FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              959      
       961              2351       2352       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

charles.K
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.960 #1 · p.960 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Great shots everyone!!! I have been watching and liking, but I have not had any time for shoots

edwardkaraa wrote:
I like your recent street shots Gary! Very nice!

Question to all: Who uses LR/ACR and who uses C1 for their PP, and which do you prefer?

It seems many users believe C1 does a much better job with the M9 and M240 files. I have seen some fine examples online. C1 however is quite difficult to learn and I normally like the convenience and ease of use of ACR. But I really would like to get better colors from my camera.

Edward, initially I used C1 with the early firmware versions of the M9, as the colour was much better. Then with the added firmware additions and improvements in Lr raw converters, the Lr IMO is now better. The cataloging with C1 is a pain, and really not that easy to integrate with the normal workflow.

I definitely prefer Lr now, as it is a quick flick to CS6, where you can work in Lab color when needed. This is a very powerful feature.

I still have the latest version of C1 Pro, and it is also excellent. When the images first appear in C1 Pro, there is more default contrast added, and the images look more alive, but this can be easily changed in Lr with different contrast profiles.

IMO I would keep to Lr, as work flow is so much easier.

Edited on Jul 25, 2014 at 07:41 AM · View previous versions

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:45 AM
atwl77
• •
p.960 #2 · p.960 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Question to all: Who uses LR/ACR and who uses C1 for their PP, and which do you prefer?

I've used C1 since the days the DLUX4 shipped with a free copy of C1 4.

Although I've installed and played with LR 4 and 5 (all free copies from the M9P and M240, respectively), I never really warmed up to it.

I'm from the old school of thought (since the stone age days of the Canon 10D, where we develop RAW in a separate developer, e.g. DPP, then do final edits in a proper image editor, e.g. Photoshop). So all that DAM functionality of LR never appealed to me. I also do not use any of C1's library features, but I like the way C1 stores its sessions so that I can backup all my edits in case I want to revisit an old file and reprocess it again.

Jul 25, 2014 at 01:01 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.960 #3 · p.960 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

If you have mac you could try and use RPP. I first heard about this program from alex (worldinlens) and he got me into leica. It has an ancient interface but apparently you can get very film like results with it. I've been keen to try it but its annoying to run virtual mac on a desktop.

Jul 25, 2014 at 01:42 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.960 #4 · p.960 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thank you very much for your thoughts and suggestions Charles, Adrian and Rirakuma.

I have downloaded C1 several times in the past and can't get along with its user interface. I much prefer ACR. But the results I have seen with C1, especially from M240 files, are imo more accurate/pleasing. Unfortunately I'm on windows, so I can't try RPP, though I know since my Sony days that it definitely is one of the best converters around.

Jul 25, 2014 at 02:40 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.960 #5 · p.960 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Sold my M4/3 stuff already...

Why Katie?

Jul 25, 2014 at 02:45 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.960 #6 · p.960 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

My afternoon espresso

Planar wide open:

M240 - ZM 50 Planar by edward karaa, on Flickr

Jul 25, 2014 at 03:11 AM
joakim
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.960 #7 · p.960 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edward, very nice photo and the coffee looks tempting. An ashtray is a rare sight here in Sweden now that smoking in public places is no longer allowed.

Jul 25, 2014 at 05:28 AM
atwl77
• •
p.960 #8 · p.960 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Thank you very much for your thoughts and suggestions Charles, Adrian and Rirakuma.

I have downloaded C1 several times in the past and can't get along with its user interface. I much prefer ACR. But the results I have seen with C1, especially from M240 files, are imo more accurate/pleasing. Unfortunately I'm on windows, so I can't try RPP, though I know since my Sony days that it definitely is one of the best converters around.

I think it is natural that if you're already used to one interface, another may feel unintuitive or outright uncomfortable. This is also partly why I never warmed up to LR -- I've been using C1 for years since C1 4.0.

However, one good thing about C1 7 is that you can customize the tools that appear on the tabs to suite your workflow. For me, I've arranged all my most commonly used tools (white balance, exposure, highlight/shadow, histogram, etc) in my "favourite" tab and also ordered them top to bottom in the general order that I use them, this helps a lot with streamlining my workflow.

I've also started playing around with the LCC profiles to eliminate colour cast, think of this as a more convenient alternative to the Corner Fix tool.

Jul 25, 2014 at 05:46 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.960 #9 · p.960 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

joakim wrote:
Edward, very nice photo and the coffee looks tempting. An ashtray is a rare sight here in Sweden now that smoking in public places is no longer allowed.

