Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              836      
       838              1048       1049       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.837 #1 · p.837 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary, great shots. Love the lenses Hard to beat Oly lenses.
Paul, beautiful low key colors
Ryan, stunning set of images

I have not shot any for the last couple of days. I am receiving this afternoon the A7r with the FE 35. It will be interesting to see how well it stacks as a backup for the M240

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM
dalegaspi
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.837 #2 · p.837 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan, when I saw that foot stool (?) in your flickr photostream i thought it was some kind of funky skateboard...well now with the rest of the pics that certainly puts it in...ehrm..perspective.

Nov 26, 2013 at 03:49 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.837 #3 · p.837 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan, i shot a shot a lot like your tree/moon shot before. Sort of thought so anyway, I'd have to look it up to see how close they really are.

Charles, congrats on the new Sony. I really don't know what all the fuss is about these Sonys, they aren't Leicas after all. Didn't you mean a Leica backup's backup? I thought you had 2 M240s? Well, whatever it is, enjoy...

I have a lot to do tomorrow to get ready to fix lunch for my daughter and me wed, we are celebrating thanksgiving a day early. I don't know why...

Nursing a sore back from hoisting a TV console stand around earlier out of my truck, and setup for my 60" plasma. A little grunting with the TV too, 60" plasma not light... Fun... should be ok after a night's rest.

Edited on Nov 26, 2013 at 06:17 AM · View previous versions

Nov 26, 2013 at 05:06 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.837 #4 · p.837 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Just messing around...M240 35 Lux

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:14 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.837 #5 · p.837 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Congratulations Charles! Where will you be posting your images?

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.837 #6 · p.837 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thank you Edward Wish there was a provision in this thread for Leica M lenses, with the A7r body. For now I have posted some initial shots in the A7 images thread.

Doug, nice shots!

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Fursan
• •
p.837 #7 · p.837 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nov 26, 2013 at 03:24 PM
Fursan
• •
p.837 #8 · p.837 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nov 26, 2013 at 03:27 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.837 #9 · p.837 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Congratulations Charles! Where will you be posting your images?

You cheeky bugger Edward! Those threads are truly a mess but it really is great to see all the excitement over this release. I think once things calm down we will see some great images posted from this camera. The A7 may be a good alternative to my D700 (for mid/long glass) but I will wait a while longer to make a decision. I'm looking forward to seeing some of Charles' images so I suppose I should mosey on over to the A7 thread every once and a while.

Nov 26, 2013 at 03:49 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.837 #10 · p.837 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
You cheeky bugger Edward! Those threads are truly a mess but it really is great to see all the excitement over this release. I think once things calm down we will see some great images posted from this camera. The A7 may be a good alternative to my D700 (for mid/long glass) but I will wait a while longer to make a decision. I'm looking forward to seeing some of Charles' images so I suppose I should mosey on over to the A7 thread every once and a while.

I suspect that we will be seeing a tremendous outpouring of images into that/those threads once more of the A7 and A7r cameras find their way into the hands of many of our members. I can't wait till mine arrives.

Rich

Edited on Nov 26, 2013 at 03:53 PM · View previous versions

Nov 26, 2013 at 03:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

3D.Doug
• • •
p.837 #11 · p.837 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Fursan, you posted the little girl in June in another thread. Is a great shot, but is this a Leica image, or Sony or Fuji? I checked your history, and saw you mostly posted there before... but this image was in a thread a few from Laos, and didn't really say what camera. Just curious.

I will say, we all forget how good we have it at times in the western world.

Nov 26, 2013 at 03:52 PM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.837 #12 · p.837 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Regarding Charles A7R is it? I am sure Charles will get a lot out of it, Someday, maybe I will check out a Sony, but today, the M is my new camera, and I am happy to have it. Keeping my M9 is my second "new camera" in a way, because I was going to sell it, and only recently decided to try and keep it as a backup and second body. If I can add a Monochrome later, and then avois GAS in the future for a while, I really think I should be set on Leica bodies for a very LONG time. I hope... then maybe I could turn my attention toward that Noct I want someday. :-) Gotta have dreams.

