Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              958      
       960              1004       1005       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

adamdewilde
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.959 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Quick question... Is there a site that has all the T-stops for all of Leica's lenses?

May 17, 2014 at 07:42 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.959 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

THANK YOU everyone!
Ron, Wow, that's what I'm talking about! Gorgeous shots. The tones are PERFECT and I love love love the rendering. I'm so excited!!!
So Gary, do tell! What did you get? We can flood the board together with our new gorgeous lenses...

And yes, the CV 35 1.2 is STILL for sale if anyone is interested... I will leave it up for awhile, but if there is no immediate interest, I will happily keep it! My 28 and 75 have sold, along with some film, books, a bag, ect... Anyone interested in a three lens Bronica setup? 50, 75 and 105 with AEII prism?

May 17, 2014 at 01:12 PM
joakim
• • •
p.959 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

It can do landscapes too, from last summer

May 17, 2014 at 02:48 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.959 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Congratulations Katie and Gary!

Joakim, zhangyue, Ron, very nice shots with the summilux!

May 17, 2014 at 03:11 PM
joakim
• • •
p.959 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Today is the 17th of May which is the national day of our neighbor country Norway which is also celebrated here in Stockholm with a parade by norwegians living here.

M9 with 24 Lux except the last one which is the 50 Lux.

May 17, 2014 at 03:23 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.959 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joakim - very nice! The parade brings back memories... I photographed the wedding of two friends who were both school teachers in Oslo at the time and stayed a week longer to see the parade. Because they were teachers, I was able to walk with them and the thousands of students in Oslo the parade. It was a very cool experience!

Looks like you had a perfect day for it too.

ceder wrote:
While I never tried it myself, just looking at images with the lux 50 asph, I think it is the best reason to shoot with a Leica, so I would do it if you are not happy with your 50-nokton (for now, I am very very pleased with the new version - and I am intrigued of the look of this lens on the Sony A7/r, the curvature of field is very much different, more "classic"). Is yours the old or the new version by the way?

And what about your CV 35 1.2, is it the II version? I may
...Show more
KatieInTexas wrote:
Both are version I, but perform VERY well. The CV 35 1.2 is one I am not sure about selling, so if you want mine, you better grab it before I change my mind!

adamdewilde wrote:
Just seen you got the lens, congrats!

If you're on the fence about selling anything, nows the time.. You'll be so occupied with the new lens that you won't use anything else for a good month or so

No difference between the CV versions from what I've used/seen. I think all CV did was change the barrel design.

My understanding is optical design between the two 50/1.5 Nokton versions is the same, but coatings are different, and apparently improved, in the new one. The few side by side tests I saw indicated better backlit performance - less contrast robbing veiling flare and therefore better saturation too. I have the old one and think it's very good, but for some reason, it just doesn't have that little bit extra character of the Lux versions.

May 17, 2014 at 04:30 PM
joakim
• • •
p.959 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, thank you and it was a very nice day today. Much warmer than what we had so far this spring, definitely a touch of summer today. Here are three more from the parade, first with the 50 Lux and then 2 with the 24 Lux.

May 17, 2014 at 06:17 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.959 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hi Joakim, nice photos! I'm going to be in Stockholm for work in a a little over three weeks. Please tell me that it's gonna get warm enough for me to run around in t-shirts while I'm there!

May 17, 2014 at 06:28 PM
joakim
• • •
p.959 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Adam, only a politician could promise that but hopefully we have put our rather cold spring behind us now and the temperatures will be rising so we we have more days like today.

May 17, 2014 at 06:32 PM
seekuh
• •
p.959 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, really love your shots! Absolutely stunning and your retouching remains unmatched. Are these all M240 shots? I still own (just) an M9.

May 17, 2014 at 06:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rscheffler
• • • •
p.959 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Hilmar! The last set of my aunt and the dog were from last fall, therefore with the M9 (mention of which I think I hid somewhere in my comments).