Thank you Joakim! Smoking in public places is not allowed in Thailand as well

Jul 25, 2014 at 05:59 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.960 #10 · p.960 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

atwl77 wrote:
I think it is natural that if you're already used to one interface, another may feel unintuitive or outright uncomfortable. This is also partly why I never warmed up to LR -- I've been using C1 for years since C1 4.0.

However, one good thing about C1 7 is that you can customize the tools that appear on the tabs to suite your workflow. For me, I've arranged all my most commonly used tools (white balance, exposure, highlight/shadow, histogram, etc) in my "favourite" tab and also ordered them top to bottom in the general order that I use them, this helps
...Show more

Thank you Adrian for the insight. I'm very tempted because I am quite convinced about the color quality of C1. I will re-download it tonight and play with it a bit to see if I can warm up to it.

Jul 25, 2014 at 06:01 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

charles.K
• • • • • •
p.960 #11 · p.960 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

atwl77 wrote:

However, one good thing about C1 7 is that you can customize the tools that appear on the tabs to suite your workflow. For me, I've arranged all my most commonly used tools (white balance, exposure, highlight/shadow, histogram, etc) in my "favourite" tab and also ordered them top to bottom in the general order that I use them, this helps
...Show more

Adrian I agree, the LCC is very powerful with C1 Pro. It is by far the easiest approach to removing color casts and/or vignetting, and very quick within your workflow.

Jul 25, 2014 at 07:49 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.960 #12 · p.960 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

I recently bought a 90 cron from Phil and I just got it today. I've avoided this lens for a while thinking that it would be as thick as the R version because they're both E55 but boy was I wrong. Can't wait to use this on a trip sometime, I remember wishing for a telephoto on my last holiday.

50 lux in the harsh Aussie sun

Jul 25, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.960 #13 · p.960 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Nice capture Rocky! I can also vouch for the 90cron - great lens WO and stopped down as well.

Jul 25, 2014 at 09:08 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.960 #14 · p.960 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Thanks Gary , street style photos is my kryptonite so I'm just experimenting at the moment. I'm thinking about adding a 28mm lens to my lineup because I want to change my shooting style; does anyone have recommendations for the elmarit or cron? Charles suggested the cron to me but I really like the compact size of the elmarit asph, what do you guys think?

Jul 25, 2014 at 06:04 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.960 #15 · p.960 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Although I have never used the 28cron, I would pick it over the 28elmarit given the choice. It is a bit faster and the OOF rendering is very unique (and pleasing). I owned the 28elmarit asph and it was a very nice lens but it never really impressed me. It does seem to be a super performer for B&W work though. It is also quite contrasty and more along the lines of Zeiss output.

Jul 25, 2014 at 06:07 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.960 #16 · p.960 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Panning with a RF can be tricky.... Pretty fun though!

50lux ASPH

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:00 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.960 #17 · p.960 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Rocky, really like the high contrast and that you deliberately exposed for the sunny area. The effect is fantastic, as is the spotlight on the woman.

Gary, great shot as well. Like your urban shots.

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.960 #18 · p.960 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

Edward love the shot of coffee and candy dish (Yeah I know its not a candy dish but I never took up that habit instead candy was my habit).

Rocky very nice love the spotlight as well.

Gary love the pan shot. I never thought of doing that with a RF. I also like you shots of the behind the ladies the past few days. Where did you shoot them?

Alas nothing to share my Monochrom is taking a much needed break, then again so is my shooting, still processing and sorting images from the Stampede and Longview rodeo, though most shots were not from the Leica.

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.960 #19 · p.960 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

good stuff everybody

For this event I used M9 and A7, with the M9 shooting 21/28/35, and the A7 I just left my Canon LTM 85/1.5 on for the evening.

Jerry 75 0-004 by unoh7, 28 cron f/2

Jerry 75 0-007 by unoh7, sem 21 f/5.6

Jerry 75 0-013 by unoh7, SEM 21 f/5.6

Jerry 75 0-024 by unoh7, 28 cron f/2

Jerry 75 0-050 by unoh7, 28 cron f/5.6

Jerry 75 0-094 by unoh7, 28 cron f/2

Jerry 75 0-151 by unoh7, CV 35/1.2 @ 1.2

Jerry 75 0-169 by unoh7, SEM 21 f/6.8

was pretty fun
Same event with A7/85

Jul 26, 2014 at 06:47 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.960 #20 · p.960 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread

A couple reflections...

21SEM

21SEM

Jul 26, 2014 at 09:48 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.