Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              951      
       953              1039       1040       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rirakuma
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.952 #1 · p.952 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I'm a 35mm guy but I've succumbed to so many 50mm lenses. Theres so many flavours you can get in that focal length its hard to pick one. I recently picked up a cron DR from Charles and its been an absolute joy to use. The close focusing ability makes it a huge plus for an everyday lens.

Anyway I did a test this morning to demonstrate the different renderings from each lenses. I think its pretty obvious which lenses is which and thats what makes the world of 50mm so great, the renderings are unique and recognizable. The lenses in the pool are summilux asph, summicron v4, summicron rigid DR, summarit f/1.5, noctilux v4. Note the difference in colour rendition too, these have a slight contrast adjustment but the WB and colours are SOOC. They are all shot wide open.

lens 1

lens 2

lens 3

lens 4

lens 5

May 09, 2014 at 11:18 PM
joakim
• • •
p.952 #2 · p.952 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ceder wrote:
OK, how do I share an image here from dropbox?

I don't think you can, as far as I know you can only share stuff from your Dropbox via personal mail invitations. Flickr is a free option that many around here uses if you need something else.

May 10, 2014 at 06:37 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.952 #3 · p.952 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Allen, beautiful street photography! Both sets are very powerful!

Gary, last 2 shots are really amazing!

Joakim, indeed the 24 lux looks like a great lens (and large, and expensive ) I too prefer the 1st shot.

Zhangyue, welcome back! Typical Zhangyue colors and PP Really like 3, 4 and 6.

Rirakuma, thank you for the lens compariosn. Very interesting indeed. But since I don't own any, it's difficult to tell which is which, though I do have an idea (but I won't tell )

May 10, 2014 at 09:18 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.952 #4 · p.952 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joakim wrote:
I don't think you can, as far as I know you can only share stuff from your Dropbox via personal mail invitations. Flickr is a free option that many around here uses if you need something else.

Flickr is what I use. Leica Images is also excellent, and owned by a forum member.

May 10, 2014 at 09:21 AM
kape06111

p.952 #5 · p.952 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hi, is this here also the picture thread for the M240?

May 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.952 #6 · p.952 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

kape06111 wrote:
Hi, is this here also the picture thread for the M240?

Yes Sir! Welcome to this thread!

May 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.952 #7 · p.952 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice comparison, 1.noct 2.cron 3.summit 4. Lux 5.rigid

May 10, 2014 at 03:03 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.952 #8 · p.952 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:

This is also my guess. I don't have either of the Crons, but suspect the last one is the rigid due to the more muted colors that would likely be due to older lens coating tech, plus the blur circles are a bit harsher...

May 10, 2014 at 03:20 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.952 #9 · p.952 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I didn't know it was a game...

Oh crap, I think I pulled the images onto my computer in the wrong order.. Give me a minute

Sorry... sorted out the images, it's: Noctilux, Summicron, Summarit, Summilux, Rigid.

May 10, 2014 at 05:41 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.952 #10 · p.952 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
This is also my guess. I don't have either of the Crons, but suspect the last one is the rigid due to the more muted colors that would likely be due to older lens coating tech, plus the blur circles are a bit harsher...

I was on cell phone, now on computer, I am more sure about the order

May 10, 2014 at 05:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

analogg

p.952 #11 · p.952 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ceder wrote:
OK, how do I share an image here from dropbox?

Hi Ceder!

Be sure to place the photo you want to share in your Dropbox Public folder;
Then just right click the file and choose "Copy Public Link";
Paste the link on the Insert Image box (the little landscape botton) and you're done!

Cheers!

May 10, 2014 at 05:58 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.952 #12 · p.952 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
I didn't know it was a game...

Oh crap, I think I pulled the images onto my computer in the wrong order.. Give me a minute

Sorry... sorted out the images, it's: Noctilux, Summicron, Summarit, Summilux, Rigid.

Agree.

I prefer the rendering in #4.

May 10, 2014 at 06:44 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.952 #13 · p.952 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great pages, and interesting discussion on 35s.

I have 3 CV 35s, 1.2, 1.4, 2.5. At first I thought to leave it. But, like Ron, I'm finding 35mm a crucial FL on Full Frame.

The two lenses I'm looking closest at are: zm35/2.8 and the cron asph. The FLE I see going for around 4500, and that seems over the top to me, but I don't doubt it's the very best.

But the zm or cron would be fine for me. Zm obviously way cheaper, going for around 620ish, while cron a full stop faster and those I see for 2100.

hmmm.

Meanwhile, it's getting green fast

L1010854 by unoh7, on Flickr
CV 35/2.5

L1010593 by unoh7, on Flickr
SEM21 this shot at f/2.8? (so says Leica) must be 3.4, but I focused on the signs and gate.

