Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2010 · Olympus OM 21mm lenses. Whats the deal?

Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Olympus OM 21mm lenses. Whats the deal?

kakomu, if they're too limp-wristed to turn a zoom or focus ring it's their loss.

----------------

Kind of in the same tone I don't understand the talk about weight and size - at least for myself. I could understand it if the person had to carry 20 or 30 lenses around but we're usually doing between 1 and 4. I could also understand it if we were talking about long lenses. But all of the 20mm to 40mm lenses are so close to the same I'd be hard pressed to believe that anyone could even tell the difference - it's not like any of them are too heavy or too bulky. In conversation here and elsewhere I accept that others consider such things but I almost always puff my breath in disbelief first.

Jul 28, 2010 at 02:36 PM
cogitech
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Olympus OM 21mm lenses. Whats the deal?

Bifurcator wrote:
Kind of in the same tone I don't understand the talk about weight and size - at least for myself. I could understand it if the person had to carry 20 or 30 lenses around but we're usually doing between 1 and 4. I could also understand it if we were talking about long lenses. But all of the 20mm to 40mm lenses are so close to the same I'd be hard pressed to believe that anyone could even tell the difference - it's not like any of them are too heavy or too bulky. In conversation here and elsewhere
...Show more

A 10hr hike to Jomon Sugi and back might tweak your perspective on this. I don't speak from experience, but I'll be taking the trek in August and I'm seriously debating which lenses I will bring. Weight will certainly be a factor, because I like to have a lot of lenses with me. This puts my Zuiko 28/3.5 and/or 24/2.8 near the top of the list, along with the tiny Tamron 17/3.5. I save enough weight there that the Rokkor 58/1.2 and Rokinon 85/1.4 can be justified. Not sure about the FD 300/4 L...

Jul 28, 2010 at 04:02 PM
phidong
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Olympus OM 21mm lenses. Whats the deal?

I did a 3 day hike recently with my 5D2, 17-40L, 10-17 fisheye, and 90mm macro.. I can tell you that by the end of the last day I wish I had a Oly 24/2.8 instead of my 18 oz 17-40 and that I had left the 90mm macro at home..

Jul 29, 2010 at 03:22 AM
AmbientMike
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Olympus OM 21mm lenses. Whats the deal?

Oly has nice lenses. The 21/2 you are probably paying for the aperture, which at 21 most people won't use. would love to have one , though. 24/2.8 probably one of the best 24mm ever, and not that expensive. I'm not that sold on af for wide angle, the sigma might be good though, esp. on aps where the corners get cut off.

Aug 31, 2010 at 06:37 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password