FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              999      
       1001              1382       1383       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1000 #1 · p.1000 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice little article on shooting weddings with the M....

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2014/09/24/weddings-through-a-leica-by-bailey-wang/

Sep 25, 2014 at 04:03 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1000 #2 · p.1000 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

35cron asph

Sep 26, 2014 at 02:00 AM
lostinjapan
• • •
p.1000 #3 · p.1000 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Hi All,

Out for a walk on the beach this morning and came across a guy surfing or more accurately skimming I was told.
All shot on the M240 and 90mm Summicron, save the last one.

Ryan

lostinjapan 2013

90mm Summicon @f2.8

lostinjapan 2013

90mm Summicron at f2.8

lostinjapan 2013

90mm Summicron at f/2.8

lostinjapan 2013

21mm ASPH Elmarit at f8

Sep 26, 2014 at 04:08 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1000 #4 · p.1000 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Thanks Edward and yes, you are correct. If you are looking at the image, it is at the 7 o'clock position. If you are looking directly at the mount of the camera body, it is 5 o'clock. It is not a huge deal but one which I would prefer not to have to deal with.... I will let you know what Zeiss says.

If I'm not mistaken, the 7 o'clock position coincides with 1 o'clock position on the sensor plane. That would indicate a light leak from the VF, which is very common with Leica M bodies. Of course, the most probable reason of the leak is a screw position.

Btw, M bodies have never been a good option for long exposures. The VF light leaks have been well documented since the early M film bodies.

Sep 26, 2014 at 08:20 AM
xenon99
• •
p.1000 #5 · p.1000 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

hi! im from leica r user migrate to M.

Leica M Noctilux 50mm f1.0 V4
DSC01795-3 by sylimphoto, on Flickr

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1000 #6 · p.1000 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, the 7 o'clock position coincides with 1 o'clock position on the sensor plane. That would indicate a light leak from the VF, which is very common with Leica M bodies. Of course, the most probable reason of the leak is a screw position.

Btw, M bodies have never been a good option for long exposures. The VF light leaks have been well documented since the early M film bodies.

Thanks Edward. I was not aware that there were issues with light leaks through the VF on M's. I knew about this with DSLRs and I often covered up the VF during longer exposures. Will have to research this one further.... And yes, I realize that M's are not the best tool for longer exposures. However, whenever I hear such claims it makes me want to try it out for myself.

Sep 26, 2014 at 02:10 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1000 #7 · p.1000 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Following is the response from Zeiss-Germany in case anyone is interested.... Guess I will need to steal a scrunchie from my daughter.

This problem has two basic reasons which in addition lead to a massive light incidence/ fogging : We call it "Light Leakage"

1. The first is the Leica M- mount :
The M- mount has some weakness respect to light leakage , since in parts of the mount the light protection is just given by the bayonet flange. At these places the cylinder of the lens bayonet has no contact to the camera mount. Thus analogue LEICA bodies have a shielding mask. The top right hand corner is the weakest point due to the rangefinder coupling lever (which means the bottom right side of the image). Just look at a M9 body and you will recognize that the rangefinder coupling lever mechanism take the place for a effective light protection.

2. Screw positions of ZM lenses :
We`ve changed the screw position of our ZM lenses due to some demands of digital cameras ( coding). Now one screw position is directly at the weakest point of the camera bayonet flange. That is a possible entrance for light when doing some extreme applications like long exposure images at bright sunshine ( using ND filters). The light which surrounded the camera crawls through bearing area between camera flange and bayonet flange.

We can`t change the bayonet on a current ZM lens (with "new" screw position) because there is no place for further screw holes.
There are two ways to avoid this fogging :
Use a little piece of black velvet over the bayonet groove when taking such pictures.
Or some black sealing compound over the screw head which is face to face to the rangefinder coupling lever.

You see this application is very critical and not only a problem of our ZM lenses (Some Leica lenses show the same leakage).
But critical applications call for unusual solutions. And the two advices ( especially the first one) will avoid the fogging in the best way.

