Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2019      
       2021              3819       3820       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2020 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Trying out the new toy - 28-45 4.5 zoom. This is a large lens which I find hard to focus. Unfortunately the weather yesterday was very unhelpful - heavy overcast and I only managed one or two exposures. I'll see how it goes this week. (To avoid going back and forth in non CPU I've named this one "25"mm)

Low tide, Leisure Isle

NIKON D200    25mm    f/4.5    1/500s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 07, 2012 at 10:23 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2020 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love this shot Peter. Sometimes the simple subject matter works the best.

Oct 07, 2012 at 10:30 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2020 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A vendor and her tomato, which weighs in at over 2 pounds! I'm loving the 105mm on this camera.

NIKON D600    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    105mm    f/4.0    1/350s    500 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 07, 2012 at 10:31 AM
saph
• • • •
p.2020 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Trying to go as far back as possible on this thread to go through posts. Stopping now since this post is getting too long.

Samy

Leighton, the b&w of the sloping street is very pleasing, it reminds me of a number of years back (before getting into photography) being in San Francisco. Its a nearly empty street with just a couple of cars parked, one van turning in to drive up the street, and a person taking a step onto the curb. Not sure exactly but I think the sparsity of cars and people on the street add to this photo.

Philip, very moving capture of the person on the bench rubbing their eyes.

Peter, all your Kruger shots are very enjoyable to see.

Philippe, the way you compose and frame your subjects is delightful.

Ray, very nice shots of the hawk with both the 180 and 300 AIS lenses! There is one that I saw on the roof that looked very well fed and I wonder if that's why the little bunny I took the picture of recently has not shown up last couple days. The hawk didn't seem to have the patience to wait for me while I ran inside and started to change out the wide angle lens for a tele

Eric, very nice use of available light with your 'new' 105 1.8. And in the next set, is that broken lens glass with stuff growing on it?

Jose, neat pic of the plant lice. Looked them up and their common name may be aphids, they seem to be more prey than predators. And nice shot with the 85 and Vivitar tube of the little flower bud.

Tony, that walkers on the marina is superb capture. If you look closely, there's four legs at exactly the same angle.

Steve, the harbor shots from down under are superb.

Jeff, very elegant "Sea Lights" shot.

Leighton, your red and green peppers look delicious and ready to be chopped and cooked into some delicious meal!

Georg, the second monkey image with the 35 1.4 is super!

Curtis, I am getting crazy enough too now that I saw the grapevine picture and "35 1.4" came to my mind before I saw your caption Very nice way to spend your birthday.

Mike, of the water and rocks and trees all are pleasing but I liked that last one with the trees the most. Leaves one a bit intrigued about that scene.

Ed, beautiful flower and you had some great fall color shots a bit further back!

Monty, i think you are incorrect, Rocky is saying can you get that thing out of my face And the carpet of colored leaves on the ground looks very pleasant. Its really cooled down here today in MD, so I can imagine Wisconsin's even cooler.

Bert, great Blue Angels image! And the light on top of the crop plants is so pleasing!

Jimmy, really enjoyed the seafood market shots on the water.

Oct 07, 2012 at 11:13 AM
asiostygius
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2020 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Dylan - I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You have the talent to use your photography skills professionally. Your images reminds me of street photogs of years past, which is a good thing. Maybe what you should do is get a portfolio together along with the story behind each image, and take it to the local art museum.

+1

Oct 07, 2012 at 11:36 AM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.2020 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Bert, Rafael, Leighton and Samy for the kind comments;

Rolf, congrats on the new 135/2, I loved the leaf on the mossy ground;

Rafael, loved all of your last set, particularly the car + grass;

Wow Leighton, what a gigantic tomatoe!

Oct 07, 2012 at 11:41 AM
deang001
• • •
p.2020 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Oosty wrote:
Dean, it's a pity you're not going to Madikwe. It has a great reputation but there are plenty of other places that are also good.

Rather than buy you may be able to rent a lens from these guys http://www.odprentals.co.za/ It shouldn't be a problem for your associates to fix this up.

Thanks, Peter. Wow, those rental prices are very cheap !

A 400 f/2.8 is tempting, but it's the weight that has me worried. I've probably got enough gear anyway, but I'm going to have a long think about the rental link you sent.

Oct 07, 2012 at 11:46 AM
JimmyChoo
• •
p.2020 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Trying to go as far back as possible on this thread to go through posts. Stopping now since this post is getting too long.

Samy

Jimmy, really enjoyed the seafood market shots on the water.

Not mine Samy. They're Dean's.

Oct 07, 2012 at 12:03 PM
saph
• • • •
p.2020 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Apologies to Dean, gave me a reason to go back and look at the seafood market shots again, they are very pleasant

Leighton, very well captured V-shaped geese squadron (skein).

