Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              948      
       950              1077       1078       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.949 #1 · p.949 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much Katie. Lovely glamour shot! The high contrast works very well.

May 04, 2014 at 05:58 PM
joakim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.949 #2 · p.949 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Looking up with M9 and 24 Lux

May 04, 2014 at 07:29 PM
nicoimages
• •
p.949 #3 · p.949 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Edward - enjoyed your series of images - love the PP and the images tell a story
Katie - great image love the mood and tones
Joakim - very interesting composition

Leica M240 - Elmarit 28/2.8 ASPH

f2.8 - love how this lens renders

f5.6

f11

f5.6

f8

Edited on May 05, 2014 at 05:48 PM · View previous versions

May 04, 2014 at 07:40 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.949 #4 · p.949 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks everyone!

Edward - the pet series is great! Also love the one of the pigeons.

tthorne - maybe passionate gear head is more apt? Nice one of NOTL, not terribly far from where I am... it's a quaint, upscale touristy town where a Leica M will fit right in. It probably has a number of equivalents across the Americas... for other examples in Ontario, you could try Stratford... or Unionville, where last week I did an engagement shoot. Reminded me a lot of NOTL, if somewhat smaller.

rattymouse - if you ever end up with Leica, and I suspect it won't be a Leica T ( ), don't write off the Leica glass too quickly. A lot of it is excellent with a great deal of subtle character... and for the most part, optically corrected. The Zeiss glass is nice, too.

Gary - fun set! Nice one of your daughter striking the pose. Reminds me I should bring out the Nikkor 105 for some fresh air too... Thanks for the Toronto airport street photo exhibit tip. Is this it? I can believe you got another dumping... I still haven't taken the winter tires (or is it tyres?) off... we're barely cracking 10 degrees here most days, though today has been nice. Can't believe it's already May...

Phil - cute one of your granddaughter. Love the tonality of the car series too, both color and B&W. The 35 Lux FLE looks great in your hands and has me wondering about it again. Just recently I shot a bit with my CV35/1.2 II... is the Lux worth it? Maybe I missed it, but when did you scale back your kit? No more Nocti?

Charles - very nice! Congrats too on the upcoming wedding!
hk_mtbr - looked like a cool event. Speaking of neat cars, saw a Fisker Karma EV on the highway yesterday...
Charlie - really like the subtle spring greens.
Katie - Great glamor image. Love the tones too. Agreed on the point about rendering - there is such a wealth of interesting 50mm rangefinder options.
Joakim - cool angle and great color/tonality that reminds me so much about the M9.
Nico - a gem of a lens in great hands - excellent set!

Milking the ice storm images…

M9 & first with 28 Cron, rest with 50 Lux ASPH

May 04, 2014 at 09:26 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.949 #5 · p.949 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Yes Ron the lux is def. worth it over the CV 35 at least for me, expensive glass but in the right hands it creates magic, worth it to keep as my main lens on M9 for sure

No nocti for me anymore, hard a hard time justifying the cost for a lens I used once a month

Still honeymooning w/your A7(r)? I am starting a family of lens with mine

May 05, 2014 at 01:06 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.949 #6 · p.949 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much, Phil, Gary and Ron, and for all the likes
Phil, excellent portrait capture!
Gary, love the rendering with the Nikkor 10.5cm Actually I have picked up a new Nikkor 28 f2.8 AIs, for both the A7r and M240, very cheaply.
Tthorne, very nice!
Edward, great series, and loving the color and PP'ing
Katie, stunning moody glamour capture.
Joakim, great angle, and how are liking the 24 Lux?
Nico, amazing set of images! The 28 Elmarit is one of favorite lenses, even more so than the Cron. Unfortunately I sold it to upgrade to the Cron, and I somewhat regret is now. The B&W conversions were always my favorites with this lens.
Ron, superb series of the ice storm images! I also love the shots with the A7r too

May 05, 2014 at 02:28 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.949 #7 · p.949 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Lux is worth it in my opinion to.

May 05, 2014 at 02:37 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.949 #8 · p.949 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Real nice images on this page!

Ron - yes, I think that is the exhibit. There are three or four amazing street B&W images in it...
Charles - the 28/2.8 AI-S is a great lens - especially if it is the CRC version. I used to own it and liked it a lot.

A few more from last month...

35cron asph

35cron asph

35cron asph

35cron asph

50cron V4

Edited on May 05, 2014 at 03:54 AM · View previous versions

May 05, 2014 at 02:57 AM
rirakuma
• •
p.949 #9 · p.949 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

airfrogusmc wrote:
Lux is worth it in my opinion to.

