FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              914      
       916              1382       1383       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

CVickery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.915 #1 · p.915 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Playing with SilverFx and square format...M240 with Summilux 35 ASPH (pre-FLE)

May 19, 2014 at 02:51 AM
rirakuma
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.915 #2 · p.915 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A lazy shoot with the 50 DR. This is a shell cordovan wallet I made earlier this year

Edited on May 19, 2014 at 04:24 AM · View previous versions

May 19, 2014 at 04:19 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.915 #3 · p.915 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice Rocky - another lens (Cron Rigid) I'll probably end up with eventually. The rendering is really great.
Looks good Cal! At first I thought it was someplace down by the lake, but then realized it was a building in the background. If you crop into the building, it could look like water in the background...
Robert (on this page) - love this set! The rendering of the first one is great and also like the third and fourth, along with the last one.
Katie - The 35 looks really nice here. I need to use mine more and agree it's a huge gap between 21 and 50. I started with 21, 35 and 50, but found 35 and 50 a bit too close to each other, though sometimes 28 feels like a wide angle lens while 35 still has some of the separation a 50 gives.
Very nice CD and cedar!
Charlie - hope the lens works for you. I'm surprised the 21 SEM is as large... I guess so with the hood attached.
Robert - that's quite the impulse buy! Good lenses to start with, for sure. I haven't yet used an MM, but from what some others have said, it works really nicely with older, lower contrast glass.

Some more with the Zeiss Opton 50/1.5 Sonnar on the M240...

I love the many colors of early spring... unfortunately it's so fleeting

May 19, 2014 at 04:23 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.915 #4 · p.915 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron - Great spring photos, especially the second set. I'll try to get more bokeh shots up, they might be a bit boring though, I don't really have anyone to go today.

Edward - I'll try to get ahold of Erwin Puts somehow. See if he knows, but yes I agree most likely the companies use the centre reading. I'd assuming that the Zeiss cine lenses would have far less vignetting then there DSLR counterparts though, as the breathing and all manner of things have been adjusted for. Also I'm still a bit annoyed with Leica over that firmware update nonsense. It would REALLY help me out in the field if they fixed this issue.

Katie - I think you did yourself a favour keeping the 35, it's a very interesting lens. Your 50LUX coming soon?

Bijltje - Really cool, I had the chance to grab an MM at a CRAZY price, but passed and have regretted it ever since. I wonder if Leica will release a M240-M, maybe then I'll get a monochrom camera? (I rarely if ever shoot B&W, but it feels like something I could get use to).

rirakuma - I remember you talking about these. I picked myself up a pair of Cordovan boots last time I was in LA. I really love them (so not practical for Singapore though), just need to find myself a dear bone polishing kit so I can maintain the leather.

leonasj - FLE seems to be treating you well

ocean2059 - S2 files need to be uploaded larger, don't hold out on us, we know how many MP that thing has! Oh and isn't Jackson that disgraced hero who totally cleaned up at this battle in the south, to find out later that the war had already ended? (And later became a US president) Sorry my USA history is a little fuzzy, growing up in Canada will do that to ya.

May 19, 2014 at 05:01 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.915 #5 · p.915 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, the 50 DR is really neat! You'll definitely love it, especially the close focus. Fortunately I bought mine of Charles and the modification is a real treat. It freely close focuses and the rangefinder is still spot on at 1m+. Its also extremely sharp wide open but also retains the glow of an old lens, hard to describe but is a treat. The DR also renders highlights quite gently due to its low contrast.

^Adam deer bone isn't a necessity for polishing shells. You can simply use a smidgen of water (if the leather is dirty), saphir cream and an old fine cloth to polish. You should wear it more often, nothing beats the patina of an old shell

May 19, 2014 at 05:15 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.915 #6 · p.915 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Robert - congrats on your MM - nice set, my favs #2 and #3
Katie, Gary, Ron - impulse the only way to go. Though I have been eying the camera for about a year. In time I can see some older lenses being added.
Cedar - nice sunset shot
Ocean - nice S2 set.
Cal - Great shot and also use of SilverFx
Leonasj - Mellow yellow, the yellows in both catches my attention
Katie - I like the blues you captured.
Ron - nice early spring shots, so right very fleeting.
rirakuma - nice earth colours with the wallets and background

Few shots from today all with 50lux asph

May 19, 2014 at 05:31 AM
leonasj
• •
p.915 #7 · p.915 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

another jpeg from m240 and 35FLE,more green colors...

leonasj 2014

at f4

at f1.4

at f5.6

May 19, 2014 at 05:47 AM
HEMIROTT

p.915 #8 · p.915 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

M and 50 Lux:

May 19, 2014 at 06:17 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.915 #9 · p.915 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rirakuma wrote:
Ron, the 50 DR is really neat! You'll definitely love it, especially the close focus. Fortunately I bought mine of Charles and the modification is a real treat. It freely close focuses and the rangefinder is still spot on at 1m+. Its also extremely sharp wide open but also retains the glow of an old lens, hard to describe but is a treat. The DR also renders highlights quite gently due to its low contrast.

