Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              915      
       917              1098       1099       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Manoj
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.916 #1 · p.916 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

All above with the UC-Hexanon 35mm f2, BTW.

Najib, lovely shots with the 40cron C. #1 is my favorite and also like the subtle colors in the 3rd. Those two large spots close to the center bother me. Those look too big for dust spots and don't look like part of the clouds. Also, the dust spot closest to the center line appears to have some sort of a halo.

Thanks, rirakuma.

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:48 PM
BrianVS
• •
p.916 #2 · p.916 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Zhang- for images like that, you may be excused...

I'm looking at beautiful images of Snow, and Snow coming down out outside the Window that will need a lot of shoveling... Mine does not looks as good.

On the M240 Red: If anyone wants to open a new thread for discussion, would be interesting. Looking at the histograms, the Reds have about twice the weight that they did with the CCD's in the M8 and M9. On those sensors, the Red and Blue channel are equally as sensitive, the green portion of the curve carries twice the weight. The first generation Kodak sensors of the early 1990s have a response like that of the histogram shown.

Mar 03, 2014 at 01:18 PM
rirakuma
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.916 #3 · p.916 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

BrianVS wrote:
Zhang- for images like that, you may be excused...

I'm looking at beautiful images of Snow, and Snow coming down out outside the Window that will need a lot of shoveling... Mine does not looks as good.

On the M240 Red: If anyone wants to open a new thread for discussion, would be interesting. Looking at the histograms, the Reds have about twice the weight that they did with the CCD's in the M8 and M9. On those sensors, the Red and Blue channel are equally as sensitive, the green portion of the curve carries twice the weight. The first generation Kodak
...Show more

There's been a few threads on LUF about the warm colours of the M and it quickly turned ugly. I think Leica is well aware of this issue and I'm just holding tight for some kind of update.

Here's an image I worked on recently, taken with the 35 lux which I've dearly missed. Its coming back from Solms soon with a fat bill.

Mar 03, 2014 at 02:16 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.916 #4 · p.916 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice shots all. Quite frankly, all that discussion over the color of the M240 files was waaaay over exaggerated IMO. Indeed, there were issues early on but they were rectified after the FW update. I do very little color tweaking (if any) to my files and I am super happy. I really think it all comes down to ones own personal tastes wrt to color output. Even then, with a little adjustment the files can be altered as needed.

Rocky - nice pic with 35lux! What did you have done to it at Solms?

Mar 03, 2014 at 03:27 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.916 #5 · p.916 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots all as always!

What color?

Canon 35 1.8 ltm

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:04 PM
salvaz
• •
p.916 #6 · p.916 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I have been gone from the best thread on Fred Miranda for awhile. During this time I fell in love with the rangefinder experience and have not miss my Canon equipment for a minute. I now have the Leica M and I am very pleased with this camera and the upgrades.

The b/w is nice with a lot of detail

Being able to shoot indoors with the better ISO

February in southern Calif., the weather makes it feel like spring

I am back to doing landscapes with the 24mm SEM

Not everyone is blond in Beverly Hills

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:22 PM
rirakuma
• •
p.916 #7 · p.916 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Salvaz congrats on your new M ! Gary, my lens was smearing on the left half of the image wide open so I sent it to Solms for a repair and CLA. Its been about 3 months now and I'm glad to have it back soon. I'm a 35mm guy so you can probably guess how much I miss it

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:28 PM
Manoj
• •
p.916 #8 · p.916 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ama.a.a.a.zing shot there, rirakuma. Beautiful.
joe, nice shots of your kids.

ZM 25mm biogon wide open.

Information by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Mar 03, 2014 at 05:12 PM
BrianVS
• •
p.916 #9 · p.916 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

It's been a long time since I visited LUF. I'll never understand how a discussion on Spectral response and quantum efficiency turns ugly, but it does.

I have the Data Sheets for Kodak and Truesense going back 20+ years. In the late 1990s they introduced "Indium Tin Oxide" to increase sensitivity in the Blue and Green portion of the spectrum. I have their first generation CCD, great for IR. "Blue, What Blue?"

Mar 03, 2014 at 06:30 PM
nicoimages
• •
p.916 #10 · p.916 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A couple of images taken outside work in the City of London with the Leica M240 and the tiny Voigtlander 21/4

Found that manually coding it as a Leica 28mm 2.8 ASPH produces the least red edge although it is still not totally gone.

Uhoh really jealous of your SEM 21/3.4 just can't justify the cost at the moment but very tempted...

Mar 03, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

charles.K
• • • •
p.916 #11 · p.916 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Adrian, very nice balance and composition!
Charlie, great set of images, and just love the lighting
Michael, stunning series of shots!!! The region and landscape is amazing
Manoj, I prefer all the color ones as a set, or depending on your target, all B&W. The color series I prefer because of the pastel colors of earthy and green tones.
Rocky, beautifully captured image!!! Love the color and lighting.
Joe, wonderful images of your son!
Nico, excellent building scapes!!
Salvador, congrats on the M240!! Very nice series.

I agree with Gary, the color issue with the M240 and latest FW update, is marginal and is easily adapted with normal PP workflow now. I have recently reviewed some of my original M9 DNG files from 2010, and there were many issues then with the magenta edging, or then referred to as the Italian flag and wrong color profiles, but now the M9 color profiles are excellent still with a tinge of red oversat! IMO the transparency and the work ability of the DNG files is what I really enjoy.

