Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2355      
       2357              4047       4048       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2356 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kry27 wrote:
Gear - 1/10 s @ 1:1.2, ISO 200 (-0.7 EV) - full FX frame, MF 50mm 1:1,2 on Nikon D3

I got to correct myself: I own three MF lenses. Always forget about Mr. Fish... AIs 16mm 1:3.5 fish eye

Roland

Nice one Roland, looks like we have another B&W expert joining Monty, Georg, Ian and the many other masters of this art.
Hope to see some with the Fish-eye. There was a bit of a period where it was 'the' lens to post with (until the 85mm craze) and would be good to see some more from it.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2356 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Peter, I agree with Monty, fantastic work!

Peter, I agree with Jose in agreeing with Monty, just lovely.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2356 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Monty - I like your shot of the "PowerTap". I thought you were giving up riding after your last brush with death.

Scott said "Leighton, are you responsible for all the additional activity the last 24 hours?"
I may be, and then again, I may not be.

Ray - I love your "boring" shot. The composition and conversion are spot on!

Rafael - I'll take your's and everybody elses recommendation under consideration. I love the images of Casa del Prado Balboa Park, beautiful lighting.

Ben - That limo LOOKS like something we Americans would build.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2356 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Bridge from other side
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/33/748933.jpg
Reagan

This one deserves another look, simply beautiful. It's really all in the light.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2356 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
If you want even faster, put an i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz in a PC and overclock it to 5.0GHz and also add at least 16 gigs of RAM and put LR on a SSD. Now you're talking speed!

huddy wrote:
Is that what Ivy Bridge is capable of Leighton? I haven't overclocked in a couple of years. My last OC was pushing a Q6600 up to 3.94GHz on air while running dual GPU's. The machine also had 6 HDD's, and water cooling with dual radiators... I think it pulled around 850W at the wall... I ended up eventually dumping it for a lower power quad, SSD, single HDD, single low wattage GPU, and air cooling. I now hit full load at around 180W, but rarely pull more than 120.

Yes, the Ivy Bridge is capable of that. You definitely need a cooler that can handle it. I overclocked mine to 4.3GHz after adding the CoolerMaster air cooler. And ASUS has made it really easy with their MB's. You can do it with a click of the mouse.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2356 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Alan, that's an excellent series!
Beautiful work with the christmas-lights-background and I've never seen a dance around a lens-cap

Peter, very nice detail-shots of the christmas-tree-decorations!
I'm wondering if the italian motive is showing a giant Cod (Gadus morhua) or another, bigger species?
Musing of a silly coaster ;-)

Roland, very cool portrait of your D3!

Ben, it doesn't matter if you're shooting with the 50/1.8 or the 35/2 OC or another lens - I like your summerly street-scenes from down under a lot! The reflection is my fav from this mini-series.
Regarding the 28PC: I've shot basically all images of tall buildings, ships at close range and so on as a vertical with a superwide before.
Cropping the lower half of an image away (or searching for something to "fill the foreground") is not really my cup of tea - that's why I wanted to try the 28PC.
The 24 PC-E is tempting for sure, but that's a really large and expensive lens (the 28PC is modest sized).

Ian, I like the mysterious portraits of Georgina a lot (the complete set, especially the images with the cards).

Jorge, beautiful shot taken with the superfast 85!

Reagan, I really like your choice of framing of the bridge-image. The mooring posts fill the foreground in a very nice fashion.

Monty, I love the detail from Webex! Beautiful B&W!

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2356 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Last evening's light was really nice. I can't remember when we've had so many nice sky's in a week. there's a place down the road I went to about 5 years ago just to shoot the sunset, I'm planning to go back soon.

This one is kinda of meh, but I liked the light on the barn along with the sky. This was with the 50mm f1.2 AI-s.

