946              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Bijltje
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.945 #1 · p.945 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks

adamdewilde wrote:
I'd recommend the 35Summilux-ASPH followed by the 35FLE (but that's my personal opinion). The ASPH has more hazy bokeh and slight hazy overall look. The FLE has more contrast (slightly harsher bokeh at times due to contrast) and is sharper by a lot. BTW I now have the FLE, and probably wouldn't be able to go back to the ASPH due to the lack of sharpness and contrast in comparison to the FLE.

BTW, 50cron non-apo and 35 summilux-asph are similar-ish. 28 really isn't like any other lens. 21SEM, 35FLE, 28Elmarit-asph are similar (especially once the 35FLE is stopped down
...Show more

The 35 lux asph indeed crossed my mind but I'm afraid about the focusshift. I really disliked it with the 50 sonnar ZM trough I loved its rendering.

I do have the 18 SEM and its in the same area as the 21 SEM and like you say the 35 FLE. I really like the 18 so maybe I just have to give up the idea of an 28 cron like 35 and just start enjoying them as they are.

Really hate how, after selling a lens, I regret it immediately. Even lenses I never use when I own them I still miss after selling...

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:04 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.945 #2 · p.945 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Amazing shots everyone!!! Just don't have time this evening to comment indivually.

Phil, one of my favorite lenses with the M-M was the 35 Lux FLE. It just rendered wonderfully, and it behaved in a very unique way, for the time I had it. For low light shots, it gave a very rich tonal graduation to my shots. I don't think I can describe it any differently

I really like my 35 Lux FLE.

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:20 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.945 #3 · p.945 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary nice shots the 180 APO 3.4 has the same lovely blue colors I get with the 180 APO R 2.8.

Nice shot of the bear 25 feet not bad. A long lost friend of mine who studied bears through the U of C took me with her years ago to follow one of her radio collar bears. Ironically I was the one who spotted the bear but the test of wills came later that day when we were tracking again and she said the bear is close but we couldn't see it then it popped it's head out through the bushes in front of us only 5 feet away, snorted then dashed off in the opposite direction.

By the way you should get an MM and go to Heritage Park. The portrait of the young lady was in their newest building that officially opened Friday. I got a sneak a peak on Monday but we were not allowed to bring cameras. Heck you should just take your M240 there, there is lots of interesting color shots with the old household items.

Ryan the young one I can see is always going to be drawn to the camera. In your 2nd shot is it a hug or are they starting early on their wrestling games? Good images. I like them both. 50 lux is so nice.

Bijltje I like the rendering you got with the 18. You a nice balance with the outside window light. What program did you do the PP with?

Jun 22, 2014 at 03:59 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.945 #4 · p.945 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Bijltje wrote:
Thanks

The 35 lux asph indeed crossed my mind but I'm afraid about the focusshift. I really disliked it with the 50 sonnar ZM trough I loved its rendering.

could always look at some shots with the 35 cron version IV or version I. i personally think the version IV matches well with the pre AA 50 cron.

i like the 35 lux pre-asph even more, but focus shift is an issue and it's much glowier than modern lenses.

Jun 22, 2014 at 04:52 PM
CVickery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.945 #5 · p.945 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Bijltje wrote:
...The 35 lux asph indeed crossed my mind but I'm afraid about the focusshift. ....

I have the 35 Lux Asph (pre-FLE) and I haven't found the focus shift issue to be a great concern. I owned the ZM 50/1.5 and it's focus shift was an issue, but I've never really noticed an issue with my 35 lux. There is no question that there is focus shift...it's why Leica released the FLE, but depending on the way you use the lens it may not be an issue for you.

Jun 22, 2014 at 07:12 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.945 #6 · p.945 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice images folks!

Phil

M9 w/35 FLE

Jun 22, 2014 at 08:42 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.945 #7 · p.945 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

wayne seltzer wrote:
Nice bear shot Gary! Too bad they tag them in the ear like that. Is that some Canadian NP thing? I have not seen that done in US. IMHO, it takes away from their majestic appearance. Seeing bears in the wild is a special treat!

Thanks Wayne. The tags are to identify the bears as part of the Parks' bear management and conservation program.

Edited on Jun 23, 2014 at 02:11 AM · View previous versions

Jun 22, 2014 at 09:18 PM
Bijltje
• • •
p.945 #8 · p.945 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very nice Phil!!

burningheart: I use Capture one pro 7. Great program which gives good results.

Others; Thanks!! I found the tests from Denoir again with the pre fle and I sure like its rendering. Shame I can't just walk into the store to give it an try.
Same with the older crons v4 or v3.

Found also about the 35/1.4 AA (double ASPH version from before the 35 pre fle which seems like the best option if money was no problem. Unfortunately it is..

Jun 22, 2014 at 09:23 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.945 #9 · p.945 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Bijltje wrote:
Thanks

I do have the 18 SEM and its in the same area as the 21 SEM and like you say the 35 FLE. I really like the 18 so maybe I just have to give up the idea of an 28 cron like 35 and just start enjoying them as they are.

Really hate how, after selling a lens, I regret it immediately. Even lenses I never use when I own them I still
...Show more

HAHAHA lens sale regret.. Yep, happens all the time.

Jun 22, 2014 at 09:30 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.945 #10 · p.945 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary that bear shot is awesome, were you panning on this one?

Allen that cup with the light is simply awesome, great vision

Phil

M w/50 Nocti

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

burningheart
• • • •
p.945 #11 · p.945 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Jojo awesome reflection in the window and nice follow-up color shot.

Bijltje - thanks, that's what I'm using too.

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:51 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.945 #12 · p.945 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Phil....

Jun 23, 2014 at 01:11 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.945 #13 · p.945 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Bijltje wrote:
Very nice Phil!!

burningheart: I use Capture one pro 7. Great program which gives good results.

