Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              914      
       916              1079       1080       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.915 #1 · p.915 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Bryan

I love this lens, it's a very clean and sharp copy. The characteristic bubbles in the glass are from the era of production.

It has the Amedeo M adapter, very well made high quality piece of metal

Phil

Taken w/Sony RX1r

Mar 02, 2014 at 11:58 PM
resante

Upload & Sell: Off
p.915 #2 · p.915 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots on the last page, I haven't browsed this thread in a while. Nico, that last one makes a good wallpaper

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:00 AM
BrianVS
• •
p.915 #3 · p.915 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Phil- thanks for posting the picture of the lens, an "uncommon" post war Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 "T". Optics are improved, larger diameter, than the pre-war and wartime lens. I have one like it, slightly earlier- but the rear fixture hangs up on the RF Cam when used with the adapter on the M3. I will revisit it with the Digital Leica.

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:18 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.915 #4 · p.915 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much for the comments and likes
Manoj, the 50 Cron IV is a beautiful lens! Love #1 and 2.
Charlie, nice competition of the violinist! Nice set, and I hope the 21 SEM is fixed soon

Edward, wonderful street series!! The red has often been an issue with the digital Leica. I do remember when the first M9's arrived, similar issue with the reds, so much so I opted for the next 12 months to use C1 Pro, as the colors were more accurate. With the later firmware updates, and later versions of Lr, the problem disappeared, and became less of a problem. Again when the first M240 came out the reds were again being wildly accentuated, and affected the skin tones and giving the effect of blotchy skin. I do think they need another FW update to correct this, combined with a better profile with Lr. Generally C1 Pro is a lot better, but a pain to use. In mixed lighting for skin tones, I just reduce the red saturation either in Lr, or CS via Lab color space. Bangkok street scenes I find very hard to balance as there are many conflicting colors, with the rich pinks, purples and reds. With portraits, I marginally reduce the sats of these, so the focus is on the subject. I agree, the increased DR and colors of the Sony are really nice, but the more I now look, I do think there is the effect of the sensor topping on the A7r's. No free lunch!!!

Joakim, beautiful B&W tones!!
Hanexp, cool action images!
Nico, love your graphic shots!
Phil, wonderful portrait renderings combining old with the M-M! Love the picture of the 5cm Sonnar.
Allen, excellent environmental portrait!!

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Mirek Elsner
• • •
p.915 #5 · p.915 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

BrianVS wrote:
Mirek- the histogram shows the Red and Green channels are blown out, I suspect "15582" is saturation, somehow 16383 (14bits) less a Dark-Current value to being to 0. Odd that Red and Green would saturate, but blue is so much less sensitive. Very different from the M8 and M9. The IR cut filter usually cuts out some red as well. I need to look for the response curves for the M240, I remember seeing them somewhere. I have the M8 longsheet for the sensor.

Brian, The same values look suspicious, but RawDigger says that there is zero pixels overexposed in that image. If the histogram is shown in logarithmic scale, it looks like that there is only handful of pixels between 8k and 15882:

Mar 03, 2014 at 01:32 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.915 #6 · p.915 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the likes and comments All

Phil

M9 w/28 Cron

Mar 03, 2014 at 02:58 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.915 #7 · p.915 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much for the suggestion Mirek. I will try it this evening.

I have noticed the reds will be blown not only in shots containing lively reds, but even some normally exposed skin tones will show some blown parts.

Mirek Elsner wrote:

Edward, did you have a chance to look at the red exposure in raw files in RawDigger? I am wondering if the reds are really blown out in raw or if it is just a gamut or profile problem. Most of the time I look at my raws, it is the greens that are the most exposed. I heard the complaints about reds with m240 before, but I have never been able to generate that problem. Do you have any tips how to replicate it?

Here is an image and histogram from RawDigger.

http://elsners.org/misc/L1002100.jpg

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:04 AM
najibs
• • •
p.915 #8 · p.915 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M9 W/ 40 CRON-C

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:04 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.915 #9 · p.915 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Guys, thank you so much for the comments, likes and suggestions on how to improve the M colors.

Hanexp, a fun set and the PP looks good to my eyes.

Nico, beautiful shots! I totally agree with you about the reds. I had the same experience with the M9 too. I needed to underexpose to avoid clipping the red channel, then push the exposure in post. I will need to follow the same strategy with the M.

Phil, adorable little girl (daughter?) portrait.

Brian, lovely portrait as well

Allen, again great portrait of your nurse, this time male

Charles, thank you so much for your nice comments and feedback. Indeed I agree that the camera profile can be improved. Unlike you, I'm too lazy to fiddle with individual colors, and mostly I screw up the color rather than correct it

Najib, nice work with the new M9. My favorite is the 2nd shot.

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:17 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.915 #10 · p.915 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

More shots from yesterday with the biogon 35/2:

L1000128 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1000129 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1000131 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1000135 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.915 #11 · p.915 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

and last installment:

L1000136 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1000140 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1000144 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:24 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
p.915 #12 · p.915 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Guys, thank you so much for the comments, likes and suggestions on how to improve the M colors.

