1       2       3              924      
       926              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

uhoh7
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.925 #1 · p.925 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I like that shot, Edward

Great work and wonderful variation above!

Yesterday:

L1013236 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1013225 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1013158 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1013290 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1013294 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1013312 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1013284 by unoh7, on Flickr

Spring comes fast all with the 28 cron.

I'm experimenting with landscape dof tactics with this lens. Once you go past f/11 diffraction seems to often take over-----but not always! Or so I'm suspecting.

I'm taking several shots of the same subject and varying my focus from close objects to midway to horizon. Trying to see what will give most the most clarity across the range. Searching for my hyperfocals, I guess.

Any thoughts on that?

May 31, 2014 at 04:21 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.925 #2 · p.925 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you Charlie!

Really love no. 3, 4 and 7.

One more photo with the planar:

L1000876 by edward karaa, on Flickr

May 31, 2014 at 05:25 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.925 #3 · p.925 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Quick question.. One of my lenses is back focusing on both my M240 bodies and a friends M240 body, and I've sent it to Leica, but they just sent it back unfixed.. Is there a way I can quickly fix it myself, or is it something that can easily be done by a local non-leica technician?

I'm only asking as I just don't have time right now to send the lens to Leica, I need a "quick fix" I can send them the lens later on.. IDEAS?

May 31, 2014 at 05:43 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.925 #4 · p.925 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
Quick question.. One of my lenses is back focusing on both my M240 bodies and a friends M240 body, and I've sent it to Leica, but they just sent it back unfixed.. Is there a way I can quickly fix it myself, or is it something that can easily be done by a local non-leica technician?

I'm only asking as I just don't have time right now to send the lens to Leica, I need a "quick fix" I can send them the lens later on.. IDEAS?

Adam, in my experience, adjusting focus on lenses needs direct feedback to the technician and may require several attempts to fine tune it. That is why it is better to do it at a local skilled technician. My 85 Sonnar came back from Zeiss worse than before, and the local technician adjusted it perfecty in a couple of days. If you have any plans to come to Bangkok, I will take you to my technician. I have no idea who does this in Singapore.

May 31, 2014 at 05:51 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.925 #5 · p.925 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great B and W Edwards again, Uhoh very nice landscapes

Phil

M9 w/35 FLE

May 31, 2014 at 05:53 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.925 #6 · p.925 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Just got back from some time out this AM
Still working on my timing

Two passing ships?

May 31, 2014 at 06:32 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.925 #7 · p.925 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Adam, in my experience, adjusting focus on lenses needs direct feedback to the technician and may require several attempts to fine tune it. That is why it is better to do it at a local skilled technician. My 85 Sonnar came back from Zeiss worse than before, and the local technician adjusted it perfecty in a couple of days. If you have any plans to come to Bangkok, I will take you to my technician. I have no idea who does this in Singapore.

Thanks Edward, I may actually take you up on your offer if I can't find a tech here (as I might be in BKK soon). Although I have a feeling there are a few fellows here that would probably know how to adjust the lens. Having digital rangefinders and live view and all that jazz sure does make it easier to adjust I'm sure

May 31, 2014 at 06:48 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.925 #8 · p.925 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Time for a selfie, 50 Lux

May 31, 2014 at 07:30 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.925 #9 · p.925 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Phil, nice colorful shots.
Allen, no. 2 is just awesome!
Adam, you should definitely let me know when you're in BKK.
Joakim, nice to see you! You should learn to shoot with your right eye so that we can see your face

May 31, 2014 at 07:43 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.925 #10 · p.925 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Edward I was wondering if anyone would catch it. I have been really working on my timing.
joakim-Love the Friedlander-ish selfie....

Edited on Jun 01, 2014 at 02:27 AM · View previous versions

May 31, 2014 at 07:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

KatieInTexas
• • •
p.925 #11 · p.925 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Lovely shots everyone!!! Adam, you should post more of your work!

So, what is everyone using these days for a camera bag? I have a large bag for my whole kit, but want something small for just a body/lens to carry around daily...

May 31, 2014 at 07:57 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.925 #12 · p.925 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I have just bought a Domke F-8 for exactly the same purpose that you describe Katie. I'm very happy with it and highly recommend it.

PS: I also got the F-6 for 1 body, 4 lenses and lots of other stuffs to carry when I travel. Also excellent.

KatieInTexas wrote:

So, what is everyone using these days for a camera bag? I have a large bag for my whole kit, but want something small for just a body/lens to carry around daily...

May 31, 2014 at 08:11 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.925 #13 · p.925 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I use this. I think I posted this before. It's a WWII USMC officers musette bag
Foam in hte bottom with a cut out for the camera. Could cut out a couple of places for more lenses or another body if need be. I love it. Nobody suspects a camera inside.

May 31, 2014 at 08:18 PM
CVickery
• • • •
p.925 #14 · p.925 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I use the Ona Bowery as a small bag....M body plus 2-3 lenses. Ona makes a variety of bags that might suit. Billingham also has some nice bags.

KatieInTexas wrote:

May 31, 2014 at 11:39 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.925 #15 · p.925 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I like the leather truffle bowery... But already have two lovely leather handbags that hold the same volume. I wonder if I couldn't just add an insert to one of them...

Jun 01, 2014 at 01:24 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.925 #16 · p.925 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Katie, that sounds like a plan.

Jun 01, 2014 at 01:37 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.925 #17 · p.925 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, just love those high contrast graphic images!!!
Edward, great street work, and excellent to see your B&W images too. I really like the conversions to B&W with the M240.
Allen, amazing street work! I continue to be amazed by your images
Nico, wonderful shots!
Charlie, just love images of the old "beast". Very nice series.
Phil, really nice work.
Joakim, nice selfie

Adam, beautifully captured portrait! With regards to the calibration of M lenses, I would if possible find a Camera repair center that specializes in lens repairs. In Melbourne, we have the Camera Clinic, which is also authorized for Leica repair, and they will turn around lens calibrations where possible in about 5 days. They repair all makes of cameras and lenses, so they do have a very sophisticated lab setup. With back focusing where the lens was in calibration before, and assuming the M240 is fine, this usually is a relatively minor adjustment without the need to go back to Solms. To be honest, I have "night mares" about sending equipment back to Solms, as it takes so long, and with my new 50 Lux, it was sent back 3 times!!! Fortunately they loaned a 50 Lux for 6 months, until they fixed the issue.

Katie, I have couple Domke F10D bags, that look very old, and keep my presence low key when traveling. Of course I only take one with me, but I make sure I have really good lens pouches so it protects the lenses from any bumps.

Jun 01, 2014 at 02:15 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.925 #18 · p.925 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Edward - really liking your B&W's lately...
Charlie - such beautiful country where you live.
Phil - what a funny set. What variety!
Allen - very nice! #4 and 5 are really good. I like how you (at times) incorporate bold street lines into some of your shots. It adds a great amount of tension. Do you typically shoot in the morning?
Joakim - nice selfie!

BTW - has anyone seen Finding Vivian Maier? I went to see it tonight and absolutely loved it. Such a quirky person but amazing street work.

Edited on Jun 01, 2014 at 04:43 AM · View previous versions

Jun 01, 2014 at 04:34 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.925 #19 · p.925 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Gary,

Seems like that lately LoL. Usually just whenever I can find the time to get out. I like early or late. Not much for mid-day, though if it's overcast I'll take it.

And yes I really liked it to. What a talent.

Jun 01, 2014 at 04:40 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.925 #20 · p.925 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you very much Charles and Gary! Also I missed to thank Phil and Nico for their earlier comments! Greatly appreciated.

Jun 01, 2014 at 04:49 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password