2572              5891       5892       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2571 #1 · p.2571 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
+1000

Curtis has definitely been one-upping all of us former Nikki users . . .

Curtis has gone FriscoNikkilisticExpialidosus.

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:22 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2571 #2 · p.2571 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the comments everyone. As we've learned in trying to piece together the story about the lost lens hood, with time memory fades. I say that because there have been so many great photos taken with Nikki over the last ten months that it can only be memory lapse that says my photos are particularly noteworthy. We're all pretty fine photographers here and I've certainly been impressed with what I've seen. And, it certainly is a pleasure to use a lens that has been in the hands of members of this cyber community. We've all done remarkably well with this adventure. I'm honored to be the last one using this fine lens before it heads back to its rightful owner.

Here are a few random shots that haven't made it to the thread, all taken with Nikki.

This is how they make fences at Green Gulch Zen Center... And here is a horseback rider that followed me up the dirt road leading to where I'd parked my car. Only residents and those attending retreats are permitted to drive into the center of the site.

This is bark that has fallen from a eucalyptus tree. These trees were brought from Australia and have definitely found a home here, though their potential for fueling fires is not appreciated. Efforts have been made to get rid of them for that reason, but like many invasive species, it is practically impossible to eradicate. Of course, sometimes they make a nice photo...

Spring in the woodland.

Mar 25, 2013 at 04:07 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2571 #3 · p.2571 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Alan, I love the photo of Nikki. It has been said that a woman is never more beautiful than when carrying a child. It would be easy to say that about Nikki and it appears you are bound and determined to keep her with child... I think I understand why...

Mar 25, 2013 at 04:11 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2571 #4 · p.2571 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, Ray, Jose, Jeff, Curtis, Ronny - thank you all for your kind comments.

Jose - you really have taken some marvellous shots - is there a book in Brazilian Portuguese there?

Jihn - great panos

Curtis - an excellent series showing Nikki the sights

Jeff - the comp and toning of the B&W's is superb

Ray O - great trones in the B&W

ben - when I saw the start of your comment on Cutis' pics I theought you were about to say "Keep the lens, she looks so at home there"

Robert - Congrats on the 28-45 I have one and though I was less than enthusiastic at first ( due to difficulty in nailing focus on DX) I warmed to it considerably on my last trip. I find it pretty impressive and at the $54 I paid for my excellent copy a real win.

Ronny - gtreat images with your TC combo

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:48 AM
rolubich
• •
p.2571 #5 · p.2571 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Roberto, I own this lens and the 25-50mm. The 28-45mm is highly competent even at 4.5 but it does not achieve the high resolution magic of the 25-50mm at 8.0. Typically the 28-45mm goes for $100+ on e-bay and the 25-50mm for $300+. I have no experience with the 28-50mm 3.5, it has a good reputation and a smaller size, but I do not like push pull zooms as much as separate ring ones. Here are some web resources that have some reliable info:

http://www.sassmannshausen.eu/25_50.html

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/28-50mm.htm

http://imaging.nikon.com/history/nikkor/15/index.htm

Here is a very good summary: SUBJECTIVE Lens Evaluations (Mostly Nikkors)
DAVID RUETHER
http://www.donferrario.com/ruether/slemn.html
25-50mm f4 4.4 (several
...Show more

Thank you for the info Rafael, I was plenty satisfied with the 25-50mm (a lens I really love, my first AI lens) and the 28-50mm (a lens I use mainly for travel because of its size and weight) but I have been pushed towards 28-45mm by this article by an italian lens expert, Marco Cavina.

It looks like the 28-45mm has been a very ambitious design: a lot of very particular and expensive glasses and very small tolerances have been used.

PS: your zooms seem to be in really mint condition

Mar 25, 2013 at 07:42 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2571 #6 · p.2571 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy - Love the light in your bird portrait, well seen.

Peter - Both are good, but I like the coffee beans better. Great use of the lights and a good job at stacking. How many exposures was it? And how large was the aperture range?

Alan - Nikki has the "pregnancy glow" going!

Kevin - The composition looks good, but on my monitor they are all over exposed.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2571 #7 · p.2571 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Thanks for the comments everyone. As we've learned in trying to piece together the story about the lost lens hood, with time memory fades. I say that because there have been so many great photos taken with Nikki over the last ten months that it can only be memory lapse that says my photos are particularly noteworthy. We're all pretty fine photographers here and I've certainly been impressed with what I've seen. And, it certainly is a pleasure to use a lens that has been in the hands of members of this cyber community. We've all done remarkably well with
...Show more

I love this kind of shot! You're doing fine work with Nikki.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2571 #8 · p.2571 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GoranPhoto wrote:
A couple with the 105 2.5

Welcome Goran,

I love this one.

