FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              869      
       871              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

charles.K
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.870 #1 · p.870 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Edward #3 from the first and #2 from the second in the above series are superb! The colors and composition really work IMO

Mar 03, 2014 at 06:27 AM
atwl77
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.870 #2 · p.870 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great shots, everyone.

I haven't been on here for a bit due to both work as well as the crazy heat/haze/water situation here in Malaysia (resulting in little incentive to leave the house to shoot).

Here's one recent shot from me, kind of representing the irony of the situation here:

Regarding the red channel clipping situation being discussed above, my usual response is that if it isn't clipped in RAW then it's either your postprocessing or gamut clipping; with the red channel it's usually more of the latter than the former.

But this being the M240 we're talking about, I'm also wondering if IR contamination has any part to play in this, and is it worth it to try a test with and without an IR cut filter to see if there's any difference?

Mar 03, 2014 at 06:39 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.870 #3 · p.870 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

@ edward great series last several pages. You are hitting your stride now with the 240 Biogon looks great.
@hanexp funny and good set with the bricks
@ nico nice bulidings, well shot
@jojo sweet shot last page
@najibs I like the street shot

Stormy today, with a few breaks:

L1005444 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005452 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005457 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005427 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005471-2 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005458-3 by unoh7, on Flickr

more fun with the SEM 21
I found a zi 21 finder for a decent price, as the frakenfinder is a bit much for daily use. I've been winging it in general. New old one should be here this week. Could have used it in the last shot , but the 21 is forgiving to crop.

Also had a 1.4x mag arrive, so I will try some f/4 skiing shots this week with the 90s this week.

The 21 brings new meaning to "zone focus" I also had a CV 35/1.4 with me, but missed a bunch, either by focus or frame. The 21 is especially good with kids, who don't care if I buzz around them and grab a few snaps---I do know them of course

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:03 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.870 #4 · p.870 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Sorry I have been busy with RX thread and miss the march of this thread.

I have to give up comment individually, please forgive me

But Edward, your images with M240 improved pg by pg in terms of color. I feel almost there at Thailand street
I want welcome the new contributors like hanexp and najibs join the thread and have been enjoying your contribution.
Phil, your BW setup make me envy.
Joakim, Your street shots continue impress me.
Mirek, your input is very welcome about blow up color channel and I learn new thing everyday from people here the 'red' image example is really good, you should share with us more.
Gary, another great shot from Yellowstone!
Nico, great shots/color as always. I really enjoy your works.
Charlie, I can see you are more comfort with M9 now, as I feel your last three posts are some of best work you have posted. very inspiring. Where you put your M9 on the mountain, I have brought my M9 with me to boat, beach, in the sea, and in the rain. But one place I am not sure is snow mountain giving my poor snowboard skill

Some M9 with 21 biogon at Huangshan, China.

Have to choose BW this time as the lighting is really as poor as I can expect that day:

Mar 03, 2014 at 07:45 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.870 #5 · p.870 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you very much Allen, Rirakuma, Charles, Charlie, Zhangyue for the nice comments, and all for the likes. Greatly appreciated.

Allen, oops again, sorry for the blunder

Adrian, cool shot! Love the composition.

Charlie, very nice set but really like the last two photos.

Zhangyue, your b/w shots look great! Like them all.

Mar 03, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Manoj
• •
p.870 #6 · p.870 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments and likes.
Awesome contributions from all.
Michael: BW works well with the landscapes. #2 is my favorite as the tree gives a sense of scale.
Edward: difficult to pick a favorite, as your shots give a glimpse into the life on the streets of Bangkok. Probably woman with the vest with '66' on it is the best for me.
Charlie: love your series from the mountains. beautiful images with the 21SEM. Love the first 2 from the series.

quickly posting a few taken a while ago.
The color images reflect the colors of the structure as it was. So I'm wondering the color ones look good or the BW, since the colors themselves are not great.

Dilli Darwaza of Shaniwar Wada by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Dilli Darwaza close-up by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Dilli Darwaza close-up (BW) by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Loop by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Loop (BW) by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Dilli Darwaza from inside by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Dilli Darwaza from inside (BW) by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:29 PM
rirakuma
• • •
p.870 #7 · p.870 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

^I like 2 & 4 in b+w and the other two in colour.

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Manoj
• •
p.870 #8 · p.870 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

All above with the UC-Hexanon 35mm f2, BTW.

Najib, lovely shots with the 40cron C. #1 is my favorite and also like the subtle colors in the 3rd. Those two large spots close to the center bother me. Those look too big for dust spots and don't look like part of the clouds. Also, the dust spot closest to the center line appears to have some sort of a halo.

Thanks, rirakuma.

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:48 PM
BrianVS
• •
p.870 #9 · p.870 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Zhang- for images like that, you may be excused...

I'm looking at beautiful images of Snow, and Snow coming down out outside the Window that will need a lot of shoveling... Mine does not looks as good.

On the M240 Red: If anyone wants to open a new thread for discussion, would be interesting. Looking at the histograms, the Reds have about twice the weight that they did with the CCD's in the M8 and M9. On those sensors, the Red and Blue channel are equally as sensitive, the green portion of the curve carries twice the weight. The first generation Kodak sensors of the early 1990s have a response like that of the histogram shown.

