Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2205      
2206
       2207              5890       5891       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2206 #1 · p.2206 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Matt, I'm hoping he gets quite a bit of what is on his Santa list.

Matt OHarver wrote:
Hi guys, I actually got an afternoon off this week that didn't include a trip to a doctor or a treatment center. Brandon had a Holiday Party in St. Louis so we drove him up and had some fun for a few hours. He and Santa discussed his list he brought with him. There are very few things that come along with his disease, however it has kept his childhood innocence around so that these special moments still happen even at 15. D4 and 35MM F1.4

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8084/8258567679_2492424426_b.jpg
MJO_5680 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8359/8258637755_aa7cc97425_b.jpg
MJO_5684 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Matt




Dec 10, 2012 at 04:13 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2206 #2 · p.2206 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Tony, it's in a lot better shape because I had to send it for repairs after I dropped it and a D700 on a store floor, APS got the nod for repairs and I had everything back in my hands in about a week... In that box should also be a ring with the original serial number to it. Send your text and images to Leighton's email address and he'll get them on the blog in between sheep tending and fixing broken things on the farm

vpik01 wrote:
Georg - the party was great, everyone survived and enjoyed themselves... very late night though!

Scott, nightowlcat, Philippe - Thanks for the good wishes with Nikki, she is a great looking lens by the way. One of the best condition older Nikkors I've used for sure.

Rafael - Wow your FTN is sparkling! Mine is in good user condition but nothing like that beauty!! Also that velvia shot of SF is great, the neon lights and sunset really pop.

Leighton - I like the sepia toned shot of the village from a couple days ago! Hey how do I get your images/text to
...Show more



Dec 10, 2012 at 04:20 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2206 #3 · p.2206 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Jorge, too bad your eyesight is failing you and you have to dump all your Nikon lenses like you say here, http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1171814/0#11171021 and I suppose the same goes for your Zeiss manual focus lenses too.


Dec 10, 2012 at 04:25 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2206 #4 · p.2206 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Wow Tony, I can almost reach out and touch that first one. bravo!

vpik01 wrote:
Nikki in DC - Update #2

My late night of holiday partying doomed my idea to get out early and do some sunrise shooting with Nikki and while the day nearly got away from me I did swing by the Capitol on my way home. It was misting and rainy which is one of my favorite 'looks' for the Capitol Dome, the lights look cool in a mist/fog setting. I ended up focusing (pun intended) on some found reflections on the eastern plaza above the relatively new Capitol Visitor Center. Enjoy!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8349/8260176540_843ced9c28_b.jpg
Great Lens Adventure-DC-6 by Tony DeFilippo, on Flickr




Dec 10, 2012 at 04:30 AM
Jorge Torralba
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2206 #5 · p.2206 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


NightOwl Cat wrote:
Jorge, too bad your eyesight is failing you and you have to dump all your Nikon lenses like you say here, http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1171814/0#11171021 and I suppose the same goes for your Zeiss manual focus lenses too.


Yes. It sucks ! My Zeiss stuff is on B&S as well http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1166717/ My kids are telling me to leave them all my old glass but they are only 11 and 14 and don't have jobs. Otherwise I would make them work so they could buy me the AF stuff I want



Dec 10, 2012 at 04:36 AM
vpik01
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #6 · p.2206 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Thanks Laura!! The dome is so well lit that at night it does get very three dimensional looking. APS did some good work on Nikki for sure, very clean and smooth!




Dec 10, 2012 at 04:55 AM
JimmyChoo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #7 · p.2206 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Dean, thanks for your compliment.

Leighton, I like the shot of Jed in the barn.
I notice something about Jed; his nails looked long. Have you noticed this, that they are longer lately? From what I recall of our second GSD sometime before his passing that his nails seemed to get longer than previously and required clipping. When we found out that he had athritis of the hind legs, we realised that that was the reason for his long nails. Because of the pain he had become less active. All that walking and running about used to naturally file his nails short.



Dec 10, 2012 at 04:57 AM
box185
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #8 · p.2206 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


x

Edited on Apr 04, 2014 at 03:39 AM · View previous versions



Dec 10, 2012 at 05:56 AM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #9 · p.2206 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


pbraymond wrote:
Grey and wet around here, a couple from the card download today, probably collected over a one week span. Continued good work everyone, enjoy looking at the slices of life around the world.

Welcome to the Particle, nice shot Monty.
Phillipe, applause again at the street photography pics
aRod, continued well wishes for your family and daughter
"Leighton in Paris" put a big smile on my face!
Georg, your work continues to inspire, I esp like the "quick snap on the way to the car"
Jorge "Money for Beer" is a blast

Ray



Love this one Ray








Dec 10, 2012 at 06:12 AM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #10 · p.2206 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


montym wrote:
A couple of young ladies from the photo shoot yesterday!


