FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              984      
       986              1382       1383       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rscheffler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.985 #1 · p.985 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congrats freitz! Glad to see you've moved quickly with your acquisitions. Is this with the 35 FLE?

Sep 05, 2014 at 02:23 AM
freitz
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.985 #2 · p.985 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Congrats freitz! Glad to see you've moved quickly with your acquisitions. Is this with the 35 FLE?

Yup. Wide Open I believe. Here is another testing it out with my wife. Everything seems sharp and colors seems great. Trying to compare vs my 24-70 MKII shots with the 6D

Wife helping me test the Camera

Sep 05, 2014 at 02:27 AM
joanlvh
• • •
p.985 #3 · p.985 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I appreciate looking at photography in this thread.

between the ZM 35 2.8 and the sumaritt 35 2.5 which is the least clinical more character lens?
thanks
l
eica x2

Sep 05, 2014 at 03:20 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.985 #4 · p.985 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I'm more and more interested in the Summarit. I find that the bokeh is more to my liking with that lens. Although I have no need for another 35mm lens.

Honestly quite shocked Zeiss is releasing a ZM after telling me they didn't have time for it.

Katie - cute pic!
zhangyue - love the colours, like something out of land of the lost.
uhoh7 - Nice variety of lenses, I like the colours in the second shot.
rscheffler - Nice Sonnar shots. First one is my favourite.
freitz - Nice shots.. Glad you're getting along with your gear so far. (Ron, last time we talked freitz had bought the 35FLE so I assume so).
joanlvh - I like the placement of the lamp to the building.

Sep 05, 2014 at 04:53 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.985 #5 · p.985 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Taylor Sherman wrote:
Did you mean me? Good point, though it still looks a bit fat relative to the size of the mount. Anyway, I'm definitely excited to find out more about it!

Yep, sorry for the confusion

Indeed it may look so from the posted silhouette. It's only a few days before we meet the real thing.

Sep 05, 2014 at 07:32 AM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.985 #6 · p.985 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

ricardovaste wrote:
My first thoughts were "VSCO" . But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... you just see a lot of it in the wedding industry right now.

Heh, probably true.. Im not using VSCO, so dunno if it looks like that. Didnt occur to me as option, well lets see if nicoimages confirm or deny that.

Sep 05, 2014 at 08:42 AM
nicoimages
• •
p.985 #7 · p.985 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Mescalamba wrote:
Heh, probably true.. Im not using VSCO, so dunno if it looks like that. Didnt occur to me as option, well lets see if nicoimages confirm or deny that.

Thank you all for your kind comments. You have all come very close. I am using the Replichrome Film emulation pre-sets in Lightroom as a starting point and then tweak individual hues/colours in Lightroom. After that doing some additional post processing in ColorEfex - using the Procontrast Filter and Contrast Only filters to tone down the dynamic range of the image a bit further.

Sep 05, 2014 at 09:35 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.985 #8 · p.985 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Don't know if you saw this... http://leicarumors.com/2014/09/04/leica-planning-to-offer-a-partial-m-p-upgrade-to-existing-m-240-owners.aspx/#more-30022

"The Leica Camera AG is planning to offer an upgrade for this model M as well. This gives our M (Type 240) customers the opportunity to equip their camera with various features of the M-P (Type 240). Please be advised that neither the 2GB buffer storage nor the frame selection lever can be upgraded.

Detailed information regarding the offered conversions as well as the costs will be provided in time. We estimate that this service will be available to all interested customers in the second quarter of 2015. Starting immediately, we are offering all customers who are already interested in an upgrade at this time, to collect their contact data and inform them as soon as the service has been activated."

So, I think they will basically give you that shiny new screen

Sep 05, 2014 at 09:53 AM
joakim
• • • •
p.985 #9 · p.985 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

They probably remove the lettering and red dot as well which according to Leica will "...make it the ideal companion for unobtrusive photography". In other words, if you don't upgrade you'll be doing obtrusive photography or...?

Sep 05, 2014 at 10:42 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.985 #10 · p.985 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

joakim wrote:
They probably remove the lettering and red dot as well which according to Leica will "...make it the ideal companion for unobtrusive photography". In other words, if you don't upgrade you'll be doing obtrusive photography or...?

pretty much, yes . It always irks me a little when people say being unobtrusive is all about the camera. I'm not sure it's about the camera at all, to anyone other than photographers. But then I shouldn't bring this tumbling down too quickly, as then no one will by a Leica

Sep 05, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rscheffler
• • • • •
p.985 #11 · p.985 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Well, I'm only interested in the 2GB buffer, though this is not unexpected as it's likely a bit more complex than swapping out a top plate and LCD cover...

