FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2615      
       2617              5891       5892       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2616 #1 · p.2616 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wow, image after image that is terrific in the last few pages! Need to spend some time to go through all of them.

Quick couple of photos from Washington DC, both with the 28 3.5 PC. The first one is shifted the full extent, while the second I believe the shift screw was only partly shifted.

Samy

Apr 04, 2013 at 11:50 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2616 #2 · p.2616 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The postman dropped off a package from Italy today - a black 45/2.8P purchased from Donald Jean - excellent condition except no Nikon filter or original lens cap, which is no big deal.

Hopefully I will get it out this weekend.

Mounted on the D800 it really is far more easy to carry in a computer bag, etc. than with the 50/1.8G mounted on it.

Hopefully it will perform well enough to stay in the bag. The corners might not be uber sharp even stopped down, but if you crop them out you end up with a ~30MP ~50/2.8 which ain't bad at all . . .

John

Apr 04, 2013 at 11:56 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2616 #3 · p.2616 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hens and chicks?

CGrindahl wrote:
A couple of shots from the bridge overlook of landscaping... taken with the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-zJsIdmaBk8o/UVuJlpUv3YI/AAAAAAAATko/M6kP9dB_cYU/s1000/55.1.2.SC.CactusPlants.jpg

Thanks Peter. Having some fun messing about in the new filters while I learn PS at the same time.

pburke wrote:
I like the Nik-treated shiny skin shots the best - just brings out the shape of the plane really well. Also the hot air with Nik is very textured.

One day I'll do a road trip to the museum - I've been on their web page quite frequently.

I'm heading out to California this weekend and will be driving past the Strategic Air and Space museum west of Omaha. I hope to hit the area at a time I can visit.

Thanks Ray and Reagan.

pbraymond wrote:
Laura, the Nik versions of the planes are interesting, and catch my eye, but in the long term I prefer the non-Nik versions overall.

Reagan wrote:
Laura, I like the originals better I think
Georg any photo of the night sky looks great

Reagan

Thanks Leighton. There was a bus load of people due in soon, so I was trying to shoot as much as I could before they got there "Only" managed 263 shots of which there are quite a few duplicates. Had one eye on the clock while I was shooting, too.

leighton w wrote:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/57/794057.jpg

I like this one the best out of all of them.

Thanks Chuong, and on the sheet, I'll have to print out one and mark off what I have so far...

raboof wrote:
Nice shots, Laura.

Something might be useful...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22102440/FRED/DSC_8059.jpg

Bigger version here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22102440/FRED/DSC_8059-big.jpg

self portrait finally :D :D :D :D :D :D

Apr 05, 2013 at 12:48 AM
mp356
• • • • •
p.2616 #4 · p.2616 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My Favorite

Reagan

Why am I so small Help me!!!!!!!!

Very funny Reagan. Now you did it to me! BTW Curtis, I really like this cablecar image.

Apr 05, 2013 at 01:13 AM
mp356
• • • • •
p.2616 #5 · p.2616 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray (FL), nice flower images with the 180.

Georg, another nice vaulted ceiling image. I hope you know a good chiropractor.

Agentbird, the PC-E images are extremely nice. The ferris wheel time exposure is awesome.

Leighton, nice b&w of the sleeping cats.

Peter, beautiful image of the Corsair.

Jeff, thanks for the comment on the snow scene. FWIW, it made it above 50 degrees today.

Apr 05, 2013 at 01:22 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.2616 #6 · p.2616 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Thanks Chuong, and on the sheet, I'll have to print out one and mark off what I have so far...

I have already done that, and marked what I still want to get - here

Apr 05, 2013 at 01:42 AM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2616 #7 · p.2616 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This is a great sheet, but we need one that includes all previous scalloped "heavy metal" beauties and later ais versions to our best possible NMFAS "management"

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:00 AM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2616 #8 · p.2616 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This is one of the most, if not the most well preserved mosaic panel at Herculaneum - "House of Neptune".

General view with a 20mm:

Neptune & Amphitrite mosaic panel - general view by labecoaves, on Flickr

Glass paste mosaic in the House of Neptune - general view.
Neptune and his consort, Amphitrite.
D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 800, f/5.6 at 1/400s.

