Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2565      
       2567              4448       4449       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kings_freak
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2566 #1 · p.2566 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Once my work week starts I never seem to have time to follow the thread. I work 12+ hours a day plus an hour commute each way, so needless to say, I don't have much time!

Some great stuff, as is the norm for this thread. Just a few standouts for me:

John - Some wonderful work with Nikki. The area around you is breathtaking.
Georg - Your composition with the 16mm is mesmerizing! You have a wonderful eye and I always look forward to your posts.
Scott - The last set with the snowy trees was beautiful.

Hopefully I will have some more time tonight on my break to check out more of the images.

–Tony

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:08 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2566 #2 · p.2566 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Very nice Scott!

You're doing some great work in the snow Scott. Well done!

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:16 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2566 #3 · p.2566 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
+1 John. Wonderful capture.

Gorgeous John! You've really found your way with this lens and consistently get great results... very inspiring. You've definitely shown the way for all of us with regard to this lens.

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:18 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2566 #4 · p.2566 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Headed out to West Marin and ended up at Limantour Beach on the far side of Point Reyes National Seashore. Here are a few photos from the day... I shot these with the 50 f/2 H.C. AI'd that was manufactured about forty years ago. It is a very capable lens.

This is the approach from the parking lot.

Doubtless it was the fact of being in the middle of the week that made the beach relatively deserted. There was a light breeze but the sun was warm. These two were having quite a good time together.

It was fun watching these little birds dart out as the wave receded, then dash in as the next wave arrived. They feed beneath the sand. I imagine Jose can explain it all to us, but then he is on his way to Italy... lucky fellow.

Fascinating to see what the moving tide leaves behind.

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:28 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2566 #5 · p.2566 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And a few more...

This couple was backlit by the bright sun. This was what I hope to achieve. And this is what Sue hoped to achieve...

This was taken on the way back to the car.

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:31 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2566 #6 · p.2566 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Thank you Ray, Ben Leighton, Georg, and Reagan for your comments. We ended up with about 12" of snow from the storm. Not as much as to the east of us. I managed to get out the next two days to take some additional images. Here are a couple from the next day.
Scott

The first image...wow. Just, wow. Would you mind telling me your workflow on the conversion? Stunning shot.

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:50 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2566 #7 · p.2566 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, the shot of the stone and lines in the sand really works for me. I find the shot very peaceful. When I looked at it and the one with the bird, I was there on the beach, smelling the air, feeling the spray... Don't know why those two struck me like they did, but thank you for posting them. I think they are great shots.

Feb 13, 2013 at 05:58 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2566 #8 · p.2566 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Kevin. You're close enough to the Bay Area that you might even have visited that beach at some time in your life. There are so many things that draw one's attention. I loved seeing what the waves did to the beach as they left. I enjoy landscape shooting but I'm also very fond of graphical sorts of images, as with the stone and the pattern left in the sand as the water retreated around it. I also like the shadow created by this small feather.

Nature's delights are unending.

Feb 13, 2013 at 06:15 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2566 #9 · p.2566 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My wife and I love San Francisco, we go whenever possible. Would love to come down and have you show us some local flavor away from the touristy bits.

Feb 13, 2013 at 06:20 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.2566 #10 · p.2566 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

And a few more...

Catch any MARLIN [

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Ovc-L9I6FDc/URsToiTwPOI/AAAAAAAAR50/FS3kJl4jpxs/s1000/50.2.HC.CurtisLimantourBW.jpg

Great capture!

Feb 13, 2013 at 06:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2566 #11 · p.2566 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
My wife and I love San Francisco, we go whenever possible. Would love to come down and have you show us some local flavor away from the touristy bits.

I'm afraid I'm not much of a guide when it comes to San Francisco Kevin. I've lived in the East Bay (Oakland), the North Bay (Vallejo) and for the last 23 years in Marin. I've been musing about where I might take Nikki when she finally arrives for the last stop on the Great Lens Adventure and think it really needs to be San Francisco. But because folks on the thread from around the world don't really have experience with the city, I'll likely do some tourist things myself... though I won't talk about them yet. I'll let the photos tell the story.

