FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              864      
       866              1381       1382       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

adamdewilde
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.865 #1 · p.865 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Guys some really nice shots... I haven't had much time to post or comment but great work.
(I haven't even had time to edit my personal photos, been all about work these past few weeks).

Feb 27, 2014 at 05:42 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.865 #2 · p.865 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Leonas, nice moment there.
Zhangyue, beautiful colors as usual.
Charlie, nice ski shots and it seems you're enjoying exceptional weather.
Gary, the mountain shot looks great. That and #2 are my favorites.
Katie, awesome portrait. The colors, low key light and expression are all perfect.
Adam, I prefer the FE 55 rendering to be honest, but I have a known bias for Zeiss The AA shot is the better one however due to the composition and lighting.

By the way, I'm noticing a slight play in the bottom plate of the M. I had the same with the M9 but it was gone after the sensor replacement. Anyone has the same?

Feb 27, 2014 at 06:46 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.865 #3 · p.865 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

No play on my MM

Feb 27, 2014 at 06:54 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.865 #4 · p.865 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks all for the comments and likes and great shots as always everyone!

edwardkaraa wrote:
By the way, I'm noticing a slight play in the bottom plate of the M. I had the same with the M9 but it was gone after the sensor replacement. Anyone has the same?

I'm on my 3rd baseplate with the M240 Home run soon ...

Feb 27, 2014 at 07:15 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.865 #5 · p.865 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
Thanks all for the comments and likes and great shots as always everyone!

I'm on my 3rd baseplate with the M240 Home run soon ...

Feb 27, 2014 at 07:25 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.865 #6 · p.865 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Mine has been rock solid. Joe - really?

Feb 27, 2014 at 08:25 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.865 #7 · p.865 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I think its thinner on the M240 which causes it to flex more?

First one, the latch was faulty, could not close properly
Second one, it flexed too much and when I press it in the middle, it "pop"
3rd one, fingers crossed!

Never had issues on M8/M9 Mono. But bottom plate issues have been there since they went ahead with this design in the 1950s. My M6 TTL baseplate was also difficult to close sometimes, especially out in the field when you want to work fast.

Feb 27, 2014 at 09:15 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.865 #8 · p.865 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charlie, thank you You make the snow look fantastic! Really like #1 and the B&W images.
Gary, beautiful images!! I miss my 90 Cron Pre AA. Love the shot with the 180/3.4 APO. Sorry, I didn't answer your question before about the fish being caught on the beach. There are bream, whiting, trevally and snapper.
Michael, beautiful rich colors in your landscape
Katie, wonderful lighting in your shots!
Adam, I don't think you can compare the shots. The FE 55 and A7r wide open, in the range of 1 to 4m for portraits is amazing. When you stop down the FE 55 and more distant the lens is very sharp, high DR, but becomes more clinical and would not compare the M240 50 Cron AA IMO. If you were to use the 50 Cron AA on the A7/A7r, again the M240 would be better in rendering and feel.

The bottom plates on both of M240's is very solid.

I have a very similar angle and shot with the FE 55 and A7r of Cous Cous the cat This I feel is the range and rendering where the uber sharp FE 55 is very good, and behaves like a Sonnar design.

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:39 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.865 #9 · p.865 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Re M240 baseplate: I think it's thinner. At least it feels that way. That's immediately what came to mind the first time I removed it the day I received the camera. That day I also had a couple instances where I accidentally didn't put it back on all the way... that said, I haven't noticed any play in it, yet.

Adam - difficult to say because as you noted, it's not a direct comparison, but the 50AA image does feel more lush to me, and not because of the colour/WB difference.

Robert - keep us posted on what happens with your camera. I know Lightroom automatically maps out a lot of hot pixels in my M9 images, but oddly doesn't seem to do as well with the M240 at higher ISOs and with pushed exposure in LR. The line you described sounded exactly like what I had with a Canon 1DIII. It took Canon a few tries to fix it, including replacing the sensor, which wasn't the solution. They finally got it by replacing the entire PCB... Hopefully Leica is able to resolve it on the first try.

Sorry, no new photos.. I need to catch up on my backlog as it is, but may be a few days due to work priorities...

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:50 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.865 #10 · p.865 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

back to what I know and love ... wide angle and black and white. Leica M-E and CV 21 1.8 Trying out a new conversion, too.

Feb 28, 2014 at 01:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

zhangyue
• • • •
p.865 #11 · p.865 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Katie, The first portrait is great! your son is so handsome BW set is great too! we are posting almost at same time.

Adam, I didn't see anything, I haven't figure out M240 yet, now you give us 50AA example

Charles, She/he looks happy the focus transition does look nice benefit from good composition I like my 55FE very much, but for portrait, somehow I prefer my R lux result. it could sensor, or even LR profile, it could be my process or it could 55FE is too sharp

Here are more 50lux at Qingdao. all at f5.6~f8

Feb 28, 2014 at 01:04 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.865 #12 · p.865 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Katie I like them all but really like the mirror shot and Z great series...

