Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              987      
       989              1081       1082       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

neopan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.988 #1 · p.988 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Charles, Great low light set w the M. Good to see you take advantage of higher ISO
Edward, great B&W Aikido action set. The ZM85 has a nice rendition on the M... 2nd dan black belt is impressive... have fun on your trip
Katie, nice work with the 35/1.2. the close up is my favorite of the 3
RickPerry, congratulation on the X
Michael, fantastic landscape with the cron (as well as the images in the other threads)... the colors of the coastal rocks and ocean look so beautiful
airfrogusmc, that's pretty sweet. congratulations on the upcoming exhibit
Salvador, nice captures at the Pasadena Chalk Festival. completely forgot about it this year
Flash, that bus motion/panning abstract is pretty sweet

Here are some the Seattle portion of the trip
M9+ZM25

M9+35 Lux pre-Asph

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:53 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.988 #2 · p.988 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Lovely shots all! Yes Katie still have the GR, basically got it and put it in my camera closet

Plan on using it this weekend and posting in the GR thread, assuming I don't sell it before then

I might pull it out, seems like a nice supplementary camera to go with my Leica or A7 when I get to lazy to MF, so far I really love it for it's IQ, has a few quirks but I can adjust for those like underexposed images

Phil

M9 w/35 FLE

Jun 18, 2014 at 01:13 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.988 #3 · p.988 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Did I mention that I really like my Canon 50/1.4 ltm?

Canon 50/1.4 ltm

Jun 18, 2014 at 02:31 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.988 #4 · p.988 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

One from camping last weekend...

21SEM

Jun 18, 2014 at 04:09 AM
salvaz
• •
p.988 #5 · p.988 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary, the Canon 50/1.4 does put out a nice image.

Jun 18, 2014 at 04:22 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.988 #6 · p.988 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Awesome images and sentiments above.

L1014785-2 by unoh7, ZM35 f/2 @ f/9.5

last week.

PS Allen hope we get to see some stills from your show !

Jun 18, 2014 at 08:18 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.988 #7 · p.988 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much for the comments and likes everyone!

Last page:

Phil, nice set and interesting color treatment.

Gary, I'm sorry but I don't have any. I don't think they're commonly used here in Asia.

Salvador, great compositions and colors. Nicely done.

Zhangyue, perfect timing and crisp detail. Very nice!

Katie, love the ambience and atmosphere. I can feel the calm.

Gordon, really like the motion blur in the 1st shot.

This page:

Neopan, thanks Nice work with the 25 biogon!

Gary, I really can see why you love the Canon 50 /1.4. Great shot! Very nice landscape too!

Charlie, like the color combination.

Jun 18, 2014 at 08:49 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.988 #8 · p.988 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

From my lunch break today with the 35 biogon:

L1001191 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1001192 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1001194 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Jun 18, 2014 at 09:22 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.988 #9 · p.988 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great images as always on this, the 'most-family' thread in the FM Alt section!

I had been way from this thread for a few weeks, concentrating more elsewhere, but I've been back recently and trying to keep up.

Some congrats in order:

Charles K - hearty congratulations on your wedding to Marisa

Allen - fantastic to read about your upcoming exhibitions in NYC and Chicago.

Katie - for buying that expensive (we say "exxy" here) Summilux 50 and the example shots.

Edward and Rattymouse - have great holidays and take lots of pics!

With mucho embarrassment I have to confess that I bought another M9, mere weeks after selling my first one that took 6 mths for a sensor replacement, but this one is for keeps (thanks Ryan K for the deal).

I have recently been made redundant from my government (defence civilian) job, but after being there for nearly 23 years it wasn't a financially painful parting and I'm applying for contract positions already
Meanwhile I'm enjoying more shooting time. Today I was out with my 1955 DS M3, my M8 and a Cron 40, CV21/4 and CV90/3.5APO.

Main intent was to shoot the M8 in IR mode using the CV21. If I end up with anything I'm happy with I will post.

As a retiree (at least for a period), I am looking forward to riding my motorbike all the way from Canberra to Ayers Rock (Uluru) in late Sept - mid Oct - about a 2 week trip. I'm sure a Leica will be in my photo arsenal on the trip.

I note the 50/1.4 LTM in vogue on here - I neglected that lens until recently but I must say I like it a lot. I've just agreed to buy a cheap Summilux 50 here (V1 and not without issues), so I will be interested in comparing it with my LTM.

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:51 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.988 #10 · p.988 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I just got rid of my mint 50 1.4 Canon LTM before my trip (needed space in my dry cab and can't buy anymore dry cabs as I'm starting to look like I own a shop).. Honestly didn't have time for it, and the person who's using it now is doing so with a special edition, chrom Monochrom, so I think it's a good fit for him. I have WAY to many 50mm lenses for me to notice it missing.

Prague is alright, wishing I would have brought a 21mm, any good cheap Leica dealers?