+1 the 35 lux is my favourite lens not just due to the focal length but the way it elegantly renders. I know its technically not up to par with the 50 lux but as a 35mm lens I think its the cream of the crop. Its also a lot smaller than the CV 1.2. I have the pre FLE which is "weaker" compared to the FLE at close focus distance but I like its subtle yet unique rendering style.

Edited on May 05, 2014 at 05:22 AM · View previous versions

May 05, 2014 at 03:25 AM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.949 #10 · p.949 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Edward - the pet series is great! Also love the one of the pigeons.

tthorne - maybe passionate gear head is more apt? Nice one of NOTL, not terribly far from where I am... it's a quaint, upscale touristy town where a Leica M will fit right in. It probably has a number of equivalents across the Americas... for other examples in Ontario, you could try Stratford... or Unionville, where last week I did an engagement shoot. Reminded me a lot of NOTL, if somewhat smaller.

rattymouse - if you ever end up with Leica, and I suspect it
...Show more

Oh I'm not writing off Leica glass, except as too expensive. Leica M lenses are some of the best in the world.

You are correct, a T won't be my first Leica.

May 05, 2014 at 03:26 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jojomon11
• • • • •
p.949 #11 · p.949 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice Gary, my old home port

What aperture did you use for these? The colors and lighting are amazingly accurate

Phil

May 05, 2014 at 03:33 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.949 #12 · p.949 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Phil! I think most were all around f/5.6, one may have been f/8.

May 05, 2014 at 03:57 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.949 #13 · p.949 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very for the nice comments Nico, Ron, Charles! Thanks also for the likes!

Joakim, very nice colors and perspective.
Nico, I'm a big fan of your compositions. Excellent work!
Ron, awesome colors and sparkle in your ice shots.
Gary, beautiful atmosphere and subtle colors in your set.
Charles, congratulations in advance. I must have missed the good news in an earlier post!!!

May 05, 2014 at 04:07 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.949 #14 · p.949 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary, wonderful set, and the 35 Cron Asph is perfect with the stormy skies
Edward, thank you very much!!!

The 35 Lux FLE is a great lens, and very light, ergonomic and easy to use

May 05, 2014 at 06:29 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.949 #15 · p.949 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks guys. I guess I'm somewhat curious about 35mm again. I really like the 28 Cron but have been ignoring 35mm for a long time now, rarely using my CV35/1.2 II... But there are times I need wider than 50 but 28 is too wide, shows too much w/a distortion, and/or not enough background separation...

There seems to be some differing opinions whether to go with the FLE or previous version. IIRC from Joe's quick comparison photos a year or two ago, that the two lenses have reversed rendering characteristics, with the FLE being somewhat busier with backgrounds than the non-FLE, but with smoother foreground character. Someone mentioned the FLE is better at nearer distances - is this noticeable, or rather, very subtle?

Phil: a7R was a loaner for a few weeks around Christmas. Therefore I have only a limited number of presentable images shot with it. Some of which I've recently posted in the a7 images thread, also of the ice storm. For my needs, it's a camera that is too much in the middle and doesn't really excel at the specific tasks I require. Therefore much of what it offers is overlapped by my Canon and Leica systems and I haven't invested in it, not wanting to complicate things with a third system (though there are rare instances where I could benefit from 36MP with some of my TS-E lenses). It doesn't do sports like a 1DX and isn't as compact, intuitive and fun to use as the Leica... nor does it work well with my fairly sizable RF wide angle lens collection.

Gary - I'll check it out next time I'm at YYZ, probably in June. Interesting set - based on Phil's comment, I'm guessing somewhere in CA?

M9 & 28 Cron for first, 50 Lux ASPH for the rest.

May 05, 2014 at 03:59 PM
rirakuma
• •
p.949 #16 · p.949 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

The FLE doesn't necessarily have harsh bokeh. The way I like to think of it is the pre can have smoother bokeh in certain situations and the FLE has more "pop" in general especially at closer focusing distance. The pre is also prone to focus shift but I haven't had any troubles with mine after calibration, I usually shoot it wide open or at f4+.

May 05, 2014 at 11:32 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.949 #17 · p.949 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Heres a few wide open

May 06, 2014 at 12:12 AM
CVickery
• • • •
p.949 #18 · p.949 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I've been busy with work lately, but here's a few with the Jupiter 8 on the M240. Also one with the ZM18 processed with SilverFx.

May 06, 2014 at 12:37 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.949 #19 · p.949 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Well, I don't own any Leica lenses, but have just about all lengths of the CV lenses... maybe one day I will sell them all for a 35 lux....

May 06, 2014 at 01:34 AM
hk_mtbr
• • •
p.949 #20 · p.949 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

airfrogusmc - I really dig that set

May 06, 2014 at 02:13 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell