1       2       3              876      
       878              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

uhoh7
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.877 #1 · p.877 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

more great shots above

The key west images brought back to me the finale last night of the incredible HBO cosmic horror series "True Detective", where the climax takes place in an over grown fort of the same genre, but with lots of vines Really superb cinema-photography in that show.

just a quick walk to the river

L1006061 by unoh7, on Flickr
Above: top of the ski mtn visible on left

L1006068 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006106 by unoh7, on Flickr

SEM21

Mar 11, 2014 at 05:09 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.877 #2 · p.877 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you everyone for the kind comments and likes
Leonas, very nice series. The colors and feel are excellent
Gary, superb landscape! Love the gentle roll off with the 50 Lux Pre images.
Ash, amazing series!! I love the higher key effect, and great PP'ing

Shot from the Sunday afternoon. M240 50 Cron Rigid DR.

Mar 11, 2014 at 06:22 AM
leonasj
• •
p.877 #3 · p.877 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

few architectical photos at f/4-5.6 no PP from jpeg:

© leonasj 2014

M9+35lux FLE

© leonasj 2014

M9+35lux FLE

© leonasj 2014

M9+35lux FLE

© leonasj 2014

M9+35lux FLE

© leonasj 2014

M9+35lux FLE

Mar 11, 2014 at 06:54 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.877 #4 · p.877 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Excellent shot, Charles!

charles.K wrote:
Shot from the Sunday afternoon. M240 50 Cron Rigid DR.

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:54 AM
ypras

p.877 #5 · p.877 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Really awesome shots in this forum. I would like to ask a question to all M9 owners. Recently i have started using LR 5.3 for my GX7 files and been impressed how good it does noise reduction. I am interested in buying a second hand Leica M E. I am not a low light fanatic but was wondering : does the new software (LR5) clean the M9 raw files at iso 800 or 1250 for example? I am not a pixel peeper and for comparison with LR5 i use even files taken at 6400 iso with my GX7.

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.877 #6 · p.877 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

ypras wrote:
Really awesome shots in this forum. I would like to ask a question to all M9 owners. Recently i have started using LR 5.3 for my GX7 files and been impressed how good it does noise reduction. I am interested in buying a second hand Leica M E. I am not a low light fanatic but was wondering : does the new software (LR5) clean the M9 raw files at iso 800 or 1250 for example? I am not a pixel peeper and for comparison with LR5 i use even files taken at 6400 iso with my GX7.

I think you are safe up to iso 1250 and even up to iso 2500 if you expose carefully. The best way with the ME is to underexpose at iso 640 or 1250 and push in post. It gives slightly better results.

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:20 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.877 #7 · p.877 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Business meeting today, iso 3200 with the 50/2 planar:

L1000238 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM
AshNZ
• •
p.877 #8 · p.877 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

airfrogusmc wrote:
Ash I really like all of them. I have been to the Keys many times. Love it there. Usually fly into Lauderdale and drive down to Key West. Usually stay on one night on Key Largo or Isle of Mirada on the way down.

I have never been to Ft Jefferson but have it on the to d olist next time we go down.

Great shots and looks like a great vacation. Thanks for posting them.

The Dry Tortugas excursion was completely last minute, we finalised it while driving down to Key West and just made the last flight on time in the last two seats! It was a great experience. The flight gave us 2.5 hours of island time which was barely enough if you like both lounging/snorkeling and checking out the Fort, so consider the full day trip option (although this is more expensive) and take a packed lunch. You can camp overnight if you bring your own supplies and come via the ferry - now that would be incredible, being there for sunset and sunrise

My ideal trip would be to hire a yacht and spend a week inside the park as the other island offer a lot of options for diving and exploring.

edwardkaraa wrote:
Leonas, very nice set with lively colors but the 1st shot is really outstanding.

Ash, fantastic set, beautiful colors, and the PP is spot on.

Thanks Edward - I'm still getting used to the M240. I love how it is even more functional and usable but I'm still on the fence in terms of what it produces at base ISO. The LCD framelines are just brilliant, and having 1600-3200 ISO there when you need it really extends the usefulness of the camera (having come from an M8), but I can't help but wonder about how these shots would look if taken on an M9...

muc_marlin wrote:
Ash, excellent set...must have been a great trip! Looking at the other pictures, the water in the foreground from the first picture, might need a bit more contrast. In The last picture, did you lift the shadow in the building (right in the middle of the picture)? How much sharpening did you apply? To me it is almost to much, but this might be just my personal taste. The pictures have a pretty impressive 3D pop, what lens did you use?

Great eye

The first shots are through the plastic windows of the Cessna, so they are definitely lacking contrast and sharpness, not too much I can do about that.

The last picture - I think you are right, the shadows are lifted too much.

Sharpening - from memory (I forgot to check last night) about 30 on LR5, so not excessive. However, looking at the pictures again I feel I could back off a touch from whatever I used - so I agree with you there.

