1       2       3              865      
       867              1382       1383       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

adamdewilde
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.866 #1 · p.866 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

rscheffler wrote:
Re M240 baseplate: I think it's thinner. At least it feels that way. That's immediately what came to mind the first time I removed it the day I received the camera. That day I also had a couple instances where I accidentally didn't put it back on all the way... that said, I haven't noticed any play in it, yet.

Adam - difficult to say because as you noted, it's not a direct comparison, but the 50AA image does feel more lush to me, and not because of the colour/WB difference.

Robert - keep us posted on what happens with your camera.
...Show more

Ron, I'll definitely have to do a direct comparison. Oh and about the WB etc, I just shot what the camera wanted me to shoot would have edited them both, but just didn't have the time, I really only did this to show my wife as she was asking, and I had two shots of what I think might be the same cat one day after the next. Maybe this weekend before I head off to LA I'll do a test. Working now in about 20m and on Saturday, so we'll see if I have time.

Feb 28, 2014 at 08:32 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.866 #2 · p.866 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:
Katie, The first portrait is great! your son is so handsome BW set is great too! we are posting almost at same time.

Adam, I didn't see anything, I haven't figure out M240 yet, now you give us 50AA example

Charles, She/he looks happy the focus transition does look nice benefit from good composition I like my 55FE very much, but for portrait, somehow I prefer my R lux result. it could sensor, or even LR profile, it could be my process or it could 55FE is too sharp

Here are more 50lux at Qingdao. all at f5.6~f8

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7420/12815057763_f7e5d55f24_b.jpg
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5540/12807431044_b598851ca2_b.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3740/12815064933_1dfda9025e_b.jpg

LOVE the first shot, so neat!

EVERYBODY ELSE, some great shots, love the winter scenes miss skiing, and love the Bison shots!

Feb 28, 2014 at 08:33 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.866 #3 · p.866 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

18 hours and nobody has posted!? Not acceptable... this is the best thread on here. Gotta bumparoonie.

Mar 01, 2014 at 03:03 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.866 #4 · p.866 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
18 hours and nobody has posted!? Not acceptable... this is the best thread on here. Gotta bumparoonie.

I will add it is the friendliest thread and I do like what you all post, very tempting to join in, and I also joined in I found a Monochrom for a good price but I snoozed as I really want my cake and eat it. I want a Monochrom with live view. Maybe I will have to take Gary's suggestion and just get a M-240.

I could always convert to B&W but my heart is set on pure monochrome but the M-240 does have beautiful colors and as Gary says there are adapters available for my classic non Leica- lenses. Still fence sitting.

Nice shots Katie.

Mar 01, 2014 at 03:59 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.866 #5 · p.866 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:

I can't compete with your photos here Katie - I like those first 2 best of your last post, but why also is your son shooting his homestate's football jersey ?

Just to sate your wish to stop the posting hiatus, here are just a couple I quickly took when snapping some gear I want to sell.
These two were taken with my M8 using a G45/2 converted to LM. The A7R had been used to taking shots of the M8 and M9 and a couple of other things. The C/Y Zeiss Planar 50/1.4 is already Leitaxed to EF.

M8 with G45/2 at f5.6 or 8. Face probably not in the focal-plane - I had misplaced my specs!

[

M8 with G45/2 at f8 or 11

I'm still mulling over what I sell and what I keep, having bought an A7R. Here in Aus Sony's promotion meant that it came with a free vertical grip and a free adapter of choice.

I'm not selling the 7R, but do I sell my M8 and M6 Classic and keep my 'newly-sensored' M9, or vice-versa? As i've rambled on about a few weeks ago I am pessimistic about sensor longevity of the M9, combined with its still considerable value if it should fail.

I have a 5D III for action photography and that's getting less value by the day - a weekend motorbike trip caused some chafing of the camera bag against the pentaprism, causing yet more paint rubs through to the metal. It looks like I neglect my gear which is far from the truth.

Edited on Mar 01, 2014 at 04:25 AM · View previous versions

Mar 01, 2014 at 04:14 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.866 #6 · p.866 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Now, anyone got a picture of a Porsche 911 before this page number increments?

My apologies for not commenting specifically on images - I've been very lazy, just 'liking' lots of great shots.

burningheart wrote:
I will add it is the friendliest thread and I do like what you all post, very tempting to join in, and I also joined in I found a Monochrom for a good price but I snoozed as I really want my cake and eat it. I want a Monochrom with live view. Maybe I will have to take Gary's suggestion and just get a M-240.

I could always convert to B&W but my heart is set on pure monochrome but the M-240 does have beautiful colors and as Gary says there are adapters available for my classic non Leica- lenses.
...Show more

Burningheart - the M8 is of course a fine camera for digital B&W!

