Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              875      
       877              1016       1017       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Fursan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.876 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Jan 13, 2014 at 07:32 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.876 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

CV 75/2.5:

L1000659 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1000656 by unoh7, on Flickr

The last home of Ernest Hemingway:

L1000635 by unoh7, on Flickr

Jan 14, 2014 at 01:13 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.876 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I thought I had allot of glass uhoh7

Nice last series

Phil

Jan 14, 2014 at 02:17 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.876 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Processing looks fine to me Manoj

Nice B and W work Sir, and welcome

Phil

Jan 14, 2014 at 02:20 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.876 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

jojomon11 wrote:
I thought I had allot of glass uhoh7

Nice last series

Phil

TY for kind words;
haha, yeah I have too much, but no 50 lux asph! My only really fancy one is the 28 cron.

It was an incremental thing, like weight gain . Now, I even have a frankenfinder: anyone tell me where to get a diopter for it? -3 I need

The focus accuracy with the 75 really took me aback. That little thing has super short throw, and I've missed many times, but the RF seems to work pretty good. I think really lucked out with my body.

So many sweet shots in this thread, lots of inspiration

I'm over the moon about the M9

one more CV 75/2.5

L1000640-2 by unoh7, on Flickr

that lens goes for 275 all the time!

Jan 14, 2014 at 02:51 AM
Manoj
• •
p.876 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you for the kind words, airfrogusmc, Gary and Phil and also all those who liked the photos.

Fursan: your processing is awesome with a unique classic feel. You have traveled a lot to interesting places.
uhoh7: nice shots. Dont get any snow where I live.

Few more from TechEd using M9+UC-Hex 35.
BW + VSCO toolkit for Grain.

M9 + UC-Hexanon 35mm f2 by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Jan 14, 2014 at 04:04 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.876 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

It got a little frosty here today…

ZM25

Jan 14, 2014 at 04:51 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.876 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I'm being my usual lazy self, generally just 'liking' photos, not commenting specifically.

A few comments however:

uhoh7 - your daughter should like the M9 after those excellent portraits of her, partic. #2 in your first set I think I recall you posting a lot in the Nex images folder?

airfrogusmc -(Allen?) - your street shots are always a delight to view - your timing and eye are remarkable

Manoj - welcome to this forum!

While many of you have braved really frigid temps, S and SE Australia have a real heatwave on, bushfires in Western Australia (Perth) and no doubt some in store for our region. 45deg Celsius in Adelaide today and tomorrow. Canberra due for 39 C tomorrow.

I've been out in these recent warm-hot evenings...enjoying my new ZM25 amongst other things.

The 2nd image was taken on 6 Jan for a global series 'my motorcycle, my city' (ZM25)

1st one with the CV90/3.5 APO, from this evening

L1000861 the photographer

Orange and Black

M8 Digital Camera    f/8.0    1/180s    160 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Jan 14, 2014 at 01:27 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.876 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

KTM baby I got one too, 250sx outfitted for backcountry, eveyone will get sick of seeing by may .

Gary, I love that shot!

I really have yet to see a terrible shot in this thread--excepting a few of my own of course All the diifferent subjects and perspectives give me new motivation.

Today I skied with the M9 for the first time.

L1000696 by unoh7, on Flickr
28 Elmarit v3

L1000719 by unoh7, on Flickr
zm18

L1000732 by unoh7, on Flickr
28 elmarit v3 wide open

L1000753 by unoh7, on Flickr
M9 says this was f/9.5 How does it know?

L1000766 by unoh7, on Flickr
zm18 f/8 (forgot to change the code)
I moved here in 1978:

L1000850 by unoh7, on Flickr
50 cron.

This camera defies belief.

My thumbsup showed up after skiing, CSP1s or something--it has the cold shoe. It feels great but is made out of lead!
37 grams for a thumb grip? Are you kidding me? For the small fortune I had to lay out for it, I'd expect magniesium, and the cold shoe a bit lower than it is. Oh well, that's Leica, I guess

I did take the frankenfinder on the hill which made the zm18 alot easier to use. It'a another beautiful, overly heavy and large assessory.

Jan 15, 2014 at 02:04 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.876 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Titanium would be better at that cost Uhoh!

Is that a nikon film camera on the guy? can't tell, he should be using a leica

Oh just reread the post, franken thing

BTW lovely images, love the bench shot!