Most of the photos are with the 28mm Summicron ASPH at f/8. I'm not really seeing the pop - interesting that you do...

Thanks for the feedback - you really nailed it.

burningheart wrote:
AshNZ - terrific series, love the colors you captured in the blue waters and also the greens of the grass contrasting with the brown-red bricks of the fort.

That location makes it easy, my wife's iPhone pictures are terrific! The azure waters are incredible - who needs fly international when you have that right here in the US

charles.K wrote:
Ash, amazing series!! I love the higher key effect, and great PP'ing

Thanks Charles - you've made me go and look up 'color key' just it make sure it was what I thought it was

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:08 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.877 #9 · p.877 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ash, I agree with you about the low/high iso remarks. I think the M9 had a very special, but not always pleasant, color palette. The M has a more mainstream color palette, more in line with other CMOS cameras, but less special and more universal. I am more happy with the M color rendering at base iso in landscape photos as it has a nicer rendering of blue skies and vegetation, but maybe in reportage shooting, the M9 produces more interesting colors. Also, the flat M files require boosting the contrast, which invariably boosts noise too, so while the flat files at base iso show very little noise, any advantage over the M9 is lost while trying to reach normal contrast levels. I think the real M improvement over the M9 is rather mechanical, with the quieter shutter sound, and the more shock resistant RF mechanism, and the better viewable frame lines that are calibrated for 2 meters framing distances vs the 1 meter distance of the M9. IQ wise any improvement over the M9 is really negligible.

Mar 11, 2014 at 06:51 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.877 #10 · p.877 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Two from the morning, two from the evening. M9 and 35 Lux.

Mar 11, 2014 at 07:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tophoto.
• •
p.877 #11 · p.877 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

2 with my new to me 35 cron asph on the M9

Walk home after the day has ended by Thomas O'Connell, on Flickr

Kyle with his Contax T2 by Thomas O'Connell, on Flickr

Edited on Mar 13, 2014 at 10:59 PM · View previous versions

Mar 12, 2014 at 02:53 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.877 #12 · p.877 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Joakim, your street shots of late have been truly excellent!

Tophoto, ooooh, Contax T2, you opened old wounds and brought back memories Really like the 1st shot.

Mar 12, 2014 at 04:34 AM
najibs
• • •
p.877 #13 · p.877 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

First shot, nothing special, just to demonstrate ISO2500 at 1/30 sec on an M9 w/40 cron, for those who think high ISO on the M9 sucks. Straight RAW to JPEG conversion in LR4. No editing at all

Second shot, just an oil change…

Mar 12, 2014 at 04:48 AM
Mirek Elsner
• • •
p.877 #14 · p.877 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

One from this evening.

Mar 12, 2014 at 04:53 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.877 #15 · p.877 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

@edward love the business meeting shot: outstanding.
@joakim great street work
@ tophoto i like the first one
Great light, Mirek

Rite of Spring:

L1006273 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006282 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006287 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006262 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006274 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006289 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006294 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1006270 by unoh7, on Flickr

SEM 21 & CV90

Never really noticed this pair till this evening

Mar 12, 2014 at 06:40 AM
rirakuma
• • •
p.877 #16 · p.877 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great pictures everyone, I apologise for not commenting individually but I've really enjoyed the posts and discussions.
Charles really love that first baptism shot, the rigid renders it so beautifully and love your BW conversion!
Edward good to know you're enjoying your M. I also like the colour palette from the M8/M9 hence why I bought the former. After playing with it a few times I feel that its quicker to get the look that I want from the M8 files but my post processing was very limited in style. I like the flexibility of the M but loved the conservative look from the M8. I don't travel with two cameras but I think they complement each other very nicely.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Mirek Elsner
• • •
p.877 #17 · p.877 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

How do you guys insert the Flickr images with the link?
Thanks.

Mar 12, 2014 at 03:14 PM
Mirek Elsner
• • •
p.877 #18 · p.877 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Uhoh, these are first pictures from the macro Elmar I have seen. Amazing. Matches the 21mm SEM nicely.

Mar 12, 2014 at 03:17 PM
AshNZ
• •
p.877 #19 · p.877 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Mirek Elsner wrote:
How do you guys insert the Flickr images with the link?
Thanks.

Annoyingly, you have to click on the 'view all sizes' in flickr and then copy the url. Paste the url straight into FM, FM does the rest.

EDIT: Although for Thomas the regular flickr 'share' link works...

Mar 12, 2014 at 04:11 PM
tophoto.
• •
p.877 #20 · p.877 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

AshNZ wrote:
Annoyingly, you have to click on the 'view all sizes' in flickr and then copy the url. Paste the url straight into FM, FM does the rest.

EDIT: Although for Thomas the regular flickr 'share' link works...

Click the more ways to share box (bottom right of the image with the older style flickr, I don't use the new 'experience') and make sure the BBcode box is checked, then just copy and past that code.

Mar 12, 2014 at 04:31 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password