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/8.0    1/50s    1100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2356 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the comments on the "Georg Buechner"!
This ship will get towed to Lithuania in a few weeks - and will get scrapped there.
It's a former Belgian freight- and passenger-ship and was used here for many years as swimming hotel and training center.
I like the lines of older vessels and will miss it's sight.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2356 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

Ben - That limo LOOKS like something we Americans would build.

I thought the stretched Hummer was built for Jose - so that he could finally carry his 800/5.6 with TC and lens-hood on. The builder made just two mistakes - he painted the poor car not in camo and delivered it to the wrong southern country ;-)

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:03 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2356 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, spectacular colors on the sunset-shot!
Btw, did you paint your barn with Swedish paint (it looks like the famous "falun-red")?

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • •
p.2356 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
I thought the stretched Hummer was built for Jose - so that he could finally carry his 800/5.6 with TC and lens-hood on. The builder made just two mistakes - he painted the poor car not in camo and delivered it to the wrong southern country ;-)

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2356 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Leighton, spectacular colors on the sunset-shot!
Btw, did you paint your barn with Swedish paint (it looks like the famous "falun-red")?

Thanks friend! No, the metal siding on the barn came that color. I hope to never have to paint it!

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2356 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Monty - I like your shot of the "PowerTap". I thought you were giving up riding after your last brush with death.
L

True. But I have been cycling all my life. I have found that I cannot give it up. Unfortunately, I sold my fancy bike. I now have a 20# tank. I plan on using that bike for the summer. If at the end of summer I am still riding, I'll get another nice bike with nice components. A sub 15# bike.... Unless I spend all of my money on camera stuff

Dec 13, 2012 at 01:08 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2356 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Love this shot with the lights Alan. Sorry to hear about your families loss, but as you say life does move on and there is a new generation ready to grasp every opportunity (usually for mischief).

Mine is currently on my lap trying to slot my CF cards into an SD card reader, the silly sausage. I have shown him your pictures with strict instructions to up his cuteness factor to match.

Kind regards,
Mark

Alan, these are a beautiful pictures! Nice work!

Dec 13, 2012 at 01:10 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2356 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
I assume this limo is an American invention - it certainly turned heads down under.

lunch time snaps with the 50mm f1.8

ben

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8364/8268439437_79b7972bb8_b.jpg
nikon 50mm f1.8 ais by benmorgan28, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8346/8268438847_35bc7c989e_b.jpg
nikon 50mm f1.8 ais by benmorgan28, on Flickr

Love 'em!!!!
What a contrast in the first picture. One of the most inefficient modes of transportation next to the most efficient one!

...and who wouldn't love lime green rims!

Dec 13, 2012 at 01:13 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.2356 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nice legs though

Reagan

Dec 13, 2012 at 01:34 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2356 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Nice legs though

Reagan

There is something wrong with me. I was looking at the bikes and didn't even see the legs until you pointed them out.

Dec 13, 2012 at 01:45 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2356 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Peter, I agree with Jose in agreeing with Monty, just lovely.

Much appreciated from all of you!

Dec 13, 2012 at 01:45 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2356 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Peter, very nice detail-shots of the christmas-tree-decorations!
I'm wondering if the italian motive is showing a giant Cod (Gadus morhua) or another, bigger species?
Musing of a silly coaster ;-)

Georg, remember they're Italian (so is Ingrid - half) so I guess it's probably a giant anchovy!

Dec 13, 2012 at 01:47 PM
Kry27
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2356 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Nice one Roland, looks like we have another B&W expert joining Monty, Georg, Ian and the many other masters of this art.
Hope to see some with the Fish-eye. There was a bit of a period where it was 'the' lens to post with (until the 85mm craze) and would be good to see some more from it.

Ok, I'll have a look and post some fish-eye pictures.

But hey, I would never consider myself good at B&W. It's just Nikon's standard B&W profile, nothing special, not good/sophisticated work by me. I still got to learn that.

Dec 13, 2012 at 01:57 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password