Phil

Edited on Jan 15, 2014 at 03:20 AM · View previous versions

Jan 15, 2014 at 03:16 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jojomon11
• • • • •
p.876 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Very nice Manoj series again, love the B and W's

Very nice Gary, it' about 75 degree's where I live, a bit to cold for me here

Very nice lenticular11, lovely colors, first for me

Phil

Jan 15, 2014 at 03:20 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.876 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice pics all. Charlie - all apertures on M digital's are an estimated value only as there is no electronic connection from the lens to body.

A few from a walk yesterday….

ZM25

ZM25

50/1.4 SMC Takumar

Jan 15, 2014 at 05:10 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.876 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

jojomon11 wrote:
Titanium would be better at that cost Uhoh!

Is that a nikon film camera on the guy? can't tell, he should be using a leica

Oh just reread the post, franken thing

BTW lovely images, love the bench shot!

Phil

Hi Phil

I wrote Tim and asked we at least be given the option of Aluminum (it's brass) or better yet magnesium. Trouble is the fit is fantastic and I'm addicted to the thing already, otherwise I would return it. It comes in the most over the top box I have ever seen for anything. Makes apple presentation look like walmart. I can only imagine the profit margin, but of course he is not selling a huge volume.

The camera guy is paid to stand at the top of the lift and get people to have their picture taken--basically pan-handling. It's not his camera even. But he's a very nice guy--let me test my elmarit and pointed out a few choice spots.

Here I am coming up to his perch, seeing what happens if you point the old 28 straight into the sun

L1000724 by unoh7, on Flickr

Here is the view just to the right of camera guy:

L1000728 by unoh7, on Flickr
above I'm shooting right under the sun, and the faint ridgeline on the far horizon is about 140 miles away on the far right side.

the v3 really snaps in at f/11 and does not really appear diffracted on the M9 to me:

L1000740 by unoh7, on Flickr

I was thinking I might not use it for landscapes till I saw that shot. Next time I'll take my 28 cron (my only really fancy lens) up there and see how it does

Jan 15, 2014 at 06:53 AM
John Black
• • • •
p.876 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

It's not the 28mm. It's the CCD photosites being overloaded and the wells spilling over to the adjacent photosites and blowing them out too.

Jan 15, 2014 at 07:37 AM
Manoj
• •
p.876 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Phil, lenticular, Gary.

Gary: Amazing shot of the frosty car. Also, loved the ZM25 shots on this as well as previous pages. That lens is a gem. I've had it for about 2 years and used it on the NEX till I got the M9 and it was a revelation on the M9 sensor. Has more resolution than earlier thought.
uhoh7: I procured a used MT thumbsup locally. I agree its a little heavy for its size, but for me it has added to the stability, especially in portrait orientation.

My last installment from the TechEd, I promise.

This one's not from the TechEd.
Stopped at a local bakery for some egg puffs on the way to the airport.

and, a random test shot at home with a ZM 1,5/50 Sonnar C (+ a CPL that I was testing)

M9 + ZM 50mm f1.5 Sonnar C by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Jan 15, 2014 at 05:38 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.876 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Manoj wrote:
uhoh7: I procured a used MT thumbsup locally. I agree its a little heavy for its size, but for me it has added to the stability, especially in portrait orientation.

I agree, the TU is huge improvement in handling. Just needs to be lighter IMHO--or at least have the option.

Had the CV 35/1.4 on the street today

L1000898 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1000893 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1000880 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1000902 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1000932 by unoh7, on Flickr

Camera seems to like it fine.

What is the story with pull 80? I keep going from auto to pull80 so I can shoot fast in bright light--then I forget to come out of pull 80 and I'm in trouble indoors

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:45 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.876 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Peter, enjoy your vacation and looking forward to some stunning pics when you return. Which lenses are you taking along?
Manoj, welcome to the thread and congrats on your M9. Really nice B&W tones from your tech show. UC-Hex 35 is a wonderful lens! I have one as well and I think it works great for both color and B&W, only wished it had a closer MFD of 0.7m.
Fursan, nice vintage look to the portrait.
Gary, hope it didn't take too long for you to de-ice the car! Nice set from your walk.
uhoh7, ncie snow slopes, whereabouts is that? Looks like you have a nice selection of vintage lenses for your M9.

jojomon11 wrote:
Joe 1f, still looking for a .95 for a great deal! sellers?

