1       2       3              6014      
       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6015 #1 · p.6015 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Now that is sad Leighton... Of course, as I say that I'm into my third week without imbibing anything stronger than half a cup of coffee. I guess when the liver is involved in a health crisis, the question about alcohol has to be raised. Personally, I'm trying to reduce my intake of carbohydrates and beer is at the top of the list in that regard. It is often referred to as "liquid bread..." That Talisker whisky has ZERO carbs but I'm still staying away, at least for the moment.

My guess is that if someone shows up at your farm
...Show more

I was just about to tell Steve that I'm afraid I'm on the wagon permanently. No big deal really, as I wasn't a heavy drinker to begin with. However, I will miss my occasional beef on the front porch after a hard day. I haven't tried non-alcoholic beer, but I can't imagine it will come close to the real thing.

But you're right, ALL are welcome to come by and sit on my porch and drink whatever they desire!

As for the beer belly, Barbara is too good a cook for me to ever lose that.

Apr 26, 2017 at 09:39 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.6015 #2 · p.6015 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

James Markus wrote:
Lots of beautiful work everyone! I'm "Liking" madly what I see, and feel like I am living through your adventurers. So, thank you for all images.

I took another walk, more photos. I went armed with only the 105mm f1.8 ais, and a decision to crop in camera. (not a purist thing, but I thought it would force me to be more deliberate in composition.) My hand isn't steady yet - and my thighs are jelly from 10 days in hospital. Getting up from low angles takes pre-planning for some means of support. Hopefully temporary. Here are four from tonight.

http://www.photomatter.com/images/Brackens.jpg
http://www.photomatter.com/images/TreeTop-1.jpg
http://www.photomatter.com/images/TreeTop-2.jpg
http://www.photomatter.com/images/TreeTop-3.jpg

Jim, sounds good looks good. I hope your mending well.

Apr 26, 2017 at 09:41 AM
James Markus
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6015 #3 · p.6015 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Curtis. My 98 year old mother expressed similar thoughts..."you gotta keep moving, Jim". Trying to live that now.

CGrindahl wrote:
Glad you're getting out Jim. The old adage definitely applies to us old timers... "use it or lose it..." Good luck on your healing journey.

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

James Markus
• • • •
p.6015 #4 · p.6015 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Laura, Of course you are correct. I actually own many canes, and shillelaghs. About six years ago I had very bad neuropathy, and used a cane for six months. In fact, it spurred a massive MF Nikkor buying spree as I sold off all my long AF glass. Once I had that arrested - I threw the support aside, gladly. Thanks for the practical reminder.

. NightOwl Cat wrote:
Jim, a cane runs about $20,. or one of those folding stools that you can carry along and unfold to give you something to push up on, when getting up off the ground. I've got the cane (when I turned wrong and pulled a muscle that made it very difficult to walk without pain meds on board too) and the folding stool which comes to air shows with me too, in case I'm not at the fence. Also use it for the sunflower field for a different angle..

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:18 AM
James Markus
• • • •
p.6015 #5 · p.6015 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Leighton. I hope you have restoration of health as well, and that Barbara is well.

leighton w wrote:
Jim, sounds good looks good. I hope your mending well.

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:23 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.6015 #6 · p.6015 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

James Markus wrote:
Thanks Leighton. I hope you have restoration of health as well, and that Barbara is well.

Thanks Jim and Barbara is well, just tired from having to do my job as well as hers. Went to the doctor yesterday, two more weeks of sitting on my butt.

Apr 26, 2017 at 11:27 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password