More detailed view with 55/3.5 - pano with 3 vertical shots:

Neptune & Amphitrite mosaic panel - closer view by labecoaves, on Flickr

Neptune and his consort, Amphitrite.
D7000 + Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 800, f/5.6 at 1/200s.
Sea shells seem to be a favourite material for framing mosaic panels.

More details here:
https://sites.google.com/site/ad79eruption/herculaneum-1/insula-v/house-of-the-neptune-mosaic

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:01 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2616 #9 · p.2616 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm slowly beginning to catch my breath, though the deadline for filing taxes is approaching and I've yet to start the process. I've been processing images from yesterday and have a few more to share. As impressed as I am with Nikki, for some shooting the focal length is not ideal. I found myself spending much of yesterday with the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd, another lens Ben celebrated that made its way into my kit. Thanks for that as well Ben.

But lets just start posting photos. I found converting with Silver Efex Pro 2 helped quite a bit with some of the challenging lighting situations encountered in the middle of an early April afternoon.

A few shots at Union Square in the middle of downtown.

One taken with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd, also at the square.

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:14 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2616 #10 · p.2616 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

While I was waiting for the cable car at the foot of Powell Street where it intersects with Mission, I met a young man from Jose's hometown Sao Paolo, who was taking a grand tour through America before heading back to Brazil. His name is Luiz. He may show up hear at some point in time. He found Fred Miranda on his smartphone as we were chatting and I was telling him the story of Nikki. But this portrait was taken with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd.

I realized I needed a wider lens and mounted the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd that stayed on my camera for the rest of the day.

Up and over Nob Hill and we came down toward the bay.

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mp356
• • • • •
p.2616 #11 · p.2616 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The ugly side of Spring. You never know what treasures will be found after a long winter. Here a mangled shopping cart slowly emerges from a huge pile of melting snow in a local plaza parking lot. This is not a b&w conversion (it is that ugly). Taken with the 28 2.8 ais.

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:30 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2616 #12 · p.2616 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Everyone loves to take photos of the "grip" the man who keeps the cable cars both on the move and when it needs to stop. Cables run beneath the roadway. You can see the slit in the road between the two rails in the photo above. There is a moving cable that is gripped by a device mounted beneath the cable car. Here is a photo of the grip doing his thing.

There is quite a bit of physical exertion required to do this job.

This is coming down Hyde Street to the beach.

Empty cable cars park here until they move to the turntable to pick up passengers for the journey back over the hill. And this is my reward...

The Buena Vista Cafe is home to the Irish Coffee, a true San Francisco treat. This was shot wide open to focus on the lusciousness. I had TWO!

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:32 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2616 #13 · p.2616 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Food is reasonable at the Buena Vista but they really want you to buy Irish Coffee, which is eight bucks a pop. This is the ambiance of the place...

And here is the turntable for the Hyde Street line. In the distance you see Mount Tamalpais... a direct line to my home in San Anselmo.

At the foot of the street is a maritime museum with old ships that at one time plied the waters of the bay.

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:37 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2616 #14 · p.2616 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose and Curtis - just outstanding images!

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:48 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2616 #15 · p.2616 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Peter, I was able to dial down a lot of that fringing...I played with the image a little bit too... What do you think?

**oops, tried to post the full rez***

Here we go.

Apr 05, 2013 at 04:25 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.2616 #16 · p.2616 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

nice, just a hint of purple and yellow left - and glad you reduced the size of the image

Apr 05, 2013 at 04:31 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2616 #17 · p.2616 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Purple I could still see a tad, where was yellow?

Apr 05, 2013 at 04:39 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.2616 #18 · p.2616 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I saw it in the full rez - horizontal lines in the star, I think

Apr 05, 2013 at 04:42 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2616 #19 · p.2616 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Will give it a look tomorrow. I sent you a pm.

Apr 05, 2013 at 04:46 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2616 #20 · p.2616 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

From my San Francisco excursion with family. Not sure what kind of plant these are, but they are quite beautiful.

Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8 wide open. This is BY FAR the hardest lens to focus with on my D7000. This was shot wide open. Usually I have to be at f/5.6 to get what I want in focus...

DSC_7603 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Apr 05, 2013 at 05:26 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password