FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2022      
       2024              5885       5886       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2023 #1 · p.2023 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

John, love the halloween pics, the cropped picture of the girls at the door has an amazing dreamy feel to it. I still am amazed at that combination of the D800 and these MF lenses. Like the cat pics too, love the cat in a bag shot.

Americo, Really great news about your daughter, I know there is a long path still to walk but with a strong and loving family I know that your daughter will have everything she needs to come through this ordeal.

Samy, lovely soccer shots. I remember some guy called Thierry Henry, I think he was ok. I believe you mentioned "...And he had a hand to play in many a France match at the international level." - I think if you ask any Irishman they will agree quite literally he gave France a 'hand'.

Ed, love your shots of the autumnal colour. I'm going to get out the D200 again and get some of the trees around here I think.

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:59 PM
georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2023 #2 · p.2023 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

So many great contributions on the last pages:

Monty, love your work with Nikki! The reading man and the girl on the bench are top-notch - awesome stuff!

Leighton, I like the blue-ish pictures a lot! The leaves against the blue background really "pop".

Ian, the portrait of your eldest is really excellent! Love the expression, the framing, the DoF, the B&W-conversion - basically everything about it :-)

Ben, thanks for the 20's-comparison! From a pictorial point of view (? the last 2 shots are excellent.

Mark, great set from the market! A really large christmas-fair starts here in a couple of weeks - many thousands of small lamps and lightbulbs will make nice subjects for pictures with out-of-focus highlights.

John, love the glow on your halloween-images!

Samy, nice to see Thierry Henry again :-) "Ending up at NY" sounds a bit sarcastic, but maybe I'm wrong here. Good stuff!

Ed, I really enjoy looking at your wonderful landscapes!

Curtis, beautiful take and great B&W-conversion on the lonesome wanderer.

Americo, all the best for your family!

Kevin, love the free-lensed ball - very cool effect.

Nov 04, 2012 at 01:05 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2023 #3 · p.2023 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A picture shot some weeks ago:

pilot-boat, D7000, 300/4.5 IF-ED, cropped a bit

Nov 04, 2012 at 01:06 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2023 #4 · p.2023 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Meet the two newest members of the family as of this past Wednesday night.

Cleo (as in Cleopatra) and Sasquatch (not our name). Both gotten from the local Seattle pet shelter. Our previous cats (also shelter animals) passed away this year and last after long happy lives in our house. It was time to adopt new ones.

Cleo was found wandering around some restaurant up on Capital Hill here in Seattle and is about 1 year old. Very playful and energetic - tough to get an image of her at f/1.2 as she's seldom still for more than a millisecond.

Sas was given
...Show more

Way to go John!

Nov 04, 2012 at 01:08 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2023 #5 · p.2023 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Big Appa, love that last one.

Yes, Edward, the last one is great!

Nov 04, 2012 at 01:10 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2023 #6 · p.2023 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Goes to show how much I know...

You may have a "real" job Nancy, but anyone who has worked as you have as a photographer deserves acknowledgement. My friend George, whose photo graces the current cover of the Sierra Club wilderness calendar and who just returned from a few weeks of shooting east of the Sierra Nevada mountains, has a job that helps put gas in his truck too. But when it comes to photographic chops, I'll defer to him every day of the week. Your work is impressive as well Nancy.

Forgive my playing mother hen on this thread. I've
...Show more

You probably didn't have your coffee yet

Nov 04, 2012 at 01:13 PM
James Markus
• • • •
p.2023 #7 · p.2023 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, I love that cabin...porches on both sides...did you stay there? The colors look wonderful.

MDoc9523 wrote:

Here are a few shots from the Great Smoky Mountains. We had such a wonderful time there and i would recommend it to anyone! I used the 16mm 3.5, 135mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.4

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k99/mdoc9523/The%20Smokys%202012/DSC_4533-1.jpg

Nov 04, 2012 at 01:19 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2023 #8 · p.2023 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Here is a photo taken with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s and then converted to BW in Lightroom. I read Monty's post processing routine and was exhausted before I was half way through... I simply can't work that hard...

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-jlM_dT9t_-o/UJL209HXxCI/AAAAAAAAQ5c/PLdXtUuumJo/s912/180.DailyConstitutional.jpg

I don't care how you processed this, it's great

Nov 04, 2012 at 01:22 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2023 #9 · p.2023 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ian Boys wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks!

I only got the 50mm f1.2 last week so I'm very much still learning with it. It is a 9 bladed ai-s. As for other 50's, I have my favourite Series E with the metal ring, an old ai-s 1.8 (turns very unevenly), a Nikkor-H f2 that is unfortunately pre-AI, and a very rough pre-AI f1.4. It is in bad shape with a little fungus but does very nice soft shots wide open so I still use it or portraits sometimes on my pre-ai bodies. Oh, an I have an old 50mm f1.8 AF too (pre AFD) that
...Show more

I love this picture. THe expression is wonderful. It reminds me of my daughter when she was young. "No another picture Dad "

Nov 04, 2012 at 01:34 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2023 #10 · p.2023 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
We'll have Monty's pumpkin to keep us entertained over the winter Nice!

Sorry to disappoint you. No pumpkin this year. My wife was in Florida the week leading up to Halloween. I'll to much of a slacker to buy and carve one.

Monty

Nov 04, 2012 at 01:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

montym
• • • •
p.2023 #11 · p.2023 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7107/8152378293_62fbc734b6_o.jpg

WOW! Now that's a cool picture! THat boat look was too close to the rocks. I don't care if it is the 300mm lens compressing the view! You wouldn't catch me on it!!!!

