Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              854      
       856              1005       1006       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

KatieInTexas
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.855 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

pandorf wrote:
I captured this image while traveling west over Texas earlier this week.

that's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Dec 13, 2013 at 02:34 PM
Fursan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.855 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the ' likes ' folks. Much appreciated.

My wife and I love the mountains. I am just a hanger-on. Clicking sometimes. Staying back most of the time.

We live far from the snowcapped Alps or the Himalayas. So before I take you into some of our mountain journeys;

here is home..

Dec 14, 2013 at 04:22 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.855 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Awesome, love the second shot fursan.

Dec 14, 2013 at 05:26 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.855 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

A mixed bag for today from another lunchtime walk….

Nikkor 5cm f/1.4 ltm

Nikkor 5cm f/1.4 ltm

Nikkor 5cm f/1.4 ltm

Nikkor 5cm f/1.4 ltm

Nikkor 5cm f/1.4 ltm

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Jud73

p.855 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary I like these ^^ a lot, especially the first one…..

Some from the Gingerbread Build-off in Houston today…..all with X2

Dec 15, 2013 at 02:54 AM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.855 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice shots Gary and Jud73!

Dec 15, 2013 at 04:59 AM
ryankarr
• • •
p.855 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the well wishes, baby and mom are doing well.

MM + 50 Lux ASPH @ f2

L1011797 by ryankarr, on Flickr

MM + 35 FLE @ 1.4

L1011606 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Dec 15, 2013 at 06:54 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.855 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Great pictures Ryan. Hope you can manage to get a bit of sleep here and there…

One from yesterday…

180/3.4 APO Tely-T R

Dec 15, 2013 at 06:26 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.855 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Congrats again Ryan, lovely shots of the new addition and the escalated wife or nurse?

Gary awesome colors and wonderful composition

Question all, I'm thinking of getting rid of my M and reacquire another M9, pretty much love the CCD sensor and rendering of the old, def. fits my style better, there are some big improvements with the M, but I am just not gelling with it, the rendering on the M9 was def. more to my liking, had more of a classic look to it vs. the modern look of the M.

What are your thoughts on the differences? Just curious

I'm not a night time shooter so high iso isn't really a concern of mine, but I am a sharpness freak and the M wins hands down in that end, but the M9 is no slouch either esp. with mag and range patch and eye instincts that I have acquired throughout the years w/an M8 and M9

I feel the M has lost that certain mojo that I always sought after that the M9 had

I'm not bashing the M, it's more of a pers preference, newest model isn't always the best for you

Phil

Dec 15, 2013 at 07:06 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.855 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Hi Phil,

I'm not really sure how to answer this.. I was looking over a lot of older M9 files the past few days (looking for lens qualities from sold lenses), and I was thinking that there really is something about the sensor that I like. For me though, the flexibility of the higher ISO and the more precise focusing mechanism makes the M a winner in my books. I wouldn't mind an M9 again, just for casual shooting, but again that's kinda what the M is for already, so probably not a good idea to complicate things.

Honestly though, I do like the images from the M, I find that if you work on them a bit, they're great.
Although thinking back, I also had to work on my M9 files and I like the look equally as well, but it did seem more (and I'm not going to say film like, because I'm not sure that the M9 is film like) but not so commonly digital..

Really at the end of the day, I suppose it depends on your needs/wants.

Dec 15, 2013 at 07:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jojomon11
• • • • •
p.855 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Adam

Having both the M and MM, I clearly prefer the 1 year old MM's rendering over the M. I guess your right it's a matter of preference.

I wish they made the M9-U with the higher iso performance of the M

Dec 15, 2013 at 09:42 PM
charles.K
• • • •
p.855 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Fursan, superb images.
Ryan, wonderful shots, and congrats again!
Gary, wonderful series!!! Very nice abstract! Great lens

Hi Phil,
Not an easy question. I do remember when the M9 came out, there was such a huge back lash in the LUF about the "Italian flag", and color issues, I do remember using the X Rite card, and program to make LCC profiles for all the different lighting to compensate for the reddish and cyan tones. This has tempered very much, with the many updated FW's.
IMO, the ergonomics of not having LV 3" LCD, and a EVF, with fast lenses is no longer an option, when traveling. The M9 signature is great and different, but I now do prefer the M. The cost of second hand M9's has dropped considerably and the option of having one as a backup is a possibility now.

With regards to the Monochrome, it is in another class of its own. The IQ and DNG from the Monochrome, are just amazing, and really nothing else is its class. Again, when I reverted back to using the Monochrome, not having the LV 3" LCD, I realized how important these items were for me. The Monochrome is so unique, and will be well sought after for many years. In Australia, it is still about AUD 1500 more expensive than the M240. I do miss the Monochrome, but I needed to simplify to just one system, batteries and chargers, and workflow for PP'ing. One thing I have noted is that I prefer the B&W output from the M240 to the M9 files, and I suspect there is less IR filtration.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.855 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Charles for the input, yes the MM will def. be my keeper for a long time, at least I say that now, out of all the cameras I have, if the MM goes away, that will be the one I miss the most out of all my gear.

