Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2217      
       2219              4189       4190       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2218 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
The sunset this evening as seen by the 180mm f2.8 and the D600.

Love this one Leighton!

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM
clouseau

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2218 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Wonderful Claus. A few participants have comments on how friendly this thread is and I agree. We're really here to celebrate these lenses and to encourage one another both in kit building and in exploring manual focus photography. There are some very talented photographers here who not only inspire us, but who share their experience. There is nothing not to like in this conversation and I've been participating for two years and three months... remarkable! Now you can participate as well.

This weekend i will buy a upload license an hope to eventuallly become a full member of this thread.
There seems too be freindly people here , who gives you time and space to evolve , and still give an honest opinion .
So this is where ill be .
Mvh Claus

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.2218 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Love this one Leighton!

The landscape master loves it and so do I. Sensational pictures

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2218 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, thinking about your picture from San Rafael I just had to crawl really deep into my archive.
Here's a vacation-snap, taken with the Ais 135/2 on my old Nikon D1.
This 2.7-megapixel-wonder wasn't exactly built for MF-Nikkor-users and in this case I've managed to overexpose the scene by a healthy amount.
But family and friends liked this picture for it's artistic look :-)

Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
overexposed Øresund bridge, taken shortly after it's inauguration 2000, Nikon D1, Ais 135/2

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.2218 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
The sunset this evening as seen by the 180mm f2.8 and the D600.

Super photo! I love the sharp silhouette of the branches. It looks like none of the branches covers another.
Beautiful sunset and beautiful photo.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2218 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you John, Ron and Rinie!

Georg, I think your family and friends were right. I love how the light comes through the sails of the boat.

Edited on Nov 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM · View previous versions

clouseau

p.2218 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love it alot , very beautiful , and its shot in Denmark
Sehr Schønnes bild
Mvh Claus

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2218 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Awesome shot George! What a stunning composition. Wow! Something tells me this was not an accident, as was the case with my photo. This would make a great poster. I'm not surprised your friends were impressed. Really great work, but then we've come to expect that from you Georg.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2218 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton your sunset photos are the bomb!
Georg I have to agree with your family. It is very artistic. Love it!
Here are a couple shots with the 35mm 1.4 The first is using Curtis's lens, taken during his visit and the second is taken with my new one. I used my favorite lens as my subject
I used two of his lenses during his visit and fell in love with both of them. That began my pursuit to obtain them both! NMLAS at it's best.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2218 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:

Leighton your sunset photos are the bomb!
Georg I have to agree with your family. It is very artistic. Love it!
Here are a couple shots with the 35mm 1.4 The first is using Curtis's lens, taken during his visit and the second is taken with my new one. I used my favorite lens as my subject
I used two of his lenses during his visit and fell in love with both of them. That began my pursuit to obtain them both! NMLAS at it's best.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k99/mdoc9523/DSC_4163-1.jpg

Nice Ray, You did a good job making Curtis look so good!

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2218 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

clouseau wrote:
This weekend i will buy a upload license an hope to eventuallly become a full member of this thread.
There seems too be freindly people here , who gives you time and space to evolve , and still give an honest opinion .
So this is where ill be .
Mvh Claus

Just for you to know Claus, you don't have to purchase an Upload and Sell subscription to post photos on this thread. Although I have that subscription, I did so to support the site rather than to have FM host my photos. Since I share photos with friends and family as well as with participants of this thread, I have my images on Picasa, a Google website that is free for the first 1 GB of photos. If you have photos hosted online you can easily link to them within your post. All you have to do is copy the URL for the bare image and paste it in your message on this thread. If you press the "Quote" button on the lower right hand corner of any post in this thread with a photo you can see how it works. Here's a photo I took yesterday with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s or a persimmon tree. You can test out what I'm saying by pressing the quote button.

It can be a little tricky with some hosting services but you'll get guidance from folks here if you have questions. That said, there is nothing wrong with having a membership on FM and keeping photos here. Quite a number of participants to this thread do so. I'm enough of a fan of this website that I want to support it and a subscription permits me to do so. It also allows me to sell gear, though I don't seem to have that capacity... I buy and keep...

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2218 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Nice Ray, You did a good job making Curtis look so good!

I resemble that remark...

Its the least a friend can do Ray... And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy or better photographer. You'll make both of these lenses sing, as you have every other lens you've added to your kit.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM
clouseau

p.2218 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Just for you to know Claus, you don't have to purchase an Upload and Sell subscription to post photos on this thread. Although I have that subscription, I did so to support the site rather than to have FM host my photos. Since I share photos with friends and family as well as with participants of this thread, I have my images on Picasa, a Google website that is free for the first 1 GB of photos. If you have photos hosted online you can easily link to them within your post. All you have to do is copy the
...Show more
Thank you very much .
This was a very nice gesture , but i think i will support the site a little eventhough its hard too use the buy / sell for us
No matter , i seem to have the same problem as you i just buy and never sell , i simply love my nikkors to much
Mvh Claus

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2218 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, I like the persimmon. Did you know that was actuation 44993 for your D700?

I just tried Jorge's new tool out on it. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1166245 Works great!

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2218 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you leighton and Curtis. I do love these lenses

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:03 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2218 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Curtis, I like the persimmon. Did you know that was actuation 44993 for your D700?

I just tried Jorge's new tool out on it. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1166245 Works great!

Funny that the thread is fast catching up with my shutter count... Perhaps when it does I'll have to buy a new camera... I certainly won't close the thread.

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM
saph
• • • •
p.2218 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I am trying to go back to the start of the pages for today to look at the pictures again that I saw quickly at breaks during work but can't find the start. There's too many pages added today!!!

Samy

CGrindahl wrote:
Funny that the thread is fast catching up with my shutter count... Perhaps when it does I'll have to buy a new camera... I certainly won't close the thread.

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM
pbraymond
• • •
p.2218 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

One from this frosty morning... D700 with 28mm f2.8 AIS

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.2218 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, love this one - excellent composition!

Ray, love the "floating" Fisheye-Nikkor and the lovely portrait of Curtis.

Curtis, great job on the tree! Love the creamy bokeh and the muted colors.

Leighton, Claus, Curtis and Ray - thanks!

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM
pbraymond
• • •
p.2218 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
overexposed Øresund bridge, taken shortly after it's inauguration 2000, Nikon D1, Ais 135/2

Accident or not, technology notwithstanding, super photo Georg!

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password