Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2419      
2420
       2421              4306       4307       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
Reagan
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2420 #1 · p.2420 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Hunters camp in the Everglades
and the girls fashion mud boots

Reagan



Reagan 2012

  NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    180mm    f/8.0    1/800s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  





Reagan 2012

  NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/1.8    1/1000s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Dec 31, 2012 at 01:59 AM
rafaelcasd
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2420 #2 · p.2420 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


montym wrote:
Well, I suppose I should post an icicle picture too. At the reception last night, though a window


Not fair, I don't have any Icicles!!



Dec 31, 2012 at 02:03 AM
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2420 #3 · p.2420 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks Leighton, Georg (it was hand held, 3 shots in burst mode), Philippe, Monty and Tony.


This is a tiny flower, just 1cm diameter, taken with the 300mm f/4.5 AI-S EDIF + Canon 500D close up filter.



Flower with 300mm f/4.5 AI-S EDIF + close up filter: 3-shot focus stacking by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 300mm f/4.5 AI-S EDIF + Canon 500D close up filter + tripod, ISO 160, f/8 at 1/320s. ~20% cropped.
The flower has just 1 cm in diameter.
3-shots focus stacked.



Dec 31, 2012 at 02:18 AM
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2420 #4 · p.2420 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


John, loved your hiking set, mostly the 16/3.5 shots.

Tony, great cat shots;

Chin, liked the side portrait of your dog.



Dec 31, 2012 at 02:22 AM
pbraymond
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2420 #5 · p.2420 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


jhinkey wrote:
Took the D800 and my 16/3.5, 50/1.8G, and 100/2.8 Series E out hiking in the snow this morning. None of the 50/1.8G images made the cut, but got some good ones from the MF lenses:

http://hinkey.zenfolio.com/p864272471

Zenfolio seems to clobber the sharpness in slideshow mode.

I got some of my breath on the front of the 16/3.5 and after that it seemed to show more ghosting than usual with the sun in the frame.

Here's some samples -


Sure, I'm struggling with boredom play in my home, and John posts these pictures with artistic skills in a tremendous setting - is there a retract button? Great job, John.



Dec 31, 2012 at 02:27 AM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2420 #6 · p.2420 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


jhinkey wrote:
And one of my favorites with the 100/2.8 E

Wow! That is some serious Series E love! That shot is awesome and its the first great shot I have seen with the lens. I have been looking for some good shots with that lens for a while.



Dec 31, 2012 at 02:34 AM
jhinkey
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2420 #7 · p.2420 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


pbraymond wrote:
Sure, I'm struggling with boredom play in my home, and John posts these pictures with artistic skills in a tremendous setting - is there a retract button? Great job, John.


Hopefully I've alleviated some of your boredom Ray! Thanks - it was a rare great weather day in the mountains.

A few more images to come.



Dec 31, 2012 at 02:35 AM
jhinkey
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2420 #8 · p.2420 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


kwoodard wrote:
Wow! That is some serious Series E love! That shot is awesome and its the first great shot I have seen with the lens. I have been looking for some good shots with that lens for a while.


Thanks -

Yes, it's greatest attribute is weight and size. It can't stand up to 36MP at any aperture and it's got a little glow wide open, but it's just fine at 50% viewing with a bit of sharpening. I totally relied upon my AF confirmation dot so my focusing could be a bit off at infinity. It seemed that my images taken closer up were a bit sharper than those at infinity



Dec 31, 2012 at 02:43 AM
kings_freak
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2420 #9 · p.2420 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


jhinkey wrote:
Thanks -

Yes, it's greatest attribute is weight and size. It can't stand up to 36MP at any aperture and it's got a little glow wide open, but it's just fine at 50% viewing with a bit of sharpening. I totally relied upon my AF confirmation dot so my focusing could be a bit off at infinity. It seemed that my images taken closer up were a bit sharper than those at infinity

I had the same issue at infinity on that lens. I'd rack it out to the max and then dial the focus back just a tiny bit and that seemed to sharpen it up. Maybe the infinity stop is not calibrated right?

Tony



Dec 31, 2012 at 03:48 AM
jhinkey
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2420 #10 · p.2420 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


kings_freak wrote:
I had the same issue at infinity on that lens. I'd rack it out to the max and then dial the focus back just a tiny bit and that seemed to sharpen it up. Maybe the infinity stop is not calibrated right?

Tony

Could very well be - I'll have to check it out on a tripod.

John



Dec 31, 2012 at 04:16 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



jhinkey
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2420 #11 · p.2420 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Here's a quick panorama with the 100/2.8 series E. This is looking West towards the Olympic Mountains - down there somewhere is Seattle.