Don't hesitate joining in the conversation and keep posting images!

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
GoranPhoto
• •
p.2571 #9 · p.2571 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/98/790198.jpg
Welcome Goran,

I love this one.

Don't hesitate joining in the conversation and keep posting images!

Thanks, Leighton. I definitely will

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2571 #10 · p.2571 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Leighton, Ray, Jose, Jeff, Curtis, Ronny - thank you all for your kind comments.

Jose - you really have taken some marvellous shots - is there a book in Brazilian Portuguese there?

Thank you Peter. If you are meaning Brazilian Portuguese books about Pompeii, I don't know any, all my books on the matter (3 about Pompeii and 2 about Herculaneum) are in English.
And I do recommend to all interested on the Vesuvian ancient sites this ecellent internet source, in some respects better than the books:
https://sites.google.com/site/ad79eruption/

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

asiostygius
• • • •
p.2571 #11 · p.2571 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hey guys and gals, what are you waiting for? Only 2h and 45min left!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKON-NIKKOR-O-C-35mm-F2-8-WIDE-ANGLE-VERY-NICE-/111034779676?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

The auction of this beauty might reach a low value.
It is announced as the 35f/2.8, but in fact it is the f/2 O.C version in excellent condition.
Too bad the seller does not send it to Brazil

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.2571 #12 · p.2571 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Peter - Both are good, but I like the coffee beans better. Great use of the lights and a good job at stacking. How many exposures was it? And how large was the aperture range?

Leighton,

the coffee beans shot is a 7 image stack, and all at 1/60s f5.6. The lens was about 10 inches from the subject. Focus was adjusted from near minimum to infinity in roughly equal steps, but probably spaced just a little wide. You can't really see that in camera.

I'm still learning how to do this (after watching a youtube video on how to do it in Photoshop). I had no idea Photoshop could do this with images that don't perfectly line up. I always felt the changing perspective as you change focus would ruin images for stacking.

The coffee shot was the first time I used the 135mm Q on the D600, since it doesn't mount on it directly. It has been AI'd but it simply won't fit unless I use extension rings to bring it off the camera body. It appears as if the rear edge of the aperture ring around the part that has not been removed in the AI process also needs to be machined down to clear the camera body. Anyone else have this problem with older lenses? It also doesn't fit on the D7000, but mounts without any resistance on my F3.

Peter

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2571 #13 · p.2571 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the link Peter, I'm going to try this one day.

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:00 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2571 #14 · p.2571 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well it snowed another 5 inches yesterday, I'm getting a little tired of Winter. It just makes chores a little harder. The Chickens definitely don't like snow, you have to go shovel a patio every time before they even come out to eat! All shot with the 28mm f2.8.

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:03 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2571 #15 · p.2571 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Peter for the very interesting link;

Leighton, fantastic set, liked the most the last two!!

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:16 PM
GoranPhoto
• •
p.2571 #16 · p.2571 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A few more with the 105/2.5:

Ball by GoranPhoto, on Flickr

The Game by GoranPhoto, on Flickr

Home Run by GoranPhoto, on Flickr

Edited on Mar 25, 2013 at 03:09 PM · View previous versions

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:06 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.2571 #17 · p.2571 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Too many to comment on, I looked at them once on the phone during my commute to work
But had to view them again on the computer screen
Some very amazing work in the last few pages!

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:06 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.2571 #18 · p.2571 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

So no news about the lens hood?

CGrindahl wrote:
These trees were brought from Australia and have definitely found a home here,...

You know, I really read that as...

CGrindahl wrote:
This lens was brought from Australia and has definitely found a home here,...

Did a double take and went to read it again. Oh!

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:09 PM
GoranPhoto
• •
p.2571 #19 · p.2571 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Well it snowed another 5 inches yesterday, I'm getting a little tired of Winter. It just makes chores a little harder. The Chickens definitely don't like snow, you have to go shovel a patio every time before they even come out to eat! All shot with the 28mm f2.8.

Very nice shots, Leighton. Are these with the 2.8 AI-S CRC? I'm curious because I just ordered one, and was wondering how it handles landscapes.

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:14 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2571 #20 · p.2571 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Jose and Goran.

Chin, I hope you weren't driving while you were checking out the photos on you phone.

Goran, yes, it's the AI-s version which actually focuses closer than the Ai version. You're going to love it.

I like your recent set especially the last one with the feeling of motion in it.

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:33 PM
1       2       3              2570      

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2570      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password