Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2414      
       2416              4068       4069       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2415 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/75/755575.jpg

Love it!
(that is one of the reasons I like b/w. I have soooo much trouble with white ballance)

John, I like this version much better. Are you sure you're not on Mars, looks like the Rover behind your right shoulder!

Dec 30, 2012 at 02:08 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2415 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

David Antilley wrote:
Chin and Ronny, great dog portraits. Glad to see another dog on this thread.

Reagan, Georgms, Leighton, Philippe, Ray, and Rafael, fantastic landscapes.

I went to a local cemetery for some large format practice and also took the 50mm.

D700 and 50mm f1.2
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8358/8323634531_e6c421307b_c.jpg
DSC_5001.jpg by TXFZ1, on Flickr

David

I like it David, cemeteries can be great place for photo ops.

Dec 30, 2012 at 02:09 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2415 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Monty and David - thank you!

David, what a beautiful photograph! Notwithstanding the rather dark tones it has an almost feathery feel to it - thanks to the soft rendering of the fast Nikkor. Very nice work!

Dec 30, 2012 at 02:47 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2415 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A shot taken some minutes ago - practicing with the 28/3.5PC:

Heimat XLVI von georgsfoto auf Flickr
detail of the local fieldstone-church, taken with a D700 and PC-Nikkor 28/3.5 at f/11

Dec 30, 2012 at 02:49 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2415 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well, for those of you who are not comfortable taking pictures of people, I found the perfect starting place. A wedding.

Last night my POD (Personal Occupancy Designstation) partner,Tina, got married. The hired photographer ditched out after the ceremony. I was wandering around the dinner and reception with my camera. I kinda looked like a pro. D600, grip and an 85mm f/1.4. People were coming up to me asking me to take their picture "Will you take our picture?" , "Will you take my picture with me grandma?" I just walked around and took everyones picture. No one crabbed at me.

When the bride and groom cut the cake, people ran over to me to photograph it. I'll tell you one thing, I know why real photographers use flashes. THe light was terrible for many pictures. I know my camera has a flash on it, but I've never used it

I only had my 85mm and found it too long for many of the shots people wanted me to take. If I was a real photographer, I would have taken my 28mm, 50mm and the ever present 85mm. Maybe the fisheye for the ceremony. (or a nice close up of the bride, making her nose about 10X larger than normal )

I'd like to print this picture and give to to Tina when we return to work on Wednesday. I've never been so worried about a print. I hope she likes it. I hope I didn't PP it too much.... Oh Well..

Tina and Brant

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    85mm    f/2.8    1/60s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 30, 2012 at 02:51 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2415 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
John, I like this version much better. Are you sure you're not on Mars, looks like the Rover behind your right shoulder!

No clouds on Mars. Maybe NASA forgot to clone them out....

Dec 30, 2012 at 02:54 PM
Zichar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2415 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tina should be happy to receive that. It's a great shot, the tones are perfect

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:01 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2415 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Tina should be happy to receive that. It's a great shot, the tones are perfect

Thanks Chin!

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:07 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2415 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Monty, how horrible that the pro ran out on them, but glad you were there to at least get some shots in the reception. May Tina and Brant have many very happy years together. I think she will love the shot, go for an 8x12 so nothing will get cropped out. Next stop for you, an SB-700 or SB-910/900 Today is my 34th, and it's hitting pretty hard.

montym wrote:
Well, for those of you who are not comfortable taking pictures of people, I found the perfect starting place. A wedding.

Last night my POD (Personal Occupancy Designstation) partner,Tina, got married. The hired photographer ditched out after the ceremony. I was wandering around the dinner and reception with my camera. I kinda looked like a pro. D600, grip and an 85mm f/1.4. People were coming up to me asking me to take their picture "Will you take our picture?" , "Will you take my picture with me grandma?" I just walked around and took everyones picture. No one crabbed at
...Show more

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:08 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2415 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'll second that. The sunset shot that looks like the sky was on fire, was shot while I was at the cemetery that night.

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2012/11/lauras-fifth-and-last-post.html

leighton w wrote:
I like it David, cemeteries can be great place for photo ops.

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

philipj
• • •
p.2415 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tony/Chin/Georg - Margot in her brown bear suit gets renamed "Margrizzly"

Alan - Newfoundland is not so cold (well, it is compared to Texas), but it's so damn *windy* that you feel cold all the time. A difficult place to enjoy the outdoors in the winter.