Sep 26, 2014 at 03:15 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1000 #8 · p.1000 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you Gary! Exactly what I thought

Sep 26, 2014 at 04:15 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.1000 #9 · p.1000 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great info there Gary, TY for sharing. Also love that last B&W with 35 cron. Would love to see some long exposure and maybe tell us if/what filters, etc.

@xenon gorgeous!!

@Lostinjapan, beautiful mood you make at the beach!

Last nite I rode my mtn bike to here and started walking around

L1021125 by unoh7, zm18 @f/4 I'm not at infinity here, but focused on the sign.

L1021160 by unoh7, zm18 @f/11
The lens is incredibly strong at f/11.

L1021205 by unoh7, 50 cron F/8

L1021196 by unoh7, 50 cron f/8

L1021184 by unoh7, CV 90 f/5.6
I'm getting the impression this lens is more crisp on the M9 than the A7.

Sep 26, 2014 at 06:04 PM
denoir
• • • •
p.1000 #10 · p.1000 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Long time no see guys I'm about 500 pages behind in this thread but really awsome shots on the past few pages.

I have not been doing much photography lately, mostly because I've been too busy changing diapers - our son August was born end of July and my focus has been entirely on that.

Anyway, we took a road trip to Denmark a couple of weeks ago to show him to the family (my wife is Danish) and I brought along the M9 and actually took some photos.

In somewhat random order:

Bjertorp manor, north of Gothenburg where we spent a night on the way home, featuring August, 8 weeks old:

Two vehicles this road trip... :

To be honest, as a first time parent what shocked me the most was the absurd logistics when travelling with a baby. Our car is not exactly in the small department and yet we had problems with fitting all the stuff in. I'm hoping that things get a bit better when he gets older...

Anyway, Egeskov castle on Fyn in Denmark where we did the only touristing this trip:

A few pictures from my sister in law who lives in Jylland in a very traditional Danish farm house:

Finally two mandatory baby pictures, as that is what I'm doing mostly these days

It's not always easy being a baby ...

Anyway, I'm hoping to get more photo time in the future.. I'm thinking that stroller walks are ideal for bringing a camera along.

Sep 26, 2014 at 08:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.1000 #11 · p.1000 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congrats on the new arrival!

And if you went up a couple of sizes on the stroller, you could probably just drive that.

Sep 26, 2014 at 08:24 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1000 #12 · p.1000 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congratulations Luka! Great to see you posting again. That last picture is quite funny....

Sep 26, 2014 at 08:54 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.1000 #13 · p.1000 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Luka, Congratulation! welcome to FM Dad club. Great images as always.

The first rain here in five month. My son enjoy it even more than farmers and California government.

35cron V1 on the way to school...

Sep 26, 2014 at 09:29 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1000 #14 · p.1000 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Wow, congratulations! So that's what kept you busy

FM Dad club, eh? Where do I apply

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1000 #15 · p.1000 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Carsten - you will need to buy another Leica in order to qualify.

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:13 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1000 #16 · p.1000 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A Leica what? How many Leica things do I need to qualify?

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:33 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.1000 #17 · p.1000 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

carstenw wrote:

With M60, you can apply Chairman of FDC.

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1000 #18 · p.1000 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

carstenw wrote:

Sep 27, 2014 at 01:11 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.1000 #19 · p.1000 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congratulations denoir! I like to think of child accessories at an S curve... Lots of large items when they are teeny, then a nice respite when they are small boys, but then a huge upswing when they hit sports and extra friends. Fortunately with technology, you'll only ever really need an iPad to keep them entertained while traveling.

Sep 27, 2014 at 01:38 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.1000 #20 · p.1000 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congratulations Luka!!! Wow, great shots and many more to come

Great shots everyone, as I have been watching and truly enjoying the stream, and liking of course

Edited on Sep 27, 2014 at 02:58 AM · View previous versions

Sep 27, 2014 at 01:41 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password