FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              943      
       945              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

joakim
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.944 #1 · p.944 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Playing around with the CV 15/4.5, it's been a while since I last used this lens.

Jun 21, 2014 at 05:36 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.944 #2 · p.944 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Joakim, I'm sorry to be the one who brings you the bad news, but I think the spots on your sensor look very much like delamination. You should try to clean the sensor and if the spots don't go away, the they're almost certainly delamination.

Jun 21, 2014 at 06:51 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.944 #3 · p.944 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Edward, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll start by cleaning the sensor and let's hope it is just dust spots.

Jun 21, 2014 at 07:37 PM
HEMIROTT

p.944 #4 · p.944 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

My son and meeting his 98 year old great grandmother for the first time.

Jun 21, 2014 at 08:06 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.944 #5 · p.944 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

HEMIROTT - Nice shot!

joakim - Last one is very interesting.

uhoh7 - cool shots, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new lens. And yes, I've also bought into the ultralight hiking gear (I don't ever get a chance to use the stuff though).

Jun 21, 2014 at 08:46 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.944 #6 · p.944 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:17 PM
CVickery
• • • •
p.944 #7 · p.944 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Summer in Toronto

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:46 PM
CVickery
• • • •
p.944 #8 · p.944 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

One more

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:47 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.944 #9 · p.944 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Are you meaning that spots on the outer frame appear to be delamination? I'm interested to know more..

edwardkaraa wrote:
Joakim, I'm sorry to be the one who brings you the bad news, but I think the spots on your sensor look very much like delamination. You should try to clean the sensor and if the spots don't go away, the they're almost certainly delamination.

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:53 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.944 #10 · p.944 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

burningheart
• • • •
p.944 #11 · p.944 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

joakim - nice wide expanses with the 15
Hemirott - Lovely portrait
Allen - Little golf action - I like the 3rd one. Then onto the pool nice
Cam - I like how you incorporated the telephone lines, they blend in well.

I wanted to try infrared with the Monochrom. Picked up the Singh-Ray I-Ray IR filter 52mm size and adapter rings.

Zeiss 35 F2.0 - shot for 2sec at F4

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.944 #12 · p.944 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Allen - that second last shot is superb!

Jun 22, 2014 at 01:22 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.944 #13 · p.944 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Gary....

Jun 22, 2014 at 01:30 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.944 #14 · p.944 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Had another great day in the mountains yesterday. I had the time to test out the 180 APO-R + 2X extender and it actually works quite well. The first shot was handheld and on tripod it would be even sharper I presume.

I also had the pleasure shortly after to come across the offspring of one of the most famous bears in Banff National Park (grizzly #64). This was a young one - about 3.5yrs old and not too much fat on him yet. It always gets the heart racing when you are very close (25ft) to a bear. PS - second shot is non-Leica.

180/3.4 APO Tely-T R

Bear #144

Jun 22, 2014 at 02:45 AM
ryankarr
• • •
p.944 #15 · p.944 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great bear shot Gary!

Just a few from around the house, both with MM and 50 Lux:

Leica Monochrom by ryankarr, on Flickr

Leica Monochrom by ryankarr, on Flickr

Jun 22, 2014 at 03:29 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.944 #16 · p.944 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice bear shot Gary! Too bad they tag them in the ear like that. Is that some Canadian NP thing? I have not seen that done in US. IMHO, it takes away from their majestic appearance. Seeing bears in the wild is a special treat!

Jun 22, 2014 at 04:57 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.944 #17 · p.944 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Yes, the shape and size of the spots look like delamination as it appeared on my M9 and other examples I've seen from others who had the same problem.
The good thing is that Leica replaces the sensor free of charge, if that happens to be the case, but the spots could also be oil drops from the shutter. If the spots smear after cleaning, they are oil, if they move around, they are dust, if they are unmovable, they are bubbles in the sensor coating.

KatieInTexas wrote:
Are you meaning that spots on the outer frame appear to be delamination? I'm interested to know more..

Jun 22, 2014 at 05:45 AM
Bijltje
• • •
p.944 #18 · p.944 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great shots all!

Gary, can't imagine how it would be like seeing a bear in the wild. Very nice, but found your Wolf shot from some time ago more special.

Some shots from the building I'm now working from.
All monochrom with 18 SE

Yesterday visited the Leica Pop up store Amsterdam. Nice concept were the importer of leica in the Netherlands opened a store for only 20 days. They don't sell anything but goodies but have every piece of M, T and X (could not see S) equipment laying there to try. Nice to give some exotics as the 50 APO cron and nocti a try.

Also tried the 35 lux fle as I wasn't really satisfied with the good, but little boring 35 cron which I sold last month.
Even after trying it I not sure if the 35 lux should be it.

Does anyone know a 35mm which gives the same character as the 28 cron and 50 cron? From those two I really like the sort of imperfection like vignetting and busy bokeh.
The 35 cron asph was very nice but far more clean in rendering. The 35 lux fle also seems to be a little to good.
Is there any other 35 out there which might be good to consider?

Jun 22, 2014 at 09:06 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.944 #19 · p.944 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Bijltje wrote:
Great shots all!

Gary, can't imagine how it would be like seeing a bear in the wild. Very nice, but found your Wolf shot from some time ago more special.

Some shots from the building I'm now working from.
All monochrom with 18 SE

Yesterday visited the Leica Pop up store Amsterdam. Nice concept were the importer of leica in the Netherlands opened a store for only 20 days. They don't sell anything but goodies but have every piece of M, T and X (could not see S) equipment laying there to try. Nice to give some exotics as the 50
...Show more

I'd recommend the 35Summilux-ASPH followed by the 35FLE (but that's my personal opinion). The ASPH has more hazy bokeh and slight hazy overall look. The FLE has more contrast (slightly harsher bokeh at times due to contrast) and is sharper by a lot. BTW I now have the FLE, and probably wouldn't be able to go back to the ASPH due to the lack of sharpness and contrast in comparison to the FLE.

BTW, 50cron non-apo and 35 summilux-asph are similar-ish. 28 really isn't like any other lens. 21SEM, 35FLE, 28Elmarit-asph are similar (especially once the 35FLE is stopped down a 2.8-5.6), if you have any of those, you'll know what I mean.

Jun 22, 2014 at 09:44 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.944 #20 · p.944 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Amazing shots everyone!!! Just don't have time this evening to comment indivually.

Bijltje, one of my favorite lenses with the M-M was the 35 Lux FLE. It just rendered wonderfully, and it behaved in a very unique way, for the time I had it. For low light shots, it gave a very rich tonal graduation to my shots. I don't think I can describe it any differently

Edited on Jun 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM · View previous versions

Jun 22, 2014 at 09:59 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password