Peter, the reflected Nile crocodile and the storks stand out in that Kruger set.

Eric, that's disappointing about the 55 1.2. Can be tough to predict what you get if you don't have actual product shots.

Chuong, nice Ohio fall images!

James, was that you who had some stacked picture examples a couple months ago? The flower is superb.

Paul, nice colors and bokeh with the 35 and the 85.

Georg, that tunnel shot is neat. Hopefully you were not driving

Dylan, your street shots are always super!

Matt, looks like a great reunion, and fun to capture it with the 85.

Jose, neat work with the reversing ring. Just happened to come across mine yesterday and it being a rainy day today, may be time to play with a combo of that and the extension tubes.

Rafael, really like the pic of the monster flowering grass and 'vette

Oct 07, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.2020 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

JimmyChoo wrote:
Curtis, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm a recently retired airline pilot from January this year, and I wish I could turn back the clock and do my travels again taking pictures this time with MF Nikkors. I only started following this thread seriously sometime this year, after I stopped flying. And as a result of this, just at the end of last month I acquired 3 MF lenses in 7 days! Talk about this thread causing/inspiring trouble!

I've taken lots of pictures in my travels. And places that have fascinated me without end and made me use my cameras
...Show more

Okay we so have to have coffee one of these days... haha

Oct 07, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

saph
• • • •
p.2020 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Found one more from the walk with the 180 2.8 a couple days ago.

Samy

NIKON D800    180mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    160 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 07, 2012 at 12:47 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2020 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

montym wrote:
Photography humor....

Love it, Monty, as well as the "bullets-shot"!

Oct 07, 2012 at 01:52 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2020 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, the tomato-picture is great. Have you found a lens that doesn't work well for you on the D600?

Peter, I like the ebb-tide-shot a lot! Leighton is right on about the simple subjects :-) The banner-cloud-panorama is breathtaking.

Chuong, very nice tunnel-picture!

Rolf, Glückwunsch zum 135-er! Das Ahornblatt auf der Mauer gefällt mir richtig gut.

Rafael, beautiful work with the 85/1.8! The train-picture and the "tiny" Corvette are my favorites.

Jose, amazing macro-work! I have the older BR2-ring (don't know what the "A" means) and should use it much more. Thanks for the reminder!

Oct 07, 2012 at 02:07 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2020 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Matt OHarver wrote:
I'm going to try and catch up on some comments in the morning. A friend of mine from High school I haven't seen in 20+ years flew in this weekend and we got some of the old gang together for dinner tonight. I really challenged myself and only took the D4 and 85MM F1.4 AIS. Hitting focus with this thing wide open or close is tough, and the DOF is small!
Matt

Matt, stellar work with the 85/1.4! It looks like your friends had a lot of fun - hopefully you didn't concentrate too much on taking pictures...

Oct 07, 2012 at 02:11 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.2020 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Brought the dog out to the Botanic Gardens, spotted this 'natural' archway and let the wife walk through first

50 1.2 AIS

evolution by Zichar, on Flickr

Oct 07, 2012 at 02:14 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2020 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Dylan, your street-work is truly fantastic! So many good portraits - awesome!
Personal favorites are "Eric the Great" (the wide lens works fantastic here), the "Girl with a phone" (love the isolation of her) and the "Helmet".

Oct 07, 2012 at 02:20 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2020 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Brought the dog out to the Botanic Gardens, spotted this 'natural' archway and let the wife walk through first

50 1.2 AIS

Chin, love that shot! I'm not always sure about your titles :-)

Oct 07, 2012 at 02:22 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.2020 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some pictures taken today at the local church - decorated for the thanksgiving-service ("Gottesdienst zum Erntedankfest" in my language):

28/2 Ai at f/2.8 - don't like the chalky tones, but couldn't get rid of them without messing other things up

105/1.8 Ais wide-open

one more taken with the 105/1.8

28/2 Ai again, wide open this time

Oct 07, 2012 at 02:29 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2020 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Chin, love that shot! I'm not always sure about your titles :-)

+1 love it!

Oct 07, 2012 at 02:44 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.2020 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Some pictures taken today at the local church - decorated for the thanksgiving-service ("Gottesdienst zum Erntedankfest" in my language):

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8170/8062691942_3aca08c40a_o.jpg
28/2 Ai at f/2.8 - don't like the chalky tones, but couldn't get rid of them without messing other things up

Georg, very nice set. Judging by this image, the 28mm f2 seems to exhibit more pleasing bokeh than the 35mm f1.4. Have you found this?

Oct 07, 2012 at 02:47 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password