Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              870      
       872              1044       1045       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

seekuh
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.871 #1 · p.871 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Peter, this is an awesome set - and you PP skills are very, very profound.

Jan 06, 2014 at 05:42 PM
joe88
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.871 #2 · p.871 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks all for the comments and likes.

asiafish, excellent set with the Contax Sonnar and Monochrom.
Michael, another excellent set with ZM21 and congrats on your RX1.
Peter congrats on your new lens. Excellent set.
Allen, hope the weather gets warmer for you soon. Although I didn't get much snow, the temperature and wind chill froze some heating pipes, thankfully it thawed without mishaps. It was close to zero F yesterday morning, shot up to near 60F today and temps are supposed to drop really low again tonight.

Deep freeze in the USA but some kids love it

Jan 06, 2014 at 07:23 PM
asiafish
• •
p.871 #3 · p.871 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Thanks all for the comments and likes.

asiafish, excellent set with the Contax Sonnar and Monochrom.
Michael, another excellent set with ZM21 and congrats on your RX1.
Peter congrats on your new lens. Excellent set.
Allen, hope the weather gets warmer for you soon. Although I didn't get much snow, the temperature and wind chill froze some heating pipes, thankfully it thawed without mishaps. It was close to zero F yesterday morning, shot up to near 60F today and temps are supposed to drop really low again tonight.

Deep freeze in the USA but some kids love it
http://josephow.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v108/p138570612-5.jpg
http://josephow.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v101/p870688809-5.jpg
http://josephow.zenfolio.com/img/s5/v118/p409199176-5.jpg

I'll have you know that inducing S-lust should be criminal. The last thing I need to do right now is buy into another (very expensive) camera system.

Then I look at the color and bokeh and try to rationalize it. MUST RESIST!

Jan 06, 2014 at 09:53 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.871 #4 · p.871 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe, our high was 24 this morning early, our real high for the day? "14" because it was dropping all day. That's what it was when I got in my truck @ 4:00 PM. Tonight's forecasted low is 2-4 Degrees F. I did see 9 at one point on a desktop thermometer from somewhere in my town. I am not sure why the discrepancy, or whether the 9-10 was accurate anywhere, maybe. I was going to get some birdseed out when I got home, and my shed door lock is frozen. Since I didn't want to get a cord out to defrost with a heat gun, I gave up at that.

I just have to let those S pics bounce off of me. I can't go down that rabbit hole. lol. No way. Nice shots though Joe.

Jan 06, 2014 at 10:03 PM
BrianVS
• •
p.871 #5 · p.871 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

1934 CZJ SONNAR 5cm F1.5, on the M Monochrom.

Jan 07, 2014 at 12:58 AM
BrianVS
• •
p.871 #6 · p.871 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Leica Summarit-M 5cm F1.5, wide-open on the M9.

This lens is optimized for wide-open/close-up, rear group moved back 0.2mm.

Jan 07, 2014 at 01:05 AM
BrianVS
• •
p.871 #7 · p.871 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

The Summarit on the M Monochrom, wide-open.

Jan 07, 2014 at 01:09 AM
BrianVS
• •
p.871 #8 · p.871 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

1934 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F2, wide-open on the M Monochrom. converted to Leica mount from Contax RF mount, focus to 0.75m.

Jan 07, 2014 at 01:13 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.871 #9 · p.871 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Street shooters or fans of Alex Webb might want to check these recent "behind the scene" Magnum Photo documentaries shot in South Korea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iFcfSRw-oc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMyhC3s7qKQ

Also, there is another of DAH with his X100(s?) and Nikon Dslr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqq22sfXyV8&feature=share&list=SPWdVPk7xgPCCcBK79Tu2eCM33SgMDvF_7

Jan 07, 2014 at 05:52 PM
chuckles84
• •
p.871 #10 · p.871 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Here's a couple from Sunday just before the deep freeze. My son was throwing snow balls for the neighbors lab, lots of fun had by both.

Technically speaking the pics are not the best, but I like what I captured. I'm still getting used to this M8 and still no IR filter.

M8 Digital Camera    f/2.0    1/1000s    320 ISO    +1.0 EV  

M8 Digital Camera    f/2.0    1/1000s    320 ISO    +1.0 EV  

Jan 07, 2014 at 08:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.871 #11 · p.871 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Street shooters or fans of Alex Webb might want to check these recent "behind the scene" Magnum Photo documentaries shot in South Korea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iFcfSRw-oc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMyhC3s7qKQ

Also, there is another of DAH with his X100(s?) and Nikon Dslr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqq22sfXyV8&feature=share&list=SPWdVPk7xgPCCcBK79Tu2eCM33SgMDvF_7

Thanks for sharing Joe. It is always neat to see how others approach street shooting. Alexs' take on Korea is quite on the mark as well.....

