1       2       3              2420      
       2422              5892       5893       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2421 #1 · p.2421 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Done with sunrise for a while maybe go to Lake Okeechobee for some sunsets this weekend

Last of them

Reagan

Last one is from this morning
Sorry about all the green in February

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/88/772688.jpg

Another great set Reagan, liked this one.

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:05 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2421 #2 · p.2421 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

sbarricklow wrote:
Shot in the early '90s with a 50 mm F1.8 using Fuji Velvia.

Lovely portrait Sam.

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:06 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2421 #3 · p.2421 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Some images from today:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8087/8459513062_9efce1417b_c.jpg
today's soccer-match got cancelled - D700, 16/3.5Ai

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8226/8458412079_d36277d7d9_c.jpg
from a walk around a small lake - D700, 16/3.5 Ai too
Maybe I re-process this one...

Georg, they deserve one more look, spetacular use of the 16/3.5 and incredible conversion.

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:08 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.2421 #4 · p.2421 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Georg, they deserve one more look, spetacular use of the 16/3.5 and incredible conversion.

they are so good, I almost find the current inflated ebay pricing for this lens acceptable

must resist...

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:10 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2421 #5 · p.2421 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Beautiful woman and beautiful photographs Tony!

John

Couldn't agree more Tony. First rate set of images. There is nothing quite so sweet as to have a subject willing to meet the lens openly. Those two lenses couldn't be happier and neither can we. Well done!

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:15 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2421 #6 · p.2421 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Sorry for the long post, hope the gaiety and detailed beauty of the costumes and the dancers will make it worthwhile.
I normally do not post process many photos, but when you take 400 or so D800 shots at iso 3200 you are setting your self up for a lot of work, deleting, adjusting color balance, noise, exposure, contrast, crop, leveling, and it takes hours and hours. I am sure there are faster ways, I use NX2 not for being cheap but 'cause it does everything I want to do to a photograph.

Stop the whining, here is a few more teasers.
...Show more

Rafael, fantastic set. Very nice to see how this beautifully crafted lens performs more than 3 decades afters its design in very good hands!

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:16 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2421 #7 · p.2421 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

Here are the results from my Frankenstein 105P. The ultimate spring test F22 vs F2.5 I am thrilled!

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v73/p1423637750-5.jpg

Perfect background Ray. "Frankenstein " is doing very well

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:17 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2421 #8 · p.2421 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

I'll drop one photo on the thread before heading off to bed. I was surprised to see these white blossoms open with winter still at hand. Of course, the warm days we've been experiencing surely has the plants thinking spring has arrived. This was shot at f/2.8 with the 135 f/2 AI-s.

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-r0adkKnt7Jg/URdByuHrbEI/AAAAAAAAR3o/r8ehEjqOuHc/s1000/135.2.WhiteBlossoms.jpg

Curtis, another classy flower shot!

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:20 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2421 #9 · p.2421 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kings_freak wrote:
My friend Natosha is back in town for a little while and was kind enough to come over for a shoot. It was beautiful outside after the storm rolled through, so we took advantage of the nice weather.

#1 and #4 were shot with the 105mm É1.8 and #2 and #3 were shot with the 55mm É1.2.

Strobist Info (Shots 2-4): SB-900 fired into silver reflective umbrella and triggered by Yongnuo 603s.

ĖTony

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8390/8460062859_a4717f4226_b.jpg
Natosha by T&J Photography, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8240/8461161124_9c6aa74d77_b.jpg
Natosha by T&J Photography, on Flickr

Tony, the first and last model isolation are my preferred; great work!

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:22 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2421 #10 · p.2421 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Resuming my old slides digital scanning, this is the White-eared Opossum taken with my old and trusty FM body + 50mm f/2 (dont recollect if K or ai version, anyway, same optics).There is the possibility I used a 2X TC to deliver a 100mm f/4, but I am not sure.

White-eared Opossum - slide dupe by labecoaves, on Flickr

Old slide from August 1993, gallery forest in the Cerrado Region, southeast Brazil.

Nikon FM + Nikkor 50mm f/2 hand held + flash, Fujichrome Velvia RVP ISO 50.
Dupped through a D7000 + 20mm extension tube + 55mm f/3.5 micro @f/8 and ISO 100 +ES-1 slide copying adapter, flash + diffuser behind slide. ~30% cropped.

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2421 #11 · p.2421 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
they are so good, I almost find the current inflated ebay pricing for this lens acceptable

must resist...

Finding this lens is a challenge since fewer than 8,000 were made during the six years it was produced. Of those, around a couple thousand were produced as AI lenses. Yes, there were AI conversion kits available for some time after the pre-AI lenses were manufactured, so quite a number were converted. Yet a great many of the lenses available now are pre-AI lenses and no more kits are to be found. I believe Ray picked up the last one for his lens.

What these lenses might be worth is surely a question not easy to answer. Limited availability will surely make lenses that come to market more valuable. And, doubtless, interest in the lens on this thread will push prices up. That is a sad truth of this venture we are sharing. Lenses that perform well get lots of attention and increased demand generated affects prices. I've lost a lens on E-Bay when another participant of this thread was willing to bid more. Fortunately, I was a bit ahead of this curve and bought lenses before the thread could affect prices. In fact, I may have contributed simply by finding a lens and talking about it here.

