FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6112      
       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

richardHaw

Upload & Sell: Off
p.6113 #1 · p.6113 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

https://richardhaw.com/2017/04/17/repair-auto-nikkor-p-105mm-f2-5/

updated with information on the tickmark and things found nowhere else on the net like how to work with the tickmark version! :o :o :o

Jun 25, 2017 at 09:06 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6113 #2 · p.6113 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

gbohannon wrote:
Your 55/2.8 looks good with that combo. I found I could have used the extra 2/3 stop over my f/3.5 version this week. I may need to keep an eye out for a f/2.8. But of course then something would have to go to fund it and I really have a hard time letting things go

G

Some like the 3.5 version better. But never ever owning one, I have always loved my 2.8 version. I think the bokeh really looks nice from it. Maybe Reagan can give you some pointers on letting things go.

Jun 25, 2017 at 09:30 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.6113 #3 · p.6113 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

the solitaire wrote:
The range on this one was 100 yards. We used some SR-1C targets and had a bit of fun with an M1 Garand and 100 rounds of surplus 30.06 ammo. Got some nice close groupings with that, using the standard iron sights on the Garand.

Adjecsent to the left was a pistol range and to the right another shorter range. I would love to try the Garand on a longer range, but those are hard to find over here.

Great rifle, but HEAVY! I remember shooting one as a kid and I could barely lift it to my eye.

Jun 25, 2017 at 09:32 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.6113 #4 · p.6113 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Some like the 3.5 version better. But never ever owning one, I have always loved my 2.8 version. I think the bokeh really looks nice from it. Maybe Reagan can give you some pointers on letting things go.

Its easy once you get started

Reagan

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:05 AM
markhout
• • •
p.6113 #5 · p.6113 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

6th Ave and 49th St yesterday in hot and humid Manhattan.

24mm 2.8 AIS @ 11 - I recently acquired this lens, and it is definitely one of the best Nikon wideangles that I have seen.

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:09 AM
gbohannon
• • •
p.6113 #6 · p.6113 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

the solitaire wrote:
Manual Nikkors at the shooting range

...using the standard iron sights on the Garand...

Shoot with manual focus glass, shoot with iron sights

G

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:45 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

gbohannon
• • •
p.6113 #7 · p.6113 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:

I did get rid of a number of my F mount lenses to fund the rangefinder stuff. But now picking and choosing which to let go will be much harder. But this last trip did show me how much I can get by with.

G

Edited on Jun 25, 2017 at 11:54 AM · View previous versions

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:50 AM
gbohannon
• • •
p.6113 #8 · p.6113 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

markhout wrote:
6th Ave and 49th St yesterday in hot and humid Manhattan.

24mm 2.8 AIS @ 11 - I recently acquired this lens, and it is definitely one of the best Nikon wideangles that I have seen.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6828225/_DSC6178.jpg

Very nice Mark and I completely agree with your comment on the 24mm. I used to have the 24-70mm AF and realized I shot wide with it most of the time so I sold it and just use the 24mm AIS. I see no difference with it at 24 and is much nicer to carry around just for that focal length.

G

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:53 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.6113 #9 · p.6113 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Yesh, time to shine! Here to fill the void for farmer's market photos!
They're not common here in land scarce Singapore but there are local farms, and a small market scene.

I always look forward to Leighton's photos because I'm a huge fan of farmers' markets; I try to make my way to one wherever on my travels because they have an unbeatable uniqueness to them. From handmade tagliatelle in Denver and kombucha in Brissy, you never know what you're gonna find. And I coulda sworn he once mentioned awhile back that market regulations don't allow for meat of any sort... but recent photos have a butchery and also seafood.

So when my wife showed me their Facebook events page, I knew I had to go, regardless of weather (after days of sweltering heat, it poured and poured starting when I backed into the parking lot). And with a MF Nikon. 28/2.8 AIS.

I see your seafood and raise you...

juvies by Chin KC, on Flickr

oishi by Chin KC, on Flickr

uterine by Chin KC, on Flickr

Just google 'hasma' for that last one...

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:19 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.6113 #10 · p.6113 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

gbohannon wrote:
I did get rid of a number of my F mount lenses to fund the rangefinder stuff. But now picking and choosing which to let go will be much harder. But this last trip did show me how much I can get by with.

G

Make three groups
The ones you want The ones you don't want and The ones your not sure of
Get rid of The ones you don't want and The ones your not sure of because they will be The ones you don't want next time
I do that with everything I have
Watch out Diane

Reagan

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:27 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.6113 #11 · p.6113 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

gbohannon wrote:

G

I know what you mean. That's one reason I only have 3 Fuji lenses and 2 Nikkors.

Jun 25, 2017 at 02:08 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.6113 #12 · p.6113 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Yesh, time to shine! Here to fill the void for farmer's market photos!
They're not common here in land scarce Singapore but there are local farms, and a small market scene.

I always look forward to Leighton's photos because I'm a huge fan of farmers' markets; I try to make my way to one wherever on my travels because they have an unbeatable uniqueness to them. From handmade tagliatelle in Denver and kombucha in Brissy, you never know what you're gonna find. And I coulda sworn he once mentioned awhile back that market regulations don't allow for meat of any
...Show more

Always love market photos, especially from other countries. You're right, each mark is unique from any other, that's what makes them so great!

If you were referring to me about no meat, we can sell any meat that's been USDA inspected and frozen. We just can't sell meats hanging fresh in the open-air.

Jun 25, 2017 at 02:11 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password