THe PP is also great Nice touch on darkening the skies

Good work!

Monty

Nov 04, 2012 at 01:46 PM
MarkdV
• • •
p.2023 #12 · p.2023 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7107/8152378293_62fbc734b6_o.jpg

That should be on the harbour master's wall. Reminds me of those amazingly vivid 1890's Collotype's.

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:01 PM
montym
• • • •
p.2023 #13 · p.2023 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Last night at the Gallery walk again. I was very surprised to see that on one block, every tree had 3 or 4 framed paintings on it. All were marked Free. Odd abstracts. Yes, I grabbed one

Monty

Nikki-008

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    85mm    f/2.8    1/40s    800 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:04 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2023 #14 · p.2023 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark, Georg, yeah when I started to write about him in the post, that game where his hand played a part did influence that sentence I didn't happen to watch it but did read about it, especially the Irish reactions.

That was towards the end of his European and international career though. I looked up his record and the number of goals he scored year after year at Arsenal, that was phenonenal. He isn't at those levels any more, I was hoping to see some glimpses at least. He was more directing his team as a captain yesterday, others were getting forward more often.

One more shot of goalies, this one was the NY goalie getting in the way of a United player. It took a few minutes after that before he was able to shake it off and get up again. Bert, having been a goalie hope that doesn't bring back any rough memories The second shot is of a Nikon guy, is that the 400 VR maybe?

I will try and catch the ACC soccer championship next week and get a few images there too. I am thinking of sticking to the 180 2.8 AIS, seems to be the right distance. Other possibility might be the 300 4.5? With the 180 other spectators heads and hats come into the frame too easily

Samy

NIKON D800    180mm    f/4.0    1/1250s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D800    180mm    f/4.0    1/500s    1000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:18 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2023 #15 · p.2023 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Samy, lovely soccer shots. I remember some guy called Thierry Henry, I think he was ok. I believe you mentioned "...And he had a hand to play in many a France match at the international level." - I think if you ask any Irishman they will agree quite literally he gave France a 'hand'.

Well, fair-play is quite rare in soccer but I understand the Irish : their anger was justified.
That guy is definitely not a gentleman.

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:45 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.2023 #16 · p.2023 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
[pilot-boat, D7000, 300/4.5 IF-ED, cropped a bit

Georg, I don't have an idea how you were able to get this shot!

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:52 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2023 #17 · p.2023 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Leighton, I like the blue-ish pictures a lot! The leaves against the blue background really "pop".

Thank you Georg and Philippe.

I was walking around like always do taking pictures for the market and noticed this little bit of color left in the branch. I also saw the blue car in the background and knew if I could get in the right position, that I may have a shot. So off I went with my 180 sitting in the middle of the parking lot to get this. Sometimes I think the customers and vendors think I'm pretty strange!

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:56 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2023 #18 · p.2023 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
WOW! Now that's a cool picture! THat boat look was too close to the rocks. I don't care if it is the 300mm lens compressing the view! You wouldn't catch me on it!!!!

THe PP is also great Nice touch on darkening the skies

Good work!

Monty

+1 I love the sky.

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:59 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2023 #19 · p.2023 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Trying to slow down and absorb images from at least some of the pages that have blown by. How did we get ~12 pages in 2 days??

Mike, very moody blacks and greys in that picture!

Chin, the water chestnuts are very well taken, nice color tone.

Ray, every time I have rushed past the last few pages I always stop at the small waterfall in the Smokies. And thanks on the input on the 50 HC.

Dean, weren't you just in S. Africa? Cambodia pictures are wonderful, that would be Hanuman statues I believe, and the cat gliding through is very neat.

Philippe, those lemurs are a treat to look at. Who is the one sticking its tongue out at?

Dan, did you get a 55 1.2 yet? I have an AI'd 55 1.2S and several others here have the 55 1.2SC. The C indicates multicoated and you would get less flare I guess? The AI versions are even newer. There's several people here who have a lot of in depth experience on the 55s.

Laura, looking at that damage makes one cringe, but it sounds like you got Nikki a new life!

Ian, looks like you are new here too, so welcome and great work with the 50 1.2! Wait, now I also saw an excellent image with the 50 1.8 Series E.

Jose, very nice burrowing owls. Last time I was in Florida I went to a place to look for them but they didn't show up outside their holes

Bert, I like the night shot, and the train and confetti shots the most. Nice captures of the SF Giants celebration.

Curtis, thanks for posting the 50mm f2 HC photos, that copy is mintier I guess I am so far gone now, like some of you folks I am looking for little brothers and sisters of my manual lenses j/k, it is fun, and indeed mine was very inexpensive and a treat at that price.

Monty, I like Nikki 003 and 004 (neat dog with quite an ear)! No comment on 005

Nancy, the gymnastics pictures are terrific!!

Curtis, the cat keeping one eye on you and a sweet background is quite a combo!

Leighton, very nice portrait of the bass player.

Rinie, the year old picture of the little girl with the butterfly painted on the face is very nice! And beautiful shots of the rainbow and the fiery sky.

Eric, what a portrait of your youngest. Very nice smile!

Georg, very nice colors and effect in the Ueckermuende (sp?) shot.
____
Samy

Nov 04, 2012 at 03:02 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.2023 #20 · p.2023 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy, nice sports shot of late. Not easy to do with a MF lens. I used to shoot drag racing and had to rely wholly on pre-focusing to get the image.

Nov 04, 2012 at 03:02 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password