Jan 07, 2014 at 09:29 PM
joakim
• • •
p.871 #12 · p.871 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

+1

I just watched the first one, very interesting.

Jan 07, 2014 at 09:50 PM
asiafish
• •
p.871 #13 · p.871 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

chuckles84 wrote:
Here's a couple from Sunday just before the deep freeze. My son was throwing snow balls for the neighbors lab, lots of fun had by both.

Technically speaking the pics are not the best, but I like what I captured. I'm still getting used to this M8 and still no IR filter.

If those pants are really black, then you now have a perfect example of why the M8 needs the IR filters. Of course, if you don't care about the pants, the M8 produces otherwise outstanding color.

Jan 07, 2014 at 10:17 PM
chuckles84
• •
p.871 #14 · p.871 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I was supposed to get my B+W IR/UV cut filter today, but it hasn't shown up yet.

Jan 07, 2014 at 11:21 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.871 #15 · p.871 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots Chuckles and not easy to nail focus on 'canine action' shots

That CV 40/1.4 looks good. My first M8 lens was the 35/1.4 MC version and I like it well enough but I'm not sure how it's viewed in comparison to the earlier 40.

My latest M lens acquisition was a Zeiss 25/2.8. New (2nd hand - unused), boxed for Australian$800, so a real bargain. I'm extremely happy at its performance.

I'm at work (taking a 5 min break) so can't comment on linked vids or Flickr-linked photos, but will browse some more after work today.

Jan 08, 2014 at 01:03 AM
rirakuma
• •
p.871 #16 · p.871 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

BrianVS I've never seen a 5cm summarit so well controlled wide open. Mine is very swirly and mushes around the corner.

Gary thanks for those links, I'm downloading them now and will watch it after work.

Lenticular, congrats on your 25mm. I've read multiple times its the sharpest of their ZM series

This is a pic from my last holiday. I lust for an M9 from time to time but I would be very hesitant to use it in bad weather, I'm glad the M has weather sealing.

Jan 08, 2014 at 05:58 AM
muc_marlin
• •
p.871 #17 · p.871 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

rirakuma, would you mind to answer why you lust from time to time after a M9?

Weather sealing is defiantly a feature I would like to have as well, but for now, knocking on wood, I had no problems at all. It was last summer when I bought the M9-P and since then I made many hikes with overnighting outside, some of them are also very wet. The body and lenses got wet sometimes and worked flawless. Of course it is not a long time span....hopefully it continues that way. But still as mentioned above, weather sealing is a excellent thing to have, no question!

For what I photograph I am still a big fan of the M9 generation and I just love for sentimental reasons the feel, handling and the classic look of that generation....the last of it's kind. As a 100% hobbyist I can afford to think this way. Despite all my enthusiasm about my M9-P I am a bit anxious about the first winter (battery), not so much for one day or one night outside, more likely my planed Lapland vacation where I will be 10-12 days in a rope outside. Well, I do bring 6 batteries with me, luckily I have a MP and 25 Velvia 50 films as backup.

Thanks for the comments and likes!

Jan 08, 2014 at 09:17 AM
rirakuma
• •
p.871 #18 · p.871 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hey Peter, I feel that the M9 has different tonal and colour palette to the M. I've defended the M many times but I have to admit that I think some images would render better with the M9 sensor. The M files are very smooth much like the monochrom while the average M9 files looks like it has much more bite. The M also tends to be warm in general that is even after a white balance correction. I think the colours from the M is more "accurate" to what I see in real life but the M9 has a colour palette that is very pleasing. There's been many samples of people showing how similar the files are SOOC but the biggest difference is how they behave in post. I don't want to ramble on too much but I don't think I'll ever lose the lust for an M9 and may eventually buy one. The reason why I'm sticking with the M at this point is because I'm having thoughts about getting some work as a photographer and I feel that M will be much better suited for my needs. Great pictures as always, I love mountaineering and I wish we had some places like you do near your area . All I get to see here is bush, bush and more bush.

Jan 08, 2014 at 10:41 AM
rirakuma
• •
p.871 #19 · p.871 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for sharing the vid Gary , I'm watching that first ep from Alex Webb he's one of my fav photogs. Its very interesting but I wish I could know how he uses those light meters. I didn't grow up on film and I don't understand the need of a light meter if you can use exposure lock with the shutter.

Jan 08, 2014 at 01:47 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.871 #20 · p.871 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I love your last pic Rocky! It was actually Joe who posted those videos but thanks anyway. I think it is a case of using whatever metering method you are used to and comfortable with. I used a light meter with my film cameras but I always found it to be an extra step I didn't care for - especially when shooting on the go. I prefer to use in camera metering in most cases even though I could potentially get slightly better results with a hand held meter. I think with the superior dynamic range of the newer sensors, there is a little more room to recover from errors in exposure.

Jan 08, 2014 at 03:48 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password