^Adam deer bone isn't a necessity for polishing shells. You can simply use a smidgen of water (if the leather is dirty), saphir cream and an
...Show more

Yeah it's just the slight toe break in the shoe that I want to rub down with a dear bone. I bought a bunch of Saphir polish and some renomat but at the time didn't think to buy cordovan cream. I guess I'll have to place another order in the near future.

May 19, 2014 at 08:17 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.915 #10 · p.915 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

adamdewilde wrote:
Edward - I'll try to get ahold of Erwin Puts somehow. See if he knows, but yes I agree most likely the companies use the centre reading. I'd assuming that the Zeiss cine lenses would have far less vignetting then there DSLR counterparts though, as the breathing and all manner of things have been adjusted for. Also I'm still a bit annoyed with Leica over that firmware update nonsense. It would REALLY help me out in the field if they fixed this issue.

This is his website: http://www.imx.nl/photo/

I also added him as a friend on FB. Maybe you can message him via the internal messaging system. I'm sure this would be an interesting subject for him, if he hasn't already researched it that is.

May 19, 2014 at 08:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

KatieInTexas
• • •
p.915 #11 · p.915 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Some from New Orleans I realized I never posted

May 19, 2014 at 02:05 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.915 #12 · p.915 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
This is his website: http://www.imx.nl/photo/

I also added him as a friend on FB. Maybe you can message him via the internal messaging system. I'm sure this would be an interesting subject for him, if he hasn't already researched it that is.

Yeah I got ahold of his email, and have sent him a mail. Hopefully he knows

May 19, 2014 at 03:33 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.915 #13 · p.915 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

L1011833 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1011850 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1011945 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1011862 by unoh7, on Flickr

21SEM, 28cron, Zm35/2 (not in that order)

@ron: SEM 21 and ZM35/2 near identical in size, without hood. The SEM 21 is slightly thicker, length is near identical, and the SEM 21 is heavier. The zeiss hood ring does protrude a touch more, but the front element of the SEM is actually further from the sensor

DSC04451 by unoh7, on Flickr

weight 225 (zeiss) vs 248 (leica) grams

Edited on May 19, 2014 at 04:52 PM · View previous versions

May 19, 2014 at 04:21 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.915 #14 · p.915 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Robert, great set and looks like you're quickly getting the hang of the MM.
Leonas - FLE looks great at all distances. Nice fish.
Hemirott - like the symmetry and color.
Katie - looks like a fun time and good to see it's somewhat busy there. Last time I was there was 2007 and they were still recovering from Katrina...

A couple more Zeiss Opton 50/1.5 Sonnar bokeh shots. Definitely a subjective thing, but I like this kind of character.

And one with the 10.5cm f/2.5 Nikkor:

May 19, 2014 at 04:26 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.915 #15 · p.915 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great images everyone
Here are few from last Saturday, California coast.

28cron and M9

May 19, 2014 at 04:58 PM
Bijltje
• • •
p.915 #16 · p.915 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks guy's/ girls

Ron - really like the colors. The sonnar has such nice bokeh. Unfortunately I could not get used to the focusshift so traded it in. On the m240 it seems like a great option.

Adam - Not shooting b/w that much I can't really recommend the MM. I do think that you become used to black and white more easily when there is no color as a backup. Lets hope more MM's at cracy prices fly bye

burninghart/ Robert? - Congrats on your MM as well I like #1. Looks a bit russian or DDR like to me. Where did you take that shot?

Some more from today, trying other post processing techniques.

C1 pro at first with PS silver efex pro to finish.

All MM with 28 cron.

May 19, 2014 at 08:28 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.915 #17 · p.915 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

May 19, 2014 at 09:17 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.915 #18 · p.915 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Zhangyue - your color processing is always sooo good. Love these - gorgeous blues and greens!

Robert - nice B&W shots! The first is my favorite; the shadows make it for me!

Ron - I like "character" bokeh too, but sometimes it is just too much for me. It definitely has it's place, though.

Uhoh - interesting comparison with the SEM and ZM. I am anxious to compare the 50 Lux Silver with my CV 21 1.8, as the weight is supposed to be similar (somewhat)...

May 19, 2014 at 09:21 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.915 #19 · p.915 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Bijltje wrote:
burninghart/ Robert? - I like #1. Looks a bit russian or DDR like to me. Where did you take that shot?

Yes same 1st name as yourself. Taken at Berry Creek NWMP Post. Technically it is in Heritage Park here in Calgary and a representation of the Northwest Mounted Police Post.

May 20, 2014 at 12:04 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.915 #20 · p.915 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great shots everyone. Cloudy and overcast here today. A few from a walk around downtown this morning.

Zeiss 35 Bio/2

Leica 50 lux/Asph

Leica 50 lux/Asph

May 20, 2014 at 12:08 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password