Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2417      
2418
       2419              5888       5889       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
Reagan
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2418 #1 · p.2418 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Paul, great concert series
Craig, Love the badlands the 24 is a great lens for that
and just what we need is more CAT photos
Rafael,beautiful light and sharp

Reagan



Feb 09, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Reagan
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2418 #2 · p.2418 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Done with sunrise for a while maybe go to Lake Okeechobee for some sunsets this weekend

Last of them

Reagan

Last one is from this morning
Sorry about all the green in February




















Cat in a Tree




Feb 09, 2013 at 12:21 PM
sbarricklow
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2418 #3 · p.2418 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Shot in the early '90s with a 50 mm F1.8 using Fuji Velvia.







Feb 09, 2013 at 01:39 PM
David Antilley
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2418 #4 · p.2418 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Paul Gabel wrote:
Been busy for a while, but I have seen a tremendous amount of awesome pictures on the thread, and many new people joining in. Welcome!
This week I went to a concert by Lonnie Liston Smith, a 72-year-old jazz musician who was persuaded to return from retirement by a band of enthousiastic young and very talented musicians.
Here are a few pictures, taken with the 135mm f2.0 ais and 180mm f2.8 ais on a D700:

Paul



I like the reflection of the keys in the glasses the first. Your colors are always great.

David



Feb 09, 2013 at 01:59 PM
rankamateur
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2418 #5 · p.2418 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Reagan wrote:
Done with sunrise for a while maybe go to Lake Okeechobee for some sunsets this weekend

Last of them

Reagan

Last one is from this morning
Sorry about all the green in February



Good doggie!



Feb 09, 2013 at 02:55 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2418 #6 · p.2418 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Fantastic shots, although I think on this last one, I'd clone out the spotlight over his head, would be the only change I'd make.

Paul Gabel wrote:
Been busy for a while, but I have seen a tremendous amount of awesome pictures on the thread, and many new people joining in. Welcome!
This week I went to a concert by Lonnie Liston Smith, a 72-year-old jazz musician who was persuaded to return from retirement by a band of enthousiastic young and very talented musicians.
Here are a few pictures, taken with the 135mm f2.0 ais and 180mm f2.8 ais on a D700:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8371/8456462697_8846e4dae7_b.jpg
_PG24167 by Apapa56, on Flickr

Paul


Welcome, Craig, and yes, I'm partial to cats myself, and these badlands shots make me want to go there this summer too.

digitalthump wrote:
I've been visiting this forum on and off for some time and decided it was time to post something. The first two images were taken this past June in the South Dakota Badlands with a 24/2.8 AIS, both are single image crops. The second two are of my cat Sargent and they were taken with a 105/2.5 AIS w/o, I love this lens!



Have fun, Peter.

Oosty wrote:
I'll be away on the Cape west coast for a couple of days so will have a lot of catching up to do when I get back on Thursday.


Can't wait to see the rest of these shots, Rafael. Now I'm seriously considering converting my dad's copy of the 50-300, as his is the 1970 version.

rafaelcasd wrote:
A teaser from the dance festival today. 50-300mm ED ais at 300mm 4.5, D800 at iso3200. Going to bed.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8109/8458183506_8f915cbf68_o.jpg
nikon nikkor 50-300mm san diego D800 filipino dance by Rafael CA, on Flickr


Reagan, I think you've found your groove. Do NOT sell this camera, repeat, do NOT sell this camera, it's definitely meant for you.

Reagan wrote:
Done with sunrise for a while maybe go to Lake Okeechobee for some sunsets this weekend

Last of them

Reagan

Last one is from this morning
Sorry about all the green in February





Feb 09, 2013 at 04:15 PM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2418 #7 · p.2418 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


saph wrote:
Ray, beautiful scene with the 35 1.4! Americo, nice pics, especially the kids, and good to see your daughter doing well.

Leighton, if polydactyl means too many claws I don't think so, although I should check again, maybe that's why there's so many scratches on furniture

Not too many ideas on what to do next since its the usual cold and wet outside, so I tried a comparison of the four normal lenses for wide open bokeh. Had been thinking about that test since Georg demoed that wonderful picture of the girl in the front and other kids out of
...Show more
Samy I think the clear winner here is the 50mm 1.4 There is so little difference between it and the 1.2"s that they are not worth 3 times the price!!!!
Thanks for the test I was really thinking about getting the 50mm 1.2



Feb 09, 2013 at 05:24 PM
Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2418 #8 · p.2418 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


rafaelcasd wrote:
A teaser from the dance festival today. 50-300mm ED ais at 300mm 4.5, D800 at iso3200. Going to bed.
[

Beautiful, Rafael!