Might be a good time to pick up some lenses? Prices seem to have dropped recently.

------
Mono 28Cron. View towards Charles River and Longfellow Bridge. Across bridge to the right is Cambridge, MA. It was 50F today, quite rare for Jan.

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.876 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Peter (muc_martin) : also wishing you a successful Lappland trip. I love your alpine images BTW

Thanks for likes
Manoj, jojomon and uhoh7 - thanks for comments ( uhoh7 must PM you re KTMs etc)

Manoj - nice character studies, but I never realised SAP gatherings could be so interesting

Gary C - snazzy ZM25 graffiti shots

One recent taken with my only genuine Leica M lens, a type 4 coded 50Cron

So, now I am at a crossroads: an M9 I bought from this forum back in Jul13 had a known issue with its SD card interface. I could not fix that, but Leica AG came to the party and have fixed it free of charge - outstanding customer support ( was 2nd or 3rd hand and not under warranty). I will get the cam next week and apparently it will have a brand new sensor/rear screen/SD card assembly. I wonder will it have sapphire-glass?

The crossroads is whether I sell that, keep my M8 and buy the A7R that's calling to me; or keep the M9 and sell the M8. I also have an M6 Classic ( little-used but available to exploit my M lens wides etc), a 5D3 for sports action and a Nex5N which will go to my daughter if she will use it, or get converted into a full-spectrum or IR cam.
I enjoy using the RF and will not be without one, but the M9 value will easily see a new A7R in my stable. The benefits of no AA filter are clear, hence why it will be the 7R and not the 7, even with its performance issues with wides etc.
The 5D3 may also go - if so I will slum it with my old 40D (given to another daughter) when I go to motorcycle GP events, if I get the A7R

Please help me choose!
I have not shot my M9 due to buying it cheaply with it's SD problem, but it was the images on this thread that got me into Leica Ms directly!

David Mc

Jan 16, 2014 at 02:16 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.876 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

lenticular11 wrote:
Please help me choose!
I have not shot my M9 due to buying it cheaply with it's SD problem, but it was the images on this thread that got me into Leica Ms directly!
David Mc

Asking this question on a Leica thread, you won't get much love for Sony . If you like shooting RF, then I would keep the M9. I had a M8, film M and FX Nikon at one point. Switching between IR and UV filters and also figuring crop factor for lenses to carry between M8 and my film M was quite frustrating. Nikon FX is capable most of the time but no soul and too heavy. M9 made me a happy camper and for a long time was my only digital body which travelled the world with me

Seriously, as innovative and cheap the A7R is, Sony will have you upgrading to a "better" model every 6 or so months. And because they push innovation hard and don't even know where they are heading with their camera and lenses with a clear roadmap, you will always end up with a compromised camera. 18MP on the M9 is good enough for most users. Do you really need 36MP on a soulless A7R?

There is always a chance that the digital M might have issues at some point, but once those are fixed and you get through the initial frustrations, you should be alright, otherwise, this thread would have ceased to exist a long time back.

Jan 16, 2014 at 03:01 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.876 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

lenticular11 wrote:
Peter (muc_martin) : also wishing you a successful Lappland trip. I love your alpine images BTW

Thanks for likes
Manoj, jojomon and uhoh7 - thanks for comments ( uhoh7 must PM you re KTMs etc)

Manoj - nice character studies, but I never realised SAP gatherings could be so interesting

Gary C - snazzy ZM25 graffiti shots

One recent taken with my only genuine Leica M lens, a type 4 coded 50Cron

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7395/11707272094_3a708fc9e9_c.jpg

So, now I am at a crossroads: an M9 I bought from this forum back in Jul13 had a known issue with its SD card interface. I could not fix that, but
...Show more

So easy: of course you keep your now "new" M9. Nothing on earth can touch it in daylight. Sell the M8. Sell the M6. Sell the 5D. Forget the A7R, save another 600, and get the fantastic A7.

A7 + M9 is dream combo. M9 rules the day. A7 rules the night and can CF AF shoot movies, and any lens on earth.

The A7r needs native glass to shine, and even then you won't see it over the plain A7 anywhere but a billboard. It's terrible with a host of great RF lenses and SLR lenses that the A7 good or decent with.

Take all that money you made/saved invest in the glass you need.

done.

Jan 16, 2014 at 03:56 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password