Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              859      
       861              1059       1060       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.860 #1 · p.860 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice Ryan - it is going to be a great Christmas for you.

Dec 20, 2013 at 07:48 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.860 #2 · p.860 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

dalegaspi wrote:
Gary:

I personally like the second B+W treatment by a mile.

question: are you going for a play in perspective (i.e., making 3d look like 2d)? the only thing that bothers me a bit is the framing of it...there's too much space on the left side...perhaps a panoramic crop (or black borders maybe?) would make it "better" (using the term very loosely here)? but, hey, that's just me...and probably a minority here...so take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the comments Dexter! My preference in this photo was to have a little bit of open space on either side (I chose left) so it didn't feel so cramped. I may try a pano but won't plug up this thread with this pic any more…

Dec 20, 2013 at 07:57 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.860 #3 · p.860 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joakim, pandorf, Gary, Ryan: very nice images
Ryan: I give you double for the first several images. great!

Dec 20, 2013 at 07:59 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.860 #4 · p.860 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A sunset shot from the other day…

21SEM

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.860 #5 · p.860 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Dec 21, 2013 at 01:27 AM
Andrew Gough
• • • •
p.860 #6 · p.860 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Last one's from Cyprus. Thank you everyone for the likes and kind comments!

London, UK

Andrew

Dec 21, 2013 at 02:20 AM
Jabberwockt
• • •
p.860 #7 · p.860 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan, great series, seems like lots of happy moments captured there. Particularly like #4-#8
Gary, I rather like the fist B&W, both look a bit surreal, but the first one has a more gentle look.

35 LuxAsphNonFLE (is there a shorter acronym for this?) on an M9

-Andy

Dec 21, 2013 at 03:49 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.860 #8 · p.860 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I really like Leica for being able to capture the moment… It's a bit blurry, but it was very dark with high ISO.

50lux pre-asph e46

Dec 21, 2013 at 04:36 PM
Andrew Gough
• • • •
p.860 #9 · p.860 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary,

Awesome shot !

Dec 21, 2013 at 06:12 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.860 #10 · p.860 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Thank you Dexter, Doug! After a lot of bitching they agreed to send the camera to Solms. If they have to dismantle the camera to change the sensor, at least it should be done by the guys who actually build these things. Now let's see how long will it take.

Good luck with the repair Edward. That was dreadful treatment initially by your regional Leica agents.

I have been waiting since sometime around Sep for my faulty M9 to have a replacement sensor motherboard/rear screen/SD card interface unit replaced by the Leica-approved repairer in Melbourne.

I was advised in late Oct that the original repair timeframe had slipped due to Leica supplier QA issues, but received an email last Friday to say that the ETA for parts was now January. It's been so long that I bought another M8 in the meantime to replace the one I sold back in Jul.

In my case I cannot complain, as I bought the camera 2nd hand with an 'unrecognisable SD card' problem, thinking I could fix it :-0. The repair is being done by Leica under goodwill, something I am very happy about.

Dec 22, 2013 at 01:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jojomon11
• • • • •
p.860 #11 · p.860 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Merry Christmas All!

M w/Nocti 1f

Dec 22, 2013 at 01:51 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.860 #12 · p.860 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice Phil

This one from this week, I call "Tops". Because it's the top of a smokestack, the top of a train switch light, the top of a branch shoot, all sharing view...

MM/75 Cron

Dec 22, 2013 at 03:52 PM
nicoimages
• •
p.860 #13 · p.860 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Leica M 240 with Zeiss Biogon 2.8/25ZM - amazing combination - so happy with how much better ergonomically the M240 is and with a bit of extra PP have not noticed any lack of micro contrast compared to the M9

A few test images

Edited on Dec 22, 2013 at 05:53 PM · View previous versions

Dec 22, 2013 at 03:54 PM
atwl77
• •
p.860 #14 · p.860 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great shots everyone, especially that bee-in-flight, Ryan - superb timing!

I took the family to a local petting zoo this weekend, some shots from the trip (all M240 with 50lux asph):

Dec 22, 2013 at 03:58 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.860 #15 · p.860 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Adam, lenticular, thanks for your comments. I am still under shock of the way I was treated. Even the body cap, they won't admit responsibility after I showed them the camera receipt stating clearly the cap was included, so they will replace it for me at my expense. Not entirely sure if they will really send the camera to Solms or they're lying to shut me up. I feel this problem is particular to Leica Singapore because by all accounts Solms service is excellent.

Dec 22, 2013 at 04:13 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.860 #16 · p.860 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

After the fall...

Dec 22, 2013 at 04:16 PM
atwl77
• •
p.860 #17 · p.860 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Adam, lenticular, thanks for your comments. I am still under shock of the way I was treated. Even the body cap, they won't admit responsibility after I showed them the camera receipt stating clearly the cap was included, so they will replace it for me at my expense. Not entirely sure if they will really send the camera to Solms or they're lying to shut me up. I feel this problem is particular to Leica Singapore because by all accounts Solms service is excellent.

That's terrible, can you escalate the issue to someone higher up? Perhaps one of the people mentioned by the other posters?

Dec 22, 2013 at 04:18 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.860 #18 · p.860 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Adrian, Doug, and Nico nice work! love the color tones and rendering in the petting zoo!

Edward hopefully they can take care of your M9, I hope this is a isolated problem, really makes me upset if this is a global issue on how they treat customers. Starting to give me doubts now

Phil

M240 Noct 1f

Dec 22, 2013 at 04:43 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.860 #19 · p.860 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice shots everyone! Too bad I can't contribute at the moment

I don't think I want to aggravate the situation at the moment. I just want them to fix the camera ASAP, and I will see later on if I would like to raise this issue with Dr. Kaufmann. I don't care if I have to pay for a body cap, even if it's overpriced, it's a trivial issue. I hope it's an isolated incident as it is unlike anything I have heard about Leica service. Now I know that should I ever need to service my camera again, I will have to ship it on my own to Solms without going through the local channels.

Dec 22, 2013 at 04:59 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.860 #20 · p.860 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great pics everyone.

Nicholas - really like your set. I agree that the ZM25 is a great match with the M240. Your PP looks nicely balanced…
Edward - stick with it, hopefully you will get it back soon and move past all of this crap.
Adrian - nice zoo pics. The retro treatement looks good and the last pic looks like something out of the 60's.
Phil - no more Noct shots PLEASE!

Dec 22, 2013 at 05:46 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password