Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2213      
       2215              4181       4182       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2214 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:
Thank you John, I'm hoping not to have to dig too deep into the lenses. I've avoided the surgery several times in the past with therapy, however this time it's not working. I have issues with my neck degenerative disk disease, but now I also have Bone spurs on vertebrae in my lower neck and they are playing havoc with my nerves on my spine. I knew Monty was jonesing for a 55MM F1.2 and knew the lens would be well loved, which is why I offered it first. The others I'm holding off until I know exactly what
...Show more

Hi Matt.
I hope that things work out here so that you can keep your lenses, but more important is your health and so firstly I hope whatever treatment route you need it is successful and quickly done.
Best wishes,
Mark.

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:51 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2214 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
+1 Peter. Great colors!
Scott

Deangoo1 wrote:

Peter, the whole set was wonderful.

At I guess, I would say these are the type of images that drove Ben to buy a D200.

Thanks Scott and Dean - my shooting bank A is set to (the much reviled) Ken Rockwell's settings which are pretty vivid

Edited on Nov 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM · View previous versions

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2214 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

DTOB wrote:
I haven't been around much, but I wanted to drop in to point out a crazy lens I've never seen before, the Nikkor 200-600 f/9.5.

Anyone seen one of these? This one looks to be a former RCMP lens (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), and is for sale in the Ottawa area for $799.

Actually, looks like the seller also has it listed on Ebay for $699.

That's interesting - tehre was one for sale here 2 weeks ago that I mentioned on the forum. They didn't make many of them. It was the aperture that put me off as it wasn't too expensive.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2214 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Here is a photo I took on Saturday of my partner Sue. The look in her eyes says it all for me. This was shot with the 105 f/1.8 AI-s.

She looks like a lovely person, Curtis. Very nice portrait.

I also love the pics of your friend, the author.

Edited on Nov 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM · View previous versions

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
deang001
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2214 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
So it's official - the 2013 NMFAS sufferers support group meeting will be in Hong Kong & Cambodia with Dean as tour guide.

Looks like it's settled then. I'll notify the HK chapter of the NMFAS sufferers support group to put out a general APB to all the used camera shops when the time comes !!

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2214 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Georg, Ray and Monty for the comments.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2214 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Beautiful shots Leighton. Monty I would choose the 50mm 1.2 ais if for no other reasons the 9 blades.

montym wrote:
Too late. Matt gave me a good deal on his (Curtis's) 55 1.2 ai
I couldn't pass it up

MDoc9523 wrote:
Congrats on the lens Monty. Hard to pass a great deal plus it stays in our "family"

montym wrote:
I was close to getting a new 50 1.2, but this was less than half the price. An easy "sell" to my wife

Matt OHarver wrote:
Glad I could help you out Monty, and glad the lens stayed in the family.

There may be some others from my fine collection coming up soon.

The doctors have told me I'm likely to require surgery that will put me out of work for 4-6 weeks and if that happens I have to put some coin in the bank to cover the bills until I get back on my feet. I've decided that if a sacrifice is to be made it will be with my beautiful MF lens collection. As much as I hate to do it, sometimes life
...Show more

Matt, I pray you won't have to have surgery. Suffering from the same condition, I can literally feel your pain. Please keep us informed.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2214 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
We had some nice light yesterday, just before sunset, and a still pool provided some nice reflections.

Cheers,
Jeff

Jeff, this is one outstanding image! Very nicely seen and executed.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2214 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Dean, I have loved ALL of your shots from Cambodia. Please take me with you the next time you go.

MDoc9523 wrote:
Let me second that. A trip of a life time for sure and I love how you recorded it!!

MarkdV wrote:
So it's official - the 2013 NMFAS sufferers support group meeting will be in Hong Kong & Cambodia with Dean as tour guide.

deang001 wrote:
Looks like it's settled then. I'll notify the HK chapter of the NMFAS sufferers support group to put out a general APB to all the used camera shops when the time comes !!

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2214 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton - I forgot to comment on your daughter's image - she's lovely. Gratefully she's recovered as has our youngest from her January accident in Switzerland. These things become very real when they're close to home.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Oosty
• • • •
p.2214 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
We had some nice light yesterday, just before sunset, and a still pool provided some nice reflections.

Cheers,
Jeff

Very arresting image Jeff - love it.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.2214 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Monty - always interesting. Some excellent images.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2214 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Leighton - I forgot to comment on your daughter's image - she's lovely. Gratefully she's recovered as has our youngest from her January accident in Switzerland. These things become very real when they're close to home.

Thank you Peter. I hope your daughter is doing well.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.2214 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:
Thank you John, I'm hoping not to have to dig too deep into the lenses. I've avoided the surgery several times in the past with therapy, however this time it's not working. I have issues with my neck degenerative disk disease, but now I also have Bone spurs on vertebrae in my lower neck and they are playing havoc with my nerves on my spine. I knew Monty was jonesing for a 55MM F1.2 and knew the lens would be well loved, which is why I offered it first. The others I'm holding off until I know exactly what
...Show more

All the best, Matt. I hope you'll come out better than you've been in years, and hope that you don't have to sell many lenses. I know that you very carefully put your kit together.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.2214 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:

Cheers,
Jeff

Very beautiful, such great reflection, and such warm colors and a bicyclist as a bonus!

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2214 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:

Cheers,
Jeff

Unbelievable! +3.14159265
I keep looking at it trying to figure out if you faked it somehow. It's beautiful!

Nov 15, 2012 at 01:01 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2214 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This sums it up rather nicely sometimes!

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    180mm    f/2.8    1/4000s    560 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 15, 2012 at 01:25 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2214 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
This sums it up rather nicely sometimes!

Nice

Nov 15, 2012 at 01:29 PM
Rinie Hoff
• • •
p.2214 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
I like the pumpkins Monty.

One of my daughter at the market yesterday. The scars are getting less and less noticeable from 2 years ago when the reckless driver nearly killed her.

I missed this one too, Leighton, but I found it back. Great photo, she's got a sweet smile, but hey, what else to a loving dad!
I remember your wrote to me about the accident when I went to Canada to help my brother, as she and my brother had a similar accident with a naroow escape. I'm glad she's doing well, as least her smile is very sweet.

Nov 15, 2012 at 01:42 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2214 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rinie Hoff wrote:
I missed this one too, Leighton, but I found it back. Great photo, she's got a sweet smile, but hey, what else to a loving dad!
I remember your wrote to me about the accident when I went to Canada to help my brother, as she and my brother had a similar accident with a naroow escape. I'm glad she's doing well, as least her smile is very sweet.

Thanks Rinie, she smiles more now then ever because she always hated her crooked teeth. Well the steering wheel on her Jeep took all but 2 teeth out from the top row, so now that she has false teeth she smiles more.

I hope your brother is doing well.

Nov 15, 2012 at 01:49 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password