L1010547 by unoh7, on Flickr
not sure on the lens here. I think it's 50 cron.

L1010661 by unoh7, on Flickr
post-war 50/3.5 red scale elmar.

L1010541 by unoh7, on Flickr
not sure on lens, maybe 90 Lanthar

L1010631 by unoh7, on Flickr
SEM 21 (note hiker)

and....I did muster the courage

DSC08945 by unoh7, on Flickr

LTM Elmar/3.5 collapsed into M9

May 10, 2014 at 07:33 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.952 #14 · p.952 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

uhoh7 - Skip the cron-asph in favour of either 35mm ZM lens. Cheaper, and on par if not better in some ways. Both the 35Lux-asph and FLE are fantastic though!

KatieInTexas - I have tons of 50mm lenses, and for a while I was really using the 50APO, but lately I've just had this urge to shoot with the 50Lux-asph, and I must say the few days I've shot casually with it, I feel I do miss using it. It's definitely not the odd man out in-between my 50APO and 50/0.95. Actually all the 50s I own render SOOO differently, as rirakuma pointed out, that I'd probably not sell any of em.

May 10, 2014 at 07:57 PM
Bijltje
• • •
p.952 #15 · p.952 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
uhoh7 - Skip the cron-asph in favour of either 35mm ZM lens. Cheaper, and on par if not better in some ways. Both the 35Lux-asph and FLE are fantastic though!

While I agree both ZM's are on par with the cron asph on image quality. I found the cron asph to have some strong advantages over both ZM's. Thats why I sold my ZM's a couple of years ago for the cron.

First the size, The cron is as small as the 2.8 ZM while being as fast as the 2.0 ZM. It might be even smaller and has a more compact hood than both ZM's.

Filtersize is the leica standard 39mm which makes sharing between lenses easy.

Build, my ZM's had very good build, but the leica feels like its in another league.

Leica colors, Its a personal thing but I prefer them.

6 bit coding, Great not to have to pick the right profile all the time..

Nevertheless, how much I like the ZM and leica 35/2's. I alway grab the 28 cron. So my cron is going on sale.

May 10, 2014 at 08:14 PM
rirakuma
• •
p.952 #16 · p.952 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:

You guys are correct

May 10, 2014 at 08:18 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.952 #17 · p.952 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I really like my 35cron asph although it doesn't really seem to have a strong following for some reason. It's rendering can be a little "sterile" but pretty smooth bokeh wide open. Stopped down, it is amazing - edge to edge. Colors are nice and it is so small too. Overall, I get such great performance from it I am very happy. ZM35C is a super lens too but I like my cron better.

May 10, 2014 at 09:03 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.952 #18 · p.952 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very much appreciate the discussion

You guys motivated me to research, and I found the older thread here where Denior explains why he loves the zm 35/2 over the 2.8

He notes wavy curves, but more to my own priorities, he lauds the ZM 35/2 performance stopped down at/near infinity.

That's totally crucial to me, and a subject which I'm surprised is not more often discussed. I'm learning performance at f/16 varies more than I thought, and is sort of unpredictable. Only since I got my M9 have I realized the 28 cron is really good at f/16

For backcountry landscapes I want max dof on many shots. Light is usually not a problem.

Anyway, I think I'll take Denior's word for it, and start looking for a zm 35/2. Even if it's a bit big

May 10, 2014 at 10:56 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.952 #19 · p.952 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

So tell me: would the pre-asph 50 lux impress me over the CV nokton 50 1.5?

May 11, 2014 at 12:54 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.952 #20 · p.952 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

uhoh7 wrote:
Very much appreciate the discussion

You guys motivated me to research, and I found the older thread here where Denior explains why he loves the zm 35/2 over the 2.8

He notes wavy curves, but more to my own priorities, he lauds the ZM 35/2 performance stopped down at/near infinity.

That's totally crucial to me, and a subject which I'm surprised is not more often discussed. I'm learning performance at f/16 varies more than I thought, and is sort of unpredictable. Only since I got my M9 have I realized the 28 cron is really good at f/16

For backcountry landscapes
...Show more

it's important to note that the infinity performance of the zm 35/2 seems to come at the cost of pretty crazy bokeh (not in a good way imho). the 35 cron is much better controlled in that aspect (though still a ways behind the rx1).

KatieInTexas wrote:
So tell me: would the pre-asph 50 lux impress me over the CV nokton 50 1.5?

the cv has a lot more bite and contrast at large aperture while the pre-asph has a healthy dose of spherical aberration. this gives the pre-asph a very special look though and i would say that i liked it better for portraits than any other lens on an aps-c NEX, i imagine i would like it even more in that capacity on FF. i didn't really care for it for anything other than portraits and occasional bokeh shots though.

May 11, 2014 at 05:48 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password