I actually feel a little better in letting my M go, now that I have my A7 , but leica is leica and sony is sony, if you know what I mean. I am pretty stoked I can use all my leica glass on the A7, it def. gives me more option to be creative

I would have to say the M9 B and W conversion suits me better than the M240 because of the shall we say digital filmic feel SOOC? If that word exists

The VF2 has def. changed the way I shoot w/the M! Never was a fan of LV but will try someday I suppose. The magnifiers as you know were an issue for me

Thanks for your input Charles

Phil

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.855 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan, congrats on your newborn! Beautiful baby.
Joakim, nice framing with the girl's eye between the cards. Excellent. How was the workshop?
Katie, very nice gangsta set and fun narration!
Fursan, continuing to enjoy your travels and pictures.
Gary, excellent varied set past few pages. 21SEM pic looks great and the Nikkor 5cm 1.4 looks sharp.
Charles, excellent shot of the rocks with the 21SEM. This lens really looks tempting!
Duane, very peaceful with the morning sunrise shot.

jojomon11 wrote:
Question all, I'm thinking of getting rid of my M and reacquire another M9, pretty much love the CCD sensor and rendering of the old, def. fits my style better, there are some big improvements with the M, but I am just not gelling with it, the rendering on the M9 was def. more to my liking, had more of a classic look to it vs. the modern look of the M.

What are your thoughts on the differences? Just curious

I'm not a night time shooter so high iso isn't really a concern of mine, but I am a sharpness freak
...Show more

Sometimes I miss my M9 for the CCD look to the files but but if I were to choose only one, I'll take the M(240): better buffer, more robust electronics, more robust mechanical tolerance, weather sealing, more accurate 2m framelines, higher iso, nicer sounding shutter, etc etc. M(240) color still seems off for me, especially skin tones in mixed lighting situation, I'm not getting consistency quite often, but then again I don't have Ron's pp skills. But some have also speculated that the color issue on the M240 is due to IR contamination. When my M240 comes back from Leica service, I'll be curious to try it with some IR cut filters.

If you feel the M has lost the mojo, could it be because you have been using the EVF and live view? Try to leave the EVF at home and treat it like a rangefinder for a week or two and see if it gels?

As for B&W between M9 and M240, I prefer the M240 as the files seem richer to me (not scientific though)

The Monochrom, that's a different story. I thought of letting go mine a few months back but I'm glad I kept it.

My Nikkor weekend,

W-Nikkor 3.5cm 1.8 ltm

Nikkor 10.5cm 2.5 ltm

Dec 16, 2013 at 03:51 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.855 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

jojomon11 wrote:
I actually feel a little better in letting my M go, now that I have my A7 ,

What? You want to replace a real camera with an electronic box?

While I agree the A7/R is a ground breaking camera because its the first affordable FF mirrorless camera and priced very competitively, I still don't trust Sony enough with their roadmap for cameras and lenses. Although Sony make excellent sensors, I have never felt much love with my NEX cameras. My RX1 seems to be an exception but still, I prefer cameras with both shutter dials and aperture rings. As for alternative to a rangfinder, I'm looking forward to (i) a FF Ricoh GXR optimized for RF lenses, (ii) or maybe a FF Fuji X series (ii) or possible an A7 successor when Zeiss releases their manual focus FE mount lenses. Otherwise I find most of the current mirrorless cameras too much of a compromise compared to a full frame DSLR.

Some people say Canon and Nikon are not innovative enough compared to Sony or Olympus, but why reinvent the wheel when a DSLR works for what its supposed to? I must say its good to have so many choices for cameras nowadays compared to say 3-4 years back.

Dec 16, 2013 at 04:24 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.855 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Joe for the insight, and advice, really appreciate it

I've been sick with a long standing flu/allergies with santa ana winds that won't go away and it's really kept me indoors for the past 3 weeks! besides going to work

Spending way to much time in front of the computer

Phil

Dec 16, 2013 at 06:02 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.855 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice images, Guys.
Joe, great BW images from MM. BTW, 35cron V1 is great on A7R.
Fursan, another superb set.
Ryan, congratulation!
Phil, M and M9 are very different camera, I will chose M for fast electronics, high DR, LV, weather seal etc... but choose M9 for its film like operating and color.

A7 is very different camera, I have to put it far behind Leica and Nikon interns of overall shooting and handling. IF I am a dedicate landscape shooter then answer could be different. But either I can live with Nikon or Leica but not sony, at least not this generation.

a portrait by 50lux ASPH and M9 from yesterday.

WO zero crop

Dec 16, 2013 at 06:19 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.855 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

This is one that I shot about a month and a half ago. My wife and I built the dress the night before the model arrived.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Leica M type 240 & Summilux 35mm f/1.4. Two Profoto lights, one with a 3'x4' gridded softbox, and a very understated kicker/rim on the other side with a 30º grid to control spill

Cylindrical

Dec 16, 2013 at 09:16 AM
Fursan
• •
p.855 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Charles, Joe, zhangyue...thank you guys for your comments and encouragements.

Grateful to other friends for their ' likes '.

Thank you all.

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Fursan
• •
p.855 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:
a portrait by 50lux ASPH and M9 from yesterday.

WO zero crop
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7324/11397460994_9f40ab2900_b.jpg

Marvellous !!

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password