Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2216      
       2218              4304       4305       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2217 #1 · p.2217 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The sunset this evening as seen by the 180mm f2.8 and the D600.

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    180mm    f/5.6    1/250s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:24 PM
georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2217 #2 · p.2217 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, wow, now that's an evening sky!

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:27 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2217 #3 · p.2217 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

clouseau wrote:
So nice , i hope to find one myself someday

You arrived during my recent sabbatical and I wanted to extend another welcome to you. I note that you've listed your gear in your profile which is a good thing for all of us gear junkies, but I'd ask that you add your first name as well. We're on a first name basis on this thread and it is nice to use something other than a participant's username. I'm delighted we have another person from Europe joining our conversation. I met quite a few wonderful Danish photographers during my time sharing photos on TrekEarth. We can use all the Danes we can find...

Have fun! This is a great thread with some wonderful folks from around the world.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2217 #4 · p.2217 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
The sunset this evening as seen by the 180mm f2.8 and the D600.

WOW!!!!!

Just beautiful!
The sun just snuck below the horizon here in Oshkosh. Nothing compared to your sunset!!!!

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2217 #5 · p.2217 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Big Appa wrote:
A pair leftover when the color was good a few weeks ago. This was about 35 miles from my home in Maryland, in Pennsylvania , a place called Pleasant Valley. The clouds were playing peekaboo with the sun.
Both taken with the D200 and the 50mm1.8 AI.

Love your pictures from rural Pennsylvania! The first shot reminds me of model-railway-landscapes - all the tiny cars and tractors, the amazing lot of details.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2217 #6 · p.2217 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Leighton, wow, now that's an evening sky!

+1 Leighton. Great fiery sky!
Scott

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2217 #7 · p.2217 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Calgary Alberta. Then to Vancouver, Seattle, then San Fran. Then the plane brings it east.

San Francisco really is the center of the universe... didn't you know that Ray?

I love the fact another lens from a thread participant is staying within our cyber community. That said, buying from Canada can take quite a long time. I bought a lens from someone across the border from Detroit and it was shipped east to Montreal before heading west. And it sat in Montreal for quite some time before it crossed the border. But sometimes patience is required. When talking about these lenses, it is usually worth the wait. I'm so happy you got this lens Ray.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2217 #8 · p.2217 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Georg, Monty and Scott. Here's a vertical of the same scene.

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    180mm    f/5.6    1/320s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM
clouseau

p.2217 #9 · p.2217 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
You arrived during my recent sabbatical and I wanted to extend another welcome to you. I note that you've listed your gear in your profile which is a good thing for all of us gear junkies, but I'd ask that you add your first name as well. We're on a first name basis on this thread and it is nice to use something other than a participant's username. I'm delighted we have another person from Europe joining our conversation. I met quite a few wonderful Danish photographers during my time sharing photos on TrekEarth. We can use all the Danes
...Show more
Thank you !
Its a very inspirering thread , and i like it here , so in the future my signature will be Claus !
Mvh Claus

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2217 #10 · p.2217 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Well, it's been fun!

I'll be packing Nikki up for shipment to Alan! As I've said earlier, the lens adventure lit a fire under me!
The last picture I took using Nikki was of it's replacement. My favorite lens, 85mm f/1.4 AI-s

MDoc9523 wrote:
According to USPS tracking my 85mm 1.4 is now in San Francisco

leighton w wrote:
Good grief Ray, where's that thing coming from?

MDoc9523 wrote:
Calgary Alberta. Then to Vancouver, Seattle, then San Fran. Then the plane brings it east.

CGrindahl wrote:
San Francisco really is the center of the universe... didn't you know that Ray?

I love the fact another lens from a thread participant is staying within our cyber community. That said, buying from Canada can take quite a long time. I bought a lens from someone across the border from Detroit and it was shipped east to Montreal before heading west. And it sat in Montreal for quite some time before it crossed the border. But sometimes patience is required. When talking about these lenses, it is usually worth the wait. I'm so happy you got this lens Ray.

I must have missed something again! Who did Ray buy this from?

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • •
p.2217 #11 · p.2217 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

clouseau wrote:
So nice , i hope to find one myself someday

CGrindahl wrote:
You arrived during my recent sabbatical and I wanted to extend another welcome to you. I note that you've listed your gear in your profile which is a good thing for all of us gear junkies, but I'd ask that you add your first name as well. We're on a first name basis on this thread and it is nice to use something other than a participant's username. I'm delighted we have another person from Europe joining our conversation. I met quite a few wonderful Danish photographers during my time sharing photos on TrekEarth. We can use all the Danes
...Show more
clouseau wrote:
Thank you !
Its a very inspirering thread , and i like it here , so in the future my signature will be Claus !
Mvh Claus

We're glad to have you Claus!

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2217 #12 · p.2217 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
San Francisco really is the center of the universe...

Oh yes, and guess what? THe new owners of Webex are based in San Fran!
http://www.bertramcapital.com/index.html
Curtis, maybe you could stop over and put in a good word for me
Fun times coming up for us. THey want Webex to double our sales $ in three years! Sounds like they are ready to throw some money our way

wooo hooo

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2217 #13 · p.2217 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rankamateur wrote:
For crying out loud Monty it's electrickle get a spell chek will ya

Gotta love your sense of humor Ron. And that Carly Simon song sure brought back fond memories. Knowing Ray's musical interests he probably has a few associations himself. Great music. Thanks for the memories...

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2217 #14 · p.2217 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jeff, to join the chorus: I love your reflection-shot! Very well seen and beautifully captured scene.

Monty, the "Customer Service"-poster behind your alternate Webex-salute made me laugh: the handshake was the symbol of the East German Communist Party

Jorge, the braces-shot is really something else ;-) The blue light works miracles (sorry for my English).

Leighton, the horizontal shot of the sky works better for me - I'm missing the blue streaks on the vertical version.
edit: after a second and a third look I prefer the vertical shot.

Claus, welcome! Where in Denmark are you located? I live in Rostock, just a big hop from Falster :-)

Edited on Nov 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM · View previous versions

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2217 #15 · p.2217 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

I must have missed something again! Who did Ray buy this from?

He bought it from Ryan in Calgary, who recently sold some of his Nikon gear to finance his Leica passion. Ray snapped up the 85 f/1.4 AI-s, which appears to be in beautiful condition, for a very fair price. I could tell from how he responded after using my 85 that it wouldn't take him too long to get one of his own. It is a great lens on both DX and FX cameras.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2217 #16 · p.2217 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

clouseau wrote:
Thank you !
Mvh Claus

Wonderful Claus. A few participants have comments on how friendly this thread is and I agree. We're really here to celebrate these lenses and to encourage one another both in kit building and in exploring manual focus photography. There are some very talented photographers here who not only inspire us, but who share their experience. There is nothing not to like in this conversation and I've been participating for two years and three months... remarkable! Now you can participate as well.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2217 #17 · p.2217 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt, I really hope everything turns out well for you and your family.

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2217 #18 · p.2217 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, those sunset shots are stunning. Wonderful work with your new camera and old lens... not a bad combination!

leighton w
• • • • •
p.2217 #19 · p.2217 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Leighton, those sunset shots are stunning. Wonderful work with your new camera and old lens... not a bad combination!

Thanks Curtis and Georg again. I had forgotten that Ryan was selling off to go Leica. I played with a Leica lens the other day at the camera museum and to be perfectly honest, I don't see the appeal. But...to each their own.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2217 #20 · p.2217 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

***** BLOG UPDATE *****

Monty's fifth and last post. well done Monty!

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2012/11/montys-fifth-and-last-post.html

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password