1       2       3              987      
       989              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.988 #1 · p.988 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
I stay out of the sun as much as possible.

Sep 07, 2014 at 06:30 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.988 #2 · p.988 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
I'd probably also take a look at this: http://blog.perkins.org.uk
In case you do need to recover files that are to dark.

Will do when I get a moment. So I guess it seems it's not particularly wise to underexpose either then. I should probably just try and get a good exposure above everything else

p.s. I am the whitest person ever, I burn terrible. I also try to run from the sun

Sep 07, 2014 at 06:40 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.988 #3 · p.988 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Mescalamba wrote:
Given price of Leica, in some countries, you hold value of average new car in your hand. Plus seeing Monochrom outside shop is like black unicorn. I would probably look in amazement too.. Never saw anyone with Leica anyway here.

Wait a minute - you didn't see me and my Leica there a few months ago?!?

Sep 07, 2014 at 06:50 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.988 #4 · p.988 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Wait a minute - you didn't see me and my Leica there a few months ago?!?

In person.

Sep 07, 2014 at 08:17 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.988 #5 · p.988 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I usually shoot in "A" with the M9, and don't allow it over 800. I just watch the shutter in the finder and usually adjust aperture if I need faster, usually for water, which I prefer to freeze.

However, I have the auto exposure set to - 2/3, so I don't blow the highlights.

Great to hear the various methods

Sep 08, 2014 at 12:30 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.988 #6 · p.988 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very interesting to read everyone's method of shooting. I currently am using a set ISO (not auto) and aperture priority and simply adjust EC to my liking. I have and will occasionally use auto ISO when I know I'll be moving in and out of lighting conditions and want to shoot on the fly.

Sep 08, 2014 at 12:58 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.988 #7 · p.988 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

ricardovaste wrote:
@edward burningheart @airfrogusmc Interesting! Any reason why you two don't use autoISO in M mode? Do you just not like knowing what ISO it's choosing, or you want to have a specific look to an image (eg low ISO, better colours etc)? I only recently discovered it with my Sony but wouldn't want to shoot any other way now, gives me the control I like anyway.

On my DSLrs I shoot aperture priority with ISO set to my choosing. Occasionally I would switch to manual mode. I prefer to shoot at the lowest ISOs available when feasable. The one exception is my 5D MKII which I shoot at ISO 160 which supposedly has lower noise. Using the monochrom I find going fully manual is easier for me. Though I typically shoot scenics and historical type buildings speed is not an issue.

Sep 08, 2014 at 01:33 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.988 #8 · p.988 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

21SEM

35cron asph

35cron asph

35cron asph

35cron asph

Sep 08, 2014 at 02:09 AM
tophoto.
• •
p.988 #9 · p.988 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Tom Barrows by Thomas O'Connell, on Flickr

90 cron pre asph e55

Sep 08, 2014 at 02:58 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.988 #10 · p.988 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Very interesting to read everyone's method of shooting. I currently am using a set ISO (not auto) and aperture priority and simply adjust EC to my liking. I have and will occasionally use auto ISO when I know I'll be moving in and out of lighting conditions and want to shoot on the fly.

Perfect spot for the flare Katie...

Sep 08, 2014 at 03:17 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.988 #11 · p.988 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Mescalamba wrote:
In person.

Yeah I was also there for two weeks.. I ran into someone who knew what Leica cameras were, and he chatted me up.
Actually I was running around with two M cameras around my neck.

Sep 08, 2014 at 04:55 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.988 #12 · p.988 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

@Gary: Great series! It almost seems familiar but not too familiar, where are you here??

burningheart wrote:
On my DSLrs I shoot aperture priority with ISO set to my choosing. Occasionally I would switch to manual mode. I prefer to shoot at the lowest ISOs available when feasable. The one exception is my 5D MKII which I shoot at ISO 160 which supposedly has lower noise. Using the monochrom I find going fully manual is easier for me. Though I typically shoot scenics and historical type buildings speed is not an issue.

