919              1382       1383       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

redisburning
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.918 #1 · p.918 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
M240 - 85 Sonnar

nice shots, and when I see these I think Zeiss should port this formula to FE mount.

May 21, 2014 at 04:17 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.918 #2 · p.918 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

More 28cron

At Pfeiffer beach

I was trying to wait for sunset here (red light go through the tunnel) but the wind is so strong that I can't even stand steady. My Gitzo 1544 won't work under wind like this and my kids no longer enjoy the stay. so I have to take a few shots and left

May 21, 2014 at 04:55 PM
seekuh
• •
p.918 #3 · p.918 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congratulations Charles! :-)

May 21, 2014 at 05:08 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.918 #4 · p.918 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

May 21, 2014 at 10:52 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.918 #5 · p.918 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you so much for the very kind wishes and likes!!! I know Marisa is thrilled with the gratitude and thoughts

Michael, love your shots! The PP'ing is very unique and full of feeling
Ceder, nice low key street shot.
Joakim, really liking your street captures!
kape, very nice! If there is no focus shift, I think earlier 35 Lux Asph, renders gentler. I think my previous frustrations with calibrating lenses, is fast leading me to lenses that work easily. I had 4 copies of the ZM 50/1.5 Sonnar, and none worked properly, so I ended up sending back, and relying on the 50 Lux Asph.
Edward, excellent images! Fortunately I have the 75 Lux, or I would be looking for the ZM 85
Allen, really nice captures!!

May 22, 2014 at 12:42 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.918 #6 · p.918 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

IT CAME! I have the silver 50 lux asph on the M-E. I only had a few minutes to test today, but so far - WOW. Super happy with it. Colors are simply gorgeous. I can see that my post work will have to change; as I realize that I've only ever shot with CV lenses. Focus is PERFECT.

The new lux with (gasp!) a protective filter... I'm scared, as the dog already tried to lick the lens...

Didn't have enough time to fix the reds here, but wow is it super sharp

The aforementioned lens licker

May 22, 2014 at 01:37 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.918 #7 · p.918 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
IT CAME! I have the silver 50 lux asph on the M-E. I only had a few minutes to test today, but so far - WOW. Super happy with it. Colors are simply gorgeous. I can see that my post work will have to change; as I realize that I've only ever shot with CV lenses. Focus is PERFECT.

now, looks like leica glass indeed have magic dust. These look great.

May 22, 2014 at 02:31 AM
atwl77
• •
p.918 #8 · p.918 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I haven't been here for a while and a lot has happened. Congrats Charles on your wedding, and congrats Katie on your new lens!

May 22, 2014 at 02:39 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.918 #9 · p.918 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congrats Katie!!!!

May 22, 2014 at 03:12 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.918 #10 · p.918 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congrats Charles!

Katie - excellent images and congrats on receiving the lens! Mine is silver too (don't remember if I mentioned that already). And maybe I'm in a minority, but I really like the color of the M-E too.

One word of caution: be careful about repeatedly handling the lens by the front/hood. For example, I learned that if one always pulls the lens out of the camera bag by the hood, and attaches/removes it by handling the hood, that eventually the hood and filter/name ring will fall off (but not lens elements) because it's held in place by a single tiny screw and a few spots of glue. Yup, someone at Leica came up with that brilliant design... for a $4K lens. This was particularly bad for me because I hate the Lux's push/pull captive hood. I find it very annoying because it doesn't lock in either position and always moves around when I pull it out of the camera bag, etc.. Therefore I ended up putting a third party hood on it, mounted via the filter ring. I constantly handled the lens by the screw-in hood whenever mounting it, or changing lenses, etc.... which put more stress on the tiny screw than would be the case if the lens was always handled primarily by the body.... and in my case, caused the front to fall off. So now the front of my Lux is held on by gaffer's tape so that I can at least keep using the screw in hood and/or filters without fear of the front falling off again....

Great images everyone and thanks for the likes.