Nov 26, 2013 at 03:57 PM
Fursan
• •
p.837 #13 · p.837 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

3D.Doug wrote:
Fursan, you posted the little girl in June in another thread. Is a great shot, but is this a Leica image, or Sony or Fuji? I checked your history, and saw you mostly posted there before... but this image was in a thread a few from Laos, and didn't really say what camera. Just curious.

I will say, we all forget how good we have it at times in the western world.

Hi Doug.

Thanks. This is from my leica, 28 cron asph..in morocco.

A thanks to Edward.

Take care you two.

p.s Sony and fuji are recent acquisitions..age. I have been a nikon and Leica person mostly.

Nov 26, 2013 at 05:54 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.837 #14 · p.837 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:

Haha, you know just the usual madness after each new product release Anyhow, I'm convinced this camera is not for us. It will be a great addition to a Leica M(9) as Charles said, as it allows to shoot up close with precise framing. But the entire zone C and a good part of zone B are smeared and blurred even stopped down to crazy apertures like f/11-16 so it's gonna be impossible to shoot landscapes with anything shorter than 50mm.

Edited on Nov 26, 2013 at 06:04 PM · View previous versions

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:01 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.837 #15 · p.837 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

The smoker

M9 - ZM 50/2 wide open

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:02 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.837 #16 · p.837 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Do any of you know of a good resource for MTF's for older Leica glass? I am looking for MTF's for my 50cron V4, 90cron pre-AA, and 50lux pre-ASPH. I searched the net for a while and couldn't find much. I also would rather not buy the Puts Leica book if possible....

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:04 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.837 #17 · p.837 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Gary Clennan wrote:
Do any of you know of a good resource for MTF's for older Leica glass? I am looking for MTF's for my 50cron V4, 90cron pre-AA, and 50lux pre-ASPH. I searched the net for a while and couldn't find much. I also would rather not buy the Puts Leica book if possible....

Photodo.com

You will need to search by manufacturer and lens mount, then go to images.

Example: http://www.photodo.com/lens/Leica-SummiluxM-50mm-f14-875/images

The MTF are measured by a Zeiss testing bench and if I'm not mistaken the tests were done partially or entirely by the suede (Joachim)

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:09 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.837 #18 · p.837 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Beauty Salon

M9 - ZM 25/2.8

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:38 PM
charles.K
• • • •
p.837 #19 · p.837 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Fursan, magic shots! Very evocative and full of feeling
Edward, great portrait! Love the angle and lighting. Very cool street barbers!!
Doug, yes the A7r and FE 35/2.8 with Novaflex adapter

The A7r is excellent in every respect. Yes there will be large percentage of M mount lenses that will not play well, but so far with the A7r, the 50 Cron Rigid DR, 24 Lux Asph, 75 Lux and 50 Nocti f/1.0 are excellent. I have yet to try the 50 Lux Asph. I have the FE 35/2.8, so there are no other lenses I need. In fact I usually on take a couple lenses when I'm on a shoot, if that.

Balancing the IQ, ergonomics and more importantly the feel of wishing to pick up the camera and take shots, I still prefer the M240. I have clarified my thoughts, as to my minimum requirements in a FF small package. Small package is relative now, as the size of the A7r, is really the same size as the original Oly OM-2.

For me:
IQ 24MP min with excellent DR and accurate registration with lenses.
RF accurately calibrated.
LV and the ease of one stop manual focusing. This is not the case yet with the A7r.
EVF. I like the M240, as the EVF can be removed when you don't need it, even though the image quality is better with the A7r.

Now it is up to the photographer to perform!!

Nov 27, 2013 at 01:10 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.837 #20 · p.837 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M-E and CV 35 1.2
If I didn't occasionally (like 15%) like color shots, I would just get the MM...

annoyed

paparazzi

more annoyed

super annoyed WITH paparazzi :)

cat, chickens eat on porch together

Nov 27, 2013 at 01:42 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register