Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              930      
       932              1081       1082       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.931 #1 · p.931 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

airfrogusmc wrote:
I only own a 35 lux FLE for my MM. I do all of my personal work with it and have since Nov 1012. It's a lens that matches very well with the way I see and work.

1012? No wonder you are so good on street

Mar 21, 2014 at 02:17 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.931 #2 · p.931 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

p929,
Ryan, love the use of the yellow filter with the MM Great set!
Joakim, excellent street captures!
Gary, very nice rendering with the Nikkor 5cm/1.4!
Charlie, fun series! Portrait wise love the CV 90.
Arka, beautiful set of images of your wife!

P830,
Edward, loving your portraits with the ZM 50!
Ron, great set of images! Very nice PP'ing too
Michael, excellent landscapes and color I am really enjoying your recent PP'ing to your imges.
Najibs, Very nice!! The ZM 50 looks to be very popular!! For the portraits I really like the 40/2.
Charlie, very nice portrait series! The ZM 50 and 28 Cron, are probably the most contrasty lenses in bright sunlight. I suspect for this reason alone in Australia, I tend to drift to the 50 Cron Rigid and 50 Nocti f/1.0 in bright overly harsh sunlight here

Tobin, there is no logic as to what you should have I prefer the 50's of course, but for many the 35 is sweet. I have both, but I always gravitate to the 50/75, or if I need a wide, I jump straight to the 21 SEM/24 Lux.

edwardkaraa wrote:
Ron, very nice work utilizing the full DR of the M and the colors are great! I agree about the shadow color cast, which is green in my experience. I use the embedded profile as I find it gives me a sense of familiarity with the colors of the M9. This said, the overall color balance is more pleasing with the M and easier to adjust with less PP.

I suspect there is a mangenta bias with the M240 sensor, and may explain the greenish tinge when pushing the shadows being the complementary opposite. Recently using some of the latest color profiles from VSCO 5, I am really liking these specific for the Leica's now.

Edited on Mar 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM · View previous versions

Mar 21, 2014 at 03:43 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.931 #3 · p.931 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Gary and Charles for the nice comments! Most appreciated.

Najib, really like the smoking girl shot! I find the rendering of the 50 planar to be very pleasing and well corrected without being really modern. It is after all a spherical old fashioned design.

Leonas, nice work with the 35 lux. The last shot is my favorite.

Charlie, I think the 1st shot is the best one.

Charles, I think the M sensor has a more neutral bias than the M9, which imo tends more towards cyan/green. I really prefer the M colors. Magenta is a more pleasing color to my eyes than cyan/green, and sometimes I find myself adding more magenta in PP than a neutral file requires. I think it makes the file look more Ektachrome-like The green shadows however is a bit of a problem, it keeps me from pushing the files the same way I did with the M9. With the M I try not to underexpose by more than 1 stop to preserve the highlights, which is often not enough.

Mar 21, 2014 at 04:41 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.931 #4 · p.931 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Tobin28 wrote:
Hey everyone,

My 35mm 1.4 Lux FLE has been glued to my Leica M9 for the past two years. I am finding that is my focal length for my style of photography. Two years ago I bought a 50 Lux ASPH to have because when I was a wedding photographer the 50mm was the lens I used the most so I thought that it would be the perfect kit to have. I now only shoot personal work and do no more paid work. Now when I attach the 50mm Lux I feel extremely claustrophobic with the frame lines. I find that
...Show more

The 50 APO hasn't left the camera since it came back from Germany (and it's still not up to specs, but I don't care). So I don't think you're alone... I'd probably sell everything else off if it wasn't for the odd time that I need another FL.

Mar 21, 2014 at 06:42 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.931 #5 · p.931 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
p929,
Ryan, love the use of the yellow filter with the MM Great set!
Joakim, excellent street captures!
Gary, very nice rendering with the Nikkor 5cm/1.4!
Charlie, fun series! Portrait wise love the CV 90.
Arka, beautiful set of images of your wife!

P830,
Edward, loving your portraits with the ZM 50!
Ron, great set of images! Very nice PP'ing too
Michael, excellent landscapes and color I am really enjoying your recent PP'ing to your imges.
Najibs, Very nice!! The ZM 50 looks to be very popular!! For the portraits I really like the 40/2.
Charlie, very nice portrait series! The ZM 50 and 28 Cron, are probably the most
...Show more

VSCO 5 is pretty nice.
I've just calibrated everything, And I bring a passport color checker with me for the days when I'm shooting seriously, and it seems to help quite a bit when I get back to the computer. Especially for prints

Mar 21, 2014 at 06:48 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.931 #6 · p.931 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I bounce back and forth a lot between my 35 and 50 Luxes. I occasionally tack a 21 Ultron onto my M for WA landscape work, but I don't know that I could pick a favorite between the 35 and the 50... such great lenses.

Mar 21, 2014 at 07:18 AM
joakim
• • •
p.931 #7 · p.931 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Tobin, there is no logic as to what you should have ...

