Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              981      
       983              1059       1060       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.982 #1 · p.982 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

So many great pics the last few pages. I have used the "like" feature heavily this time around. Phil - I agree that the Canon 50/1.4 ltm is such a solid performing lens. Here are a few from last week with it....

Canon 50/1.4 ltm

Canon 50/1.4 ltm

Canon 50/1.4 ltm

Canon 50/1.4 ltm

Jun 09, 2014 at 03:43 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.982 #2 · p.982 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Gary, yes pretty surprised with the rendering and contrast

Have you used it WO allot? What's your opinion on it WO?

I'm still debating on it

Phil

Jun 09, 2014 at 03:59 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.982 #3 · p.982 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I would say it is pretty decent wide open but not up to lux standards. I feel that it is perhaps slightly sharper in the center (WO) than my 50lux pre-asph was and also has fairly smooth bokeh. Shooting into the sun, the contrast almost becomes non-existant. I have used it quite a bit wide open and have liked the results. Stopped down, it is actually very sharp. For the money, this is a great lens.

I also tried out the CV50/1.1 the other day and it was pretty good as well. A little "glowy" wide open but a nice lens nonetheless.

CV50/1.1

Jun 09, 2014 at 04:07 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.982 #4 · p.982 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Edward, great work from the street of Bangkok. I really think the ZM 25 suits your style in streets, and colors are very rich and full of character!! Durian, is fruit I appreciate, but I cannot develop the taste for it! I have had it many times, but give me Thai mango, mangosteen or the red paw paw any time

Thank you very much Charles!

I feel the Biogon is a bit too wide for street work, unless you can get very close but I need to practice more because it wasn't easy to get close without annoying the subjects. It works very well in crowded areas though. Agreed about Mangosteens, they're the exact opposite of Durians, cool and refreshing. Thais believe you have to always consume Mangosteens after Durian, to counter balance the warmness, kind of yin and yang concept.

Jun 09, 2014 at 04:39 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.982 #5 · p.982 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
So many great pics the last few pages. I have used the "like" feature heavily this time around. Phil - I agree that the Canon 50/1.4 ltm is such a solid performing lens. Here are a few from last week with it....

Third shot and especially the first shot are outstanding, Gary.

Jun 09, 2014 at 04:42 AM
atwl77
• •
p.982 #6 · p.982 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great pictures, everyone.

Nico, that first image is really outstanding!

Edward, it looks like the streets of Bangkok is quite calm and peaceful, unlike the ominous atmosphere that some international news are painting it.

Here's some funky bokeh of the ZM 35/2:

Jun 09, 2014 at 06:29 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.982 #7 · p.982 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nico, great color and frame.
Edward, great street images from Bangkok as always.
Phil, wonderful portrait of your granddaughter!
Carsten, Nice mood!!
Gary, I agree Canon 50mm is a great lens. Love the last one rendering.
Adrian, nice composition.

28cron from today

Jun 09, 2014 at 06:39 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.982 #8 · p.982 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

atwl77 wrote:
Great pictures, everyone.

Nico, that first image is really outstanding!

Edward, it looks like the streets of Bangkok is quite calm and peaceful, unlike the ominous atmosphere that some international news are painting it.

Here's some funky bokeh of the ZM 35/2:

Wow, I have never seen such nervous bokeh from the 35 biogon before!!! But the effect looks actually nice as it matches the shapes of the bubbles

Don't believe international news companies Adrian. They are all driven by political and financial agendas, and above all, sensationalism. Sometimes when I watch CNN reports about Thailand I wonder if this is the same country where I'm living. The reports are twisted and manipulated.

Jun 09, 2014 at 08:55 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.982 #9 · p.982 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:
Nico, great color and frame.
Edward, great street images from Bangkok as always.
Phil, wonderful portrait of your granddaughter!
Carsten, Nice mood!!
Gary, I agree Canon 50mm is a great lens. Love the last one rendering.
Adrian, nice composition.

28cron from today

Thank you Zhangyue! Very nice moody set. Love the doom and gloom atmosphere

Jun 09, 2014 at 08:57 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.982 #10 · p.982 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
I would say it is pretty decent wide open but not up to lux standards. I feel that it is perhaps slightly sharper in the center (WO) than my 50lux pre-asph was and also has fairly smooth bokeh. Shooting into the sun, the contrast almost becomes non-existant. I have used it quite a bit wide open and have liked the results. Stopped down, it is actually very sharp. For the money, this is a great lens.

I also tried out the CV50/1.1 the other day and it was pretty good as well. A little "glowy" wide open but a
...Show more

I take it you attended the Voigtlanther event at the Camera store which I happen to see in the background.