Edited on Mar 04, 2014 at 02:41 AM · View previous versions

Mar 04, 2014 at 12:03 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.916 #12 · p.916 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice Nicol, that first is very unique

Awesome Salvador the B and W your 2 minutes away from my sisters house, we need to shoot sometimes?

Manoj lovely colors

Joe love your kid shots, very nice! the foreground and BG rendering is very very nice!

Edwards lovely street scenes, thanks for your comments, love your engaging street shots always, the totally opposite of me

rirakuma beautiful mood in the forest, captured and well seen

Edited on Mar 04, 2014 at 03:55 AM · View previous versions

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:50 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.916 #13 · p.916 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments, Manoj, Charles, Phil and also others for your "likes".

Thread moves fast and I apologize for not commenting individually, but I have been enjoying everyone recent pics and using the "like" button.

Can't beat my Mono and fast glass for low light wine tasting

Mar 04, 2014 at 03:03 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.916 #14 · p.916 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

ooooh on that note I better have a glass

TY for kind words all. I've always been a sort of random shooter: a hit to me is often a miss to most But love to really hit a mark once in a while.

another day at the office:

L1005494 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005520 by unoh7, on Flickr

I love this guy cause he's even more unkept and tardy than me:

L1005512 by unoh7, on Flickr

Today I brought the match T 1.45x mag to see what I could do with my 90 wide open:

L1005541 by unoh7, on Flickr
same lady:

L1005571 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005574 by unoh7, on Flickr

I hope I can do this when I'm 75+ (who says M9 not a sports camera?)

L1005584 by unoh7, on Flickr

after this run we get the top in a flurry, and my lady says: "Oh. look at that sign: 'Camera Lens found, see ski patrol'" So, I check my pockets and camera. Yes 3k of glass accounted for. But......we better see this found lens. We swing by the patrol shack. "what did you loose?" "no, clue but I carry alot..." I show them the CV 90. "oh, no it's not like that. It's really small, like an eyepiece." I look at the M9. No Mag.

They found my two day old MT mag on the loading ramp!

You can't make it up

L1005545 by unoh7, on Flickr
CV 90 bokeh

L1005516 by unoh7, on Flickr

Mar 04, 2014 at 04:34 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.916 #15 · p.916 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you so much for the kind words Manoj, Phil.

Manoj, lovely set. I really hope to visit India one day.

Rirakuma, beautiful forest shot. Love the warm tone.

Joe, nice photos and cute kids. They're growing fast! You forgot to add a color shot of your Monochrom with a glass of wine

Salvador, congrats and welcome back. Really like the last shot!

Nico, the first shot is just fantastic! The blue cast really adds to the shot.

Charlie, nice ski set as usual. I especially like the lady's portrait and the last shot.

Mar 04, 2014 at 04:50 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.916 #16 · p.916 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Charlie, nice ski set as usual. I especially like the lady's portrait and the last shot.

+1

Manoj, Forget comment your 'left brain' work, I hope my left brain as good your recent door series also has very interesting color and texture.

Rirakuma, Nice taste of process. Is it happen at autumn?

Joe, Your life seems too good beautiful kids, nice camera and tasty wine

Salvador, congrats and welcome back. The last one!

Nico, Another nice set. you certainly have your style.

Thank you all for comments and like

I know this gonna be tough for people to view the images in full below, sorry

50lux M9 Qingdao

Is the tree branch bother you on 1st? Is there a good way to remove it, clone in LR doesn't work very well.

Edited on Mar 04, 2014 at 06:21 PM · View previous versions

Mar 04, 2014 at 03:49 PM
joakim
• • •
p.916 #17 · p.916 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Michael, I like the colors a lot in those photos and I am not to bothered by the branch but if you want to try to remove it I think the patch tool in PS would be good for it.

Mar 04, 2014 at 04:03 PM
hanexp

p.916 #18 · p.916 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Can't beat my Mono and fast glass for low light wine tasting
http://josephow.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v87/p962732949-5.jpg

It's been a long time since I have cracked a bottle of Duckhorn! Certainly worthy of several "likes" for the subject matter as well as the tasty photo where the tonality recall the flavor profile of the wine.

Mar 04, 2014 at 05:42 PM
nicoimages
• •
p.916 #19 · p.916 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you all for your very kind comments and likes.

zhangyue really like the b&w landscapes, as you asked, I would clone out the branches in the colour images - photoshop stamp clone or healing brush (probably combination of both) will do a good job of this.

Manoj - prefer the colour shots as they convey the atmosphere better.

Leica M240 with Zeiss Planar ZM 50/2

Edited on Mar 04, 2014 at 10:02 PM · View previous versions

Mar 04, 2014 at 08:17 PM
charles.K
• • • •
p.916 #20 · p.916 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe, very nice low light shot! The CV 35/1.4 SC must be a great combo with the MM.
Charlie, love these snow series!
Michael, excellent landscapes! The best way to rid/clone/repair unwanted items, is with CS6. With Lr, just Control E, and the image is sent directly to CS6. The removal tools, are very good, just surround the items and Delete. It will be deleted in a smart way. Then Control Save, and the image is back in Lr, as a Tiff file. Lr functionality for removing, cloning, etc is not very good. This is very quick!
Nico, I like #2

Mar 04, 2014 at 08:46 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password