Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2219      
       2221              4370       4371       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2220 #1 · p.2220 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/27/738027.jpg

Very Cool!
I love all of the trapezoids and the symetrics

+1

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2220 #2 · p.2220 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
At the pizza joint tonight. Three kids at a nearby table

I REALLY like this one! It's such an iconic image.

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM
montym
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2220 #3 · p.2220 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

WOW, I've been called a lot of things, but never arrogant.

Claus, I'm sorry you had to be exposed to such silliness. Please, make your own decision when judging us. My experience shows that this thread contains a friendly and very helpful group of people! I'm sure you will find the same

Monty

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2220 #4 · p.2220 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Gosh, that's really a nice picture of you Curtis

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2220 #5 · p.2220 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Agree with Monty. Have been viewing this thread since early this year and this person's was literally the first unfriendly post I ran into.

montym wrote:
WOW, I've been called a lot of things, but never arrogant.

Claus, I'm sorry you had to be exposed to such silliness. Please, make your own decision when judging us. My experience shows that this thread contains a friendly and very helpful group of people! I'm sure you will find the same

Monty

Nov 16, 2012 at 01:43 PM
deang001
• • •
p.2220 #6 · p.2220 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Georg, Monty and Scott. Here's a vertical of the same scene.

Amazing shot, Leighton. I prefer the portrait version. Nicely done.

Nov 16, 2012 at 02:38 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.2220 #7 · p.2220 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I hope everything's gonna be fine, Matt

That's a gorgeous shot Georg, I'd have thought it was deliberate

Mmm love that one pbraymond. Echoing what Monty said - trapezoids and symmetries. Lines are remarkably straight, distortion control applied?

Nov 16, 2012 at 03:06 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2220 #8 · p.2220 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Curtis, thinking about your picture from San Rafael I just had to crawl really deep into my archive.
Here's a vacation-snap, taken with the Ais 135/2 on my old Nikon D1.
This 2.7-megapixel-wonder wasn't exactly built for MF-Nikkor-users and in this case I've managed to overexpose the scene by a healthy amount.
But family and friends liked this picture for it's artistic look :-)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8210/8189639644_90b7bac5e6_o.jpg
Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
overexposed ěresund bridge, taken shortly after it's inauguration 2000, Nikon D1, Ais 135/2

Wonderful image Georg!
Scott

Nov 16, 2012 at 03:58 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2220 #9 · p.2220 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'd say that over the two plus years this thread has been in existence there have been perhaps two or three folks who were bent out of shape when I played police man regarding the decision to limit this thread to Nikon glass on Nikon cameras. We even had a discussion about the subject on the thread at one time since the title of the thread had led to occasional confusion. The consensus was that keeping the thread for Nikon cameras only would avoid potential conflict. It was at that time that I amended the first post in the thread to make clear our intention. That hasn't stopped folks from showing up from time to time with Zeiss lenses and Canon cameras, as well as this person who shoots with a Fuji camera. I generally contact folks via PM and explain matters. Apart from the two or three who felt our rule demeaned them personally, most have been understanding. A few have removed images, though I've never asked for that.

I'd say with over a million and a half views and over forty-four thousand posts, that we've been pretty successful in maintaining a respectful and friendly atmosphere despite "rattymouse's" comments. I agree with comments by others above, that the best way to judge this thread is through participation over time. I'm very happy to be here and my 50 f/1.2 AI-s remains a stellar lens in my kit.

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:02 PM
deang001
• • •
p.2220 #10 · p.2220 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Weekend is here ... more Siem Reap processing Editing images is nearly as fun as being there again (well, maybe not ... but it's fun)

These were taken at the entrance of Angkor Thom which houses the unbelievable Bayon Temple. Angkor Thom was the capital of the Khmer Empire and it's massive measuring around 10sq km.

The first image is of my wife Jackie and our amazing guide Kao Samreth (Sam). We actually based our travel dates around Sam's availability. Not only is he an amazing guide, with great guides working for him, but I'd read an interview he gave with the BBC on life under the Khmer Rouge and was keen to meet and talk to him. His recollections are extremely sad but he is one of the most upbeat people I have ever met. This seems to be indicative of the Cambodian people as a whole from what I have seen.

