Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2212      
       2214              4261       4262       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pbraymond
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2213 #1 · p.2213 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
A study of benchs and early morning light. Taken with the 50mm f1.2 so Monty can think about which version he's going to get.
- very nice Leighton, esp the first picture.

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Walk around in the streets of Nancy with the 50 1.8 :

Love the fourth picture, the reflection makes a picture out of a scene that would be uninteresting by itself. Well done Philippe

georgms wrote:
A picture taken 2009 with the 20/3.5 Ais at f/16 to get a nice sun-star:

Georg, beautiful. Your picture help expand my vision ... thanks for the lessons

Curtis, nice high key / overexposeure efffect on the past couple of series - I try for these but have limimted success.

and finally, Chin, I enjoy seeing the pictures you create; the effort as opposed to "found" photos is inspiring.

Cool shots form others as well, I just don't have Georg's patience to comment on everyone, but I do enjoy the pictures and the conversations.

Ray

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:17 AM
Zichar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2213 #2 · p.2213 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the kind words Curtis. This thread is a sanctuary of sorts for me, for the times when I rage against the cubicle walls (partition boards ahem), I just need to fire up the browser and let my imagination wander. I miss the outdoors, being stuck here in a city can be particularly unpleasant.
I can almost smell the cool crisp air when Monty steps out on to the pavement.
Or the chill of being atop Haleakala and watching the sun trying to break through the billowing clouds.
I imagine warming my hands, cupping the cardboard holder to freshly brewed coffee, as I am oft to do when browsing through farmers' markets; moist soil and damp leaves linger in the air.
Looking at Siem Reap's temples, I remember tracing my fingers along the mossy cracks of some other forgotten relic in Bali, peering at inscriptions well-worn with age.
Ah, to all that I say thank you

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:19 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2213 #3 · p.2213 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Both of these were from the same train car. Again with the 50mm f1.2 ais.

Nice Pair!
I really like the colorful 2nd one!

Monty

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:30 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2213 #4 · p.2213 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

James Markus wrote:
They don't make them like they use to. This is a Stereo Knob that broke off a tape deck I donated to a charity electronics collection; and then found in the floor of my car a week later. Each knob was milled from solid aluminum alloy.

End of the knob - reversed 20mm Nikkor ais
http://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting-data//500/76816StereoKnob_Web-2.jpg

Great shots James. You make that 20mm sing!

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:31 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2213 #5 · p.2213 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Thought of another so I broke out the flashes again
She's such a willing model
Paid for in doggy treats...
w/ 35mm f/2 AI

Chin what a great shot!

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:32 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.2213 #6 · p.2213 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
I was close to getting a new 50 1.2, but this was less than half the price. An easy "sell" to my wife

Glad I could help you out Monty, and glad the lens stayed in the family.

There may be some others from my fine collection coming up soon.

The doctors have told me I'm likely to require surgery that will put me out of work for 4-6 weeks and if that happens I have to put some coin in the bank to cover the bills until I get back on my feet. I've decided that if a sacrifice is to be made it will be with my beautiful MF lens collection. As much as I hate to do it, sometimes life dictates what you have to do, not what you want to do. I go back to one of the doctors tomorrow and I'll know more. Monty the lens is going out tomorrow morning(as we discussed) I know you will love it as much as Curtis did, and as much as I do. It captured some wonderful memories for me and my son.

Matt

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:33 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2213 #7 · p.2213 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jorge Torralba wrote:
Might as well add one here taken at f2 with the F6

http://www.nikonimages.com/gallery/4/U4I1290137680.SEQ.0.jpg

And one with a D700 at f2 as well

http://www.nikonimages.com/gallery/4/U4I1303950897.SEQ.3.jpg

Any picture with bicycles in it is a good one

I'm not so sure about that 2nd one..... It's kinda scary I find myself clinching my mouth closed

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:34 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.2213 #8 · p.2213 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:

The doctors have told me I'm likely to require surgery that will put me out of work for 4-6 weeks and if that happens I have to put some coin in the bank to cover the bills until I get back on my feet. I've decided that if a sacrifice is to be made it will be with my beautiful MF lens collection. As much as I hate to do it, sometimes life
...Show more
We will all be pulling for you Matt. Please keep us apprised and we will keep you in our prayers!

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:37 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.2213 #9 · p.2213 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:

The doctors have told me I'm likely to require surgery that will put me out of work for 4-6 weeks and if that happens I have to put some coin in the bank to cover the bills until I get back on my feet. I've decided that if a sacrifice is to be made it will be with my beautiful MF lens collection. As much as I hate to do it, sometimes life
...Show more

Sorry to hear that Matt - hope everything goes well. Let us all know what lenses you are letting go of and we can try to keep them "in the family".

John

Nov 15, 2012 at 03:01 AM
montym
• • • •
p.2213 #10 · p.2213 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

An alternative Webex Salute

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    85mm    f/5.6    1/50s    1100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 15, 2012 at 03:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

deang001
• • •
p.2213 #11 · p.2213 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Dean, please keep your Cambodia-pictures coming! Excellent work.
Long-gone civilizations have something magical to it and your pictures illustrates this in a beautiful way.