Jun 18, 2014 at 08:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

charles.K
• • • •
p.988 #11 · p.988 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much for the kind works and likes!!
Also Lenticular, thank for the kind Wedding wishes too. You are right, this forum is very respectful and has the family feel to it, which is a pleasure to be part of it
Salvador, love those street paintings!
Michael, stunning seascape! Out of all my lenses, the 50 Lux never fails. Easy to focus, fast and very light, and rarely ever slips out of calibration.
Katie, thank you Very neat capture with the low light around. I find Nik Define 2.0 very handy for low light, with the M9 and M240. I am always amazed how the M9/MM and M240 that with a 35mm lens, it is very possible to use 1/15sec with high ISO's. This somewhat negates a lot of the discussion here on the forum, just how well some cameras cope with the high ISO's. Combine a fast small lens on a M, 1/15 to 1/25 sec exposure and you have a 2 to 3 stop advantage over many other FF, for similar settings. I know with the A7r, I routinely use 1/125 sec to make sure there is no camera shake.
Adam, I agree that it can be quicker to focus with a 50 Lux and M240 is very quick to focus and nail it 99% of the time. I will say though the A7r combine with the FE 55, is also about 98% accurate, but with MF lenses it is quite slow.
Gordon, very nice street set.
Neopan, thank you I really like the ZM 25 and the FOV for travel shots.
Gary, just love the B&W shot!!
Charlie, very cool capture!
Edward, love the lighting near the Skytrain terminals in Bangkok. Makes for great portraits and street scenes.

Jun 19, 2014 at 01:23 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.988 #12 · p.988 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A mixed bag of landscape goodies for today.....

90cron pre-AA

50lux ASPH

90cron pre-AA

35cron asph

Edited on Jun 19, 2014 at 02:16 AM · View previous versions

Jun 19, 2014 at 01:52 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.988 #13 · p.988 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jun 19, 2014 at 02:03 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.988 #14 · p.988 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

The ultra rare and elusive pre-teen. Leica M-E, 50 Lux ASPH and a single strobe in a reflective umbrella.

Jun 19, 2014 at 02:15 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.988 #15 · p.988 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great work, all.
50lux WO

Jun 19, 2014 at 04:26 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.988 #16 · p.988 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Charles and David for the kind words and everyone for the likes!

David, I'm a bit surprised you re-bought an M9 but it's a wise choice nonetheless. Enjoy!

Gary, stunning landscapes!

Allen, very nice group shot. Perfect expressions on everyone's face and the lighting is perfect.

Katie, that's a true portrait that really shows the emotion of the moment.

Zhangyue, beautiful colors and nice asymmetrical composition.

Jun 19, 2014 at 04:55 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.988 #17 · p.988 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Thank you very much for the kind works and likes!!
Also Lenticular, thank for the kind Wedding wishes too. You are right, this forum is very respectful and has the family feel to it, which is a pleasure to be part of it
Salvador, love those street paintings!
Michael, stunning seascape! Out of all my lenses, the 50 Lux never fails. Easy to focus, fast and very light, and rarely ever slips out of calibration.
Katie, thank you Very neat capture with the low light around. I find Nik Define 2.0 very handy for low light, with the M9 and M240. I
...Show more

I have no issues with focus accuracy (I think AF in almost all cameras are accurate, but lens design is bad, especially in Canon). With the A7(r) the focusing accuracy is great, but it has a hard time locking on. And with backlight it's bad, and in near twilight conditions its bad.. In high contrast non backlight situations it's perfectly quick and can out perform my M240 skills (but only while I'm walking and the subject is walking, at a stand still I think I might be almost on par with A7 AF).

I shot a wedding with two A7 cameras (35FE and 55FE), and an A7r with mirror adapter (24ZA and 85ZA lenses).. Found that the mirror adapter made the focusing slightly faster, but still not as fast/accurate as I'd like for fast moving (dancing) subjects. Honestly, keeper rate (in focus shots, not blinking etc) seems to be on par or better from the M240 (of the images I've seen thus far).

When shooting Canon or Nikon or Sony (Alpha) in the dark, I find that sometimes my lenses hunt, the second something hunts I'd rather be using a M240.. But other then that, I think an M240 is an inferior tool for wedding work. What I mean is, mentally it's a hassle to MF, and it can distract from my style of shooting. I don't machine gun EVER, but I do focus and recompose and sometimes the split second I need to RF and recompose can cause a scene to change, and the frame lines sometimes distract me, and I end up second guessing my compositions. ALSO the frame lines are wonky, so I find myself shooting not as tight as I'd like, and .7m can definitely be a problem with the wider lenses.

I'll talk more about this when I have more time to organise my thoughts into easy reading points.. But I'm going to head out and make the most of my Prague travels!

Sorry I haven't commented individually on images, but I've been looking!! (Think I have to start using the like button, keep forgetting there's one.)

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:31 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.988 #18 · p.988 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

My fungal-infected Lux V1 impresses despite its condition. It will go off for a clean tomorrow.

I was part of a charity gathering of bikes today. Something distracted me from the task in hand...

Distracted, ISO80, f2.8, M9, 50 Lux (V1)

Jun 19, 2014 at 01:02 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.988 #19 · p.988 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Weather forecast was spot on, from 6pm to about 8pm rain, then it clears up nicely with a clear night. I really was hoping that walking up there at rain would pay of in some nice light, when the sun gets down.

But i need to look out for some new tours!

howling wolf ;-)

Jun 19, 2014 at 05:48 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.988 #20 · p.988 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for comments and likes.

Katie, 28cron don't have any weakness after f5.6 to my eyes. and I have been more picky since start doing some landscape shots.

Peter: Love the set, #3 is my fav

More 28cron from weeks earlier

another composition

Jun 19, 2014 at 09:18 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password