Hanexp, a fun set and the PP looks good to my eyes.

Nico, beautiful shots! I totally agree with you about the reds. I had the same experience with the M9 too. I needed to underexpose to avoid clipping the red channel, then push the exposure in post. I will need to follow the same strategy with the M.

Phil, adorable little girl (daughter?) portrait.

Brian, lovely portrait as well

Allen, again great portrait of your nurse, this time male

Charles, thank you
...Show more

Thanks Ed but older short haired female.

More great work Edward. Looks like you've been busy.

Mar 03, 2014 at 05:15 AM
rirakuma
• •
p.915 #13 · p.915 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

^Your colours are looking great Ed, hope you're enjoying the M

Mar 03, 2014 at 06:04 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.915 #14 · p.915 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Edward #3 from the first and #2 from the second in the above series are superb! The colors and composition really work IMO

Mar 03, 2014 at 06:27 AM
atwl77
• •
p.915 #15 · p.915 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots, everyone.

I haven't been on here for a bit due to both work as well as the crazy heat/haze/water situation here in Malaysia (resulting in little incentive to leave the house to shoot).

Here's one recent shot from me, kind of representing the irony of the situation here:

Regarding the red channel clipping situation being discussed above, my usual response is that if it isn't clipped in RAW then it's either your postprocessing or gamut clipping; with the red channel it's usually more of the latter than the former.

But this being the M240 we're talking about, I'm also wondering if IR contamination has any part to play in this, and is it worth it to try a test with and without an IR cut filter to see if there's any difference?

Mar 03, 2014 at 06:39 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.915 #16 · p.915 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

@ edward great series last several pages. You are hitting your stride now with the 240 Biogon looks great.
@hanexp funny and good set with the bricks
@ nico nice bulidings, well shot
@jojo sweet shot last page
@najibs I like the street shot

Stormy today, with a few breaks:

L1005444 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005452 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005457 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005427 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005471-2 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005458-3 by unoh7, on Flickr

more fun with the SEM 21
I found a zi 21 finder for a decent price, as the frakenfinder is a bit much for daily use. I've been winging it in general. New old one should be here this week. Could have used it in the last shot , but the 21 is forgiving to crop.

Also had a 1.4x mag arrive, so I will try some f/4 skiing shots this week with the 90s this week.

The 21 brings new meaning to "zone focus" I also had a CV 35/1.4 with me, but missed a bunch, either by focus or frame. The 21 is especially good with kids, who don't care if I buzz around them and grab a few snaps---I do know them of course

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:03 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.915 #17 · p.915 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Sorry I have been busy with RX thread and miss the march of this thread.

I have to give up comment individually, please forgive me

But Edward, your images with M240 improved pg by pg in terms of color. I feel almost there at Thailand street
I want welcome the new contributors like hanexp and najibs join the thread and have been enjoying your contribution.
Phil, your BW setup make me envy.
Joakim, Your street shots continue impress me.
Mirek, your input is very welcome about blow up color channel and I learn new thing everyday from people here the 'red' image example is really good, you should share with us more.
Gary, another great shot from Yellowstone!
Nico, great shots/color as always. I really enjoy your works.
Charlie, I can see you are more comfort with M9 now, as I feel your last three posts are some of best work you have posted. very inspiring. Where you put your M9 on the mountain, I have brought my M9 with me to boat, beach, in the sea, and in the rain. But one place I am not sure is snow mountain giving my poor snowboard skill

Some M9 with 21 biogon at Huangshan, China.

Have to choose BW this time as the lighting is really as poor as I can expect that day:

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:45 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.915 #18 · p.915 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you very much Allen, Rirakuma, Charles, Charlie, Zhangyue for the nice comments, and all for the likes. Greatly appreciated.

Allen, oops again, sorry for the blunder

Adrian, cool shot! Love the composition.

Charlie, very nice set but really like the last two photos.

Zhangyue, your b/w shots look great! Like them all.

Mar 03, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Manoj
• •
p.915 #19 · p.915 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes.
Awesome contributions from all.
Michael: BW works well with the landscapes. #2 is my favorite as the tree gives a sense of scale.
Edward: difficult to pick a favorite, as your shots give a glimpse into the life on the streets of Bangkok. Probably woman with the vest with '66' on it is the best for me.
Charlie: love your series from the mountains. beautiful images with the 21SEM. Love the first 2 from the series.

quickly posting a few taken a while ago.
The color images reflect the colors of the structure as it was. So I'm wondering the color ones look good or the BW, since the colors themselves are not great.

Dilli Darwaza of Shaniwar Wada by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Dilli Darwaza close-up by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Dilli Darwaza close-up (BW) by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Loop by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Loop (BW) by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Dilli Darwaza from inside by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Dilli Darwaza from inside (BW) by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:29 PM
rirakuma
• •
p.915 #20 · p.915 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

^I like 2 & 4 in b+w and the other two in colour.

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:45 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password