Monty Nice shots using the 85mm 1.4 especially the first one!



Dec 10, 2012 at 06:14 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #11 · p.2206 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Paul Gabel wrote:
Great shot, Samy!

I gotta agree with that!!!!!



Dec 10, 2012 at 06:14 AM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #12 · p.2206 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


vpik01 wrote:
Nikki in DC - Update #2

My late night of holiday partying doomed my idea to get out early and do some sunrise shooting with Nikki and while the day nearly got away from me I did swing by the Capitol on my way home. It was misting and rainy which is one of my favorite 'looks' for the Capitol Dome, the lights look cool in a mist/fog setting. I ended up focusing (pun intended) on some found reflections on the eastern plaza above the relatively new Capitol Visitor Center. Enjoy!


Terrific Tony







Dec 10, 2012 at 06:17 AM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #13 · p.2206 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


box185 wrote:
I have really been enjoying the photographs and conversations posted here over the past several weeks. I've been wanting to post some images too. The first three were taken by my wife during our visit to the Amana Colonies near Cedar Rapids, Iowa. These are some of her first images with a MF lens. That's me in the orange coat, but the cat quickly caught all of her attention. My attention turned to her in the last photograph.

Great shots Paul, especially the third one.

Ray



Dec 10, 2012 at 06:19 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2206 #14 · p.2206 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Well, that's a bummer if glasses won't fix your eyesight at your young age(guessing at age since your oldest is my oldest granddaughter's age). My left eye is -6.50 and my right is -5.75 and the bifocal part is +2.50 right now, putting me in the severely myopic category, thankfully still correctable with glasses and I can still shoot MF with FX, DX or CX.

Jorge Torralba wrote:
Yes. It sucks ! My Zeiss stuff is on B&S as well http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1166717/ My kids are telling me to leave them all my old glass but they are only 11 and 14 and don't have jobs. Otherwise I would make them work so they could buy me the AF stuff I want




Dec 10, 2012 at 06:36 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2206 #15 · p.2206 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Welcome Paul, and that is a really pretty cat! I'd have been taken up with it as well


box185 wrote:
I have really been enjoying the photographs and conversations posted here over the past several weeks. I've been wanting to post some images too. The first three were taken by my wife during our visit to the Amana Colonies near Cedar Rapids, Iowa. These are some of her first images with a MF lens. That's me in the orange coat, but the cat quickly caught all of her attention. My attention turned to her in the last photograph.




Dec 10, 2012 at 06:38 AM
box185
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #16 · p.2206 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


x

Edited on Apr 04, 2014 at 03:45 AM · View previous versions



Dec 10, 2012 at 06:44 AM
box185
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #17 · p.2206 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


x

Edited on Apr 04, 2014 at 03:45 AM · View previous versions



Dec 10, 2012 at 06:49 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2206 #18 · p.2206 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


NightOwl Cat wrote:
Well, that's a bummer if glasses won't fix your eyesight at your young age(guessing at age since your oldest is my oldest granddaughter's age). My left eye is -6.50 and my right is -5.75 and the bifocal part is +2.50 right now, putting me in the severely myopic category, thankfully still correctable with glasses and I can still shoot MF with FX, DX or CX.



Hi Laura - I was -12.75 and -13.50 prior to lasic surgery in 1996 (I'd worn hard contacts since I was about 19 - 32 years) and was lucky enough to be able to see pretty well. I've since had a cataract removed and a lens replaced in my left eye and wear glasses for distance work. I don't have too much trouble focusing with MF lenses and DX cameras although it did take some practice.

Part of the problem is the focusing screen which is not much different from my old Pentax fresnel screen and focusing would be a piece of cake with a split screen or even a KatzEye.

Peter



Dec 10, 2012 at 08:30 AM
Zichar
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #19 · p.2206 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


I love the reflection on the tiles, Tony. That's a really cool shot.

>>

Never thought I'd ever shoot a brick wall... but the owner asketh, and the photographer obligeth
45 PC-E



zl 002 (tembeling_005) by Zichar, on Flickr




Dec 10, 2012 at 08:31 AM
zippy_monster
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2206 #20 · p.2206 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
I'm about fifteen pages behind... boy can you guys and gals TALK...


None of your zenfolio stuff seems to be showing up in the thread.


rafaelcasd wrote:
An XK 140? I used to 'borrow' my uncle's when I was in high school.


Good eye!

We were also joined by a '38 Buick straight eight, a Morgan +4, and some two-stroke Vespa among others. It took me a bit to figure out which XK that was since the only familiarity I've got with British vehicles comes from Laycock de Normanville in Swedish cars. :P



Dec 10, 2012 at 09:44 AM
1       2       3              2205      
2206
       2207              5890       5891       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2205      
2206
       2207              5890       5891       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password