When I lived in the East Bay I spent a fair amount of time in San Francisco where I had good friends, but the city has changed a great deal since then and apart of a general sense of neighborhoods and how to navigate around town, you probably know the city better than I do if you visit often.

I am planning on visiting the de Young museum, both to see the building and to see a collection of Dutch Painting from the Mauritshuis, the national gallery of the Netherlands . I visited that museum a couple of years ago, especially to see Vermeer's the Girl with the Pearl Earring, which is part of the exhibit at the de Young. I'm looking forward to that...

http://www.mauritshuis.nl/index.aspx?siteid=54

It seems we have a few folks from northern California on the thread at the moment. Pretty cool...

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:30 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2566 #12 · p.2566 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm too busy with my camera Americo to think about fishing when I'm at the beach. This photo taken by my partner represents the only two minutes of the day when I didn't have a camera in my hand. And my camera bag was at the immediate left, the camera's right. I'll leave the fishing to those who have some talent at it... and I think we'd have to rely on Reagan if what we're looking for are Marlin...

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:33 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.2566 #13 · p.2566 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I'm too busy with my camera Americo to think about fishing when I'm at the beach. This photo taken by my partner represents the only two minutes of the day when I didn't have a camera in my hand. And my camera bag was at the immediate left, the camera's right. I'll leave the fishing to those who have some talent at it... and I think we'd have to rely on Reagan if what we're looking for are Marlin...

Heheh, I was trying to be a bit of a smart Alec with that remark in reference to classic book, that I honestly can say, never read, I think it is Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea?

Feb 13, 2013 at 08:03 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2566 #14 · p.2566 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Blue hole in the stormy sky + late afternoon sunlight.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8530/8469886754_4c1d4524ec_b.jpg
Blue hole in the stormy sky + late afternoon sunlight by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor-O 35mm f/2 F ai'd hand held, ISO 100, f/8 at 1/125s.
I suppose this old lens performs well for cityscapes too.

My last photo for the next 10-12 days, since I am leaving to Herculaneum and Pompeii tomorrow afternoon. I hope Vesuvius does not wake up in the coming days
Up to now I am struggling about which lenses to put in the bag with my D7000. I need to stay light since will be walking all
...Show more

Jose, hope you have a wonderful trip, sounds like it should be.

Since you want to take the D7000 I'd go with the 16/3.5 + 35/2 and the 50-135/3.5. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy yourself!

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2566 #15 · p.2566 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Thank you Ray, Ben Leighton, Georg, and Reagan for your comments. We ended up with about 12" of snow from the storm. Not as much as to the east of us. I managed to get out the next two days to take some additional images. Here are a couple from the next day.
Scott

Very nice B&W work Scott, glad you didn't get what they did East of you!

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2566 #16 · p.2566 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, great looking series. I really like the portrait of you that Sue took, she has a good eye!

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2566 #17 · p.2566 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

John's second post. Very nice set of very beautiful country!

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2013/02/johns-second-post.html

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2566 #18 · p.2566 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

John's second post. Very nice set of very beautiful country!

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2013/02/johns-second-post.html

A stunning set, thanks for uploading Leighton and thanks for taking such amazing pics John!

Leighton - it looks like this weeks assignment is made for you - "doors".

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2566 #19 · p.2566 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curts, Your laundry photos are very appealing if I remember the bike shop is next door
I love the look of the ocean in California with the hills in the background.We don't have that in Florida
You should buy Sue a camera and share your lens.Great photo of you by her

Scott, great work on the last 2 B/W

Reagan

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:44 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2566 #20 · p.2566 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Thanks Kevin. You're close enough to the Bay Area that you might even have visited that beach at some time in your life. There are so many things that draw one's attention. I loved seeing what the waves did to the beach as they left. I enjoy landscape shooting but I'm also very fond of graphical sorts of images, as with the stone and the pattern left in the sand as the water retreated around it. I also like the shadow created by this small feather.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-LZttmbIfkRI/URsWesPetbI/AAAAAAAAR6g/cED68DH5fYo/s1000/50.2.HC.Feathershadow.jpg

Nature's delights are unending.

love the light and shadow on this one

Reagan

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:46 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password