Mar 01, 2014 at 04:18 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.866 #7 · p.866 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very nice images above, esp the B and W! I added likes

Phil

MM w/Noct 1f

Mar 01, 2014 at 06:28 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.866 #8 · p.866 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you for the comments and likes
Charlie, nice series!
Gary, excellent work with the 180 APO!
Katie, love the B&W and the angles
Lenticular, the A7r is an excellent cam, even with its quirks. I would keep your M9 IMO, as I believe it is a very robust travel cam. Only issue is that you may need to re calibrate the RF every 12 months, which in Australia is only a 3 day exercise.
Phil, beautiful tonality!!! The M-M always amazes me.

Shot from this afternoon at a birthday M240 50 Cron Rigid DR, in macro mode.

Mar 01, 2014 at 06:48 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.866 #9 · p.866 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks you Charles

Love the varied golden color palettes on the image above, rare to see such a variety in one image, well seen

Phil

Mar 01, 2014 at 07:02 AM
seekuh
• •
p.866 #10 · p.866 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very dreamy shot, Charles.

Mar 01, 2014 at 07:08 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

zhangyue
• • • •
p.866 #11 · p.866 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

seekuh wrote:
Very dreamy shot, Charles.

+1, That is something special Great

Mar 01, 2014 at 07:21 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.866 #12 · p.866 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charles - what a beautiful shot, Phil described its qualities very well.

Thanks for your own views on the M9. The A7R was bought when I was firmly on the path of sell M9, keep M8, M6Classic. With M9 prices dropping fast at least in North America, I may revaluate!

Mar 01, 2014 at 07:53 AM
Bijltje
• • •
p.866 #13 · p.866 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Sort of a leica question:

What postal-service did you use when sending to Solms? And what insurance?

I'm from Amsterdam so it doesn't has to be overseas ect. But looking at for example Fedex the prices are 100 to 200 euro :S
It is cheaper for me to drive to Solms....

I really want the package to be insured since there is a 6500 euro camera inside. But adding that amount of value skyrockets the price.

Last time with my M8 I just gave the camera to the shop who send it to solms for me. Total costs 100 euro including the repair..

Mar 01, 2014 at 09:45 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.866 #14 · p.866 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gary, 1st and 2nd are just fantastic.

Katie, beautiful set, but I loooove the first shot! Your b/w conversions are excellent!

Burningheart, go ahead, you only live once

David, nice shot of the chinese lion!

Phil, I like it very much, simple but effective

Charles, beautiful light and selective focus! Outstanding!

Edited on Mar 01, 2014 at 11:25 AM · View previous versions

Mar 01, 2014 at 11:18 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.866 #15 · p.866 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A few shots with the M and Biogon 25/2.8 from this afternoon:

L1000084 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1000081 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1000083 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1000078 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1000070 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1000071 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Mar 01, 2014 at 11:20 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.866 #16 · p.866 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

One more:

L1000067 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Mar 01, 2014 at 11:52 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.866 #17 · p.866 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Edward, thanks for the lion comments, although its typically `lenticular-mediocre`

Congrats on getting the M and in selling your M9, not to mention getting it repaired quite quickly.

Gutsy move from you I think, to take that first one with what's happened in recent weeks in Bangkok. That one and your last stand out from the others for me. There's a lot of dynamic range in that last one ( of your 1st post on this page).

The little boy in your last shot epitomises street photography!

Edited on Mar 01, 2014 at 12:16 PM · View previous versions

Mar 01, 2014 at 11:59 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.866 #18 · p.866 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

lenticular11 wrote:
Edward, thanks for the lion comments, although its typically `lenticular-mediocre`

Congrats on getting the M and in selling your M9, not to mention getting it repaired quite quickly.

Gutsy move from you I think, to take that first one with what's happened in recent weeks in Bangkok. That one and your last stand out from the others for me. There's a lot of dynamic range in that last one ( of your 1st post on this page).

Thank you David! Nothing mediocre about the lion shot

Thai army are very friendly guys, no worries about that. After I took his picture, the soldier gave me a military salute! Too bad I had the camera away at that moment

The M has excellent dynamic range but imho the A7 is quite better and I do prefer the Sony colors. But of course working with the A7 is like working on a computer, you have to keep on pressing buttons. Not my cup of tea. I really love the analog experience of the Leica M.

The soldier shot would have been very difficult with the Sony because of the net, but focusing the RF was like a breeze

Mar 01, 2014 at 12:09 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.866 #19 · p.866 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I know what you mean about the A7! I shot all last weekend with my 5D and today only took a small number of shots with the M8, but how great it is to have the simplicity of RF and Leica's interface.

Mar 01, 2014 at 12:28 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.866 #20 · p.866 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

A lot of great photos as usual.

Thank you for the comments and likes!

Here are 3 mixed street photos from today and a selfie with a dot. M9 and 35 Lux in a cold Stockholm.

Mar 01, 2014 at 01:50 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password