Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2214      
       2216              4366       4367       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2215 #1 · p.2215 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt, if the surgery is needed, then it would be good to have it done. Had rotator cuff surgery done a couple years ago, and glad I did it when I did, it's good to be pain free. I was lucky and didn't have too much pain during recovery, but it was right after this thread started up(surgery was 14 Sep 10), hence why I wasn't so active on it back then. Now, I'm in a rut and have no desire to go anywhere.

Matt OHarver wrote:
Glad I could help you out Monty, and glad the lens stayed in the family.

There may be some others from my fine collection coming up soon.

The doctors have told me I'm likely to require surgery that will put me out of work for 4-6 weeks and if that happens I have to put some coin in the bank to cover the bills until I get back on my feet. I've decided that if a sacrifice is to be made it will be with my beautiful MF lens collection. As much as I hate to do it, sometimes life
...Show more

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:20 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.2215 #2 · p.2215 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
We had some nice light yesterday, just before sunset, and a still pool provided some nice reflections.

Cheers,
Jeff

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:22 PM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2215 #3 · p.2215 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin, Leighton, Peter, Rinie and Laura, thanks for the kind comments on the reflecting pool shot.

Thanks Nancy, the photo was taken at Table Top reef on the north end of Solana Beach near Cardiff state beach. The negative low tide had left some pools on the beach with very clear water. There was no wind and they were reflecting the warm late afternoon light like a mirror. It was a very cool and unusual sight.

Monty, thanks for the Pi.

Nov 15, 2012 at 03:45 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2215 #4 · p.2215 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
We had some nice light yesterday, just before sunset, and a still pool provided some nice reflections.

Cheers,
Jeff

Jeff, I really love that shot, great colors, fantastic composition. Well seen!

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:22 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2215 #5 · p.2215 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

deang001 wrote:
That's a great shot !!! The hand movement and over-exposure enhance the whole image. It looks as though she is passionately trying to explain a view on something.

+1. What a beautiful portrait! Well done Curtis.

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:26 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2215 #6 · p.2215 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pbraymond wrote:
[
Love the fourth picture, the reflection makes a picture out of a scene that would be uninteresting by itself. Well done Philippe

[Ray

Thank you Ray.

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:28 PM
Big Appa
• • •
p.2215 #7 · p.2215 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A pair leftover when the color was good a few weeks ago. This was about 35 miles from my home in Maryland, in Pennsylvania , a place called Pleasant Valley. The clouds were playing peekaboo with the sun.
Both taken with the D200 and the 50mm1.8 AI.

Ed

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:33 PM
clouseau

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2215 #8 · p.2215 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Big Appa wrote:
A pair leftover when the color was good a few weeks ago. This was about 35 miles from my home in Maryland, in Pennsylvania , a place called Pleasant Valley. The clouds were playing peekaboo with the sun.

Very nice shots , reminds me a little of where i come from apart from the elevation (highest point in this country is about 400 feet)

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:42 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2215 #9 · p.2215 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Big Appa wrote:

Nice ones Ed, how can you go wrong shooting a farm!

Nov 15, 2012 at 05:12 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.2215 #10 · p.2215 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/72/737672.jpg

Unbelievable! +3.14159265
I keep looking at it trying to figure out if you faked it somehow. It's beautiful!

Very nice image Jeff. Well seen!
Scott

Nov 15, 2012 at 05:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2215 #11 · p.2215 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

DTOB wrote:
Now there's something I don't miss...braces. Great shot.

The sweetest kiss I ever had was at age 17 when my girl friend and I kissed for the first time after we'd both had our braces REMOVED!

Five years, four teeth removed and bruised lips from kisses that were simply too passionate for someone with steel bands across their teeth... But what's a kid to do with all that pent up sexual energy?