Feb 09, 2013 at 06:16 PM
Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2418 #9 · p.2418 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Paul Gabel wrote:
Been busy for a while, but I have seen a tremendous amount of awesome pictures on the thread, and many new people joining in. Welcome!
This week I went to a concert by Lonnie Liston Smith, a 72-year-old jazz musician who was persuaded to return from retirement by a band of enthousiastic young and very talented musicians.
Here are a few pictures, taken with the 135mm f2.0 ais and 180mm f2.8 ais on a D700:

Paul


Great concert series, Paul!



Feb 09, 2013 at 06:17 PM
Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2418 #10 · p.2418 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ben, where are yoooouuuu ?


Feb 09, 2013 at 06:20 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2418 #11 · p.2418 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


50 1.8 ais :









Feb 09, 2013 at 06:22 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2418 #12 · p.2418 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Philippe, beautiful work - as always! Is "the other 24mm" already in your hands?


Feb 09, 2013 at 06:58 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2418 #13 · p.2418 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Paul, outstanding work around the stage! The first images are really fantastic - and the drummer-shot pretty cool (reminds me of the young Lionel Hampton - always in the mood for a joke).



Feb 09, 2013 at 07:03 PM
Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2418 #14 · p.2418 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


georgms wrote:
Philippe, beautiful work - as always! Is "the other 24mm" already in your hands?


Thanks a lot Georg!
No, I sent it back for some time.



Feb 09, 2013 at 07:17 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2418 #15 · p.2418 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Some images from today:

today's soccer-match got cancelled - D700, 16/3.5Ai


from a walk around a small lake - D700, 16/3.5 Ai too
Maybe I re-process this one...


killing some waiting time between two sports-events - stitched pano - D7000 at ISO 4000, 50/2.0Ai at f/2.8



Feb 09, 2013 at 07:49 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2418 #16 · p.2418 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Rafael, beautiful "teaser" from the dance-festival!

Sam, that's a lovely portrait of the cat!

Reagan, it's great to see you're havin fun with your D600! Keep your fine pictures coming - I can stand the green ;-)

Peter, love the first landscape-shot for it's framing - the way the street comes around the corner (sorry for my English) is very, very nice.

Craig, welcome! Very nice work - my personal fav is the second shot for its framing.

Curtis, beautiful images from the bay! I especially like the foggy shot from yesteryear. Very moody, maybe a bit spooky.
If this was my image I would think about cropping the lower 2/5 of the image away - but that's just me ;-)




Feb 09, 2013 at 08:01 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2418 #17 · p.2418 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


testing out a new to me lens that I just picked up this morning, not letting myself have too much fun with it at the moment, since I need to be concentrating on this book, instead...





NightOwl Cat 2013

The Dreaded Chore... Studying...




Feb 09, 2013 at 08:06 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2418 #18 · p.2418 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


saph wrote:
Ray, beautiful scene with the 35 1.4! Americo, nice pics, especially the kids, and good to see your daughter doing well.

Leighton, if polydactyl means too many claws I don't think so, although I should check again, maybe that's why there's so many scratches on furniture

Not too many ideas on what to do next since its the usual cold and wet outside, so I tried a comparison of the four normal lenses for wide open bokeh. Had been thinking about that test since Georg demoed that wonderful picture of the girl in the front and other kids out of
...Show more


Samy, very nice comparison! My personal fav is the 55/1.2 - but somehow I like the other fast 50's too ;-)
I have planned a similar comparison outdoors (with some foliage as background, have to wait some months).
The picture of the girl was an extreme example - the old 50/1.4 did very well under better conditions.



Feb 09, 2013 at 08:08 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2418 #19 · p.2418 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


NightOwl Cat wrote:
testing out a new to me lens that I just picked up this morning, not letting myself have too much fun with it at the moment, since I need to be concentrating on this book, instead...



Congrats, Laura! Is the lens in question maybe a rather chunky 45mm?



Feb 09, 2013 at 08:10 PM
raboof
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2418 #20 · p.2418 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Great shot again Philippe.
Georg, I love #2 but the other two are also great.
Laura, cool PC shot. Congrats!







Feb 09, 2013 at 08:43 PM
1       2       3              2417      
2418
       2419              5888       5889       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2417      
2418
       2419              5888       5889       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password