Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2412      
2413
       2414              5889       5890       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
mp356
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #1 · p.2413 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Very nice Reagan. We will send some snow your way.








Feb 08, 2013 at 02:05 AM
mp356
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #2 · p.2413 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ronny _Olsson wrote:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8524/8454457010_a94c05551e_b.jpg
Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8107/8453148923_9479deb82e_b.jpg
Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



I like the saturated colors in these. Nicely done.
Scott



Feb 08, 2013 at 02:06 AM
mp356
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #3 · p.2413 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Looking for some feedback here. A possible entry for the current WA. The topic is "Reflection". Image is taken with the 28-50 at f8 looking at the reflection in a glass window at a construction site. I like the reflection, the welder at work, the composition, but the fact that it is a reflection seems somewhat lost. What do you think?
Thanks
Scott







Feb 08, 2013 at 03:13 AM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #4 · p.2413 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


mp356 wrote:
Looking for some feedback here. A possible entry for the current WA. The topic is "Reflection". Image is taken with the 28-50 at f8 looking at the reflection in a glass window at a construction site. I like the reflection, the welder at work, the composition, but the fact that it is a reflection seems somewhat lost. What do you think?
Thanks
Scott


Until you told me it was taken in a mirror, I had no idea. Cool shot none the less.



Feb 08, 2013 at 03:31 AM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.2413 #5 · p.2413 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass



666 Americo.Rodriguez 2013-7 by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr



Feb 08, 2013 at 06:06 AM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.2413 #6 · p.2413 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


can someone help me price my nikkor 85mm 1.4 ais? thank you!
Auction is for as used Nikon 85mm f/1.4 NIKKOR AI-s lens. The lens is in working condition, and is very sharp, however it has a an issue, the lens is a bit rough when focusing, although it will focus no problem, but it is rough at some turns, and it seems to rub a bit. I don't know how much of an issue this can be for others, but for me, it isn't detracting me from anything I shot, nor has it been any disadvantage in any way that I can tell. You on the other hand may feel otherwise, so I will tell it know, nad show my work examples, to help you decide. I love this lens to death.



Feb 08, 2013 at 07:36 AM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #7 · p.2413 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


pburke wrote:
I'm waiting for my Chinese Yongnuo remote flash triggers to play with the camera indoors.

got an MF lens question:

20mm f3.5 vs. 20mm f2.8: I read on the Bjørn Rørslett site that he feels my f3.5 version is not very good at infinity. Anyone else can confirm that? I need a good ultra-wide, yet packable lens for landscapes. If there's a distinct difference, I would sell the f3.5 and find me a 2.8.

Peter


Peter, I'd be very interested in what you think about the Yongnuo flash triggers. Give us a little run down once you've had the chance to use them a bit, thanks!

Sorry, I can't help you with the 20mm question.



Feb 08, 2013 at 11:02 AM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #8 · p.2413 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Reagan wrote:
Well since no one else is here today
I will post a couple more with the 25-50

Reagan







I like this one a lot! Isn't this camera fun?



Feb 08, 2013 at 11:03 AM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #9 · p.2413 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


mp356 wrote:
Looking for some feedback here. A possible entry for the current WA. The topic is "Reflection". Image is taken with the 28-50 at f8 looking at the reflection in a glass window at a construction site. I like the reflection, the welder at work, the composition, but the fact that it is a reflection seems somewhat lost. What do you think?
Thanks
Scott


Scott, I'm going to have to agree with you. Not being able to tell it's a reflection makes it a snapshot. Go back and try again to see if you can get it to reflect some stray light or something that leaves no doubt that it is indeed a reflection.



Feb 08, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Ronny Olsson
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2413 #10 · p.2413 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks Reagan and Scott

Nice shot again Reagan
Like the shot Scott



Feb 08, 2013 at 12:44 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



pburke
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2413 #11 · p.2413 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
Peter, I'd be very interested in what you think about the Yongnuo flash triggers. Give us a little run down once you've had the chance to use them a bit, thanks!


Leighton,

I'll do that once they get here (from Hong Kong) - in the meantime, below the review that convinced me that these were not just the usual chinese knockoff junk and well worth the (low) price

http://youtu.be/s5shvFGUf3g

They won't do remote TTL, but that's alright - none of my flashes are that sophisticated.

Talking about Chinese knockoffs - I just received a D600 battery grip sold as "Zeikos" on ebay, and it wasn't even a Zeikos, but labeled "xti." Now they make knockoffs of knockoffs. Seems to work, but the rubberized material was peeling back minutes after I took it out of the packaging, probably due to the fast temperature change after sitting in the cold all day, but still - what the? The rubber sticks again, and it works fine, dials go in the same direction as those on the camera body, and its battery is fully recognized by the camera - about all I expected for $55. Nice and light, so it can go hiking with me (where I need the AA batteriy capability, away from chargers for 3 weeks). Nikon's grip is just too well made to compete on weight.