I think that sums it up pretty well

Mar 21, 2014 at 09:39 AM
Tobin28
• • •
p.931 #8 · p.931 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joakim wrote:
I think that sums it up pretty well

hahahah So true!

Tobin

Mar 21, 2014 at 02:37 PM
najibs
• • •
p.931 #9 · p.931 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

And just for kicks, a Fuji X-E1 w/35/1.4 (top) vs Leica M9 w/ ZM50/2 coded as a 50 cron (bottom)

X-E1    XF35mmF1.4 R lens    35mm    f/1.4    1/170s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

M9 Digital Camera    Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. lens    50mm    f/2.4    1/60s    160 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 21, 2014 at 03:15 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.931 #10 · p.931 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

^^Can't tell the difference in blind test

Charlie, Thanks for your nice comments. Try VSCO, I haven't used 5 yet, but I recommend 1&4, in 1 I mainly use Portra, fuji160, in 4 there are a few slide film option to choose from. I can certainly spend more time on post process but they give me some good starting point quick. Though I never just plug and let them go. I don't really enjoy lift black point too much make the whole image greyish, and I always play with HSL, clarity and contrast and curve depend on the theme and subject. There are no secret but personal choice, it change/improve over the time

And I don't recommend use them as is, or use them too often, as you might bare the risk of lose yourself. I am trying to leave away with it(VSCO) with more time myself.(time is always problem) Just that the images you see here from Qingdao seems very suit for this type of film simulation.

Now some neutral edit
21 biogon

Mar 21, 2014 at 04:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.931 #11 · p.931 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:14 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.931 #12 · p.931 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue - Love the last shot of your last set.

airfrogusmc - First shot!

najibs - I really liked my fuji and 35mm, I just didn't like the looks/ergonomics of the camera.
(in all fairness, I don't like the looks/ergonomics of the A7, but the 55FE compact size and AF make me wanna keep it)

Mar 22, 2014 at 07:07 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.931 #13 · p.931 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Najibs, with web based imaging, both portraits are great. Seriously you cannot pick the difference here I prefer the rendering of the hair with the Fuji better here.
Allen, great images!
Michael, very nice!! Wonderful misty lighting as the backdrop
The new VSCO 5 has profiles now for Leica, and they provide an interesting base with the Agfa Vista and the Kodak Gold. The color are unique, and it is fascinating how they modify the base color profile. I don't use the grain with with the profiles, but the subtle base profiles are very unique and interesting. I like these latest offerings, as I would have never tried these adjustments to the profiles myself. It is very easy to back off the strength, and keep it subtle. Generally I don't use any profiles, and I keep very close to the original adobe profiles with only minor adjustments.

Edited on Mar 22, 2014 at 01:05 PM · View previous versions

Mar 22, 2014 at 07:43 AM
joakim
• • •
p.931 #14 · p.931 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for comments and likes, very much appreciated.

Starting from top of page 930
Edward, very nice b&w portrait
Ron, interesting photos from the construction site. Looks like that work could be creating havoc for traffic and commuters. Very good colors for such hrash light.
najibs, the starring contest between your kid and Dart Vader is so great.
leonasj, great job with the 35 Lux lately.
Charlie, fun portrait set. Did she approve of the lighting beforehand?
Michael, great composition in the last one of the last set and the muted colors works very well with the motive.
Allen, #3. First I didn't get it, then I got it. Now I love it.

I'm a interested in the newest VSCO set as well and noticed it comes both in a LR and a PS version. If you use one of their profiles I assume you use pretty early in your PP'ing work flow so that for someone like me that does much of the work in LR and only occasionally goes into PS the LR version would make most sense?

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:10 PM
charles.K
• • • •
p.931 #15 · p.931 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Shot last night at dinner Marisa, with M240 and 50 Cron Rigid DR, under mixed lighting at 6400ISO and f/2.0. No profiles used here, just Nik Dfine 2.0 for any possible banding.

Mar 22, 2014 at 01:07 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.931 #16 · p.931 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joakim wrote:
Allen, #3. First I didn't get it, then I got it. Now I love it.

Thanks joakim,

Just as I went past the woman on the right leaned over to look and the portable devise and mimicked the background I thought I might have a shot.

Mar 22, 2014 at 01:17 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.931 #17 · p.931 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Allen, +1 about #3
Charles, nice portrait!
50lux ASPH and M9

Oh, Boy!

Mar 22, 2014 at 02:48 PM
joakim
• • •
p.931 #18 · p.931 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A sign that spring is slowly coming. M9 and 24 Summilux.

Mar 22, 2014 at 03:02 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.931 #19 · p.931 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Put my RF focusing skills to the test last night at gymnastics.

M9 + 50 Lux ASPH, all @ 1.4

L1015233 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1015235 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1015247 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1015279 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1015326 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1015284 by ryankarr, on Flickr

L1015186 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Mar 22, 2014 at 03:05 PM
joakim
• • •