but I think the intended focus was on the edge of the armrest of the bench, so as to get the rest progressively OOF. Maybe there's not enough of the edge to see a sharp area. I also add a bit of microcontrast and sharpness to overcome the AA filter, and may not have done that in the earlier post.

NIKON D800    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    105mm    f/2.0    1/1000s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:12 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2620 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I was thinking anyway of testing some of the medium teles for wide open sharpness and bokeh anyway, will include this lens in the test. In this case its more likely I missed the focus.

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:16 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2620 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:

It was time to revisit the coffee farm, coffee raised me and paid for my schooling at CAL. Our farm was nearby, but one of the best looking farms I know belongs to my brother's in-laws. Here is the volcano it is in, the farm starts halfway up and ends at the top, over 5000 feet people do not plant coffee and it is virgin forest. 2/3 up the way on the right side is the little house we went to. At the bottom is a modern
...Show more

An amazing set Rafael, beautiful place well captured.

I assume they are growing Arabica coffe at that altitude. Why do they stop at 5,000 feet, I though that close to the equator you should be able to grow good coffee to 6,000? Have they been affected by the coffee rust blight that is affecting some of the South American countries?
If I remember correctly El-Salvador is one of the few countries in the world that is increasing its' forest cover, is that right?

Again, thanks for kindling the 16mm envy!

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:54 PM
designdog
• •
p.2620 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
Hi all, i am selling my camera, do you think its logical to ask about $1400? Thank you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130858880498?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Some comments from an experienced ebayer:

The price is fine. Mine was $1800 from KEH, with ~900 actuations.

You need to put up new photos. You can't sell a high end camera without high end photos, my man! First, get the entire camera in each shot. Second, no flash (if you used it) just use good indoor lighting and work with the white balance. Finally, whatever settings you used accentuate every dust particle and white spec on the camera. Too contrasty. I am certain it looks better in real life than it does in these pics.

Also, put up a photo that includes everything you are selling: box, manual, batteries, charger, camera cover, strap, etc. Spend an hour to get the photos looking good and it will pay off for you.

Please take no offense here. Just trying to be helpful...

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:55 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2620 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

designdog wrote:
Some comments from an experienced ebayer:

The price is fine. Mine was $1800 from KEH, with ~900 actuations.

You need to put up new photos. You can't sell a high end camera without high end photos, my man! First, get the entire camera in each shot. Second, no flash (if you used it) just use good indoor lighting and work with the white balance. Finally, whatever settings you used accentuate every dust particle and white spec on the camera. Too contrasty. I am certain it looks better in real life than it does in these pics.

Also, put up a photo that includes
...Show more

Good advice.

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:18 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password