Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              929      
       931              1100       1101       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.930 #1 · p.930 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryankarr, fantastic work from you as usual. For me, the 2nd shot is the best.

Joakim, I really like the 1st shot, "bicycles and horses"

Gary, beautiful classic rendering of the old lens.

Charlie, I like the 1st shot. Nice angle and color mixture.

Arka, Outstanding set with beautiful light. Excellent! And wishing your wife and yourself a safe delivery and a healthy baby.

Mar 19, 2014 at 08:10 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.930 #2 · p.930 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

50 planar wide open:

L1000346bw by edward karaa, on Flickr

Mar 19, 2014 at 06:16 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.930 #3 · p.930 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

uhoh7 wrote:
Hi Leonas,

The super cheap M adapters are fine, like 20USD, but they go past infinity. I would disregard the angst about adapter perfection, which I feel comes largely from issues which have nothing to do with the adapters--but I'm sure there are exceptions.

Many of the expensive ones are also heavy compared to the cheap ones.

My personal favorite is the Hawks V3 which runs around 180USD. It's light, has it's own helicoid for close focus and has an adjustment for the infinity stop. Very good build one these newer hawks adapters, but you must have v3, no older for A7s.

TY
...Show more

Yes I'm sure the sensor has a lot to do with the overall look of the bokeh/lens in general. I will test a few of my lenses on the A7 (haven't tested them all yet, kinda just using the FE55).

Mar 19, 2014 at 08:11 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.930 #4 · p.930 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Lots of great stuff over the last few pages!

Some construction scenes from the subway work at Union Station during last week's trip to Toronto...

M240 & 21SEM, last one with CV12

Mar 19, 2014 at 08:12 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.930 #5 · p.930 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Arka wrote:
No, I am not sick of seeing your wife. She is lovely, and you photograph her well.

Thank you Arka, and everyone else.
You take great shots of your wife as well, and wonderful location! Where is it?
(Best wishes to your new family!)

Mar 19, 2014 at 08:14 PM
leonasj
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.930 #6 · p.930 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

uhoh7,im own Hawks V3 too

Ron,last images sharpened?do you know what is seen on evf on m240,focusing dot is confirmed?

Mar 19, 2014 at 08:37 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.930 #7 · p.930 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice work everyone. I have not had much time to comment but am "liking" as warranted...

Ron - that second shot has so much detail. I had a great time yesterday visiting the mega cities of Ancaster, Brantford, Scarborough, and Waterdown. Had a nice stay at the Thompson Hotel on Wellington St though.... Didn't hurt that it was fashion week in Toronto either! Never seen so many 6'-2" models in my life.

Mar 19, 2014 at 09:00 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.930 #8 · p.930 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Never seen so many 6'-2" models in my life.

sounds a lots of fun

Allen, Another nice street pic. The old ladyís expression makes the shot.
Ron, impressive! I like them. you pretty much stopped M240, M9 debate for me, these remind me your earlier works with M9 in this thread.
Ryankarr, strong set! strong impact.
Joakim, Love the 1st shot as well. Nice street set!
Charlie, cool set!
Arka, Beautiful light and model. Congratulation!
Adam, a Very nice/beautiful portrait. I learn new thing again. White shirt next time

21biogon, forget input code. I lost some shots for the color corner.

50lux

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:03 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.930 #9 · p.930 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hey Gary, right in my backyard. Fortunately you had a nice day for the tour. Good to know where to stay in TO during fashion week!

Leonas - I believe those were sharpened. I'm not sure about your EVF question as there is not a focus confirmation dot in it, but it does support focusing the camera's electronic focusing aids of magnified view and focus peaking. I generally don't focus with the EVF unless it's a longer, fast lens at or near wide open, such as the 50 Lux. It's faster to focus with the rangefinder and use the EVF for framing. An annoyance of this, however, is that the EVF sticks out enough that it makes vertical viewing through the OVF uncomfortable...

Thanks Michael! I think Edward's results have also been pretty convincing. That said, I do notice differences in processing. Was working on a job today and felt the shadow colors were not as neutral or clean as the M9... I still feel like there's a bit of a magenta color shift underlying some of my images with it. Might be a profile problem as I'm just using the one included with Lightroom. Great color palette in your images!

All with 21SEM

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:03 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.930 #10 · p.930 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Zhangyue, 2nd shot is my favorite. Great colors and atmosphere.

Ron, very nice work utilizing the full DR of the M and the colors are great! I agree about the shadow color cast, which is green in my experience. I use the embedded profile as I find it gives me a sense of familiarity with the colors of the M9. This said, the overall color balance is more pleasing with the M and easier to adjust with less PP.