Some more messing around with the 50/1.5 Zeiss-Opton... Just a change of focusing distance for the first three to see how it changes the blur.

Sep 05, 2014 at 12:03 PM
freitz
• •
p.985 #12 · p.985 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I posted two quick shots from my first day with my M240.

Here is the before and after. The shots yesterday were direct from the Camera. The first one exposed for my dogs face. The second fixed the blown out sky. Please let me know what you think?

Before
L1000140 by freitz1, on Flickr

After
Leica Edits Day One (1 of 1) by freitz1, on Flickr

Before
L1000171 by freitz1, on Flickr

After
Leica Edits Day One (3 of 2) by freitz1, on Flickr

Sep 05, 2014 at 12:38 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.985 #13 · p.985 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

@freitz: nice start! Upon reviewing my test shots I think I can say the sensor doesn't quite hold highlight detail like the modern Sony sensor I'm used to. So I'm going to dial in some exposure compensation -0.3/-0.7 for next time around. But I also need to adjust to metering this thing as well... I think I'm used to center weighted when using negative film, which isn't so critical. I definitely need more practice...

@ron: some really 'characterful' bokeh you get with that lens, would be great to see some portraits shot with it under similar lighting. I'm sure it's distracting/too much for many, but I think I kind of like it

Sep 05, 2014 at 01:03 PM
freitz
• •
p.985 #14 · p.985 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

ricardovaste wrote:
@freitz: nice start! Upon reviewing my test shots I think I can say the sensor doesn't quite hold highlight detail like the modern Sony sensor I'm used to. So I'm going to dial in some exposure compensation -0.3/-0.7 for next time around. But I also need to adjust to metering this thing as well... I think I'm used to center weighted when using negative film, which isn't so critical. I definitely need more practice...

I just made an adjustment to -0.3 to under expose a little. Should fix some of my blown out issues.

Sep 05, 2014 at 01:05 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.985 #15 · p.985 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

nicoimages wrote:
Thank you all for your kind comments. You have all come very close. I am using the Replichrome Film emulation pre-sets in Lightroom as a starting point and then tweak individual hues/colours in Lightroom. After that doing some additional post processing in ColorEfex - using the Procontrast Filter and Contrast Only filters to tone down the dynamic range of the image a bit further.

Aha Replichrome, yep these are good. Thanks for info.

Sep 05, 2014 at 01:49 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.985 #16 · p.985 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, incredible rendering!
Freitz, Congratulation, tell us more your impression compare to 6D

A set of trees 28cron M9 from last weekend

Sep 05, 2014 at 05:57 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.985 #17 · p.985 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Effort: 5/10. Execution: 1/10

Sep 05, 2014 at 06:26 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.985 #18 · p.985 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

ricardovaste - .

zhangyue - Thumbs up!

Sep 05, 2014 at 06:40 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.985 #19 · p.985 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

So a question about the CV 35 1.4 SC. Will flare performance improve with a hood? Now maybe it makes me a fool to specifically want a 'traditional' lens and then come and ask about flare performance, but I am curious. It seemed absolutely wild when even the tiniest suggestion of spot light / sunlight was in the frame, or near the frame. Look at this huge looping flare cutting through the image, almost looks photo-shopped on in some!

p.s. didn't find a duck

Sep 05, 2014 at 06:42 PM
pingflood
• • •
p.985 #20 · p.985 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

The 40 'cron arrived today, and it seems to work well. I read up on the whole "CL lenses may not focus properly on M bodies" debacle and whatever the reality is at least my 40 and 90 (Elmar-C) seem to focus just fine on my M8. Going to file the tab a bit on the 40 to bring up the 35 framelines (my M8 is not a .2 so the 35 lines seem to fit 40 quite nicely) so I won't have to fiddle with the frameline selector, and have an adapter(5.5 - regular 39mm) + hood on the way so I can use my UV/IR filter on it. Initial tests, though cut short by a weak battery, are promising!

Sep 05, 2014 at 07:21 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password