I doubt I would buy an AI'd 16 f/3.5 at the prices I now see on E-Bay with the cheapest at $628.88, but that wouldn't stop me from continuing to look. John is a serious shopper who looks for gear all over the place and he has bought THREE of these lenses over time. That makes good sense when one is hunting for a fairly rare lens and hoping to get the best possible price. Don't give up Peter, just keep shopping...

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:28 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.2421 #12 · p.2421 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Finding this lens is a challenge since fewer than 8,000 were made during the six years it was produced. Of those, around a couple thousand were produced as AI lenses. Yes, there were AI conversion kits available for some time after the pre-AI lenses were manufactured, so quite a number were converted. Yet a great many of the lenses available now are pre-AI lenses and no more kits are to be found. I believe Ray picked up the last one for his lens.

What these lenses might be worth is surely a question not easy to answer. Limited availability will surely
...Show more

Jose, Curtis, a really good ai converted sample sold for $330 on ebay a week ago, and this is the second like sale this year, just keep an eye out and bid right before closing. I am looking to buy a second sample.
Rafael

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:33 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.2421 #13 · p.2421 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I doubt I would buy an AI'd 16 f/3.5 at the prices I now see on E-Bay with the cheapest at $628.88, but that wouldn't stop me from continuing to look. John is a serious shopper who looks for gear all over the place and he has bought THREE of these lenses over time. That makes good sense when one is hunting for a fairly rare lens and hoping to get the best possible price. Don't give up Peter, just keep shopping...

my problem is that I know of the Zenitar 16mm, and there will be a point when I will break down and just buy the Russian glass to finally take some fisheye pictures again (sold my Rokinon 8mm with the DX body)

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:39 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2421 #14 · p.2421 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rafael another gorgeous set. #3 especially does it for me. Looks like "french cancan" -)
Tony, lovely series (and model) even if I prefer candid street portraits
Reagan, nice color shot of a nice looking b/w dog
Ronny, we want swedish women pictures not swedish statues.... -) however great light & contrast

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:41 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2421 #15 · p.2421 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CitroŽn "quinze/six", 28 2.8 ais :

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:43 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2421 #16 · p.2421 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wonderful Philippe. I commented on another Nikon thread that a person who is considering which wide lens to purchase should look at this thread for your work with the 28 f/2.8 AI-s. It doesn't get better than this in my opinion. You really understand the strengths of this lens and invariably use it to its greatest advantage. Well seen and beautifully executed. Love the conversion as well. BW seems to be speaking to you...

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:50 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2421 #17 · p.2421 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
my problem is that I know of the Zenitar 16mm, and there will be a point when I will break down and just buy the Russian glass to finally take some fisheye pictures again (sold my Rokinon 8mm with the DX body)

That might be called sacrilege but since this is a Sunday morning we should probably avoid religious discussions...

Doubtless, my decisions are shaped by my commitment to this thread, which I recognize. I'm content that not everyone is guided by the same muse. Since this is my one hobby, I feel justified in spending a bit more to stay "in the fold" so to speak. I've seen the Zenitar lens advertised and have seen photos taken with it. At a another time in my life I might have considered it as a low cost alternative but not now. If you go that way I'm sure you'll have a good time without stretching your budget, but sadly, we won't get to see your handiwork.

Kit building is forever and there is nothing that limits the options for someone with either a limited or an unlimited budget. The siren call of Zeiss has been heard in this household, but it has yet to motivate me to buy one of those lenses... in large part because I love the Nikkors in my kit AND because I enjoy this community of photographers too much to wander to other thread or boards. Good luck Peter, wherever your kit building leads you...

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:57 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2421 #18 · p.2421 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Rafael another gorgeous set. #3 especially does it for me. Looks like "french cancan" -)
Tony, lovely series (and model) even if I prefer candid street portraits
Reagan, nice color shot of a nice looking b/w dog
Ronny, we want swedish women pictures not swedish statues.... -) however great light & contrast

Thanks, Phillioe

And Ronny, you need to "heed the call" of the request for Swedish women
and Phillipe it wouldn't hurt you to set an example for him

Reagan

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:13 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2421 #19 · p.2421 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Wonderful Philippe. I commented on another Nikon thread that a person who is considering which wide lens to purchase should look at this thread for your work with the 28 f/2.8 AI-s. It doesn't get better than this in my opinion. You really understand the strengths of this lens and invariably use it to its greatest advantage. Well seen and beautifully executed. Love the conversion as well. BW seems to be speaking to you...

You are too kind and lenient, Curtis. Thanks.

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:16 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2421 #20 · p.2421 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Thanks, Phillioe

And Ronny, you need to "heed the call" of the request for Swedish women
and Phillipe it wouldn't hurt you to set an example for him

Reagan

You guys are a "pair to draw to..."

Reagan, you need that 300 to "reach" the bikini clad girls of Florida... then we don't need photos of Swedish or French women...

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:21 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password