Thanks, Georg.

Nov 15, 2012 at 03:48 AM
deang001
• • •
p.2213 #12 · p.2213 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Thanks everyone, I gotta start thinking of what else I've got in the kitchen for the doggy to pose with...

Dean: I think you've been around SE Asia more than I have! In a reversal, I'm planning for a trip down to Adelaide and SA next May
Anyway the ruins are amazing, some may find them creepy but I've always been fascinated, imagining how the same paths and corridors were filled with people, going about their lives, hundreds of years ago.
Are you still contemplating a move away from HK? Maybe I should consider going over one of these days,
...Show more

Thanks, Chin.

Yes, moving to Sydney is still on the cards, but really, I can do my work from anywhere I'd be very sad moving from HK though and wont if we can find someone else for the Aus spot.

WOW - your going to Adelaide ... fabulous !! Maybe I can make some suggestions for you when the time comes. We are booked in to go back to Adelaide for 10 days over CNY this coming Feb and I can't wait. I want to actually take some images this time and have the Coorong and the South East Coast in mind.

I know you are a foodie, so perhaps I can help you out there too ... wonderful produce and some great restaurants . You must visit Magill Estate Restaurant especially if your going to do the winery thing. The Central Market is particularly cool as well ... great atmosphere and again, awesome produce.

Chin, would love for you to visit HK and show you some of the photographic sites over here. Being a Gweilo certainly does cut me some slack, but the locals, especially the older folk, don't like their image being taken ... which is fair enough I guess. It's always easier with two people though ... one can get the shot while the other gets something thrown at them ... we can take turns

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:11 AM
deang001
• • •
p.2213 #13 · p.2213 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:

The doctors have told me I'm likely to require surgery that will put me out of work for 4-6 weeks and if that happens I have to put some coin in the bank to cover the bills until I get back on my feet. I've decided that if a sacrifice is to be made it will be with my beautiful MF lens collection. As much as I hate to do it, sometimes life dictates what you have to do, not what you want to do. I go
...Show more

Here's hoping you don't need an operation.

Bets of luck to you, Matt.

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:21 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.2213 #14 · p.2213 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

We had some nice light yesterday, just before sunset, and a still pool provided some nice reflections.

Cheers,
Jeff

Reflecting Pool Nikon D800 Nikkor 105mm 2.5 ais 1/100s f5.6 ISO 100

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:32 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.2213 #15 · p.2213 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
We had some nice light yesterday, just before sunset, and a still pool provided some nice reflections.

Cheers,
Jeff

Wow, just wow! Kept making me want to turn my head upside down.

Nov 15, 2012 at 05:26 AM
waysaz
• •
p.2213 #16 · p.2213 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/72/737672.jpg
Cheers,
Jeff

Sunset Cliffs? Nice!

Nov 15, 2012 at 05:47 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.2213 #17 · p.2213 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Sorry to hear that Matt - hope everything goes well. Let us all know what lenses you are letting go of and we can try to keep them "in the family".

John

Thank you John, I'm hoping not to have to dig too deep into the lenses. I've avoided the surgery several times in the past with therapy, however this time it's not working. I have issues with my neck degenerative disk disease, but now I also have Bone spurs on vertebrae in my lower neck and they are playing havoc with my nerves on my spine. I knew Monty was jonesing for a 55MM F1.2 and knew the lens would be well loved, which is why I offered it first. The others I'm holding off until I know exactly what is going to happen.

Thanks everyone for the concern. I will try to keep you updated, but between working as much as I can to put money back just incase, and the pain I'm in, keeping up with this supercharged thread is nearly impossible.

Matt

Nov 15, 2012 at 05:53 AM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2213 #18 · p.2213 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
So here is MY favorite from the photo shoot on Saturday. Again, focusing in manual mode got me in trouble when we were moving in and out of shadows outside. Again the image was over-exposed. But I like how it came out. This was a spontaneous shot with wind blowing my friend's hair. I shot as she lifted her hand to smooth it out. Shot with the 105 f/1.8 AI-s which was the only lens I used.

I've known Marilynne for 23 years. She is a dear friend.

It's a great shot Curtis, beautiful portrait...but wasn't it you extolling the virtues of Auto-ISO to Leighton (or maybe Monty) a couple of months ago for exactly this reason?

Kind regards,
Mark.

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:26 AM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2213 #19 · p.2213 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jorge Torralba wrote:
Might as well add one here taken at f2 with the F6

And one with a D700 at f2 as well

Hi Jorge,

Some nice shots with the 50mm, I bet you were popular with the young lady for that last shot.

Kind regards,
Mark.

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:40 AM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2213 #20 · p.2213 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Let me second that. A trip of a life time for sure and I love how you recorded it!!

So it's official - the 2013 NMFAS sufferers support group meeting will be in Hong Kong & Cambodia with Dean as tour guide.

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:46 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password