Both taken with the 180/2.8 Ai-S

DSC_2443.Jackie.Sam.Crop.180mm by deang0001, on Flickr

DSC_2444.180mm by deang0001, on Flickr

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Foggy14
• • •
p.2220 #11 · p.2220 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Philippe, Scott, Curtis, Gustavo, Samy and Georg, thanks for the comments on the reflecting pool shot.

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:16 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2220 #12 · p.2220 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I'd say that over the two plus years this thread has been in existence there have been perhaps two or three folks who were bent out of shape when I played police man regarding the decision to limit this thread to Nikon glass on Nikon cameras. We even had a discussion about the subject on the thread at one time since the title of the thread had led to occasional confusion. The consensus was that keeping the thread for Nikon cameras only would avoid potential conflict. It was at that time that I amended the first post in the thread
...Show more

If ONLY i were that eloquent! Nicely said Curtis.

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:18 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2220 #13 · p.2220 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

deang001 wrote:
Weekend is here ... more Siem Reap processing Editing images is nearly as fun as being there again (well, maybe not ... but it's fun)

These were taken at the entrance of Angkor Thom which houses the unbelievable Bayon Temple. Angkor Thom was the capital of the Khmer Empire and it's massive measuring around 10sq km.

The first image is of my wife Jackie and our amazing guide Kao Samreth (Sam). We actually based our travel dates around Sam's availability. Not only is he an amazing guide, with great guides working for him, but I'd read an interview he gave with
...Show more
Very nice shot of your wife, but the second one does it for me! What's not to like when using the 180.

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:20 PM
philipj
• • •
p.2220 #14 · p.2220 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

For fun, I just went back and read the thread throughout the debate following rattymouse's initial posting of images. I obviously can't say anything about what was said in PM, but at least on the public forum there was certainly never any hounding or arrogance, with some people commented on the images themselves in a positive way (Laura), and others arguing back and forth whether the thread should broaden it's horizon. I, for the record, supported any camera with a native F-mount, but the consensus was to keep the status quo, which was fair given how well the thread was moving at the time, and still is.

I'm sorry you feel that you were hassled away from the thread, rattymouse, but your revisionist version of history does no one here justice.

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:27 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2220 #15 · p.2220 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Wow - Is that Curtis' 16/3.5? If it is boy if that lens could talk! It's probably had a very active life!

Nice portrait of Curtis!

John

Thank you John. The 16mm 3.5 is one that I purchased off Flea-bay, but I agree with you. It would be nice to be able to track the lenses that we own to see who has used them and what kind of photos they have taken!

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:32 PM
Paul Gabel
• •
p.2220 #16 · p.2220 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Curtis, thinking about your picture from San Rafael I just had to crawl really deep into my archive.
This 2.7-megapixel-wonder wasn't exactly built for MF-Nikkor-users and in this case I've managed to overexpose the scene by a healthy amount.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8210/8189639644_90b7bac5e6_o.jpg
Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
overexposed ěresund bridge, taken shortly after it's inauguration 2000, Nikon D1, Ais 135/2

Georg, I like how the bridges fades into the fog, and how the boat remains its contrast. Nice play of lines as well.

Paul

Nov 16, 2012 at 05:48 PM
stedge
• • •
p.2220 #17 · p.2220 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Paul Gabel wrote:
Georg, I like how the bridges fades into the fog, and how the boat remains its contrast. Nice play of lines as well.

It has a great feel to it.

Paul

Nov 16, 2012 at 05:56 PM
pbraymond
• • •
p.2220 #18 · p.2220 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
I hope everything's gonna be fine, Matt

That's a gorgeous shot Georg, I'd have thought it was deliberate

Mmm love that one pbraymond. Echoing what Monty said - trapezoids and symmetries. Lines are remarkably straight, distortion control applied?

No distortion control, just a crop, b&w conversion and some adjusting of levels.

Nov 16, 2012 at 06:00 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2220 #19 · p.2220 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:

I like the "artistic look" too, Georg. Nice and very inspiring!

Nov 16, 2012 at 06:11 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2220 #20 · p.2220 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

deang001 wrote:

The first image is of my wife Jackie and our amazing guide Kao Samreth (Sam). We actually based our travel dates around Sam's availability. Not only is he an amazing guide, with great guides working for him, but I'd read an interview he gave with
...Show more

Impressive statue, Dean!

Nov 16, 2012 at 06:13 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password