Peter








Feb 08, 2013 at 01:57 PM
Reagan
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #12 · p.2413 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Took the 105 and the 25-50 this morning different location just after sunrise

Reagan

















Feb 08, 2013 at 02:07 PM
raboof
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2413 #13 · p.2413 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Reagan - I cannot even get a shot like that with a 300mm. How much did you have to crop? I might have to rethink about the d600


Feb 08, 2013 at 02:18 PM
Reagan
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #14 · p.2413 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


That is what I like about the D600
I only cropped a little of the ocean off the top and some off the bottom to even things out
I keep thinking about Scott's 300 and what king of images I might get with it
I am really starting to love this camera

Reagan



Feb 08, 2013 at 02:24 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #15 · p.2413 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


pburke wrote:
I'm waiting for my Chinese Yongnuo remote flash triggers to play with the camera indoors.


Peter

leighton w wrote:
Peter, I'd be very interested in what you think about the Yongnuo flash triggers. Give us a little run down once you've had the chance to use them a bit, thanks!

pburke wrote:
Leighton,

I'll do that once they get here (from Hong Kong) - in the meantime, below the review that convinced me that these were not just the usual chinese knockoff junk and well worth the (low) price

http://youtu.be/s5shvFGUf3g

They won't do remote TTL, but that's alright - none of my flashes are that sophisticated.

Talking about Chinese knockoffs - I just received a D600 battery grip sold as "Zeikos" on ebay, and it wasn't even a Zeikos, but labeled "xti." Now they make knockoffs of knockoffs. Seems to work, but the rubberized material was peeling back minutes after I took it out of the
...Show more

Thanks for the link. Seems like a good way to get into off camera flash. I seldom use TTL anyway.



Feb 08, 2013 at 02:49 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #16 · p.2413 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Reagan wrote:
That is what I like about the D600
I only cropped a little of the ocean off the top and some off the bottom to even things out
I keep thinking about Scott's 300 and what king of images I might get with it
I am really starting to love this camera

Reagan


Nice ones Reagan. That's one of the things that sold me on this camera, the ability to crop without loosing IQ.

What's LEER stand for? Let me guess.... Lee Elvis Elwood Reagan!



Feb 08, 2013 at 02:51 PM
Reagan
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #17 · p.2413 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


My First name is Lee middle name is Reagan and I have always gone by that
I started getting Credit Card applications for the first name "Leer" so I started using it for some things
I wanted to name the dog 'Leer" but the wife wouldn't let me
So I started using it for a copywright in the camera in 2011

I hope this didn't bore anyone too much

Reagan



Feb 08, 2013 at 03:00 PM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #18 · p.2413 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Jose, thanks for commenting.I like your slide copying set up

Reagan - the lens and camera combo are made for each other - like the flip flops! The bird shots, esp the second egret are tops.

Peter B - be a little wary of cheap batteries. There are quite a few horror stories on the net that frightened me away from teh real cheapies.



Feb 08, 2013 at 03:13 PM
leighton w
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2413 #19 · p.2413 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Reagan wrote:
My First name is Lee middle name is Reagan and I have always gone by that
I started getting Credit Card applications for the first name "Leer" so I started using it for some things
I wanted to name the dog 'Leer" but the wife wouldn't let me
So I started using it for a copywright in the camera in 2011

I hope this didn't bore anyone too much

Reagan

Would'a made a great dog name!



Feb 08, 2013 at 03:26 PM
saph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2413 #20 · p.2413 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ray (FL), the result of your Frankenstein project looks very impressive. Did you get a chance to get any sample shots from the hybrid lens?

I finally got the chance to revisit the Nikki blog pics and see all of Ray, Tony, Leighton and John's latest images a couple days ago. Cool compilation and hope it gets some more coverage.

Matt, good to hear from you, and very nice to hear physical therapy has been enough.

Now where's that Monty. Still lost in AF land?

Alan, congrats on the new forthcoming addition to the family!

Americo, very nice diverse set of shots from SF. And you seem to have followed Reagan's lead in jumping in and out of camera equipment

Ronny, your gull shots have been cool, and also your shots of the cold scenery! Also good was that shot of the path leading down to a house.

Curtis, nice example from the 135 f2. I am not getting it, I am not getting it, I am not gettin..

Peter, the Paddle Cruiser and its reflection are very pleasant to look at.

Jose, thanks for the peek at your slide dupe setup. I maybe working on some old photos this weekend.

Rafael, your scenery from California is always neat. Cool new acquisition of the 5cm 1.4S. That really can be AI'd?

Ray (OH), very nice scenery of the dawn sky, moon and snow.

Ron, cool that you are taking walks in this weather. Bambi or no Bambi I am not stepping out

Reagan, super beach scenics and I am very jealous of that egret, it can fly free from here to FL and doesn't have to take leave from work



Feb 08, 2013 at 03:49 PM
1       2       3              2412      
2413
       2414              5889       5890       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2412      
2413
       2414              5889       5890       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password