Mar 03, 2014 at 01:18 PM
rirakuma
• • •
p.870 #10 · p.870 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

BrianVS wrote:
Zhang- for images like that, you may be excused...

I'm looking at beautiful images of Snow, and Snow coming down out outside the Window that will need a lot of shoveling... Mine does not looks as good.

On the M240 Red: If anyone wants to open a new thread for discussion, would be interesting. Looking at the histograms, the Reds have about twice the weight that they did with the CCD's in the M8 and M9. On those sensors, the Red and Blue channel are equally as sensitive, the green portion of the curve carries twice the weight. The first generation Kodak
...Show more

There's been a few threads on LUF about the warm colours of the M and it quickly turned ugly. I think Leica is well aware of this issue and I'm just holding tight for some kind of update.

Here's an image I worked on recently, taken with the 35 lux which I've dearly missed. Its coming back from Solms soon with a fat bill.

Mar 03, 2014 at 02:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.870 #11 · p.870 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice shots all. Quite frankly, all that discussion over the color of the M240 files was waaaay over exaggerated IMO. Indeed, there were issues early on but they were rectified after the FW update. I do very little color tweaking (if any) to my files and I am super happy. I really think it all comes down to ones own personal tastes wrt to color output. Even then, with a little adjustment the files can be altered as needed.

Rocky - nice pic with 35lux! What did you have done to it at Solms?

Mar 03, 2014 at 03:27 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.870 #12 · p.870 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great shots all as always!

What color?

Canon 35 1.8 ltm

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:04 PM
salvaz
• •
p.870 #13 · p.870 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I have been gone from the best thread on Fred Miranda for awhile. During this time I fell in love with the rangefinder experience and have not miss my Canon equipment for a minute. I now have the Leica M and I am very pleased with this camera and the upgrades.

The b/w is nice with a lot of detail

Being able to shoot indoors with the better ISO

February in southern Calif., the weather makes it feel like spring

I am back to doing landscapes with the 24mm SEM

Not everyone is blond in Beverly Hills

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:22 PM
rirakuma
• • •
p.870 #14 · p.870 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Salvaz congrats on your new M ! Gary, my lens was smearing on the left half of the image wide open so I sent it to Solms for a repair and CLA. Its been about 3 months now and I'm glad to have it back soon. I'm a 35mm guy so you can probably guess how much I miss it

Mar 03, 2014 at 04:28 PM
Manoj
• •
p.870 #15 · p.870 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ama.a.a.a.zing shot there, rirakuma. Beautiful.
joe, nice shots of your kids.

ZM 25mm biogon wide open.

Information by Manoj Prabhu, on Flickr

Mar 03, 2014 at 05:12 PM
BrianVS
• •
p.870 #16 · p.870 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

It's been a long time since I visited LUF. I'll never understand how a discussion on Spectral response and quantum efficiency turns ugly, but it does.

I have the Data Sheets for Kodak and Truesense going back 20+ years. In the late 1990s they introduced "Indium Tin Oxide" to increase sensitivity in the Blue and Green portion of the spectrum. I have their first generation CCD, great for IR. "Blue, What Blue?"

Mar 03, 2014 at 06:30 PM
nicoimages
• •
p.870 #17 · p.870 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A couple of images taken outside work in the City of London with the Leica M240 and the tiny Voigtlander 21/4

Found that manually coding it as a Leica 28mm 2.8 ASPH produces the least red edge although it is still not totally gone.

Uhoh really jealous of your SEM 21/3.4 just can't justify the cost at the moment but very tempted...

Mar 03, 2014 at 11:08 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.870 #18 · p.870 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Adrian, very nice balance and composition!
Charlie, great set of images, and just love the lighting
Michael, stunning series of shots!!! The region and landscape is amazing
Manoj, I prefer all the color ones as a set, or depending on your target, all B&W. The color series I prefer because of the pastel colors of earthy and green tones.
Rocky, beautifully captured image!!! Love the color and lighting.
Joe, wonderful images of your son!
Nico, excellent building scapes!!
Salvador, congrats on the M240!! Very nice series.

I agree with Gary, the color issue with the M240 and latest FW update, is marginal and is easily adapted with normal PP workflow now. I have recently reviewed some of my original M9 DNG files from 2010, and there were many issues then with the magenta edging, or then referred to as the Italian flag and wrong color profiles, but now the M9 color profiles are excellent still with a tinge of red oversat! IMO the transparency and the work ability of the DNG files is what I really enjoy.

Edited on Mar 04, 2014 at 02:41 AM · View previous versions

Mar 04, 2014 at 12:03 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.870 #19 · p.870 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very nice Nicol, that first is very unique

Awesome Salvador the B and W your 2 minutes away from my sisters house, we need to shoot sometimes?

Manoj lovely colors

Joe love your kid shots, very nice! the foreground and BG rendering is very very nice!

Edwards lovely street scenes, thanks for your comments, love your engaging street shots always, the totally opposite of me

rirakuma beautiful mood in the forest, captured and well seen

Edited on Mar 04, 2014 at 03:55 AM · View previous versions

Mar 04, 2014 at 01:50 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.870 #20 · p.870 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments, Manoj, Charles, Phil and also others for your "likes".

Thread moves fast and I apologize for not commenting individually, but I have been enjoying everyone recent pics and using the "like" button.

Can't beat my Mono and fast glass for low light wine tasting

Mar 04, 2014 at 03:03 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password