Mar 20, 2014 at 02:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

najibs
• • •
p.930 #11 · p.930 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Some shots with the ZM 50/2

Mar 20, 2014 at 04:30 AM
leonasj
• •
p.930 #12 · p.930 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron,can update one from last your pictures at 1400*900 size?
zhangyue,last shots from M9?like it.
35FLE first at f4 ,other f1.4,jpeg from camera,no PP-no needs :

© leonasj 2014

M9+35lux FLE

© leonasj 2014

M9+35lux FLE

M9+35lux FLE

M9+35lux FLE

Mar 20, 2014 at 07:43 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.930 #13 · p.930 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Love the Darth Vader death stare!!!!!

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.930 #14 · p.930 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan - great set! Bonus points for including two Timmies cups in one of the pics.
Edward - that 50P is such a nice lens. Nice work!
Michael - love that set! The first and second are superb.
Ron - very nice. Seems like you are getting used to the PP needed for M240 files very quickly.
Najibs - I also like the Darth Vader pic!
leonasj - I would love to see a tight portrait of that bearded guy in the last pic. Nice work.

Mar 20, 2014 at 01:50 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.930 #15 · p.930 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

L1006783 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006791 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006794 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006769 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006814 by unoh7, on Flickr

playing with 50 & 28 crons

Mar 20, 2014 at 03:08 PM
Tobin28
• • •
p.930 #16 · p.930 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hey everyone,

My 35mm 1.4 Lux FLE has been glued to my Leica M9 for the past two years. I am finding that is my focal length for my style of photography. Two years ago I bought a 50 Lux ASPH to have because when I was a wedding photographer the 50mm was the lens I used the most so I thought that it would be the perfect kit to have. I now only shoot personal work and do no more paid work. Now when I attach the 50mm Lux I feel extremely claustrophobic with the frame lines. I find that I want context to the image and I am pretty use to getting close to my subject with the 35 lux. I recently bought a M6 and have had the 50 on there but I find that I donít use it. When I put the 35 on I tend to take the M6 out for fun.

I am thinking about selling the 50 lux and getting a 35 f2 cron to have for my M6. Part of me thou thinks, man everyone should have a 50mm I should keep it type of thing but Its just not where my style is right now.

Anyone else find that they stick to one focal length?

Chad

Mar 20, 2014 at 05:44 PM
najibs
• • •
p.930 #17 · p.930 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Comparing the Minolta 40/2 CLE (Top) to the Zeiss ZM 50/2 (Bottom). These are completely unedited, straight RAW to JPEG conversions.

I know, different focal lengths. The Minolta is much more Leica likeÖa bit cooler, with an older type of rendering. The Zeiss is a more saturated, modern 3D look. Just IMO...

Mar 20, 2014 at 06:01 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.930 #18 · p.930 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Tobin28 wrote:
Hey everyone,

My 35mm 1.4 Lux FLE has been glued to my Leica M9 for the past two years. I am finding that is my focal length for my style of photography. Two years ago I bought a 50 Lux ASPH to have because when I was a wedding photographer the 50mm was the lens I used the most so I thought that it would be the perfect kit to have. I now only shoot personal work and do no more paid work. Now when I attach the 50mm Lux I feel extremely claustrophobic with the frame lines. I find that
...Show more

I use 35/50 for like 90% of my photography. I would keep the 50 on for weeks at a time, then suddenly feel like going a bit wider, so I switch to the 35 for a period of time. I think both FL are typical and essential FL for RF shooting.

Mar 20, 2014 at 06:09 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.930 #19 · p.930 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Zhangyue, 2nd shot is my favorite. Great colors and atmosphere.

Ron, very nice work utilizing the full DR of the M and the colors are great! I agree about the shadow color cast, which is green in my experience. I use the embedded profile as I find it gives me a sense of familiarity with the colors of the M9. This said, the overall color balance is more pleasing with the M and easier to adjust with less PP.

+1

Tons of great shots up there, but Michael #2 is just superb, incredible comp with your special color slide signature. I'd love to look over your shoulder in PP to see just how you get your "look", which, as many note, is so distinctive we can pick your shots even from different cameras.

And Ron, my fav is number 1.

re my last set, the shoot was on demand and totally the subjects plan. I just used the glass I had with me.

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:58 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.930 #20 · p.930 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Tobin28 wrote:
Hey everyone,

My 35mm 1.4 Lux FLE has been glued to my Leica M9 for the past two years. I am finding that is my focal length for my style of photography. Two years ago I bought a 50 Lux ASPH to have because when I was a wedding photographer the 50mm was the lens I used the most so I thought that it would be the perfect kit to have. I now only shoot personal work and do no more paid work. Now when I attach the 50mm Lux I feel extremely claustrophobic with the frame lines. I find that
...Show more

I only own a 35 lux FLE for my MM. I do all of my personal work with it and have since Nov 2012. It's a lens that matches very well with the way I see and work.

Edited on Mar 21, 2014 at 04:01 AM · View previous versions

Mar 21, 2014 at 01:11 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password