Jun 09, 2014 at 02:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.982 #11 · p.982 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

burningheart wrote:
I take it you attended the Voigtlanther event at the Camera store which I happen to see in the background.

Robert - are you stalking me!!?? Yes, I tried out all the Voigtlander lenses they had for M mount. Some real nice lenses but nothing which I "need" at the moment. I did happen to win a tripod in the draw though.

Jun 09, 2014 at 02:45 PM
tophoto.
• •
p.982 #12 · p.982 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

35 cron asph on the M9, and people say M's don't do sports well!

David Steele - Beartooth Summer Session 2014 by Thomas O'Connell, on Flickr

Jun 09, 2014 at 04:06 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.982 #13 · p.982 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very cool David! I agree, Leica M can do sports well when you are able to capture a decisive moment.

Edward: I believe Luka pointed out this quality of the ZM35/2 a while back as a 'feature' he didn't like in the lens... I think it's kind of cool in Adiran's image, for the reason you mentioned. But also wonder if the bubbles might have stood out better with a smoother rendering lens, such as the Sonnar in the RX1...?

I really like your ZM25 street shots. Maybe more than your longer lens shots, because of the very fact you're forced to be closer to the subjects and more immersed in their immediate environment. I think I may have expressed this same sentiment the last time you did a big ZM25 street set a while back. I can appreciate how it complicates matters and comfort levels, and why you might not do it regularly!

Michael - these are cool and an interesting 'contrast' to your usual punchy landscapes! I like the last one best.
Gary - congrats on your win! I agree about the Canon 50/1.4. It has some interesting vintage qualities, such as its colour palette and contrast characteristics. I feel it's a blend of old and modern lens character. Stopped down somewhat and it's very difficult to distinguish from modern lenses (though is perhaps a bit lower in saturation). Wide open it has an interesting smoothness.
Carsten - love the mood!
Adrian - interesting holiday set.. is it a recreated German village resort?
Nico - Awesome!
Phil - lovely images of your granddaughter!

Some more from Lake Huron. I found the patter of the mesh and its shadow and reflection captivating...

First two M240 with 90 Summarit, the last with 50 Lux ASPH

And to give this some context, with the 21 SEM:

Jun 09, 2014 at 04:16 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.982 #14 · p.982 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Had two days in the mountains with great weather, about time, after so much tours without taking any pictures.

Jun 09, 2014 at 05:48 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.982 #15 · p.982 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Sakima had also his share of fun!

Edited on Jun 09, 2014 at 05:54 PM · View previous versions

Jun 09, 2014 at 05:49 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.982 #16 · p.982 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Sakima also had his share of fun!

my star sign

the MP was also on tour again

Jun 09, 2014 at 05:52 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.982 #17 · p.982 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thomas, awesome shot and perfect timing!

Ron, Thank you very much for your comments! The mesh shots are absolutely beautiful. Composition, shadow play, starbursts, perfect!

I am encouraged by your comments and Charles' to shoot with the 25 more often. It's true that I shoot it rarely. My last set at Chinatown and train station was all shot with it, but that time I was using the M9 with an external finder. This time I'm using the M240 with internal 28mm framelines brought up by the lens mount. I did hear some negative comments from people, which I rarely get in Thailand, but I guess I should have thick skin if I want to shoot street

The 35 Biogon bokeh is certainly not very esthetic, but interesting. To be fair, I was never able to reproduce this kind of bokeh myself, it needs specific elements and distances to be present. The only few times I have seen it was in Luka's photos and this shot by Adrian, and in Luka's shots it really wasn't pleasant so I understand his feelings.

Peter, fantastic landscapes, great colors and atmosphere. I'm a capricorn too by the way

Edited on Jun 09, 2014 at 06:05 PM · View previous versions

Jun 09, 2014 at 06:00 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.982 #18 · p.982 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Wow Peter. Love 'em all! Nothing beats a day (or more) in the mountains...

Jun 09, 2014 at 06:00 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.982 #19 · p.982 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Absolutely stunning images on this page.

Gary - fantastic street-scapes.
Zhangyue, the water is perfectly colored. So soft and lovely.
Tophoto - great timing and love the way the skiis are crossed!
Ron - last shot is my fav (not because it's with the lux, but because of all the great sun stars in the water reflections)
Peter - first image in each set is my fav. Stunning work as always. Glad to see you back posting again.

Here's my 6 year old who just had a home haircut in the kitchen getting rinsed off from all the hair cuttings in the kitchen sink. He looks so small and helpless here... I am really liking this image. M-E and 50 Lux asph.

Jun 09, 2014 at 06:25 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.982 #20 · p.982 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

That's a masterpiece Katie!

Jun 09, 2014 at 06:35 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell