Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2218      
       2220              4264       4265       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2219 #1 · p.2219 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
I am trying to go back to the start of the pages for today to look at the pictures again that I saw quickly at breaks during work but can't find the start. There's too many pages added today!!!

Samy

This is what happens when both Leighton and I are here at the same time... Chatter, chatter, chatter...

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2219 #2 · p.2219 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Just for you to know Claus, you don't have to purchase an Upload and Sell subscription to post photos on this thread. Although I have that subscription, I did so to support the site rather than to have FM host my photos. Since I share photos with friends and family as well as with participants of this thread, I have my images on Picasa, a Google website that is free for the first 1 GB of photos. If you have photos hosted online you can easily link to them within your post. All you have to do is copy the
...Show more

Beautiful picture Curtis! Love the earth tones

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2219 #3 · p.2219 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pbraymond wrote:
One from this frosty morning... D700 with 28mm f2.8 AIS

Very Cool!
I love all of the trapezoids and the symetrics

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2219 #4 · p.2219 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Very Cool!

I agree very interesting!

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2219 #5 · p.2219 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

At the pizza joint tonight. Three kids at a nearby table

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    85mm    f/2.8    1/50s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 16, 2012 at 01:00 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2219 #6 · p.2219 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The entire time we were in the pizza joint this guy are playing the poker video game. I took this from the sidewalk outside....

I'm not sure he was happy with me

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    85mm    f/2.8    1/60s    5600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 16, 2012 at 01:07 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2219 #7 · p.2219 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:

Priceless shot Monty You should send a copy to them!

Nov 16, 2012 at 01:08 AM
James Markus
• • • •
p.2219 #8 · p.2219 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

One of the Best D1 images ever...tried grayscale?

georgms wrote:
Curtis, thinking about your picture from San Rafael I just had to crawl really deep into my archive.
Here's a vacation-snap, taken with the Ais 135/2 on my old Nikon D1.
This 2.7-megapixel-wonder wasn't exactly built for MF-Nikkor-users and in this case I've managed to overexpose the scene by a healthy amount.
But family and friends liked this picture for it's artistic look :-)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8210/8189639644_90b7bac5e6_o.jpg
Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
overexposed ěresund bridge, taken shortly after it's inauguration 2000, Nikon D1, Ais 135/2

Nov 16, 2012 at 01:09 AM
pbraymond
• • •
p.2219 #9 · p.2219 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Very Cool!

Thanks Monty. I can't always put my finger on why a picture appeals to me, thanks for helping put words to that. Appreciate the comments from Georg and Ray as well.

Nov 16, 2012 at 01:46 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2219 #10 · p.2219 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pbraymond wrote:
Thanks Monty. I can't always put my finger on why a picture appeals to me, thanks for helping put words to that. Appreciate the comments from Georg and Ray as well.

One of my daughters majors is in art/photography. She is always quizzing me, "Why do you like that picture? What do you like about it?"

It is surprisingly hard for me to come up with the answers to her questions I just like it is not an acceptable answer

Nov 16, 2012 at 01:54 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2219 #11 · p.2219 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

Leighton your sunset photos are the bomb!
Georg I have to agree with your family. It is very artistic. Love it!
Here are a couple shots with the 35mm 1.4 The first is using Curtis's lens, taken during his visit and the second is taken with my new one. I used my favorite lens as my subject
I used two of his lenses during his visit and fell in love with both of them. That began my pursuit to obtain them both! NMLAS at it's best.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k99/mdoc9523/DSC_4163-1.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k99/mdoc9523/DSC_5134-1.jpg

Wow - Is that Curtis' 16/3.5? If it is boy if that lens could talk! It's probably had a very active life!

Nice portrait of Curtis!

John

Nov 16, 2012 at 02:58 AM
huddy
• • •
p.2219 #12 · p.2219 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Claus, welcome to the thread! I look forward to seeing your work soon.

Monty, you certainly see well with an 85. It is little wonder that Nikki or the 85/1.4 rarely leaves your camera.

Leighton, that sunset is a lovely sight for us stuck here in the gray area.

Curtis, lovely fall colors.

Ray, I like the composition on the roof and window.

Georg, excellent shot of the bridge.

I am afraid I too am about to enter the Leica wormhole. I currently have sourced an M6 TTL for a steal and am hoping that works out as I have missed out on great deals on a Canadian-made M4-P and a nice Zeiss Biogon 35/2.8... I certainly have no aspiration to own as many M-Mount lenses as I do Nikkors... They can be pricey. I can't see using anything more than a 28, 35, 50, or maybe the excellent voigtlander 15 4.5.

Nov 16, 2012 at 03:59 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2219 #13 · p.2219 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
I've said it before, National Geographic material! A center spread, tri-fold!

I'm a little late replying to your comment, but thanks Monty!!

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:48 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.2219 #14 · p.2219 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Wonderful Claus. A few participants have comments on how friendly this thread is and I agree. We're really here to celebrate these lenses and to encourage one another both in kit building and in exploring manual focus photography. There are some very talented photographers here who not only inspire us, but who share their experience. There is nothing not to like in this conversation and I've been participating for two years and three months... remarkable! Now you can participate as well.

Friendly for some maybe. I was hounded out of this thread all because my Nikon D200 (labeled Fuji S5 Pro but built by Nikon) dared to have a Fuji sensor in it instead of a SONY one. How's that for friendly? I bought my Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS and it was because of lurking in this thread. Then I come and show my work and get immediately hassled because I DARED to use a D200 that didnt have a thread approved SONY sensor in it.

Yeah, that's friendly. Guess what, that Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 was my first and last manual focus lens purchase, all because of the warm "friendliness" showed here. I lost my appreciation for these lenses real fast.

I guess it was all my fault though. I should have known that posting images from a Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS lens was OFF LIMITS in a thread titled MANUAL FOCUS NIKON GLASS.

I've never seen such amazing arrogance over what sensor someone chooses to shoot with.

Never mind though, continue to believe you're "friendly".

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:26 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2219 #15 · p.2219 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
For crying out loud Monty it's electrickle get a spell chek will ya

It's only elec tickle when you put your fingers in the sockets

Edited on Nov 16, 2012 at 08:15 AM · View previous versions

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:37 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2219 #16 · p.2219 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
The sunset this evening as seen by the 180mm f2.8 and the D600.

Shepherd's delight - and ours.

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:38 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2219 #17 · p.2219 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
We're glad to have you Claus!

Really glad Claus - especially with Christmas approaching and so many MF lenses on our wish lists

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:41 AM
rolubich
• •
p.2219 #18 · p.2219 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:

MDoc9523 wrote:
Priceless shot Monty You should send a copy to them!

+1

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:49 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2219 #19 · p.2219 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rattymouse wrote:
Friendly for some maybe. I was hounded out of this thread all because my Nikon D200 (labeled Fuji S5 Pro but built by Nikon) dared to have a Fuji sensor in it instead of a SONY one. How's that for friendly? I bought my Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS and it was because of lurking in this thread. Then I come and show my work and get immediately hassled because I DARED to use a D200 that didnt have a thread approved SONY sensor in it.

Yeah, that's friendly. Guess what, that Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 was my first and last manual
...Show more

As a long time participant in this thread I will confirm that it is friendly and its success bears this out.

One of the reasons is that we are polite to each other - if there are issues they can always be sorted out in a PM which would have been appropriate in this case.

Very few people take the trouble to find out about the specs of every available camera on the market and I'm sure that most have no idea that the Fuji S5 pro is a "generic" Nikon D200.

Having said that, I'm sure noone would submit photos taken with a Nikon camera and a Voigtlander lens to MY BEST NIKON SHOTS.

Nov 16, 2012 at 08:13 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2219 #20 · p.2219 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

clouseau wrote:
So nice , i hope to find one myself someday

CGrindahl wrote:
You arrived during my recent sabbatical and I wanted to extend another welcome to you. I note that you've listed your gear in your profile which is a good thing for all of us gear junkies, but I'd ask that you add your first name as well. We're on a first name basis on this thread and it is nice to use something other than a participant's username. I'm delighted we have another person from Europe joining our conversation. I met quite a few wonderful Danish photographers during my time sharing photos on TrekEarth. We can use all the Danes
...Show more
clouseau wrote:
Thank you !
Its a very inspirering thread , and i like it here , so in the future my signature will be Claus !
Mvh Claus

CGrindahl wrote:
Wonderful Claus. A few participants have comments on how friendly this thread is and I agree. We're really here to celebrate these lenses and to encourage one another both in kit building and in exploring manual focus photography. There are some very talented photographers here who not only inspire us, but who share their experience. There is nothing not to like in this conversation and I've been participating for two years and three months... remarkable! Now you can participate as well.

rattymouse wrote:

Yeah, that's friendly. Guess what, that Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 was my first and last manual
...Show more

Whoa! Man to you hold a grudge or what? No sense in getting your panties in a knot. It's pretty simple actually. The "rule" of this thread states Nikon manual focus glass, on NIKON cameras. What part of this don't you understand? Yes you're right, my D600 has a Sony sensor, but that doesn't mean Sony cameras are allowed. Funny how people get mad because they don't want to play by the rules of the game.

Edited on Nov 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM · View previous versions

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password