Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2010 · #408 Best Friends

eager
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #408 Best Friends

WA #408 Best Friends

Mark Twain once said:
"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Some dogs just love their little boys!

Your comments are always appreciated.

-eager

Edited on Jul 30, 2010 at 12:10 AM · View previous versions

Jul 29, 2010 at 05:16 AM
robertjm
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #408 Best Friends

I always love it when dogs turn their heads like that. Adds soooooo much expression.

Jul 29, 2010 at 07:49 PM
CDalessandro
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #408 Best Friends

Not sure why you posted the words of Mark Twain and hopefully not true in this case...however the image is precious!

Carolyn

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:32 PM
eager
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #408 Best Friends

CDalessandro wrote:
Not sure why you posted the words of Mark Twain and hopefully not true in this case...however the image is precious!

Carolyn

Thanks for your comments!

I certainly didn't mean to make it sound like someone was beating the dog.
I have modified the Mark Twain quote to a different one which may match the image more closely.

-eager

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:11 AM
robertjm
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #408 Best Friends

Eek! I didn't even see the first quote the first time around. Glad you changed it.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:20 AM
eager
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #408 Best Friends

robertjm wrote:
Eek! I didn't even see the first quote the first time around. Glad you changed it.

The first quote was ACTUALLY only half of a quote, I cut it off because I didn't want to offend any CAT people out there. Obviously, it was a mistake as it changed the feel of the whole thing. The point was the dogs are forgiving...cats will hold a grudge.

The full original quote is as follows:
"By what right has the DOG come to be regarded as a "noble" animal? The more brutal and cruel and unjust you are to him the more your fawning and adoring slave he becomes; whereas, if you shamefully misuse a CAT once she will always maintain a dignified reserve toward you afterward you will never get her full confidence again. "

Jul 30, 2010 at 05:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #408 Best Friends

Great expressions! Dogs and Kids just seem to go hand in hand. Even us big kids!

Greg

Jul 31, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Chad Schulz
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #408 Best Friends

Like the photo. But the inclusion of the frame bugs me a bit. Great expression on the faces.

Chad

Aug 04, 2010 at 06:19 AM
JAlexander
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #408 Best Friends

Love that they are both "smiling".

Aug 04, 2010 at 07:37 AM
Carolyn1250
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #408 Best Friends

I'm with Chad, I love the subjects, the boy and the dog - both are amazing in front of the lens. They don't need the frame and it makes me go, huh, why? Just the boy and the dog would have been much more powerful.

But I still like it, just maybe am a minimalist when it comes to people/animals.

Aug 04, 2010 at 11:45 AM
eager
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #408 Best Friends

Thank you so much for all the comments!

I sort of agree with the comments about the frame, now that you bring it up.

You see, originally, I wasn't at all sure that the picture was going to turn out looking anything like "togetherness" and I thought the frame would "force" the issue. Neither one of these subjects typically stops moving for any longer than a few seconds and I thought I had little chance of getting them both in focus, looking at the camera, AND looking like they were "together".

As it turned out, I had about 10 minutes with these two before they both got bored and abruptly abandoned me to pursue other interests.

-eager

Aug 04, 2010 at 02:25 PM
monochrome
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #408 Best Friends

Clever entry, good luck, got my vote.

I think adding the frame adds to the image. I would play with cropping down to just the frame to see what might be there.

Aug 04, 2010 at 03:34 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password