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:13 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2215 #12 · p.2215 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Curtis. This thread is a sanctuary of sorts for me, for the times when I rage against the cubicle walls (partition boards ahem), I just need to fire up the browser and let my imagination wander. I miss the outdoors, being stuck here in a city can be particularly unpleasant.
I can almost smell the cool crisp air when Monty steps out on to the pavement.
Or the chill of being atop Haleakala and watching the sun trying to break through the billowing clouds.
I imagine warming my hands, cupping the cardboard holder to freshly
...Show more

Lovely way to describe your experience Chin. I've said before that you are a talented writer. I hope you find a way to use this talent. I was doing some editing work while away of work written by a dear friend. His ideas are inspiring but his writing lacks the poetic feel of what you seem to do quite naturally. It is a gift. And you're a darn good photographer as well. I'm really glad you found us and choose to continue your participation on the thread.

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:17 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2215 #13 · p.2215 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:
Glad I could help you out Monty, and glad the lens stayed in the family.

There may be some others from my fine collection coming up soon.

The doctors have told me I'm likely to require surgery that will put me out of work for 4-6 weeks and if that happens I have to put some coin in the bank to cover the bills until I get back on my feet. I've decided that if a sacrifice is to be made it will be with my beautiful MF lens collection. As much as I hate to do it, sometimes life
...Show more

Sorry to hear of your health challenges Matt. I love the line often heard in 12 Steps about "meeting life on life's terms." There is no other way, unless one is bound and determined to create further suffering.

You've built a very sweet MF kit and I've no doubt those among us looking for those particular lenses will be very happy with what they receive. Please post a link to your listing. You might even pre-list on this thread to give folks here a chance at the lenses, to keep them in the family as you say. If you're able and interested to do a bit of MF shooting during your convalescence I'll happily loan you a lens or two if yours are sold. You've become a valued member of our cyber community.

Take good care of yourself and please stay in touch with us.

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:26 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2215 #14 · p.2215 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:

Cheers,
Jeff

Glorious shot Jeff with beautiful colors. I love how you compose this image. Fine work.

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:29 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2215 #15 · p.2215 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
It's a great shot Curtis, beautiful portrait...but wasn't it you extolling the virtues of Auto-ISO to Leighton (or maybe Monty) a couple of months ago for exactly this reason?

Kind regards,
Mark.

Thanks Mark. Unfortunately, Auto ISO won't go below 200 with the D700 and when there is too much light, I'm in trouble. When I shoot manual mode I'm expecting low light that will be managed by Auto ISO. And that was the problem with both of my "high key" shots. The camera expected lowlight based on my settings but encountered bright light. With Marilynne we were moving in and out of shade and in this instance, I didn't flip back to aperture priority as conditions required. I don't pretend to be smart enough to set up high key shots but sometimes I stumble into something that works...

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:34 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2215 #16 · p.2215 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
So it's official - the 2013 NMFAS sufferers support group meeting will be in Hong Kong & Cambodia with Dean as tour guide.

Let me be the first to say that IF we could pull off something like that I'd be on the list. When Rinie and I were active on TrekEarth there were quite a few such gatherings, though I never attended. Rinie hosted one such meeting in Rotterdam that had a great turnout... over 20 people I believe. Of course, most of the folks active on that site lived in Europe so the trip wasn't overly expensive. I didn't go simply because the cost seemed so high. Of course, that was before Rinie and I began traveling as part of our friendship.

Save your money folks. I think Rinie and I will head to Southeast Asia the end of next October and would love to have company.

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:39 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2215 #17 · p.2215 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Nice

+1 Sweet!

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:41 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.2215 #18 · p.2215 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Very sweet set of images Ed. Love the colors and the presence of the farm buildings really elevates the composition. Excellent work.

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:44 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2215 #19 · p.2215 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well, it's been fun!

I'll be packing Nikki up for shipment to Alan! As I've said earlier, the lens adventure lit a fire under me!
The last picture I took using Nikki was of it's replacement. My favorite lens, 85mm f/1.4 AI-s

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    85mm    f/1.8    1/40s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:45 PM
clouseau

p.2215 #20 · p.2215 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

So nice , i hope to find one myself someday

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:50 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register