It's funny, the way I use my DSLR's is completely different to how I've described in this discussion, closer to what you do. With them, I am mostly in M mode or A mode but always with AEL Spot Lock enabled (so complete control and flexibility). I'd absolutely never use autoISO with those. Mostly because the difference between ISO 200 and even ISO 400-800 can be quite big, especially when it comes to colour. So I require that control (for weddings). It's also a lot more controlled, so I might be in a space for a long time or doing a sequence of images which should all have equal exposure values for consistency (and makes editing easier of course).

Whereas with a "smaller camera", eg the Leica, it's really only personal stuff. So absolute consistency isn't important. Nor is colour, as I'm 90-95% B&W for that. But ease of use is important, so just having the camera work at the settings I want it to is above all the other stuff... and really, as mentioned, I have a huge amount of control even if still using AutoISO. It's all intuitive too, no menu diving or fiddly controls.

Interesting to know how you all use them though, I don't think any of us are all that far apart, we just use them for different things and enjoy different ways of working

Sep 08, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.988 #13 · p.988 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

ricardovaste wrote:
@Gary: Great series! It almost seems familiar but not too familiar, where are you here??

Thanks Richard. This set was taken at (or near) Fisherman's Bastion on Castle Hill in Budapest.

Sep 08, 2014 at 02:07 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.988 #14 · p.988 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Circ Hop
Chapter 3

We had waltzed up the sheep circ:

L1019951 by unoh7, 28 cron f/13
and made it to the col leading to the last circ in our loop, Saphire Circ

Looking for the first time at Circ Lake

L1019977 by unoh7, SEM 21 f/9.5

and just to the left

L1019972 by unoh7, SEM 21 f/8

above Circ Lake

L1019982 by unoh7, 50cron f/8

Circ, Saphire and Cove lake

L1019975 by unoh7, SEm 21 f/5.7

Head of Circ lake:

L1019988 by unoh7, 50 cron f/8

L1020011 by unoh7, SEM 21 f/4.8

Saphire Lake:

L1020009 by unoh7, SEM 21 f/4.8

L1020021 by unoh7, SEM 21 f/4

Cove Lake:

L1020024 by unoh7, SEM 21 f/9.5

Next up: last chapter
the struggle home.

Sep 08, 2014 at 05:53 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.988 #15 · p.988 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Thanks Richard. This set was taken at (or near) Fisherman's Bastion on Castle Hill in Budapest.

Oh that might explain it then, my partner visited Budapest a couple of years ago with her family... She was equipped with a Leica Minilux though, so hers look a little different to yours! (Still a really nice lens though).

Just found a 50/1.5 Nokton in the UK so I decided to order, even though I'm happy to just live at 35mm, though it might be fun to play with on occasion, and it's not like it's going to lose value anytime soon. I figure I'll have to code it though, so it brings up the right framelines.

Sep 08, 2014 at 09:55 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.988 #16 · p.988 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Richard - is the 50 Nokton an ltm mount version? If so, you can always buy an adapter which already has the grooves for the coding milled into the flange.

Sep 08, 2014 at 10:01 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.988 #17 · p.988 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Richard - is the 50 Nokton an ltm mount version? If so, you can always buy an adapter which already has the grooves for the coding milled into the flange.

Nope, it's the M version, so slightly more difficult I guess . I'll see though, coding might not be essential...

Sep 08, 2014 at 10:11 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.988 #18 · p.988 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Pretty sure it's the lens mount flange that brings up the correct frame lines on the M240, just as with every past M camera.

I just messed around with manual code settings on the M240 and the frame lines don't change from what I had mounted (28 Cron), for example, if I set it to a 50mm lens instead.

I don't think you need to worry about coding the Nokton. I have the LTM version and never bothered with it. Generally it's not critical for 50mm lenses. It will be convenient, however, for differentiating between your lenses when you edit/review images.

Sep 09, 2014 at 12:06 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.988 #19 · p.988 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

1st Video class tonight cancelled because it is a snow day. Okay it sounds better than the instructor was called out of town, on the other hand it is snowing. Anways a few shots from a couple of storms I was driving through over the last couple of weeks.

Lux 50

APO 90

ZM 35/2

Voigtlander 15 -from a different storm

Sep 09, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Andrew Gough
• • • •
p.988 #20 · p.988 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Cross post from another thread.

Sep 09, 2014 at 12:47 AM
1       2       3              987