Actually, if you blow it up you can just see the tops of the skyscrapers downtown about 30 miles away.

John











Dec 31, 2012 at 04:24 AM
DTOB
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2420 #12 · p.2420 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Wow John...that is some view.


Dec 31, 2012 at 04:30 AM
DTOB
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2420 #13 · p.2420 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I finally got a chance to go out and shoot a bit with my new 16. I think we are going to get along just fine.








Dec 31, 2012 at 04:48 AM
jhinkey
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2420 #14 · p.2420 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I think you'll get along just fine as well . . .


Dec 31, 2012 at 04:54 AM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2420 #15 · p.2420 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


jhinkey wrote:
Here's a quick panorama with the 100/2.8 series E. This is looking West towards the Olympic Mountains - down there somewhere is Seattle.

Actually, if you blow it up you can just see the tops of the skyscrapers downtown about 30 miles away.

John

http://www.seanet.com/~hinkey/MtSi_2012/MtSiPanorama.jpg


My Series E 50mm is like that too. Infinity is blurry, I have to dial it back a hair. Stellar shot above, envious of the skill and view.



Dec 31, 2012 at 05:18 AM
huddy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2420 #16 · p.2420 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


All of you people and your icecicles and snow. It's sometimes hard for me to comprehend such things. I never saw any truly large icecicles until I was 22. The mountain looks very cold Philippe.

Ronny, the 135 is still looking good in your hands.

Jose, a lovely dragonfly.

John, I remember seeing you on top of that mountain before. That looks like a cold climb and Seattle looks pretty nice from there.

Dylan, looks like you'll do well with the 16.

Ray, the 105 renders very nicely! And the toy looks fun.

Reagan, you'd probably look good in a pair of boots like that

leighton w wrote:
Hey all,

My card reader just bit the dust. Anyone like to suggest one for an internal fit?

Thanks Alan!


Leighton, I'm going to presume you need a 3.5" model so here is where I go: Newegg Card Readers. I have one from Nippon Labs that is discontinued that had high ratings when I bought it but I see their newer models haven't fared so well. I'd just pick a high rated model that can handle SD+CF+USB and then you should be covered.



Dec 31, 2012 at 05:30 AM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.2420 #17 · p.2420 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Hello all I have an excellent update so far. This is ourlast week for chemo thank God and we should be on our way home late Tuesday morning and with God wiling stay home for good minus our check ups! I will post often on updates but so far I cant post photos due to monetary issues resulting the sales of ny only mf lens however the buyer said the foucus was stiffer than he thought hence he filed a complaint paypal said hes right so now its coming back and he gets his refund wellits ok I should have known but at $400 total and a kuck butt lens I guess I should have gave it away ? Oh well money probs wete temp except that damn past due 3k taxman bill im ok xD my daughter hospitl stay was 200k plus but thankful our insurance covers a large chunk however the rest will cease my furtherdslr lens wants until we woek 24 hour days xD thank you everyone for your prayers, concerns, and hearing me rant.


Dec 31, 2012 at 09:35 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2420 #18 · p.2420 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


a.RodriguezPix wrote:
Hello all I have an excellent update so far. This is ourlast week for chemo thank God and we should be on our way home late Tuesday morning and with God wiling stay home for good minus our check ups! I will post often on updates but so far I cant post photos due to monetary issues resulting the sales of ny only mf lens however the buyer said the foucus was stiffer than he thought hence he filed a complaint paypal said hes right so now its coming back and he gets his refund wellits ok I should have
...Show more

Americo - It's such a shame getting ill is so costly but deo volente your daughter will be well. My best wishes to you and your family during this trying time.

Peter



Dec 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2420 #19 · p.2420 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Some really fantastic images during the holiday period - I lurked when I had a chance and am still amazed at the quality of the work produced on this thread.

I'm experimenting with some of my old slides and photographed this Kodachrome taken in Teneriffe in 1972 using my Pentax Spotmatic this morning. A very crude technique - Scotch tape onto a window with a cloudy backdrop, Nikon D200 with MF 105 2.5 and all the extension tubes in my armoury.

The lens is amazing - handheld and a quick PSE6 conversion.




  NIKON D200    105mm    f/2.5    1/80s    125 ISO    0.0 EV  




Dec 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Ronny _Olsson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2420 #20 · p.2420 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks all :-)
Fantastic Georg..like the b / w version best :-)
Tony: really good cat pictures.. great job
Chin: really good on the dog again
Jose: Beautiful :-)
Great shot Reagan
John: that is fine view.. great shot
Peter: Great shot from 105 f2.5

Happy new year !!

Ronny//



Dec 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1       2       3              2419      
2420
       2421              4306       4307       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2419      
2420
       2421              4306       4307       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password