Feb 28, 2014 at 02:30 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.865 #13 · p.865 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Katie, really like the B&W conversions, fully rich blacks and tonality throughout
Michael, excellent colors and tones! Love the contrast with the blue and warm tones.

Ron, Michael, I agree the FE 55 can be too sharp, as there is no real dial back control, other than clarity of -20. The 50 Cron AA would have the incredible sharpness, only there if you need it. I notice this even with the older lenses, 50 Nocti f/1.0 and 50 Cron Rigid DR, there is amazing detail, but unless you PP to pull out the detail, it is not very noticeable on web presentation. I think this is where the depth is, in a subtle way
Adam, nice cats BTW

Shot with the M240 and 21 SEM.

Feb 28, 2014 at 02:37 AM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.865 #14 · p.865 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

@ Gary 2&3 around the lake are very fine shots
@Michael esp love the single 50lux into the forest: has beautiful 3d
@Katie two excellent sets, 1&2 in the first I really love, and "boy with gun" is so well done: every shot.
@Charles I like to see those 21 shots

There's a saying in the mountains: "don't like the weather?" "Wait 5 minutes" Not always true but today it was

One lens again, this time my 350USD m-rokkor 40/2

L1005000 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005045 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005039 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005038 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005048 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1005049 by unoh7, on Flickr

Just a very nice lens and near perfect normal FL, except of course no framelines

21 SEM 40/2 and 90CV another great backcountry set I hope to try,

oh, btw the 21 SEM came this afternoon. It truly is like new, except is has some play in the optical group. My 28 cron had this happen and DAG tightened it for me. It seems to be the same identical thing.

Here an extreme case:

I'm inclined to keep the lens because it so perfect otherwise.

Feb 28, 2014 at 03:18 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.865 #15 · p.865 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you guys for your feedback about the baseplate. I have inspected mine and found out it has to normally rest on the thick leatherette above, but with mine there is a tine space in between, probably just a few microns but enough to cause the slight movement. It could also be that the latch needs a bit of tightening. Nothing serious but not nice to have in a new camera.

Feb 28, 2014 at 04:32 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.865 #16 · p.865 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charles - very smooth rendering on that cat shot. Also, the 21SEM shot is very nice (but as you know, I love the 21SEM).
Katie - Nice set! That first pic seems so "Texas" to me.
Michael - looks like so much variety to shoot there. That first one looks like a mixed media piece of art.
Charlie - good set. I can't believe people still use those mono skis. I tried that for 1/2 a season and gave up. Not much fun at all (at least for me).

Feb 28, 2014 at 04:33 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.865 #17 · p.865 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charles, what a lovely shot of Cous Cous! (I'm a cat person by the way). Adorable!!!!

Katie, nice family shots. Love the last one.

Zhangyue, 1st shot is my favorite. Love the water rendering.

Feb 28, 2014 at 04:37 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.865 #18 · p.865 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Three pics of wild beesties....

180/3.4 APO Tely-T R

180/3.4 APO Tely-T R

180/3.4 APO Tely-T R

Feb 28, 2014 at 05:10 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.865 #19 · p.865 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Leonas, nice moment there.
Zhangyue, beautiful colors as usual.
Charlie, nice ski shots and it seems you're enjoying exceptional weather.
Gary, the mountain shot looks great. That and #2 are my favorites.
Katie, awesome portrait. The colors, low key light and expression are all perfect.
Adam, I prefer the FE 55 rendering to be honest, but I have a known bias for Zeiss The AA shot is the better one however due to the composition and lighting.

By the way, I'm noticing a slight play in the bottom plate of the M. I had the same with the M9 but it was gone
...Show more

As Joe said "Second one, it flexed too much and when I press it in the middle, it popped"

This happened to me on my first camera, but as you all know, I had three preorders that I took as good will to my dealers, sold them off at cost, but in the process I switched my baseplate with one of the other two, because and weirdly enough the second Ms baseplate was also making a pop, but when I switched my camera and the second camera neither of them popped, and both were perfect... Strange right? Think there are a few QC issues at play?

Feb 28, 2014 at 08:27 AM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.865 #20 · p.865 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Charlie, thank you You make the snow look fantastic! Really like #1 and the B&W images.
Gary, beautiful images!! I miss my 90 Cron Pre AA. Love the shot with the 180/3.4 APO. Sorry, I didn't answer your question before about the fish being caught on the beach. There are bream, whiting, trevally and snapper.
Michael, beautiful rich colors in your landscape
Katie, wonderful lighting in your shots!
Adam, I don't think you can compare the shots. The FE 55 and A7r wide open, in the range of 1 to 4m for portraits is amazing. When you stop down the FE 55 and
...Show more

Very cute shot of the cat.. Agree they're not comparable unless I do a scientific test, but I feel the rendering of the 50AA is a bit more to my liking, but the 55 FE really is fantastic, and gives me close to 50MPZE results in an autofocus package! So I think I'll be keeping both systems

Feb 28, 2014 at 08:29 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password