Others; Thanks!! I found the tests from Denoir again with the pre fle and I sure like its rendering. Shame I can't just walk into the store to give it an try.
Same with the older crons v4 or v3.

Found also about the 35/1.4 AA (double ASPH version from before the 35 pre fle which seems like the best option if money was no problem. Unfortunately it is..

To be honest, I find the zm35/2 not unsimilar to 28 cron, though with less vigneting (u can always add that ). It's like a cross between the 28 and 50 cron.

L1012426 by unoh7, zm35/2 @f/2

much lower price of entry and technically maybe the best 35, perhaps outside the FLE.

Jun 23, 2014 at 03:06 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.945 #14 · p.945 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A few more... Can you spot the kayak anywhere? Not sure what the issue is in the last pic?!? Has me a bit worried though....

ZM18

50lux ASPH

Samsung S4 - Setup Pic

21SEM

Jun 23, 2014 at 03:28 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.945 #15 · p.945 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

that looks scary Gary!

Jun 23, 2014 at 03:50 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.945 #16 · p.945 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very nice Gary! Bear shot was cool, too. In that last image, you could try downloading the image again with a different card reader or computer to see if it makes a difference. I've rarely had similar happen (with digital cameras in general and not specifically Leica) and when it has, sometimes it was a problem with the card reader. Otherwise, it could be a problem with the card causing file corruption, or the file could simply be corrupt on the card, or was corrupted once on the computer. Something flaky going on with a hard drive could be another problem... had that happen once when retrieving some images a couple years old and a handful from a sequence were corrupt when pulled from one drive, but OK when pulled from another backup. This is one of my fears about migrating files from one drive to the next, to the next, etc.. Bit rot sneaking in, etc...

Very nice scenery you have over there... Us ON folks are stuck with 'worn out' mountains. Spent a few days at Killarney Provincial Park, where apparently the La Cloche mountains once were as grand as the Rockies. I've read a couple differing age estimates of either 2 or 3.5 billion years old. I think that beats what Charlie recently posted.

Here's the closest we got to a bear: (M & 50 Lux ASPH)

We did the park's signature day trip/hike to The Crack... (28 Cron, 2x 21 SEM)

(she's near the top in the above image - always many steps ahead of me)

The view from the top (21 SEM, 90 Summarit):

Dinnertime in the campground... (21 Lux)

Catching the last rays of the day... (28 Cron)

Phil - nice job with the 50 Nocti...
Allen - last set was very cool, loved the last image.
Joakim - the third one really caught my eye
Cal - enjoyed the Toronto tour.
Robert (AMS) - like the look of where you work. I was thinking I've liked the look of images Michael used to post with the 35 Cron v1... If it's for the MM and you're not looking for highly technical results, the Canon 35/2 LTM might be an interesting option. It has somewhat lively bokeh wide open with some SA glow/fringing too. Stopped down to 5.6 and more and it's very competitive with modern glass. Only difference I notice at that point is a bit lower contrast and colour saturation, though the latter wouldn't be relevant to use on the MM.

Adam, interesting to read your thoughts about the M240 and weddings. Just did another wedding on Saturday and decided to also bring along the M9 so as not to have to change lenses as often. I didn't enjoy it... For me at least, there is such a massive operational difference between the two. The M240 felt sharp and immediate... the M9 felt soggy. I also think the M240 higher ISO files look good. I don't mind the luminance noise and agree it's competitive with the 1DX. So far I haven't really pushed the M240 much beyond ISO 1600, but have used the 1DX up to 12800 and a few times even higher. Between 3200 and 6400 I feel the 1DX's dynamic range takes a hit and you lose shadow tonality. Going beyond 6400 and colour suffers. Meanwhile with the M240... had another black frame during a sequence (haven't looked at the entire shoot yet to see if there were more), plus there's definitely IR contamination. The guys wore medium grey outfits and the groom's outfit was a slightly different shade of grey (slightly cooler)... in the images it's got a bit of a purple shift, especially in the lapels. We'll see if this is a problem to fix in post... The girls wore a muted magenta, which might be affected by hue and saturation tweaks to fix the problem with the suits...

Jun 23, 2014 at 04:13 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.945 #17 · p.945 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Pretty awesome images Gary and Ron!

Jun 23, 2014 at 04:20 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.945 #18 · p.945 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary the first one where the green line leads the eye to the one spherically shaped clodt. WONDERFUL...

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.945 #19 · p.945 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Allen - thanks!
Ron - what a nice set. Looks like you had great weather too. I think you may be right with the issue I am having. I *think* I remember this happening about 6 months ago. When I imported my images into LR, I noticed one pic to have a similar issue. Once I opened up the image to full screen, the issue went away. I am hopeful it is not a camera related issue....

Jun 23, 2014 at 01:50 PM
muc_marlin
• •
p.945 #20 · p.945 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks a lot for the comments and likes!

p. 988
zhangyue, great mood with the fog!

p. 989
uhoh7, congrats to the APO 135! It's a gem witch I enjoy a lot!
Joakim, great job with the uwa lens!
Hemirott, nice shot!
Allen, nice golf series, like the second with the flying ball and the view the most.

p. 990
Gary, great bear shot! My heart would racing as well. Do you have a bell on the backpack?
Ryankarr, very cute smile!

p.991
Phil, that nocti is truly awesome!
Gary, wonderful landscape and it must be overwhelming to kayak in a scenery like this. I personal have never seen such a file and I really hope for you that the issue isn't camera related!
Ron, very niche nature! That view is just outstanding and I believe you guys should have made a picnic up there! Looks much more romantic....

Jun 23, 2014 at 02:59 PM
1       2       3              944      

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              944      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password