Ben - Thanks! The light that evening worked really well for the scene. I have a few other angles, but that one works the best.

Philippe - you may not want to pay the 1900euro for the 24 PCE, but if you have to give that lens back, I might start a fund to buy you one all the same. Just wonderful photos from it, tilting in particular suits your style of photography.

Mark - The 28mm f/2.8 is indeed a stellar performer. The siren call of the f/2 never goes away though, I'm still on the lookout for a late copy (SN > 613*) of that lens to do another comparison between lenses with the same coatings.

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:34 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2415 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
A shot taken some minutes ago - practicing with the 28/3.5PC:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8211/8325052867_c85bb1d840_o.jpg
Heimat XLVI von georgsfoto auf Flickr
detail of the local fieldstone-church, taken with a D700 and PC-Nikkor 28/3.5 at f/11

Georg, you KNOW I'd love this. I'd really like to see the color version.

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:41 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2415 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:

Last night my POD (Personal Occupancy Designstation) partner,Tina, got married. The hired photographer ditched out after the ceremony. I was wandering around the dinner and reception with my camera. I kinda looked like a pro. D600, grip and an 85mm f/1.4. People were coming up to me asking me to take their picture "Will you take our picture?" , "Will you take my picture with me grandma?" I just walked around and took everyones picture. No one crabbed at
...Show more

Monty, this is excellent! This will make an outstanding print. I'm glad you used 2.8, anything smaller and you would have had troubles. The B&W is also ideal for this shot, they'll love it! Well done.

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:45 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2415 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
John, the fisheye-selfie with green-filter should make a really nice B&W. Sometimes accidents can lead to fantastic pictorial results;-)

jhinkey wrote:
Here you go Georg!

montym wrote:
Love it!
(that is one of the reasons I like b/w. I have soooo much trouble with white ballance)

leighton w wrote:

montym wrote:
No clouds on Mars. Maybe NASA forgot to clone them out....

, I thought about that after I posted.

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:46 PM
philipj
• • •
p.2415 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A few more w/ the 28mm f/2.8 AI-s around downtown St. John's.

We have very few "skyscrapers" in St. John's (pop. ~150k, and the capital city of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador). Here are two of them:

Fortis by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Scotiabank by philipjohnson, on Flickr

My father used to own a health food store and cafe on Duckworth St, and these steps are next door to it. They lead up to the LSPU Hall, named for the Longshoremen's Protective Union, though it has been for the entirety of my lifetime a centre for the arts in the city.

LSPU steps by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:46 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2415 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hang in there Laura, we're thinking of you.

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:47 PM
philipj
• • •
p.2415 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Monty, this is excellent! This will make an outstanding print. I'm glad you used 2.8, anything smaller and you would have had troubles. The B&W is also ideal for this shot, they'll love it! Well done.

+1, Tina and her husband will be delighted with this!

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:48 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2415 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

philipj wrote:
A few more w/ the 28mm f/2.8 AI-s around downtown St. John's.

My father used to own a health food store and cafe on Duckworth St, and these steps are next door to it. They lead up to the LSPU Hall, named for the Longshoremen's Protective Union, though it has been for the entirety of my lifetime a centre for the arts in the city.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8217/8325252883_3aee0a06e5_b.jpg
LSPU steps by philipjohnson, on Flickr

I like this Philip. We've had a number of unusual compositions on the thread lately, and I've loved all of them!

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:54 PM
Ian Boys
• • •
p.2415 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nikon D50 / 20mm AI-S (=30mm)

Helen marching cheerfully uphill near Oldham. Didn't make it all the way as the wind picked up but she did OK till she started turning blue in the cold and had to turn around.

Dovestones by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:58 PM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.2415 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Nice Ronny ^

The Place de la Carrière, Nancy :

Philippe, I had never liked shift tilts for general photography as most people were using them to create ugly fake miniatures, in contrast you create truly beautiful images, this path through the trees is inspiring.

Reagan, love the kisimee Coupe de Ville.

Chin, pensive, feminine repose.

Leighton, your composition skills are impressive, a simple window shot of Icicles becomes yuxtaposition of trees and mountains with the right amount of defocus. The moonshot is quite moody as well.

David, moving 50 1.2 mourning angel.

Georg, perfect composition and perspective on your church door , I have the lens too.

Philip, the LSU stairs have a very appealing look.

Ian, unique and interesting look on the child photo. rain.

Dec 30, 2012 at 04:51 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password