Here's one of my aunt's daily reading, also M9 & 50 Lux ASPH. It may be slightly front focused, but I like the Lux's rendering here...

May 17, 2014 at 07:19 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.959 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

May 17, 2014 at 08:45 PM
asiafish
• •
p.959 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Leica M9 with 50mm f/2 Summicron at f/8, minimal post, ISO 160.

L1002028.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

May 17, 2014 at 11:12 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.959 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M240 & Nikkor 10.5cm f/2.5 LTM, cropped somewhat

This time I wasn't chasing the deer - it found me.

May 18, 2014 at 01:47 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.959 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Geez - miss a few days and miss a lot of action! Once again Katie - congratulation! I certainly didn't mean to steal your thunder but looks like we bought bought around the same time. I bought a black 50lux in mint condition off of Chad (aka Tobin). Altough I really liked my 50lux pre-ASPH, it just wasn't sharp enough for my landscape shots - even well stopped down. The wide open rendering was really something special though. It had a rendering that looked much like the 50 Noct in certain situations. My plan is to maybe sell my 50cron as well - maybe... Problem is that I love the 50cron for mostly all types of shooting. I will have to see how much I enjoy the 50lux ASPH. Prices now are so good for Leica lenses, it is certainly worth a try. I haven't actually used my new lens yet but hope to tomorrow. Thanks again everyone for the comments.

Joakim - looks to be a great time and super weather. I love shooting events such as those...
Ron - your set with the 50lux looks superb! Such great subject isolation and PP. Also great to see you dust off the Nikkor 10.5cm as well. Pretty interesting framing with that deer.
Allen - very nice as usual. The second one is pretty neat.

May 18, 2014 at 02:22 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.959 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Gary... I was checking out a favourite stand of sumacs with the 50/1.5 Zeiss Opton when she passed through.

Here are a couple from the Zeiss... one wide open, the second at f/2 where its rendering smooths out a bit.

another one wide open

May 18, 2014 at 02:49 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.959 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I went to the camera store to get a couple of step rings for my filters. Sometimes one should reward themselves for their troubles.

Went for a walk tonight with my reward. Monochrom, 50 Lux Asph and 35 F2 Biogon Now I just have to learn to use it

May 18, 2014 at 06:31 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.959 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Katie and Gary congrats on your Lux. I have a feeling that you both along with Ron had some influence on my choice.

May 18, 2014 at 06:46 AM
uhoh7
• • •
p.959 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zm 35/2:

L1011749 by unoh7, on Flickr
@f/2

L1011771 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1011697 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1011663-2 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1011571 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1011546 by unoh7, on Flickr
last 3 @ f/2
first impressions on the biogon--(some images above are coded as 90/4 )

Size and feel are fine, but lifting the lens, it's a tad heavy. 225 grams on my scale. Build is excellent, no wobble, "bump" is nice, and hood from my 35/1.4 CV works perfectly. In fact, build is very similar to the CV.

Obviously still learning the lens, which arrived this afternoon, but so far I like it

PS: I compared the zm35/2 dimensions to sem21, 28cron, 50cron, CV 75/2.5, and 28 Elmarit v4. It's lighter than the sem 21, both 28s, and about the same as the CV 75. The Biogon is a half filter longer than the 50 cron v4 (the small one), near identical to the Sem 21, a touch longer than the 28 cron, and shorter than the CV 75 and 28 v4.

May 18, 2014 at 07:06 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.959 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Sorry I haven't posted much.. Don't have time to edit the millions of things I've been shooting

Took one quick shot with the 35FLE while grabbing milk-tea on the way home from errands.. Nothing special, bokeh is nice but a bit plastic look. But I just realised I haven't posted anything in a while picture wise. I think it'll take the lens a while to grow on me.. Hopefully I'll have a chance to use it more on my upcoming trip. Shot @ 1.4 edited colours of the green to suit my aesthetics and adjusted brightness and curves a touch:

May 18, 2014 at 10:17 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password