Excellent set Allen!
Charlie - thanks for the additional information. Regarding the 28 Cron and flare... IMO it definitely lags behind the two ZM35s and probably also the CV35/1.2. Of my regularly used lenses, I find flare is a fairly common problem with the 28... Gotta watch where the sun is positioned outside the frame. With the M9 it was always a bit hit or miss. At least with the M240, if I'm really concerned about it, I can preview it in live view first.
Joakim - really like the one of the woman in white. Great example too of 50 Lux ASPH rendering and subject separation, even for how much you apparently stopped down for that image (based on EXIF and the aperture shape in the highlights).
Michael - great colors and really like the first set of these, from a page or two back. I can sympathize with your impatient companions... Lately have been going on 'exercise' walks on the trails with the GF, which means she wants to keep moving at a fast enough pace for an elevated heart rate. It's very bad for my photos as I am unable to slow down and absorb a location. As I explained to her, it's like being a passenger in a car and the driver won't stop for photo opps...

Just processed some M9 images from back in October... chipping away at the backlog...

Somewhat more abstract than usual, with the 50 Lux ASPH... and HEAVILY processed:

May 22, 2014 at 03:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.918 #11 · p.918 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Really nice Ron.

I to like the color of the M-E.

May 22, 2014 at 03:32 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.918 #12 · p.918 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congrats Katie!

Here's another wallet made using full shell cordovan. Another lazy shoot taken with an M8 and 50 lux

May 22, 2014 at 03:51 AM
toshiro
• •
p.918 #13 · p.918 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

M9 with the lovely ZM Planar, my favourite 50mm so far after owning (and selling) a Lux asph, a Cron V and both noktons

May 22, 2014 at 07:09 AM
joakim
• • • •
p.918 #14 · p.918 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, the light was really bright that day so I used a 3 stop ND filter most of the time so the aperture in the EXIF data should be off by 3 stops as well.

Could the ND filter have an effect on bokeh and/or the shpae of the highlights?

May 22, 2014 at 07:45 AM
ceder
• •
p.918 #15 · p.918 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congrats Charles! And that lens is looking good Katie!

May 22, 2014 at 09:35 AM
AshNZ
• •
p.918 #16 · p.918 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Congratulations Charles

M8 50 Lux ASPH

EDIT: why doesn't a direct flickr link work anymore?

May 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.918 #17 · p.918 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Joakim - thanks for the info... I was wondering. I don't think a ND will affect bokeh. The shape of the specular highlights seems like you were stopped down more than f/4, but the background separation implies a wider aperture, so I was a bit unsure..
Toshiro - very nice and I agree the ZM50/2 is an excellent lens!
Rocky - great work, both the subjects themselves and how you photographed them to benefit from the Lux's rendering.

Another one, 50 Lux ASPH on M9:

May 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM
kape06111

p.918 #18 · p.918 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Hi,

nice shots. Congrats Katie for your new 50.

I have changed my set up, My 35 ASPH + zeiss 50 sonnar by 50 lux asph + elmarit 28. On monday i will get my new 50 and 28.

Some of my last pics with the nice lux 35.

Edited on May 22, 2014 at 03:12 PM · View previous versions

May 22, 2014 at 02:19 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.918 #19 · p.918 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Edward - I've had this happen with a Canon 1Ds3 and a D4.. Both CF cards. I don't think it's the camera, I think the cards sometimes just die.

Charles - Nice, congratulations!

Caved and brought the 35FLE with me, but have been using the 50APO till after sunset. Might use the 35FLE during the day, but so far it's been really a good night lens, and I'm really loving the 50APO to much.

May 22, 2014 at 03:05 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.918 #20 · p.918 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

redisburning wrote:
focus shift is inherent to the design of the pre FLE. the lens has focus shift, period, whether it's noticeable by all end users or not.

I don't know if this is entirely true.. I think that maybe Leica just couldn't get the tolerances right on a large majority of the lenses, thus "admitted" a design flaw, but really just redesigned the lens for easier manufacturing/better performance (the FLE is WAY sharper wide open). The reason I think this is, I've NEVER noticed an issue with my lens, and I know a few other people who haven't either, but then I know of a ton of people that have.. So I'm thinking it's a tolerance thing. And believe me, it's not just my imagination (or me wishing the lens to be good), when I have a problem with a lens, no matter how much I've spent on it, I voice it.. My 50APO is riddled with problems (or was, and still kinda is), and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Anyway, I don't have the pre-asph, I wish I did, I'd run tests again w/liveview 10x.

May 22, 2014 at 03:05 PM
1       2       3              917      

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              917      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password